Size of Distribution List

Susan,

I read your reply below but the article you suggested
doesn't apply to this particualr problem.  I too am having
the same problem.  The error I'm receiving applies
to "distribution lists" not email messages (per se). The
exact message is: "The distribution list has reached the
maximum size of your network email server. No new members
could be added". This limit seems to be around 200 per
list (for me), I can create as many lists as I want but
not more than around 200 users. There is obviously a limit
set somewhere for the number of members of a distribution
list, darned if I can find it though.

Suggestions? Thanks. (running Exch 2003, Windows 2003,
OL2003)

-jr

Message
>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=126497
>
>If this doesn't apply to you, please reply with the exact
wording of the
>error that you are receiving.
>
>Thanks!
>
>--
>Susan Hubbard
>Microsoft PSS
>sfodel@online.microsoft.com
>
>Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This
alias is for
>newsgroup purposes only.

confers no rights.
>"Christian Luebke" <cl26@gmx.de> wrote in message
>> we have an exchange 2000 server with outlook 2000
clients. when I try
>> to add another eMail-address to a distribution-list, I
get an error
>> that the maximal size is reached (with about 130 eMail-
addresses in
>> it).
>>
>> is there a way to add more than that?
>>
>> thank you!

0
anonymous (74722)

It's an Outlook limitation:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=238569

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"JR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Susan,
>
> I read your reply below but the article you suggested
> doesn't apply to this particualr problem.  I too am having
> the same problem.  The error I'm receiving applies
> to "distribution lists" not email messages (per se). The
> exact message is: "The distribution list has reached the
> maximum size of your network email server. No new members
> could be added". This limit seems to be around 200 per
> list (for me), I can create as many lists as I want but
> not more than around 200 users. There is obviously a limit
> set somewhere for the number of members of a distribution
> list, darned if I can find it though.
>
> Suggestions? Thanks. (running Exch 2003, Windows 2003,
> OL2003)
>
> -jr

0
neil.hobson (1158)
4/15/2004 9:43:51 PM
Neil,

Thanks for the reply. How lame though, you have to create
multiple distribution lists?? How do you perform large
mailings then?

Is there a way to setup a distribution list directly in
Exchange (with a large number of emails) and then have the
OL clients send to that list (something akin to a
Listserv)??

Thanks, jr

and
>> confers no rights.
>> >"Christian Luebke" <cl26@gmx.de> wrote in message
>> clients. when I try
>> get an error
eMail-
>> addresses in

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
4/15/2004 9:56:01 PM
Use Distribution Groups. Create group in AD Users and Comps, then
right-click it and select Exchange tasks. Wizard will help you with the
rest.

jr wrote:

> Neil,
>
> Thanks for the reply. How lame though, you have to create
> multiple distribution lists?? How do you perform large
> mailings then?
>
> Is there a way to setup a distribution list directly in
> Exchange (with a large number of emails) and then have the
> OL clients send to that list (something akin to a
> Listserv)??
>
> Thanks, jr

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
4/16/2004 11:40:38 AM
Most excellent, thanks for your help.

-jr

..

>> eMail-

>>>.
>>>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Distribution List #26
I created a distrubtion list called user group. I then changed the smtp address to something else so user's outside the company will be able to send email as ugab@company.com. The other addresses X400, MS, and CCMail addresses are stil referencing the group name. Should I changed these as well to reflect the actual address. The information in CCMAIL is as follws: Mailbox=usergroup Post Office=domain The information in MS Network Name: Messaging Postoffice Name: Domain Mailbox name: usergroup The information in X400 surname(s): usergroup organization(o) Domain PRMDC(p)= Messa...

Drop down box with country list #2
Thanks Bob, however what I want is a dropdown which we can find in the web site applications (e.g. airways ticketing) where we can use choose a country using the drop down with a complete list of world's countries. In Data Validation method, I have to re-type all the possible country's names. John. Bob Phillips Wrote: > Enter the countries in a range (say column M) and then add a Data > Validation > (DataValidation) and select the List option with a formula of say > =M1:M100 > or however many countries > > -- > HTH > > Bob Phillips > > "jo...

Page Size Sheet Size Not The Same
Hi - I'm having trouble with printing in Publisher 2007. I have a 5.5x8.5 page size and I want to print that size paper. I've tried to set the sheet to custom size in the printer setup, but Publisher still want a 5.5x8.5 Publisher size printing on a full 8.5x11 sheet. I don't get it. I never had this problem with the Publisher 2003 or anyother MS product including the other Office 2007 programs. Can anyone help clue me in? Even if I create a document as 5.5x8.5 size it will publish a 8.5x11 .pdf file. Please Help! Jerry The new Publisher page setup is not user friendly. ...

can not see all entries in Global Address list
I have a user who can not see all the items in the Global Address list. Why would that be? Could be a few things. What do they see? Are they missing one or two new entries? If so, are they using Outlook 2003? By default, this uses an offline address book which means the OAB will need to be rebuilt and downloaded to see the new entries. The rebuild happens once a day by default, but it can be forced via ESM. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Pearl" <Pearl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Need example on Virtual List Control
I need an excellent example on a virtual list control that utilizes sorting and retrieving item(s). Refer VListVw sample (under platform sdk samples) in MSDN "Precioso Vinzon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:085f01c3a125$2fdb9f10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need an excellent example on a virtual list control > that utilizes sorting and retrieving item(s). > ...

