smtp 500 5.3.3

Hello!

Has Anyone seen this error message before, I get thit when I try to email
to certain domains, to some it?s working but not to all:

A critical function required for the transfer or delivery of the message
was not supported by the originator of the report
<x.domain.se #5.3.3 smtp;500 5.3.3 Unrecognized command>
0
forum4481 (3)

5.3.3's typically indicate that the receiving mail server is having disk
space issues....

"johan almqvist via WinServerKB.com" <forum@nospam.WinServerKB.com> wrote in
message news:a608dbfd763343ad95fac61ea29584a7@WinServerKB.com...
> Hello!
>
> Has Anyone seen this error message before, I get thit when I try to email
> to certain domains, to some it?s working but not to all:
>
> A critical function required for the transfer or delivery of the message
> was not supported by the originator of the report
> <x.domain.se #5.3.3 smtp;500 5.3.3 Unrecognized command>

0
tfelts1 (344)

SMTP restrictions #2
A few questions: If I configure the "Limit Message Size(KB)" does this pertain to the attachments as well? Also, does it affect both inbound and outbound? If the "Limit Message Size" is exceeded by the attachment does the attachment get stripped and the message (body) go through? If nothing goes through, does the sender recieve an error? Sorry so many questions. Thanks! Message size is the sum of the headers, body and the attachment. There is no setting specifically for the attachment size. When there is a violation, the entire message is bounced back to the send...

Bug in CRM 3.0?
We have a client who adjusted the Max Length for the Description field in the Appointment record. He changed it from the default of 2,000 to 5,000. When he uses the web client he is able to Save appointments that have 5,000 characters. However, when he goes offline and then tries the same thing he can enter 5,000 characters and hit save. The Appointment form closes but there is a hidden error message behind it stating "The length exceeds the max length of it will be truncated". When you open the record back up instead of having 5,000 chars, you only have 2,000. The only t...

follow up #3
"outlook" (not express) shows not hits ...

Exchange Server 5.5 SMTP Issue
Hi, For those interested, you may want to read the White Paper we recently released about the Microsoft Exchange Server SMTP problem: http://www.thinkcomputer.com/corporate/news/spamserver.pdf Thanks to Michael Barta at Microsoft for his help. If you think there's anything in the paper that could be improved or made clearer, please feel free to let us know. I'm interested to know how many people this problem is affecting... There seem to be a ton of threads on this newsgroup about it. Aaron Aaron Greenspan President & CEO Think Computer Corporation http://www.thinkcomputer....

[2003] stops before data section in smtp conversation
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 server with ISA 2004 and the server doesn't send email correct to a remote smtp server. After the helo,mail from, rcpt to section he doesn't send the data section. The server is able to receive email. Does somebody have any clue why I'm unable to send? Thanks in advance Maurice Lucas This link maybe can help you http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/clustering/default.mspx "M.S. Lucas" <MSLucas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40C7EB2B-DDF9-4E60-8F69-8AB82C298874@microsoft.com... > Hello, >...

Ex 5.5 question
I currently have an Ex5.5 SP4 server running on a Domain Controller that is part of ForestA/DomainA. I need to demote the domain controller (dcpromo) and then promote it again into it's OWN forest and domain as a standalone DC. The question is what will this do to Exchange 5.5 on the server? (when I re-promote the DC I plan to give it the same computer/domain name). Thanks. Exchange 5.5 is a self contained directory so the act of demotion should have no impact. What ADCs? Do you have any? How are you managing users? You also need to make sure any name resolution for your Exch...

Exchange 5.5 'stuck' in Recovery Mode
We've recently had major issues with our Exchange server (5.5 running on NT4) at work in the past week or so. This required that the database be 'recovered' using eseutil. However, despite many reboots and service start/stops, everytime an Outlook client connects to the server, it reports that the server is in Recovery Mode. I was under the belief that recovery mode ran once and that was it (although it wasn't me who worked on the Exchange server so I'm not sure exactly what steps were taken). There is nothing in the event logs of the Exchange server regarding recov...

