Single logon for AD and mailbox

Hi All,

I have ADC with Exchange loaded, my maximum users they use any machine in
the network, and complaining that "why we need to configure our profile in
outlook everytime"
anyone knows how to configure it by using GPO or i need to purchase any
third party software.

My need is
any user in the network, if users move to any machine and logon to network
by using his/her user name and password need not to configure his/her profile
for outlook it should come automatically.

do i need to make user and raoming profile!!!!!!!!!

they dont want to use OWA.
Regards
thanx

Roaming profiles mate. There is also a way of using GPO where you can
redirect some parts of the profile to your server so you dont need to carry
the burdon of a roaming profile, have tried a few and works well (Desktop
being one)

Best

Techxel Alex

Muneer Ahmed wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have ADC with Exchange loaded, my maximum users they use any
> machine in the network, and complaining that "why we need to
> configure our profile in outlook everytime"
> anyone knows how to configure it by using GPO or i need to purchase
> any third party software.
>
> My need is
> any user in the network, if users move to any machine and logon to
> network by using his/her user name and password need not to configure
> his/her profile for outlook it should come automatically.
>
> do i need to make user and raoming profile!!!!!!!!!
>
> they dont want to use OWA.
> Regards
> thanx

Use Roaming Windows profiles - but note that all computers must be running
the same OS version (& ideally the same SP and applications & app versions).
The Outlook profile will follow them around just as all their other settings
will.

You'll likely get more help in a networking group, but here are some tips
that I find work well:

1. Set up a share on the server. For example - d:\profiles, shared as
profiles$ to make it hidden from browsing.
2. Make sure the share permissions on profiles$ indicate everyone=full
control. Set the NTFS security to administrators, system, and users=full
control.
3. In the users' ADUC properties, specify \\server\profiles%\%username% in
the profiles field
4. Have each user log into the domain once from their usual workstation
(where their existing profile lives) and log out. The profile is now
roaming.

Notes:

* Make sure users understand that they should not log into multiple
computers at the same time when they have roaming profiles (unless you make
the profiles mandatory by renaming ntuser.dat to ntuser.man so they can't
change them). Explain that the
last one out  wins, when it comes to uploading the final, changed copy of
the profile.

* Keep your profiles TINY. Redirect My Documents  to a subfolder of each
user's home directory on the server - either via group policy (folder
redirection) or manually (less advisable). If you aren't going to also
redirect the desktop using policies, tell people not to store any files on
the desktop or or you will beat them with a stick. Big profile=slow
login/logout, and possible profile corruption.

* Do not let people store any company data locally - all data belongs on the
server.

0
lanwench (7567)
3/16/2005 5:41:47 PM
"Muneer Ahmed" <MuneerAhmed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> do i need to make user and raoming profile!!!!!!!!!

Try Outlook Profiler
http://goffconcepts.com/products/windows/profiler/index.html

0
na1 (222)

Way to do AD Query in Outlook?
We want to make an easy way for folk to look up Outlook contact/AD details in Outlook and/or through our company intranet. Is there a way I can either: 1) Make an AD query off of Outlook so users can click on a link and get a fully up-to-date listing of AD users/extensions/other fields that are in AD. 2) Make a query/webpart in Sharepoint so users can do searches or lists of the above data as well (GAL or AD user query)? Seems pretty straightforward, using all the field in AD to store company data and then make it easy to get to, but I don't want to have to click 'new message...

Exchange Mailbox Rights
I am trying to configure a Outlook mailbox so that users can logon to the box and read all items but, they cannot delete mailbox space. I have tried setting different access in AD users on the mailbox including added the account to Mailbox rights, with a variety of configurations including. 1. Full mailbox access with a deny on delete storage space. 2. Setting read access only. None of the settings seem to work, it is either all or none, ie, I can logon to the mailbox and do anything or I can't logon to the mailbox at all. I am aware within outlook you can configure individual permi...

SSL OWA slow launch logon screen and certificate alert popup
Hi...I enable the SSL (form base) on OWA at Exchange server...now here comes two issues: 1) the speed of launching the first screen of OWA is very slow on the WAN computer, the LAN computer is perfect. 2) the certificate alert screen is still showing up at the WAN computers, but not LAN computers, even after I installed the certification in IE. the alert message says with yellow ! sign: "The security certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust. View the certificate to determine whether you want to trust the certifying authority." I tried to install the certificat...

