simulate database corruption

want to do some DR testing on exchange 2000+2003 is there a way to simulate
a database corruption?(in the test lab) used to just echo some text into
exchange 5.5 databse but this doesnt work with 2000+2003.

thanks
0
Ericb1 (43)

A hex edit of the database will corrupt it.

"Ericb" <Ericb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> want to do some DR testing on exchange 2000+2003 is there a way to
simulate
> a database corruption?(in the test lab) used to just echo some text into
> exchange 5.5 databse but this doesnt work with 2000+2003.
>
> thanks

0
exchange.mvp (559)
4/3/2005 4:39:38 AM
superb thanks,

edit whilst the store is mounted?

"Andrew Sword [MVP]" <exchange.mvp@nos.optushome.com.au> wrote in news:
#cK7mcAOFHA.568@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

> A hex edit of the database will corrupt it.
>

> "Ericb" <Ericb@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> want to do some DR testing on exchange 2000+2003 is there a way to
> simulate
>> a database corruption?(in the test lab) used to just echo some text into
>> exchange 5.5 databse but this doesnt work with 2000+2003.
>>
>> thanks

0
Ericb1 (43)

Corrupted .pst file
PLEASE HELP!!! I have corrupted a valuable .pst file (I think, by stupidly terminating the Outlook.exe 'process' in Task Manager while it was writing to the .pst (?)). The .pst is no longer recognised as a '.pst' and will not open. Can it be repaired? Let me be the first to slap my head and admit I had failed to back it up..... PLEASE HELP! Have you tried the Inbox Repair Tool? (scanpst.exe) -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Simon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:196c101c44cdb$a7ebe520$a101280a@phx.gbl... > PLEASE HELP!!! &g...

Layout pages for Database
I can set up my reverse engineer settings to my db, but I can't seem to view 2 or 3 pages next to one another, nor can I place them UNDERNEATH? I'd like to have a layout in pages #'s similar to my #'s below. 1234 5678 910.. How do I get the view set up so I can run lines between page 5 & 2 ? TIA ...

database access #2
hi! i would like to connect to a mysql dbms from within mfc. should i use odbc or is there any other newer technology? thnaks, philipp I've used ADO, but have since switched to ODBC. I recommed DSN-less connections - so you can easily connect to any table or database for which you have access rights. Also, no need to create or know the DSN on various systems. It takes a touch more work to begin with, but you can build a ODBC connection class that will handle that. Balboos Philipp Huber wrote: > hi! > > i would like to connect to a mysql dbms from within mfc. > >...

MS Access database keeps opening a new window!!
We are running a database on MS Access 2003, and I just had to have it re-installed. Ever since the re-install, I've had this problem where a new window opens every time I click on a button. It never did this before, and others who are running the same program, using the same database on the server, are not having this problem. I'm not an admin on the system, so I will be relaying the instructions to our IT staff, who haven't had time to find or search for a fix. Can someone help? To clarify if needed - I open the database and there is a screen with maybe 10 buttons. If...

Upgrade - 1.0 to 1.2
Hi, Installing 1.2 on new server and will be moving all my 1.0 data off of the old one. Will i NEED to install 1.0 and then restore the backed up SQL databases then upgrade to 1.2, or can i just install 1.2 and then restore? Or am i missing an important step? CT I wanted to add a little more info. We had also migrated (Using the MS active director migration tools) from a 2000 server to a 2003 server, moving all users and keeping their GUID's. As per a post from John O'Donnell back in Dec he stated that moving databases from one doamin to another was not possible, for the followin...

Access database on internet?
I have an Access database on a local server that I would like to remove and put on the internet so I can share it remotely between at least 2 people. We both may be updating and reading from this database. It is about 5 mb in size. What is the easiest way to share this database using the internet? * Is there a file storage location that we could both access like it was a disk drive that would have locking/sharing capability? * Could I make a drive directory on a machine I have be common to both of us over the internet? How would that be done? Would it be too slow for use as an Access ...

Error Code: 0XE0000203
I get the following message in one notebook of ON: OneNote cannot access the notebook cache file. It may be corrupted. The message continues by saying it will delete the cache and restart again. This happens in the same notebook repeatedly -- so deleting the cache and creating a fresh one is NOT curing the issue. I have tried the 'optimize all files now', but this hasn't changed the result. I'd appreciate suggestions. David Are you running 2007 or the 2010 beta? djprius <djprius@mindspring.com> wrote in news:#xPmth3pKHA.4648@TK2...