SMTP account SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC.......
Inside the mailboxes folder of Exchange server, there is user called: SMTP (EXCHANGE-{0A2AF96F-ADE3-4348-98AC-5DD3568592C0}) I dont know what this is? Is this a system mailbox? If not, how did it get there and how can I get rid of it? The reason I ask is that , every few minutes, there is virus being sent to this mailbox, apparently from the "administrator". Very strange. any help will be appreciated. thanks, john I found the answer here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252341 "john Smith" <smith@fakedomain.com> wrote in message new...

AfxBeginThread failure
In an MFC pgm under VS2005sp1, I am creating a worker thread using AfxBeginThread. Under certain circumstances which I can't quite pin down, AfxBeginThread returns NULL, indicating it has failed. Is there any way I can find out the cause of the failure, such as an error code? I have tried tracing through the code with the debugger, but what is apparently detecting the error condition is in MS code for which I don't have the source. My specific code is CWinThread* pThread=AfxBeginThread(MyControlFunction,&ti,0/*priority*/, 230000000/*stack size*/); and a test for pThread==NULL im...

Selecting rows from various sheets #3
That's pretty much what I want, but I want the function to select al the relevant columns and not just 1 column. Shan -- sha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1198 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26665 Hi then just add some more VLOOKUPs. One for each column of your source sheet -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "shav" <shav.1dodta@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:shav.1dodta@excelforum-...

Installing MS Office XP Service Pack 3
Office XP Service Pack 3 downloads but doesn't install. In the course of the installation process I am asked to insert a CD which would go back to my purchase of the computer (a Dell Inspiron 500m), if I ever did have it. (The computer came with the operating system and MS Office already on it.) This is obnoxious - there is no reason an "automatic" security update years after purchase of the computer & operating system & MS Office should require finding old CDs that may (or may not) have come with my computer when I purchased it. The actual message I get is: "T...

Exporting Smartlist to Excel with 5 decimal position
Whenever I export a smartlist with 5 decimal position to Excel, it always default to 2 decimal, then I have to manually change the column format to 5 decimal. Is there a way to set this up to automatically have the 5 decimal whenever I export to Excel from Smartlist? regards, If you had specific SmartList options in mind, then you could set up a SmartList Export Solution (Open SmartList, then go to Extras > SmartList > Export Solutions). Before opening this, you could create an Excel spreadsheet and format the currency columns to 5 dps OR set up a 'Completion Macro' t...

Exchange 2003 SMTP lockdown #2
How do I secure smtp to only let authenticated users send e-mails for internal users and users that connect using pop3. Thanks Amador I am also having this problem. I must have not configured something somewhere. But to explain further....... If i use my home pc to connect to our mail server and send a mail from say fred@company.com to Paul@company.com it will get sent. This means that if someone gets hold of a few of our company addresses, they can send mails to them. Our server needs auth if you are sending from fred@company.com to paul@hotmail.com so thats ok. Any help please Paul &...

SMTP Queue Growth
hi i am facing problem that my SMTP gateway.on SMTP gateway queue size is increasing.i expalin the infrastructure.i have exchane server 2000 which is hosting my public domain and another pc with windows 2000 working as SMTP gateway.i am using smtp connector b/w the gateway and exchange .to get the mail from ISP i am using GFI pop2Exchange which is installed on SMTP gateway.now the problem is my smtp queue growth is increasing.there r 480 mails at the moment in the queue.but its not delevering the both inbond and outbond mails.all other settings are ok. bhatti Assuming you meant queue...

IIS SMTP or Exchange SMTP?
I have a situation where I need to insert a smarhost into outbound mailflow in one city. I am looking into linux boxen as well as windows flavors. The one thing this smarthost must do besides receive internal mail and route it out, is stamp a disclaimer on it. I see from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317680 that this can be done with VBScript, but the question is, will it work with IIS SMTP alone, or does it require Exchange SMTP to work? Thanks, This will work fine with a stand alone IIS installation. ...

CRM 3.0 bug sending to SMTP?
When I send email from the outlook client, there are absolutely no problems. However, when I send an email from the web interface, I get an error stating "Invalid Association" and "The request association is not valid." whenever the contents of the email contain a carriage return or formatted text (such as coloring). I have read the knowledge base article that associates this error with SMTP settings and authentication, however the same mail message will be processed if I remove the carriage return. Has anyone else encountered this problem? -Mike -- Micheal LoPatr...