Save a single worksheet in Excel as a single file.
I have multipe worksheets in a single workbook. I would like to be able to save each worksheet individually. I want to send each worksheet to an individual, I do not want to send the entire workbook. All information must be retained in the one workbook, but as the individual worksheets are updated, the individual worksheet needs to be saved and sent to that individual. Help anyone? Thanks. Linda you can probably find the answer here. http://www.rondebruin.nl/ -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Dakota" <Dakota@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Returning Multiple Values in a Single Cell
Hello, I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago but forgot to mention a key point. My question was as follows: I have read a few posts regarding this subject but am still somewhat lost. I have a two sheet workbook (Excel 2000). On the first sheet is a list of projects that my department will complete during the year. A description of each project is given, a start date, an end date, as well as which crew will be completing the work (Crew 1 or Crew 2). What I am trying to do on the second sheet is to be able to type in any date, and have the description of the project on that da...

rpc-https on Single server
Hi, I am enabling rpc over https on single exchange server, which is also a DC and GC. After installing rpc proxy component on Windows Server 2003, I used ESM to enable rpc-http for Back-End server. Upon doing so, I got a dialog box complaining there is no Front-End server in my environment. However, the rpc-http for Back-End option is still selected. When I open outlook 2003 which is configured to use rpc-http, the connection status still use TCP/IP. I checked the rpcProxy ports in registry, all entries are defined correctly. Do I miss out any important steps or any websites I can refe...

Manual remove Exchange 2000 from AD
Hi, I inherited a Windows 2000 Active Directory network that I have been cleaning up. Im installed Exchange 2003 only to find out there was a failed Exchange 2000 install from years ago that AD still sees. When I open the Exchange System Manager tool it shows my new Exchange 2003 server and this old Exchange 2000 server. And it somehow blended the configs so my Recipient Update Service were pointing to a server that didnt exist. My question is how can I remove the Exchange 2000 server from AD when the physical server is not around anymore to un-install? Thanks for the help. -Ken Hi Ken...

Single Site Single Org Multiple Domains Exchange 5.5
Help anyone.... I have an Exchange 5.5 Server on a AD Domain and an Exchange 5.5 Server on a NT 4 domain. All same site and same org. I have been able to install the Exchange on the AD domain and join it to the existing site and org on the NT domain. My issue is that it will not replicate with any of the Exchange servers on the NT domain. I have a 2 way trust and I have no issues going back and forth between the 2 domains to access shares or any other resources between the two domains. The errors that I am getting in the Event Log are of course 9318 and 9322. I have tried host and lmhos...

AD Exch2000 problem help please
Hi When I go into AD Users Computers and Mailbox Rights of a user. I get this popu Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange EXtensio an invalid adsi pathname was passe id no: 8000500 ms ad - exchange extensio I cant change mailbox rights, when I go into ESM (exch sys manager) I cant see mailboxs but they are working as normal 50+ mailboxs on a server What can I do to fix this Thanks very muc Jon This sounds like a permissions problem or ESM problem. I would start by doing a reinstall of the Exchange System Management Tools. If that doesn't do the trick, then you can reinstall all o...

Two accounts same machine share a single pst file
I have two accounts that I use on my machine each with their own pst file. I would like to have both accounts point to a single pst so that I don't have to use my pda to synch between the two. Any suggestions? John What you mean by "accounts" is not clear. Assuming you mean Internet Mail accounts, just setup both accounts in the same profile. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "dsfds" <dsaf> wrote in message news:422d7b17$0$6967$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... >I have two accounts that I use on my machine each with their own pst file. >I > would like...

Free forum without Ads?
a new free forum than phpbb no pop-ups. Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited Storage, Unlimited users, unlimited threads, unlimited topics.Fast, http://support.forumgogo.com ...

How to get logon name from exchange alias
I'm using eCW "the email capture software" to connect my exchange 2000 server to FileNet "ECM solution", for archive all incoming and out going mails ,and i made an archive rule to set the mail property "To ,CC , OR From addresses" Owner permission over archived mails but the problem that the exchange alias differs than the user logon name , therefor the eCW couldn't find the appropriate user account to set permission for,I think it seems he look in the default address book or the message body to get that user account or smtp address I'll appre...

adding new records
I have an invoice template that I fill in and with the use of VLOOKUP take the information and put it into a record on another worksheet. Can someone tell me how I start a new invoice so the new information will go into a new record and not merely overwrite the previous record Thank you in advance You don't say how you are doing this If desired, send your file to my address below along with this msg and a clear explanation of what you want and before/after examples. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "dick23" <dick...

Single record
Is it possible to print a single record per page? I have a spreadshee with 240 records and I want to be able to print a single record pe page, preferably with the column headings vertically down the side. have only a short time (about 20 hrs) to acheive this. : -- zigeune ----------------------------------------------------------------------- zigeuner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2752 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47047 How about a small macro to get you started: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim w...

automatique logon
hi there, Can someone tell me how could i make a automatic logon in Outlook (Echange) ? I tried different registry keys with no success. thks in advance ...

is it possible to use F9 to manually calculate in a single sheet or single workbook?
is it possible to use F9 to manually calculate in a single sheet or single workbook? as i have got over 500 cells with vlookup in a single sheet, with more than 50 sheets in a workbook. Thank you!! Shift+F9 will calculate only the active sheet. From the XL Help for XL2003: ----- Press F9 Calculates formulas that have changed since the last calculation, and formulas dependent on them, in all open workbooks. If a workbook is set for automatic calculation, you do not need to press F9 for calculation. Press SHIFT+F9 Calculates formulas that have changed since the last calculation, and fo...

