Size limits on outgoing mail

I am getting this error: "This message is larger than the
current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full.
Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and
try sending it again."

I dont have any limits set on the users, its an internal
email, is there some place to look for restrictions
regarding sending mail?  I checked the SMTP Protocol.  Is
there any place else.

This mail message is 20 mb

Thanks

0
anonymous (74721)

What version EX are you running. In 5.5 the setting was
in one place and in 2000 it is in another.
Do you have mailbox limits turned on in the store?

0
anonymous (74721)
12/3/2003 4:50:43 PM
Yes, the default sending message size is 10240MB.  This is
set on the Default tab of the Message Delivery, under
Global Settings.

0
anonymous (74721)
12/3/2003 4:59:28 PM
I have Exchange 2003.... Isnt that where I posted this?
or does this group deal with all versions.

By the way, that fixed it.. The Global settings.. Thanks

0
anonymous (74721)

Bulk Mail Failures
Can anyone help????? I am getting vast amounts of System Undeliverable errors on bulk email blasts. The message details for the failed ones read as follows: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <foradexchange.FOR1031.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable> I've run a test by sending to myself, and get success, however. The message header reads as follows. (I'm running v.1.2, so I am a bit concerned of the refernce to v.1.0 here): Micr...

Page Size Sheet Size Not The Same
Hi - I'm having trouble with printing in Publisher 2007. I have a 5.5x8.5 page size and I want to print that size paper. I've tried to set the sheet to custom size in the printer setup, but Publisher still want a 5.5x8.5 Publisher size printing on a full 8.5x11 sheet. I don't get it. I never had this problem with the Publisher 2003 or anyother MS product including the other Office 2007 programs. Can anyone help clue me in? Even if I create a document as 5.5x8.5 size it will publish a 8.5x11 .pdf file. Please Help! Jerry The new Publisher page setup is not user friendly. ...

windows mail
I am not receiving e-mail. When I click send/receive, it goes through very fast and says successful. I know there is mail to receive. I can send e-mail. ANY IDEAS?? Send yourself a test e-mail. Does it appear in Sent Items? Can you see it on your server's Webmail site? Is this a POP3 account? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Steve B" <Steve B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6348301-9C20-4ABF-B2DE-1011BE6E39E0@microsoft.com... >I am not receiving e-mail. When I click send/receive, it go...

unable to telnet mail from: on exchange 2003
I connect to my exchange server using the following command: telnet IPADDRESS 25. I can send the Helo test command and it responds fine. However when I do a mail from: email@anydomain.com command, the server says unable to establish a connection and the session is immediately ended. Please help! Rafael What have you got configured for the authentication methods on the SMTP Virtual Server?, make sure you have anonymous selected. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Rafael" <rafael1119@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ObFb...

Screen Size
Dear All, I don't know if anyone can help but when I compose a message, the view of the message is huge! The font looks as though it's size 20 and it's driving me absoultely mad...... However, the emails in my sent / deleted files are normal size. Does anyone know why the view is so huge on my composing view and how I can get it back to normal? I've tried everything to no avail..... Many thanks! Sarah Grange, you wrote on Tue, 7 Oct 2008 02:05:00 -0700: > I don't know if anyone can help but when I compose a message, the view of > the message is huge! ...

mails stuck in local delivery queue in exchange 2003
Hi all our exch 2003 server was working fine until we got an error in the event log with id 348, category is Exchange store driver and source as MSExchange transport Event id descriptio is: message could not be virus scanned - this operation will be retried later. Internet Message ID <004501c601dc$6f146bc0$a132a8c0@pnolihbspds03>, Error Code 0x0. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Messages sent are stuck in the outbox. The local delivery queue is increasing by the minute. We've unistalled the groupshieldv6 on the server but still no luc...

e-mail #37
I am having a problem getting any e-mail into Microsoft Outlook. I recently connected with a cable modem & was using Outlook Express. I now want to use only Outlook but I am unable to get any e-mail. I went into OE & deleted my address info. Outlook says that everything is ok when I run the test but I still can't get my e-mails. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Exchange 2003 Adding a footer to outgoing emails
Hello All, Anyone know of a way to add a footer to all outbound emails in Exchange 2003 Thanks Mark Hi Mark You can do it via an Event Sink as detailed in these articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317327 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317680 Or use a third-party app. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mark S." <mslater_nospam@m-e-c.com> wrote in message news:%23QMqSEnSFHA.3492@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello All, &g...

