SMTP 550 error

I can't send or recieve email to a university mail
account. This is the error message I recieved when I tried
to send to the university account from our sbs 2003 mail
server. Any ideas on how to fix this?

TIA

There was a SMTP communication problem with the
recipient's email server.  Please contact your system
administrator.
            <xxx.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Cannot verify any
sender address in headers.>
0
Diana (52)

Try from telnet and see if it does the same thing.

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"Diana" <Diana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't send or recieve email to a university mail
> account. This is the error message I recieved when I tried
> to send to the university account from our sbs 2003 mail
> server. Any ideas on how to fix this?
>
> TIA
>
> There was a SMTP communication problem with the
> recipient's email server.  Please contact your system
> administrator.
>             <xxx.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Cannot verify any
> sender address in headers.>

0
dtown (976)

CRM 3.0 bug sending to SMTP?
When I send email from the outlook client, there are absolutely no problems. However, when I send an email from the web interface, I get an error stating "Invalid Association" and "The request association is not valid." whenever the contents of the email contain a carriage return or formatted text (such as coloring). I have read the knowledge base article that associates this error with SMTP settings and authentication, however the same mail message will be processed if I remove the carriage return. Has anyone else encountered this problem? -Mike -- Micheal LoPatr...

error: PROP RES Dll not loaded
What to do? Thanx Supply some information to work with? Sounds like a faulty add-in to me though. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/88 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "krisa" <krisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3071370-C032-49F1-94A0-1F72A973BFFC@microsoft.com... > What to do? Thanx krisa wrote: > What to do? Thanx...

Error: "Search key was not found in any record"
Dear all, Recently, my Access 2000 is upgraded to XP version. After convert all 2000 mdb file to 2002, I've got a big trouble. 1.Path of all link tables cannot be changed. 2.Saving a new form dialog box repeat and repeat again when save a new form. 3.New saved form cannot be open. 4.Form cannot be deleted. A same error message is found in above case: "Search key was not found in any record" Could any one help me? Thank you very much! Billy "Billy" <billysoo@hotmail.com> wrote: >Recently, my Access 2000 is upgraded to XP version. >After convert all 20...

frustrating ID 2033 error. The system cannot find the file specifi
This has happened a lot of times, that i finally got sick and decided to re-backup my 5TB file server. During the initial recovery point creation, it failed. and asked me to do consistency check. so i did. the process was running fine for 5 days, and last night it stopped. giving me this kind of error: DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for E:\Physical Processing\Scanning\01_HarvardHistoricTextbooks\checked\HTB-910-G989g (Guyot's Grammar School Geography)\910-G989g-044.tif (ID 2033 Details: The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002)) I&...

ODBC LINK giving error with filter
Hope someone can help. I’m not to sure where to post this. Forms, linking , ODBC I have a main form with subform. Main form has: Combo box [cboJobid]which is filled with a query. Combo is Numeric. Text field [Jobid_txt]looks at combo and takes in the number as Text. [Subform1] is ODBC link driven by query. The child is [JobNumber] which is text The Master is [Jobid_txt] When I do the child / master I get an ambiguous message: “Microsoft office Access has encountered a problem and needs to close… “ When I erase the filter of Child /Master I do not get the error but I do get all the record...

Navigation pane
Whenever I try to click on Item, to see items list from Navigation Pane, it gives me an error of saying " MS SQL Server cannot insert the value NULL into column ' BASEUOFM', table 'tempdb.dbo.##XXXXXXX; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails I wonder why it does Please help Take a look at your IV10401, IV30701 and IV40201. Each of those tables contain the BASEUOFM column. Look and see if any record has a blank in that column. "viol-8-r" wrote: > Whenever I try to click on Item, to see items list from Navigation Pane, it > gives...

Outlook errors #3
I have Outlook 2003. When I open up the application I get a pop-up that says "Unable to start processing services." Any ideas as to what that means? Can't find anything in the Help files. Thanx! ...

Problem with smtp and exchange 2003 sp2
We have 1 SBS 2003 standard edition and an exchange 2003 server with default policies with smtp email adresses @abc.com (default) and @123.com. Before we upgraded to exchange sp2 users could recieve mail on the two adresses. Since we have upgraded the exchange server to sp2 we only receive mail on the @abc.com mailboxes. All mail that should be directed to the @123.com are not delivered to the mailboxes. Can anybody help us to solve this issue? Many thanks -- Nicolas Oggier Do the mailboxes have @123 addresses? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick ...

