Slow server

I have two questions.  Our email server is running win2k
and exchange 2k3.  We have a dual processor P3 650mhz
with 1gb ram 210gb raid data drive.  This is all for 100
users.  Our email is taking up to 1 hour to send or
recieve.  Is our server underpowered?  Also I am getting
alot of application log errors saying a non-delivery
report with status code of 4.0.0 (or sometimes 5.0.0 or
5.4.0) has been gererated.  What does this mean and how
do I fix it.  I have the mircosoft press exchange server
books and I can't seem to get this taken care of.  Any
help would be great.

Thanks,
Dave
0
dmaffet (1)

Check your antivirus software. Use the exchange 2000
quick tuning guide to watch things like pre-information
store processes (cant remember th exact name, something
about RPC) it tends to point to AV or routing problems.

Make sure your AV software isnt scanning your DB or log
directories as well.

Good Luck
GK

0
anonymous (74718)

Exchange 2003 as a secondary (fall back server) server
Hi all, I have exchange 2000 on domain-1. Exchange 2003 on domain-2. If domain-1 is not available I would like domain-2 to queue up domain-1's e-mails. Then send when it's available. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? I can't find any documentation on how to do this. I have already set up another mx record with a higher priority that points the domain-1 domain to domain-2's exchange 2003 server. Thanks in advance, -Roy On 13 Jul 2005 05:33:35 -0700, luniz_c@hotmail.com wrote: >Hi all, > >I have exchange 2000 on domain-1. Exchange 2003 on domain-2....

Incoming Outlook Rules with Exchange Server
Hi, Please could some one help me out with this. I have exchange server hosting multiple SMTP domains. Eg each user will have: bob@domain1.com bob@domain2.com bob@domain3.com All I am trying to accoplish is an incoming mail rule that moves all mail from domain1.com to folderA, domain2.com to folderB. But because exchange doesn't show outlook the SMTP Address the mail was received on the Rules cant work. Something that is so easily configured with a POP account is a real pain on exchange. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You Have you tried modifying to rule to work off th...

Build is slow.
Hello. The environment is 6.0 vc++. When one DLL has 1700 source codes. Build is slow. debug start takes time. Please teach a good solution. Thanks, Buy a faster computer. ;) AliR. "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23DF80A8-723F-43A3-A5D9-7722EEA97578@microsoft.com... > Hello. > > The environment is 6.0 vc++. > When one DLL has 1700 source codes. > > Build is slow. > debug start takes time. > Please teach a good solution. > > Thanks, > "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Slow Navigating Folders for attachments!!
Using Outlook-2002. Recently, since about a month ago, when I try to save attachments or attach files to messages and attempt to navigate to the folder of interest (after I click on the attach button), navigation is VERY slow - like if I click on a sub-folder, it may take over a minute for that sub-folder to open. It doesn't matter if other apps are running, or if I'm just changing to a different drive, or to the root directory. Everything takes minutes! It renders it useless :-( Any ideas? ...

Word 2003
It takes sometimes 10 seconds when I press crtl+c (copy) or crtl+x (cut) in a text inside Word 2003. Even if it is only one word it takes a lot of time just to copy or cut or paste it. That does not happen in Excel or Power Point only in Word. Please can anybody help me to solve this very annoying issue? Thank you very much indeed, Anderson From reading other postings on this forum, it seems that poor AddIns can cause this latency. I have also found that doing a clean up of the temp files seems to help as well. Hope this helps DeanH "Anderson" wrote: ...

move OWA to a different server
Is it possible to move Exch 2003 OWA to a different server than the mailbox server? On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 07:16:08 -0800, "TLMPLHou66" <tmarshall@placorp.com> wrote: >Is it possible to move Exch 2003 OWA to a different server than the mailbox >server? Its "built-in" on every Exch Server. You could however, create a Front-End OWA server. It depends on what you mean by moving OWA. With Exchange 200x, OWA is integrated into Exchange and cannot be removed. You can, however, set up a Front-end server that will proxy OWA requests, similar to how Exchange 5....