Route all emails to a single SMTP address ?
Hi, Due to severe issue on my BE server, I'm looking for a quick way to redirect all the mails supposed to go to this server to a specific SMTP recipient, whoever was the original recipient. Thanks, Chris On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 14:32:52 +0100, "Chris" <tophe_news@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Due to severe issue on my BE server, I'm looking for a quick way to redirect >all the mails supposed to go to this server to a specific SMTP recipient, >whoever was the original recipient. > >Thanks, >Chris > > if your BE is up the creek then you hav...

i am having trouble creating a rule on a shared mailbox
I have a shared mailbox and when attempting to set up a rule to cc other people, the rule will not work automatically, i have to manually enter it for it to work, any suggestions? "PS" <PS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7EB1FCB-6C3C-4890-BB14-BA68E71FC8EC@microsoft.com... >I have a shared mailbox and when attempting to set up a rule to cc other > people, the rule will not work automatically, i have to manually enter it > for > it to work, any suggestions? Start with the basics. What is the full text of the rule? What mailbox are you sign...

single instance YET ...
Hi, I wish to have my MDI based MFC application to be single instance. Let's assume I use the unique class name method. When my application starts, I check to see if there's already an instance running. If so, I set focus to active instance and terminate. But now I wish this: When a second instance is started with command line parameters, I wish to terminate that instance, but pass the command line parameters to the first instance (a file name, so that it can be openend as another document inside my MDI application). How do I pass this info? Is it possible to pass this via a window...

RPC HTTP Single Exchange Server / Seperate DC GC Server
Just a post that may help others trying to achieve the same objective. Single Exchange 2003 SP1 server (no front end server), seperate Domain Controllers (2003, no SP1) Clients, XP SP1 / SP2, O2 XDA via HTTPS There are many thorough Microsoft documents, but as many have found they expect either a single server that hosts all Exchange / AD roles, or a FE/BE setup. What is not easily catered for (at least in SP1) is having a dedicated Exchange server and having AD on dedicated servers (a recommended configuration). I found all the pieces of the puzzle from either the Microsoft Exchange Libra...

OLXP AutoComplete: How to Delete Single Entry
Q289975 mentions "changing" a single entry, but not deleting it. Posts to this list on the same subject mention how to delete entries from the AutoComplete list, but those suggestions will not work to remove a single entry from the cache. Can anyone suggest a procedure to remove a single entry from the AutoComplete list that actually works? OLXP AutoComplete caches resolved addresses into the <profilename>.NK2 file. Deleting the NK2 file removes single instances but that is a rather extreme solution to the problem. Is there an editor that one can use to edit the NK2 file to re...

HOW TO
I need to know how to extract/recieve/get a list of user smtp addresses from AD/GAL/Exchange so that I can make a report. This is a very basic process in ANY OTHER mail server but microsoft makes admin life insanely hard with leaving out a basic function such as this. Please do not send me a script link from some ADO CDO site without a sound explanation of how to use it. I need a functional way within AD/GAL/Exchange to do this, not some developer code process, can anyone answer this question? MS experts? anyone? Thanks in advance, http://www.suneja.com/blog/2005/09/how-to-export-all...

AD and E2k3 cluster
I went out today and saw somehting for the first time. two E2k3 servers in a cluster - operating fine. Howerver when I look at AD users and computers there are no exchange settings for the users. Since this is the first Exchange cluster I've seen, is this normal? Thanks for anyone's input BP no...not if they are Exchange servers, and you have the proper permissions...all the Exchange tabs should appear... "Brad Palmer" <brad_palmer2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:xFGue.1809$W74.1296@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com... > I went out today and saw somehting for...

Single Mailbox Restore, SINGLE server! Exchange 5.5
Hi all I have a 3 server 5.5 organisation. (all 3 servers in different sites connected via a WAN) I do not have a spare server. I realise this is the way to go... but I cant do it this way so if anybody can offer any help? I have a good backup (entire mailbox store NOT individual mailboxes) from Friday night. Today is Monday night. (Veritas Backup Exec 9) I deleted a mailbox accidentialy today. Its gone! - If I restore the server using Firdays backup, It will re-appear I imagine. BUT when all the transaction logs get procesed from them until the time I begin the restore, will the ma...

Windows XP logon fails
I have just done a clean install of a plagued Widows XP laptop at a remote location. After creating VPN connection and confirming logon I set the pc to domain instead of workgroup. Now it won't let me login to domain while I am remote saying there is no connection. Obviously I can't start VPN till I get to desktop. What am I missing here? I had this working before I wiped the system and reinstalled XP. Thanks for any help. NT-based versions of windows from 2000 on, including XP, will cache credentials by default once you've logged on successfully once. You can log...