SMTP account SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC.......

Inside the mailboxes folder of Exchange server, there is user called:  SMTP
(EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC-5DD3568592C0})

I dont know what this is?  Is this a system mailbox?  If not, how did it get
there and how can I get rid of it?

The reason I ask is that , every few minutes, there is virus being sent to
this mailbox, apparently from the "administrator".  Very strange.

any help will be appreciated.

thanks,
john

0
smith (11)

I found the answer here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252341

"john Smith" <smith@fakedomain.com> wrote in message
> Inside the mailboxes folder of Exchange server, there is user called:
SMTP
> (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC-5DD3568592C0})
>
> I dont know what this is?  Is this a system mailbox?  If not, how did it
get
> there and how can I get rid of it?
>
> The reason I ask is that , every few minutes, there is virus being sent to
> this mailbox, apparently from the "administrator".  Very strange.
>
> any help will be appreciated.
>
> thanks,
> john

0
smith (11)

Analytical Accounting and default Dimension codes ?
Hello, I have started using AA with GP 9.0 at a customer, I think it looks quite promising, but somehow it seems to lack one major feature, unless I have missed it completely in the manual : Is there a way to attach dimension codes to your master records, Customer, Items or Suppliers for example, and have these codes automatically default to your transaction distributions ? Say I attach dimension code CC10000 to my customer ABC, when I book a RM invoice for this customer I want my distribution accounts (the ones that should receive AA information) to be automatically flagged with this CC100...

Exchange Calendar Update Tool for Daylight Savings
I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 server, I have installed the Windows Daylight Savings Update 931836 on the server and Exchange Update 926666. The question I have is if I am running the Exchange Calendar update tool, KB930879. Do I need to uninstall the Exchange Update 926666 before running the tool? Thanks. Not necessarily - unless you have a lot of OWA DST 2007: The order of things, again! http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/03/dst-2007-order-of-things-again.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog -----------------------------------...

SMTP restrictions #2
A few questions: If I configure the "Limit Message Size(KB)" does this pertain to the attachments as well? Also, does it affect both inbound and outbound? If the "Limit Message Size" is exceeded by the attachment does the attachment get stripped and the message (body) go through? If nothing goes through, does the sender recieve an error? Sorry so many questions. Thanks! Message size is the sum of the headers, body and the attachment. There is no setting specifically for the attachment size. When there is a violation, the entire message is bounced back to the send...

Exchange account hanging up on Exit
We have a Gateway Tablet PC running Office 2003 Small Business Edition. The Laptop in question is running Windows XP PC Tablet Edition. The Email for the company is hosted off site and currently the laptop is question has a POP3 Email account set up in Outlook. Thsi appears tofunction correctly. We also have Exchange 2000 loaded on a server here in the office for testing. I added an Email account in outlook on the above laptop and everyhting works fine until I shut down outlook. At this point Outlook hangs and cannot be restarted. When I look at the task Manager, it is still r...

Outlook and IMAP accounts
I just started using Outlook (currently using OE) and I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer: * For an IMAP account, how can you specify the root folder. In OE, you can go to Tools -> Accounts -> Mail Tab -> (pick account) -> Properties -> IMAP tab -> Root Folder Path And set that value so that your folders are shown properly in the tree. Can you set a similar value in Outlook? * How can I change the name of the account that appears in the "Mail" pane under "All Mail Folders". In OE, you could do this by going to the properties of t...

System Attendant not starting-Exchange 2003
Just build a new Exchange 2003 SP1/Windows 2003 SP1 server and getting a 5719 (no logon servers)..and this is resulting in a 2104 (inetinfo.exe-DSAccess). I can start the SA/MTA/Info. Stores manually (netlogon service does start), but not sure why this is happening on a freshly loaded server. Any ideas as I think it may be the 3com Gigabit card or something else. Thanks for any information! :) It's having trouble contacting a domain controller, it appears. That could be due to something as simple as a misconfigured NIC or incorrectly configured DNS client settings, or just about a...

Exchange Server 5.5 SMTP Issue
Hi, For those interested, you may want to read the White Paper we recently released about the Microsoft Exchange Server SMTP problem: http://www.thinkcomputer.com/corporate/news/spamserver.pdf Thanks to Michael Barta at Microsoft for his help. If you think there's anything in the paper that could be improved or made clearer, please feel free to let us know. I'm interested to know how many people this problem is affecting... There seem to be a ton of threads on this newsgroup about it. Aaron Aaron Greenspan President & CEO Think Computer Corporation http://www.thinkcomputer....