Slow Slow Slow
When I click between different emails in my inbox, it takes ages for it to appear on the display. My internet connection is super fast. I have recently had to reinstall Office XP and I think a setting has been changed somewhere. I have an anti-virus but it never slowed it down like this before. To put in perspective, I've had 120 spams today and its took 37 minutes to delete them because of this problem. I have ran a virus check and its fine. Any thoughts on a registry tweak?? Cheers Carl Carl Sheldon <ccshell@courtlands5.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > When I click between differe...

slow loading, slow updating
I am using MS Money in a non-standard application. I am maintaining ledgersin checkbook fashion for 100 accounts, each set up as a separate checking account. Each of those has 3 transactions set up as automatic bill pays. Other than that, there are very few entries, averaging 6 per year at most. The program takes about 5 minutes to load. Corrections, such as posting bill payments, takes approx 10 seconds to cycle through: Open, edit, enter, wait........ Open, edit, enter, wait.....etc. I am not doing any online updating or anything like that. Is there anything I can do to speed this ...

Moving servers
Recently, we moved our Microsoft CRM Server (single box deployment) from one location to another and now none of the users are able to log in. We've determined that it's because the server used to be part of a trust relationship with the network it used to be a part of, so the user's accounts in AD reference a domain that no longer exist (in the new location). Is the right thing to do to create a new user account under the new domain? Wont all the users' old information (accounts, activities, contacts..) no longer be visible to them? I guess we could reassign every...

Slow Viewing e-mails
Suddenly it's very slow to view e-mails in Outlook 2002. Any kind of e-mail, with or without attachments. It worked fine until a few days ago. Anyone have any ideas? Found an answer to the problem in another post. Simply turning of the Messenger Integration fixed everything. /Johan >-----Original Message----- >Suddenly it's very slow to view e-mails in Outlook 2002. >Any kind of e-mail, with or without attachments. It >worked fine until a few days ago. Anyone have any ideas? >. > On 25 nov 2003 Johan wrote: > Found an answer to the problem in another pos...

only copy emails from Exchange server remotely
Hi i am connected with a VPN to our server and am collecting my emails remotely when I am online. Unfortunately i am eliminating the copies from the exchange server each time I connect and I no longer can access them at the office or remotely over the web from another computer. I must have some setting wrong as this never occurs on my other desktop computer which is connected over the VPN, but that computer connects to an empty exchange server Can anyone advise me on correcting this condion. I would like to have copies of the emails on my laptop, home desktop, and the exchange server....

why GetFieldValue() is so slow
I get connected a vfp6 dbf file, and the total record number is about 50000, I want to export specified field value ( most of their type are string), and the result is correct, but it works toooooo slow, and I find the function GetFieldValue takes most time. my code is: while(!m_Rs.IsEOF()) { for(index=0; index < m_ListDest.GetCount(); index++) { strLine=m_pSortItem[m_pSortList[index]]; m_Rs.GetFieldValue(m_pSortList[index], strVal); strVal.TrimRight(_T(' ')); if(strVal == "" && m_isFilter) continue; strLine.Insert(0, _T('[')); ...

Outlook 2003 Pro with XP Pro Too Slow with McAfee 2004
I just bought a new high-end brandname laptop with XP Pro. In it, I: - installed Office 2003 Pro, - installed McAfee Internet Security Center 6.0 2004 (including Firewall, AntiVirus, Privacy Service, Spamkiller), and - downloaded and installed all latest MS and McAfee software updates, by the books. Hoping to lessen intra-computer response, I opted out some sub-features in McAfee. The installations were easy. Without McAfee, Outlook 2003 was fast, reliable. After installing and working with McAfee, Outlook 2003 is miserably slow in most operations (send/receive, clicking on ema...

Server Name Wrong in ESM
I support a development environment and within this environment I have a single Exchange server. The environment does not get used often and many people have admin rights in the environment. However there are problems now and I do not know how long they have been going on. Exchange services will not start on this box and it throws an error "Microsoft Exchange System Attendant was unable to find the Exchange server object named 'EATL0DV001K' in the Active Directory. All known Domain Controllers were checked for this object". The server object exist in AD. However w...

Qutlook 2007 & Squid Proxy Server
Greetings to all..... We have a Squid proxy server @ our office to distribute the internet connection. Now we use Google Apps for the emails. I have configured the Outlook 2007 with the settings given by Google (Incoming - pop.gmail.com; Port - 995 SSL; Outgoing - smtp.gmail.com; Port 587 TLS). We are unable to download emails into Outlook. Now a few days back i was fiddling with the settings in Outlook and suddenly discovered that Outlook was able to send mails with smtp port set to 25 SSL (The default one). I tried this for the incoming server also but in vein. I need Outlook ...