Global Address List per Mail Domain
Hi! I host multiple domains on my Exchange 2003 server. I created new Global Address Lists in ESM for each mail domain: for example GAL for abc.com, and GAL for xyz.com. I want that the users who belong to domain abc.com should see ONLY and ONLY their own GAL, NOT the GAL for xyz.com. And users who belong to domain xyz.com should see only and only their own GAL. How can I realize it? Where should I restrict the permissions? Which permissions for whom? Best Regards Mustafa Have a look at this KB article How to Manage Address Lists When You Host Virtual Organizations http://support.micr...

Mailbox size
Hi, for some time i noticde that my live mail doesn't receive new messages unless i delete some old messages. i would leik to know if ther eis a maximum mailbox size in Live Mail. thank you. The mail box capacity is controlled by your isp. Check your account in the web interface to ensure you have not maxed out = your isp limit for your account If your account in WLM and a prior email client is/was configured to = never delete from the server, you may have over an extended=20 period of time reached your limit -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Mirogzy" wrote...

speed up mailbox size increases
we have an AD structure with a NLB EXCH 2003 FE and a clustered 2003 BE. We have a developed application that manages mailboxes, assigns the mailbox quota, and manages the email addresses. If a user asks for a larger mailbox quota, we change it within the application, and the application immediately changes it in AD. Unfortunately it seems like quite a lengthy process between when AD knows about the change and the Exchange server starts to act on the new quota amount. Is there a way I can tweak either AD or Exchange so that the changes occur on a more regular basis. Typically it tak...

Copy e-mail to address on another domain?
How would I setup for a users email user@domain1.com to also get sent to blah@otherdomain.com? Server 2003,Exchange 2003.. The reason I ask is we run an IT company and wish to have each of our clients administrator@ accounts also send a copy of incoming e-mail to server.reporting@ourcompany.com so someone at our firm can keep track of all the administrator e-mail in a central place. Thanks! -L In news:uERgb6RqFHA.2776@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Locke Nash Cole <junkmauler@hotmail.com> typed: > How would I setup for a users email user@domain1.com to also get sent > to blah@o...

How do I increase font size in the reading pane in Outlook 2007?
Previous versions had a command button to cycle through font sizes tiny > small > normal > big > tiny > ... The nearest I can get in Outlook 2007 is to open the received email in edit mode and then select all and then choose a font size via a font dialog. Silicon.Com sends a weekly newsletter out in HTML using a very small font, which I need to enlarge for comfortable reading. Surely I've missed a very simple command button, but searching local and on-line help for "increase font size" etc. brings no help. ...

Switching Mail Merge off?
I have a file that I was originally using mail merge with. Now I've decided I don't want to. However, every time I open the file it searches for the file containing the mail merge information and gives me two separate error messages. Is there a way to switch off mail merge within this file? I've tried searching online and in the help files but all I can find is instructions on how to set-up mail merge! I would just redo the file but it's quite large and took me a long time to setup the first time around. I'd rather not repeat all that work if possible. I'm usi...

E-mail addresses mysteriously unresolved themselves...
Hi- Using Outlook 2003. For some reason, the e-mail addresses in my contacts are no longer resolved. If I open a new message and click the "To" button, I see my list of contacts, but it does not show the e-mail addresses. If I open the contact, the e-mail address is in the e-mail field, but it is not underlined. If I click the drop down arrow next to the e-mail address, and select "e-mail 2", then do it again and select "E-mail", the address resolves and becomes underlined. Anyone have a way to fix this for my entire address book? I'd rather no...

Backup file size
I run a script to backup my databases. The critical lines of code are: OSQL -U sa -P password -S ServerName -Q "BACKUP DATABASE StoreOps TO DISK = 'C:\RMS Backup\DailyBackup1.bck' WITH FORMAT, STATS And a second line just like the first for database HQ and filename DailyHQBackup.bck The files generated are 107MB (Store Ops) and 196MB (HQ). Recently I executed a 'no going back' query so I manually backed up my database. I don't normally check the file size when I do this sort ofthing, but last night my backup media (DVD-RW) ran out of space... The HQ Admin-ge...