Event ID Error: 9785
We have used the database portability to transfer a database to another server and then moved the -configurationonly for those mailboxes to the new server. All user mailboxes are working fine but this error is coming up about every 2 minutes. We are using Exchange 2K7 SP2. MS knowledge base doesn't have any info on this error. What are the possible causes/fixes for this? Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: Event History Event ID: 9785 Date: 12/9/2009 Time: 10:35:44 AM User: N/A Computer: EXCH2007B Description: An attempt to ...

Error when hyperlinking to PDF
Hi, I receive this: "No program is registered to oen this file." I have checked the PDF's permissions, paths, etc and all that side is fine. The PDF's open FINE when going to the directory. Only errors when linking from Excel (2003). I have gone through this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298019 To no avail, please help :( Just to update: I sorted this, instead of running '/unregserver' on Excel.exe I ran it on the Adobe EXE. Removed Adobe, reinstalled it and now it works fine. Just thought I'd update incase anyone has a similiar problem. :) Thanks f...

SQL server error
Hi, I get the following error when the diagnostic wizard is run: "The Microsoft CRM Database Is Not Accessable Cause The Microsoft CRM Database has been taken off-line" However, the SQL server is connected to the domain and it is accessable as well. So, I am not sure why this is being shown. There are other errors related to SQL server that are shown in the diagnostic wizard which are given below: Detected Custom Attributes with Unsupported Characters In The Logical Name Cause Microsoft CRM 3.0 does not support special or extended characters in the logical names of custom att...

error #2
When I open up my excel application (office XP or office 2007) I get this error- You receive a "Compile error in hidden module" DistMon. What is that? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307410 pdfmaker.xla in a start up directory? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <ranjan.khan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1175254067.349029.298750@l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > When I open up my excel application (office XP or office 2007) I get > this error- > > You receive a "Compile error in hidden module" DistMon. > > What...

when I am offline my outgoing email errors and does not que for later delivery.
I just got a new xp computer with outlook 2002 sp2. I moved outlook files from my win 98 outlook 2000. When I am online, I receive and send emails fine, but if I try to send email when I am offline, outlook 2002 sp2 does not realize that I am not connected like outlook 2000 used to. My mail stays at outbox for a brief time then I get an email from a so called 'system Administrator' as listed below, and a copy of my email gets coppied to my sent folder. What do I do so auto send fails as it used to but my mail stays at outbox until I get online. Thanks -----Original Message-...

Default SMTP Virtual server ?
I have a single Exchange 2003 server for 30 users. I have no less than 350 domain names under my queues folder in System manager. I have been getting complaints that some emails are not getting delivered, and I find their messages at times under one of these domains and in a constant retrying status. What are these domain name listings ? How do I get rid of them ? I'm in a simple environment and not relaying (whatever exactly that means). Just looking for basic mail flow. On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 04:33:01 -0800, "Jeffatsc" <Jeffatsc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Help! Error message
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'New e-mail / address information', Account: 'GMAIL', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B Try port 465 instead of 587 as per: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13287 "Red Stripe" <RedStripe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7741A6B9-50AA-4043-840B-549FEBCD7C8C@microsoft.com... > > > An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'New e-mail / address information', > Account: 'GMAIL&...

ClipArt error messages
Am running a lab of 10 iBooks with Mac OS 10.2, Office for Mac X. Server is Mac OS 10.1. Office is loaded on individual iBooks; students store data in accounts on the server. When the year begins, ClipArt works fine. But as time goes on, when they try to insert ClipArt, the students begin to get messages that certain databases cannot open. If they click the okay button, eventually the error messsages disappear/finish and ClipArt is usable. But it has gotten up to 30 individual error messages! I am not sure that these items are even databases; some of the names look suspiciously like non-cl...