Screen Size
Dear All, I don't know if anyone can help but when I compose a message, the view of the message is huge! The font looks as though it's size 20 and it's driving me absoultely mad...... However, the emails in my sent / deleted files are normal size. Does anyone know why the view is so huge on my composing view and how I can get it back to normal? I've tried everything to no avail..... Many thanks! Sarah Grange, you wrote on Tue, 7 Oct 2008 02:05:00 -0700: > I don't know if anyone can help but when I compose a message, the view of > the message is huge! ...

Global Address List per Mail Domain
Hi! I host multiple domains on my Exchange 2003 server. I created new Global Address Lists in ESM for each mail domain: for example GAL for abc.com, and GAL for xyz.com. I want that the users who belong to domain abc.com should see ONLY and ONLY their own GAL, NOT the GAL for xyz.com. And users who belong to domain xyz.com should see only and only their own GAL. How can I realize it? Where should I restrict the permissions? Which permissions for whom? Best Regards Mustafa Have a look at this KB article How to Manage Address Lists When You Host Virtual Organizations http://support.micr...

Mailbox size
Hi, for some time i noticde that my live mail doesn't receive new messages unless i delete some old messages. i would leik to know if ther eis a maximum mailbox size in Live Mail. thank you. The mail box capacity is controlled by your isp. Check your account in the web interface to ensure you have not maxed out = your isp limit for your account If your account in WLM and a prior email client is/was configured to = never delete from the server, you may have over an extended=20 period of time reached your limit -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Mirogzy" wrote...

Deactivated Leads and Marketing Lists
It seems like CRM should remove deactivated Leads from any Marketing Lists on which the Lead is a member. Likewise with Accounts that are deactivated. Or am I missing something? - Steve Yates - ITS, Inc. - Old Virus Detected, Contact Hacker For Update (Y/N) ~ Taglines by Taglinator - www.srtware.com ~ The record remains in the list when it is deactivated unless you remove it or update the list memebers using 'Active' as a query criteria. However if you conduct a marketing activity to the list members any inactive records will be ignored and you will see them on the ...

Exporting Supplier List
Hi, I am using Microsoft Money 2002 personal and business edition. Is it possible to export the supplier list to excel. In addition, is is possible to export the sale items to excel. If this is not possible, is the export feature available in later version of MS money? Cheers Hani ...

excel 2007_need to add spacing between fields for mailing list
Subject describes the concern. 2007 Word displays labels ok, but the spacing between the fields needs to be increased. Still a newbie at using this suite. Thanks for replies. Increase row height?? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "GGG_SD" <GGG_SD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11A574DE-F7D2-4B6E-9F26-11415A627950@microsoft.com... > Subject describes the concern. 2007 Word displays labels ok, but the > spacing > between the fields needs to be increased. Still a newbie at using this > suite. ...

speed up mailbox size increases
we have an AD structure with a NLB EXCH 2003 FE and a clustered 2003 BE. We have a developed application that manages mailboxes, assigns the mailbox quota, and manages the email addresses. If a user asks for a larger mailbox quota, we change it within the application, and the application immediately changes it in AD. Unfortunately it seems like quite a lengthy process between when AD knows about the change and the Exchange server starts to act on the new quota amount. Is there a way I can tweak either AD or Exchange so that the changes occur on a more regular basis. Typically it tak...

How do I increase font size in the reading pane in Outlook 2007?
Previous versions had a command button to cycle through font sizes tiny > small > normal > big > tiny > ... The nearest I can get in Outlook 2007 is to open the received email in edit mode and then select all and then choose a font size via a font dialog. Silicon.Com sends a weekly newsletter out in HTML using a very small font, which I need to enlarge for comfortable reading. Surely I've missed a very simple command button, but searching local and on-line help for "increase font size" etc. brings no help. ...

Backup file size
I run a script to backup my databases. The critical lines of code are: OSQL -U sa -P password -S ServerName -Q "BACKUP DATABASE StoreOps TO DISK = 'C:\RMS Backup\DailyBackup1.bck' WITH FORMAT, STATS And a second line just like the first for database HQ and filename DailyHQBackup.bck The files generated are 107MB (Store Ops) and 196MB (HQ). Recently I executed a 'no going back' query so I manually backed up my database. I don't normally check the file size when I do this sort ofthing, but last night my backup media (DVD-RW) ran out of space... The HQ Admin-ge...

priv1.edb still has large size even no mailbox on it
Dear all, I have an Exchange 2000 mailbox store on W2K SP4 which has priv1.edb file size is 27 GB. Last month I create new mailbox store with the database name is priv2.edb and move the mailbox on the old mailbox store to the new one. But after there is no mailbox anymore on the old mailbox store, I wonder because priv1.edb file size still have the same size. Please help. Thanks. regards, Nita A priv.edb file will not dynamically shrink when you delete or move mailboxes from it. If you want to recover the saved space immediately you will need to run eseutil in defrag mode to compact...