Changing MSN Bill Pay Account
I have Microsoft Bill Pay with Money. However I have several checking accounts. I want to change the bill pay from one account to a different one. Ideally I would like to pay out of what ever account I wish but I cannot find out how to either make the change or activate more than one account. Everytime I go through online services it just lists the one active bill pay account I wish to change. Thanks for the help. JLD ...

Account Address on Case Record
Hello All, We are currently working with Cases and want to have the ability to pull address information from the account/contact record directly onto the case. Has anyone done this before or have any suggestions for achieving this functionality. Ideally, we would have the Lookup Address similiar to the Quote and Order. Thanks for the help! ...

Exchange 2003 on a DC?
Whats the best practice for this in a small (4 servers) network? Best practice is always to install Exchange on a member server. I recognize that this is not always possible. Keep in mind that if you install Exchange 2003 on a domain controller, you can't run dcpromo on it afterward and make it a member server; it'll always have to be a domain controller. At least until there's a design change to the product. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Zart the Artist" <ZarttheArtist@discussions.microsoft.com>...

[2003] stops before data section in smtp conversation
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 server with ISA 2004 and the server doesn't send email correct to a remote smtp server. After the helo,mail from, rcpt to section he doesn't send the data section. The server is able to receive email. Does somebody have any clue why I'm unable to send? Thanks in advance Maurice Lucas This link maybe can help you http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/clustering/default.mspx "M.S. Lucas" <MSLucas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40C7EB2B-DDF9-4E60-8F69-8AB82C298874@microsoft.com... > Hello, >...

Exchange 5.5 'stuck' in Recovery Mode
We've recently had major issues with our Exchange server (5.5 running on NT4) at work in the past week or so. This required that the database be 'recovered' using eseutil. However, despite many reboots and service start/stops, everytime an Outlook client connects to the server, it reports that the server is in Recovery Mode. I was under the belief that recovery mode ran once and that was it (although it wasn't me who worked on the Exchange server so I'm not sure exactly what steps were taken). There is nothing in the event logs of the Exchange server regarding recov...

SMTP account SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC.......
Inside the mailboxes folder of Exchange server, there is user called: SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC-5DD3568592C0}) I dont know what this is? Is this a system mailbox? If not, how did it get there and how can I get rid of it? The reason I ask is that , every few minutes, there is virus being sent to this mailbox, apparently from the "administrator". Very strange. any help will be appreciated. thanks, john I found the answer here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252341 "john Smith" <smith@fakedomain.com> wrote in message new...

Exchange 2003 SMTP lockdown #2
How do I secure smtp to only let authenticated users send e-mails for internal users and users that connect using pop3. Thanks Amador I am also having this problem. I must have not configured something somewhere. But to explain further....... If i use my home pc to connect to our mail server and send a mail from say fred@company.com to Paul@company.com it will get sent. This means that if someone gets hold of a few of our company addresses, they can send mails to them. Our server needs auth if you are sending from fred@company.com to paul@hotmail.com so thats ok. Any help please Paul &...

Exchange Backup Server..Help!!!
Hi All My Exchange Server Setup is as follows I Have my Exchange 2003 server installed in Windows 2003 Domain Controller Both The Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 Domain Controller are in the same machine Now I need a Backup system when this machine fails Can Anyone tell me a solution apart from clustring Can I install a secondary domain controller for the primary and then install Exchange Server on the secondary domain controller Will I be able to sycronise my Primary Mail Storage group to the new created exchange server and kept it offline and make it online when the primary is dow...

SMTP Queue Growth
hi i am facing problem that my SMTP gateway.on SMTP gateway queue size is increasing.i expalin the infrastructure.i have exchane server 2000 which is hosting my public domain and another pc with windows 2000 working as SMTP gateway.i am using smtp connector b/w the gateway and exchange .to get the mail from ISP i am using GFI pop2Exchange which is installed on SMTP gateway.now the problem is my smtp queue growth is increasing.there r 480 mails at the moment in the queue.but its not delevering the both inbond and outbond mails.all other settings are ok. bhatti Assuming you meant queue...