Compile Error: Type Mismatch
I am trying to use data entered on a form to create an SQL string that will be passed to a query. Every time I compile the VBA I get the "Compile Error: Type Mismatch" on the set qdf = query name line. I have checked my reference library and my DAO 3.6 is the highest priority. Below is my code. Any idea what the issue might be? Private Sub Command172_Click() Dim db As DAO.Database Dim qdf As DAO.QueryDef Set db = CurrentDb() Set qdf = "qry short list status report" qdf = "SELECT ... ...

CPropertySheet::OnInitDialog()
I have a problem with function CPropertySheet::OnInitDialog() after migration from VC6 to Visual Studio 2005. This is an error message: "program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down". This runtime error occurs only on Windows 98 SE while CPropertySheet::OnInitDialog() is executing. my code: BOOL CUstawieniaSzablonowSheet::OnInitDialog() { if (m_rodzaj_wywolania =3D=3D 3) { m_psh.dwFlags |=3D PSH_NOAPPLYNOW; m_psh.dwFlags &=3D ~PSH_HASHELP; m_dialog_czynnosci.m_psp.dwFlags &=3D ~PSP_HASHELP; GetDlgItem(IDCANCEL)->SetWindowText("&Anul...

Excel Save Error
Could someone explain the following error, why it appeared, and how I can prevent this from happening again? "Excel could not save all the data and formatting you recently added to 'filename'.xls" This article discusses the issue: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;215783 I guess the 'workaround' is not to apply conditional formatting to more than 2050 rows. -- Jim "crazy22" <crazy22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE4DB259-DC83-44CC-8D3A-3EB26C6CBEEB@microsoft.com... > Could someone explain the follow...

Error 0x800CCC0D #2
I have MS Office XP installed on my Windows XP Home computer. I am the admin and have no problems with Outlook under my own account. However, my girlfriend, who has a user acct on the PC, suddenly cannot connect to the e-mail server to send or receive e-mail, even though she uses the same server that I do and her acct is configured properly. I am connected to the internet via cable modem through a Linksys BEFW11S4 router and am using Norton anti-virus 2004. I cannot find a working solution anywhere in the knowledge base. I ha a similar problem and solved it by changing the MTU size o...

CRM 4.0, VISTASP1, 'Master Database' Error on Configuration
Hi guys, CRM works fine for a couple of the computers i have installed. There is one specific account which generates a 'Master Database' error. The exact error is Action.Microsoft.Crm.Config.Common.Install Database action failed Create Database Permission Denied in 'database master'. Perhaps an error with SQL or some permission? The user is an administrator on the network. ...

Update for Error Code 1100009?
I have been having all kinds of problems opening publisher files with Pubisher 2007 SP2. I have been searching forums for ways to solve the problem, but have come up empty handed. Someone from the Microsoft Publisher Team posting under the username LL3 promised there would be an update today, June 30th, to solve this problem. Is anyone aware of a planned download or been able to download this supposed update? fran315 wrote: > I have been having all kinds of problems opening publisher files with > Pubisher 2007 SP2. I have been searching forums for ways to solve the > proble...

Hello, I got this error when I load a new report to my test enviornment. I'm using visual studio 2008 and everything works perfectly in CRM development. But when I tried to load the report into test and production I keep getting this error. I remembered that my data source properties needs to change so I changed them and checked and double checked that they are correct for each enviornment, but I do not know what it could be at this point. I'm truly stumped. Could it be visual basic 2008, it shouldn't, I know it's highly probable that it's my data source but I ...

Visual Basic Error #2
Hi, When I try to copy and paste some data from one worksheet into a ne worksheet I get a couple errors. In the first one the title bar say "Microsoft Visual Basic" and the error is "File not found". If I clic ok, I get another error: "Microsoft Excel cannot paste the data". Th information pastes alright though. This is in Excel 97 running on Windows XP. I've tried reinstallin office to no avail. The same info can be copied and pasted on anothe machine just fine -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This is a guess. It sounds like there&#...

Run-time error '380'
Back in 2003 I created a macro for a form that was working fine. I haven't used it since but now that I need it, I get all these strange errors that I am sure where not there back in 2003 (e.g. I had to in include VBA in the following line: txtBirth.Value = VBA.Format(spnBirth.Value, "d-mmm-yyyy") Now my problem is with the code: spnDOE.Value = Date when I get a run-time error 380 that it could not set the value property. Invalid property value. Any ideas? ...