Upgrading to 5.5 Enterprise Edition
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I hit the limit on my exchange 5.5 priv.edb. I was wondering if there is anything that I need to do to upgrade to Enterprise Edition or if it is just a simply install. Thank you. Kevin As always, backup before doing anything. Then run the enterprise install right over the top of your existing install, being sure to also manually select any optional components, such as OWA, that are already installed (Unchecking uninstalls those components) Be sure to re-apply SP4 and all Exchange patches (listed in c:\exchsrvr directory if yo...

pop and smtp errors unique to machine
I'm using windows xp home and i'm running into pop and smtp errors using outlook. i've verified on another machine that the account works and the settings i'm using are correct. when i try "test account settings" for the account using outlook the "log on to pop" fails and the "send test e-mail" fails. i've also tried using outlook express and i get the following pop error: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.cogeco.ca', Server: 'pop.cogeco.ca', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, ...

Ex5.5 to E2003 intra org migration ...help
Hi.. Berfore I get to issue I would first like to begin by asking the following question..>> There seems to be some difference between Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5 and how permissions are applied to public folders. Exchange 2003 uses Active Directory objects, such as users and security groups; and Exchange 5.5 uses Exchange objects, such as mailboxes and distribution lists. This means to apply permissions to public folders, Active Directory must have the equivalent to an Exchange distribution list which is Universal security groups ..As a result to keep the permmisions on Exchan...

SMTP connector #13
I have exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5 in the domain, running in mixed mode. I have installed SMTP connector in exch 2003 server. Can I remove Internet mail service in exch 5.5 safely. I am concerned because we still have clients connecting to POP3 in exch 5.5 server. they shouldnt be disturbed in sending/receiving mails. Also, SMTP connector is seen in exchange 5.5 server. Please advise. Thanks You can remove the IMS and SMTP email will go out through the SMTP Connector. And you should update the POP3 profiles to point to the correct SMTP server. If your POP3 Clients are point...

Why might some 'times' be sub-type 5 and some be sub-type 8?
Anyone have a possible explaination as to why I seem to be getting an inconsistent format on a column of times. I am downloading data from a active server web page that gives me data in excel format. The data I get is various columns of numbers , text and what looks like some times. The problem is that in my time column some of the rows are variable sub-type 5 (vbDouble) and some are variable sub-type 8 (vbString). This is producing problems for my code which is expecting all vbString type data. In general might someone think of a reason why some times come out type 5 and some ty...

Remove SMTP addresses from users
I created a policy to set up SMTP addresses, and it was applied to the wrong set of users. Now I want to remove that address from thosee users. I already created the correct policies, and applied it to the correct users. Now I want to clean up the SMTP addresses of the other accounts. How can I automatically remove those SMTP addresses? -- --- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego It is not straightforward but read this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318...

Exchange database #5
Hi, Is it possible to open/access Exchange EDB and STM files directly? If yes, can someone suggest tools I can use to do so. Thanks. regards On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 02:20:00 -0700, Alice <Alice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >Is it possible to open/access Exchange EDB and STM files directly? If yes, >can someone suggest tools I can use to do so. Thanks. > >regards Not normally and there shouldn't be any real reason for you to do this. Products such as Quest Recovery Manager will open flat edb/stm files to do all the recovery things you need to do but that'...

SMTP
Outbound works fine, inbound seems to work okay (Firewall allowing port 25 traffic), but no one can get their mail ... e.g. Start|Programs|Miscrosoft Exchange|System Manager|Servers|ServerName|First Storage Group|Mailbox Store (Name)|Mailboxes - their are all our mail boxes with mail in them, but NO ONE can get to them from Outlook 2003! What's up??? Can you see mailbox contents? Can you send message to other mailboxes on the server? Do you see those messages? Do you get any error messages? Mark White wrote: > Outbound works fine, inbound seems to work okay (Firewall > a...

Excel error #3
When I double click on an excel file I get the message that it cannot find the file to make sure the path is correct. If I open Excel then go to File/Open and choose the same file it opens fine. Does anyone know why this is? Thanks, - Sean - Try this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. (unregserver is not always needed) 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regser...