Problem with mail merge in Publisher 98
Hi, I'm trying to print Christmas card labels using MS Publisher 98. I've set up my data source and labels and have inserted field names into each label, however when I execute the merge I get a page full of labels for each record in my data source (i.e. a page full of labels with the same details on them) rather than separate details on each label, which is what I what to do. I would be very grateful if someone could let me know how to fix this - is there a field I can insert on each label which will tell the program to look for the next record. Merry Christmas! Andrew England ...

Excel file very large in size?
I have made excel workbook with 10 sheets. It is simple and has one sheet with graph, and also 4 pictures of size 300Kb. Why excel file is over 3100 Kb in size, or this is ok? Thanks in advance Marc Excel is noted for over-estimating the actual used range on a sheet. See Debra Dalgleish's site for info and instructions for resetting. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:37:45 +0200, "Marc" <marc5@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have made excel workbook with 10 sheets. It is simple and has one sheet >with gra...

Refresh problem for the size grip with Windows XP style
Hi, We have an dialog application with a scrollbar size grip. On Windows XP with visual style, there is a refresh problem for the size grip region. Without the XP style, everything is OK. I have noticed the same behavior with Notepad. Any ideas will be appreciated, Thanks ...

priv1.edb still has large size even no mailbox on it
Dear all, I have an Exchange 2000 mailbox store on W2K SP4 which has priv1.edb file size is 27 GB. Last month I create new mailbox store with the database name is priv2.edb and move the mailbox on the old mailbox store to the new one. But after there is no mailbox anymore on the old mailbox store, I wonder because priv1.edb file size still have the same size. Please help. Thanks. regards, Nita A priv.edb file will not dynamically shrink when you delete or move mailboxes from it. If you want to recover the saved space immediately you will need to run eseutil in defrag mode to compact...

Exchange 5.5 import/export of mailbox size limits
I need to do an import/export of an Ex5.5 directory that would change the mailboxes size limits. Basically, I need to replace whatever is in the Issue Warning Prohibit Send Prohibit send and Receive .... account fields, and change these "manually" via a spreadsheet. I have several 100's of these to do and would like to do it via a CSV file in the Exchange admin export/import. What should the header of csv file be ? obj-class,directory name,Issue Warning?,Prohibit Send? Prohibit Send Receive? Thank You, SRP 2 of the column headers will be: Issue warning storage limit...

Mail Through Outlook Without Security Prompt
When one creates mail in Outlook from another application using Automation, one gets the Microsoft security prompt that they added. However, when one creates mail by sending a link from Internet Explorer, one does not get the security prompt; yet the signature used in Outlook appears in the message. So the Internet Explorer Send Link by E-mail function accesses Outlook to get the signature; yet there is no security prompt. How does it do that? Thanks, Neil Actually, you're right, it doesn't happen when you use Send Link. It happens when a web page (such as http://www.myers-s...

Moving Mail based on Custom X-Headers for Spam
I am currently evaluating Symantec Mail Security on my Exchange server for its spam filtering capabilities. I am a little reticient to simply delete mail that it thinks is above a certain threshold for spam, I would instead like to use its ability to give each email a score in an X-Header and filter the mail into a "Suspect Spam" folder depending on what score it gets. I can see how I can do this with the Rules Wizard, and selecting the "with specific words in the message header" option, but I end up with a client-only rule. A lot of the complaints come from finding an i...

acquiring company and need to migrate mail
I am in the process of putting together a plan to move mail from a company we have aquired. They will continue to use their current domain for email. what are the first steps. Do I create their mail-boxes first and then move the DNS MX records? In news:21A0336B-2229-4BD0-99E7-56FD8E7B9B4F@microsoft.com, Tyson <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am in the process of putting together a plan to move mail from a > company we have aquired. They will continue to use their current > domain for email. what are the first steps. > > Do I create their mail-boxes firs...

Why has my Outlook stopped sending my mail??? #3
I have been using Outlook 2003 for ages to access my BtInternet mail, and now all of a sudden i am being asked to confirm my network password over and over, and regardless it still will not send my mail. I have been on to Yahoo and it sends ok. I have removed the account and reset it. I have checked and confirmed the settings about a million times :-). But it is still asking me. I have a feeling it is a problem with the program (or been hit with a virus of some kind), I did uninstal it and re-instaled, but there must be some settings it does not remove fully because when i re-installed my...