Need Clarity Regarding Win 2008 DC and Exchange 03 SP2
Hi All, I was hoping someone could provide some clarity regarding installing a Win 2008 DC into an existing 2003 sp2 native mode domain that contains Exchange 2003 sp2. I have looked at the compatibility matrix as well as some other posts here and wanted to confirm the following: A Win 2008 DC is supported and Exchange 2003 SP2 will work fine as long as there are still other 2003 DC's around and the domain functional level remains at 2003? Does this holds true for NT machines as well? Is it OK for the 2008 DC to hold all the FSMO roles and everything still work n...

IIS SMTP or Exchange SMTP?
I have a situation where I need to insert a smarhost into outbound mailflow in one city. I am looking into linux boxen as well as windows flavors. The one thing this smarthost must do besides receive internal mail and route it out, is stamp a disclaimer on it. I see from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317680 that this can be done with VBScript, but the question is, will it work with IIS SMTP alone, or does it require Exchange SMTP to work? Thanks, This will work fine with a stand alone IIS installation. ...

Exchange 5Yrs Backup [WP]
Users are gone we still hold onto their mailboxes. We want to hold onto those mailboxes for 5 years atleast. i want to back them and remove them completly from my exchange servers. What is the best way to this? Can v restore it on the tapes ans save the tapes for 5 years, or I restore the Store on a different exhange box and save the HD????? elplz From outlook, export the mailbox to a pst file, then remove the mailbox from the exchange server. You can then put the pst file on cd or tape or whatever. If you need to look at the contents, open it up in Outlook again. "WILDPAC...

SMTP connector #13
I have exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5 in the domain, running in mixed mode. I have installed SMTP connector in exch 2003 server. Can I remove Internet mail service in exch 5.5 safely. I am concerned because we still have clients connecting to POP3 in exch 5.5 server. they shouldnt be disturbed in sending/receiving mails. Also, SMTP connector is seen in exchange 5.5 server. Please advise. Thanks You can remove the IMS and SMTP email will go out through the SMTP Connector. And you should update the POP3 profiles to point to the correct SMTP server. If your POP3 Clients are point...

EXMAP.EXE for Mapping Exchange
I can not get this program to work on Visio 2002 SR1. I get and error of: "Failed to Load 'SSTab' from Tabctl32.ocx. Your Version of Tabctl32.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application." This is a new install of Visio on this desktop. Does anyone know the Answer? Regards, Markus ...

Outlook exchange
I saw a post below and have the exact same problem. There is a registry entry that must be added. I had it but lost it. It is driving me and my users nuts having to fill in username, password and domain every time we start outlook. bh wrote: > I saw a post below and have the exact same problem. There is a > registry entry that must be added. I had it but lost it. It is > driving me and my users nuts having to fill in username, password and > domain every time we start outlook. Sorry, there's no "post below" that everyone will see in the same way. For exa...

CRM 3.0 bug sending to SMTP?
When I send email from the outlook client, there are absolutely no problems. However, when I send an email from the web interface, I get an error stating "Invalid Association" and "The request association is not valid." whenever the contents of the email contain a carriage return or formatted text (such as coloring). I have read the knowledge base article that associates this error with SMTP settings and authentication, however the same mail message will be processed if I remove the carriage return. Has anyone else encountered this problem? -Mike -- Micheal LoPatr...

pop and smtp errors unique to machine
I'm using windows xp home and i'm running into pop and smtp errors using outlook. i've verified on another machine that the account works and the settings i'm using are correct. when i try "test account settings" for the account using outlook the "log on to pop" fails and the "send test e-mail" fails. i've also tried using outlook express and i get the following pop error: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.cogeco.ca', Server: 'pop.cogeco.ca', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, ...

Replication of Exchange Server
Hi we have Exchange Server hosted at our Head office to which we are connected with a 512 Kbps Point to Point Leased Line. I need to replicate the exchange server at my office so that i have some control over it. can any one guide me. Thanks in advance Are you talking about Public Folders? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/273479/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842273/en-us Nue "Roshan Dias" <william_r_dias@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:CE0B1CFA-12B2-4A52-8892-1973FF9703E2@microsoft.com... > Hi we have Exchange Server hosted at our Head office to which we a...