Refresh problem for the size grip with Windows XP style
Hi, We have an dialog application with a scrollbar size grip. On Windows XP with visual style, there is a refresh problem for the size grip region. Without the XP style, everything is OK. I have noticed the same behavior with Notepad. Any ideas will be appreciated, Thanks ...

Excel file very large in size?
I have made excel workbook with 10 sheets. It is simple and has one sheet with graph, and also 4 pictures of size 300Kb. Why excel file is over 3100 Kb in size, or this is ok? Thanks in advance Marc Excel is noted for over-estimating the actual used range on a sheet. See Debra Dalgleish's site for info and instructions for resetting. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:37:45 +0200, "Marc" <marc5@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have made excel workbook with 10 sheets. It is simple and has one sheet >with gra...

not on list
I have a form "frmEntry" based off of a table that has several relationships. 4 combo boxes based off of queries so that I can select a product, dock code ect. if a product is not on the list in the drop down box I have a button on the form to open up frmProductEntry so I can add a new product to my tblProducts. Problem, how do I get my combo box to update without having to close my frmEntry form. I tried to add a refresh button but I have a VB on the TicketNo field for when a duplicate TicketNo is entered and it won't work properly. Here is that VB Private Sub TicketNo_...

Exchange 5.5 import/export of mailbox size limits
I need to do an import/export of an Ex5.5 directory that would change the mailboxes size limits. Basically, I need to replace whatever is in the Issue Warning Prohibit Send Prohibit send and Receive .... account fields, and change these "manually" via a spreadsheet. I have several 100's of these to do and would like to do it via a CSV file in the Exchange admin export/import. What should the header of csv file be ? obj-class,directory name,Issue Warning?,Prohibit Send? Prohibit Send Receive? Thank You, SRP 2 of the column headers will be: Issue warning storage limit...

Sizing Tool for CRM 3.0
A partner would like to submit suggestion for Sizing Tool for CRM 3.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e9792a1a-1a3d-4d82-b56d-7ce8909368c3&dg=micros...

Personal folder size
Hi, I have moved my personal folder to a server, and in the move it has increased in size from 26mb to 103mb. I've tried compacting it, but this has made no difference. Is there anything else I can do to reduce the size? Thanks Barry Nope, since it sounds like you have used the tools that are provided and removed any items from the pst that you just don't want. "Barry K" <bnk@cvl.uk.com> wrote in message news:c50il2$4tl$1@news.netkonect.net... > Hi, > I have moved my personal folder to a server, and in the move it has > increased in size from 26mb to 103m...

Remove Message Size Limiter
Dear All, im getting bounces to my exchanger server due to attachment size. Mail in question is a 5Mb message (Becomes 6.8 when in message format) commining from a hotmail account. I Know it isnt a Hotmail limitation, as ive sent the message to another organisations EX server. I need there to be absoloutly NO limitations within exchange AT ALL for the sending receiving or delivery of mail. I have been through exchange with a fine tooth comb and cannot find any such restrictors but im obviously missing somthing ive also checked the AD account in question to see if a limit has been plac...

blank page size
HI I am using MS Publisher 2003 and I go to a blank page, then page setup and select A3 size, however, the blank page shown is still showing as a4. If I go to Print preview, then it shows the A3 page. This has only happened recently (not used A3 size for a while). As I have an A3 Printer, I want to be able to see the correct size when I am setting teh page up. Can anyone help please? Barry The first step is to set the Print setup. The would be the size of the paper stock in the printer and the way it sets in the supply tray, portrait or landscape. Then, set the File, Page setup. -- ...

New Outlook Distribution List Location
How do I create an Outlook Distribution List in a folder other than the default "Contacts" folder? I'm using C# but I can use VB, etc. Thanks, Scott -- scottb2 http://forums.slipstick.com "scottb2" <scottb2.47b53a@invalid> wrote in message news:scottb2.47b53a@invalid... > How do I create an Outlook Distribution List in a folder other than the > default "Contacts" folder? I'm using C# but I can use VB, etc. Ask in the progamming group. microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

EDC Check list
hi! Anyone have the checklist that I need so I know what the bank needs to provide me to get EDC up an running? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_024F_01C7EA4F.D19F1C10 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0250_01C7EA4F.D19F1C10" ------=_NextPart_001_0250_01C7EA4F.D19F1C10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Manny, Try this one --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=...