Exchange 2000 very slow
My Exchange 2000 SP4 is very slow and every computer keep showing the Outlook Send/Receive Progress window. This is happen every morning. I have to restart the Exchange Server twice a day, once in the morning and later in the afternoon. Once I do that then everything is ok until the afternoon around 3:30pm. Could someone please tell what could be causing this problem and how can I solve the problem? Thanks in advance, Look for any processes that start to eat more ram throughout the day. if you see one find out what app it is from and check the manufacturer for an update. Sounds li...

leave email messages on the server
I have a blackberry and i am trying to get my emails on my phone... and it tells me to leave messageson server... i have tryed... I went to tools, account, properties, and there is no advanced options tab, and no delivery options? What do i do... Did you highlight the "Mail" account and the Properties? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Cambie Gulick" <Cambie Gulick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6303F6C2-3712-4863-A56E-11836DDFE6F3@microsoft.com... >I have a blackberry and i am trying t...

Using Outlook BCM on a server
Can I use Outlook BCM in a server (the contact database residing on server) and access that information, add to it seamlessly, etc. Also, can I see all notes (opportunity notes, time/date stamping) in a single screen? I think I posted it in a wrong place. "Yuri" wrote: > Can I use Outlook BCM in a server (the contact database residing on server) > and > access that information, add to it seamlessly, etc. > Also, can I see all notes (opportunity notes, time/date stamping) in a > single screen? "Yuri" <Yuri@discussions.microsoft....

Loads of problems thanks to Windows 2003 Server SP1
Hi, I have encountered quite a lot of problems with Win 2k3 Server SP1 and they keep coming up to my annoyance! The problem I have now is not being able to apply a manual workflow rule in MS CRM 1.2. According to the KD Article ID 898654 there is a hotfix but one has to contact microsoft support!? Why not make this hotfix available for us all? I don't feel like paying ms support for something cause by a sp! my experience is that if you are calling MBS support to get a hotfix they should not charge you for the call. I would contact then to discuss further. -- John O'Donnell Mic...

slow printing
Just installed new dell for boss with win2k and office 2k, all update including w2k sp4 and off2k sp3. User now states that his HP4000 laser prints slow compared to his win98 that this machine replaced. The slow printing only seem to occur in excell - other programs seem fine. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks Bob Page ...

Slow or no communication at all
Hello all. Since I'm new around here, please let me know if this is the right place to post this. I've been checking these forums for a long time now, but fortunately I always found what I was looking for and never had the need to post. For that, I want to thank you all for the tremendous work (and help) everyone participating here have been given throughout these years. The problem that brings me here today, relates not entirely to the SBS 2003. What happens is that we have several MAC OS machines connecting to several shares in a SBS 2003. Everything was ok untill one o...

CRM 4.0 Server Set Up Database Installation Error
hi, I have a problem in the installation of CRm 4.0. I had the CRM installation on server and the sql server was on same machine. Then i removed CRM installation and tried to install again by pointing to another SQL Server. Set up is giving me an error " Action Miscrosoft.crm.setup.server Install DatabaseAction failed. Object reference not set to an instance of object. Set up is creating MSCRM_Config Database on SQl server and the CRM database is not getting created. Any body have solution for this? All replies are really appreciated and iam in very urgent situation to complete...

Integration Manager on Terminal Server
I have nearly 70 users access GP 9.0 on Terminal Server. When attempting to use Integration Manager, they sometimes encounter an OLE DB Provider error stating the driver is "currently locked by user 'admin'. I have determined this only happens when the Integration Manager is run by users on the same Terminal Server. Is there a fix or is this a known issue for the Integration Manager on Terminal Server? Thanks! On Jun 2, 12:56=A0pm, Brian Gregory <BrianGreg...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have nearly 70 users access GP 9.0 on Terminal Server. > When attem...

Making all outgoing email goes out through the front-end server?
I have a one back-end and one front-end Ex2k3 server. There is still a 5.5 server connected that needs to be decommissioned as it no longer has active emails or public folders. I have a routing group with all three as members. Currently, I am having delivery problems, especially to AOL. The reverse DNS pointer record goes to the front-end server on a DMZ. BUT when user send email to outside domains it goes out through the default gateway = not the reverse DNS IP address. Any suggestions? I tried adding the smart host to the routing group, but it didn't seem to work. Any suggests wou...

SQL Server 2008 Developer
I just read that my license for 2008 developer allows me to install it on as many servers as I like (for my use). So I can legally install it elsewhere to work with replication and/or clustering? Yes? First, you are not allowed to use developer edition for any type of production work. Can you point us to that statement you refer to. It would be interesting to see how they phrase it. -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi "Jay" <spam@nospam.org> wrote in message new...