SQL Replication of an MS Dynamics GP database
Does anyone have any updated thoughts on SQL replication for a GP database? I know years ago it was not possible due to the indentity fields used in the GP database tables. We want actual replication as opposed to just copying the entire database. If replication is not possible how about log shipping? We want to have a second copy of the Dynamics and company database in the event the main server goes down. Maybe now with SQL Server 2005 or 2008 there are features that are available that were not available using SQL Server 2000. The identity fields are still there and that is how...

Web Services simulator
I'm really hoping someone can point me in a direction=2E We're doing some work for a mjaor bank in the UK using Microsoft= =2ENET=2E They have provided us a WSDL file=2E We have generated a C# file= and then imported this into a C++ Managed DLL=2E Here comes the problem=2E 1) There are several request objects and response objects=2E I= would like to create a simulator which listens for the request= objects, and somehow manages to send a reply object=2E I could= create a socket and listen to the web-service request, get the= XML(?) data and then somehow, construct the XM...

Format of data import from a database
I have a spreadsheet that has data imported from SQL Server or even MS Access that has dollar amount fields. The field is coming over as a text field and even if I format the cells as currency it won't apply the formatting until I actually double click in the cell and press enter. Is there a way to fix this for the entire spreadsheet so I don't have to click in each cell to force the formatting to work? This spreadsheet as over 1500 rows of data. I get this every time I export data from either SQL Server 2000 or Microsoft Access Database. Any help or information is greatly apprecia...

Keyboard simulation
Does anybody knows how to send some string to program (programatically) as it was typed manualy from keyboard ? In other words: how to wrote a function that will simulate keyboard under Windows ? Thanks for any suggestions. Kadett kadett wrote: > > Does anybody knows how to send some string to program > (programatically) as it was typed manualy from keyboard ? In other > words: how to wrote a function that will simulate keyboard under Windows ? > > Thanks for any suggestions. > > Kadett The SendInput() API -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

Exchange Database debugger
Hi Anyone knows how to debug an exchange 2003 database Thanks What are you trying to do ? Paul Ford Edge IT Ltd "lmelm" <lmelm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5702E4DE-D2AD-491C-88EF-D36876D4CD91@microsoft.com... > Hi > Anyone knows how to debug an exchange 2003 database > > Thanks > I'm sorry I'm new in exchange maybe thats way I'm not clear. I wanan know how to reduce the size of my "mdbdata" folder "Paul Ford" wrote: > > What are you trying to do ? > > Paul Ford > Edge IT Ltd &g...

MS Works Database (.wdb) File Import
I just want to confirm that there is no easy way to migrate data from an existing MS Works database file (.wdb) into Access, even via an intermediate data format? Done a number of searches and come up with nothing. Read the MS KB article about exporting from Works to dBase, but if you don't have Works ...... Thanks! Don Hi Don, The best way is to have Works. If you don't, there's a database at http://www.j.nurick.dial.pipex.com/Code/index.htm (near the bottom of the page) with sample code that extracts data from some? most? Works databases and puts it in an Access table...

Help with creating database
I'm a recent college graduate at a new job. I am trying to help my company move a report that is currently done in Excel into Access. To help you better understand my goal I will try to describe my business and the nature of this report as briefly as possible. We are a clothing designer. All of our product is produced in factories overseas and delievered to our clients in the U.S. Our W.I.P. report is currently in Excel. It's purpose is to give us an up-to-date picture of what part of the production line our products are currently in. Information on this report inclu...

is it possible to have one database that shadows another....
Hi, I have an sql 2008 express (adv services) database that is located on my computers e:\. What I want to be able to do, is have a backup database or redundant database, that is always kept upto date so that if the e:\ fails then the other drive is able to be used. Could I use replication within the same SQL Server to do this or can you only replicate from one SQL server to another ? Using hardware raid is not really an option(although perfect as a solution) and the SQL is on Windows Vista, which I don't think has any software based raid mirroring... Thanks ...

Is it possible to load a database when starting Access from a shortcut? hi, PE wrote: > Is it possible to load a database when starting Access from a shortcut? Yes. You can simply create a shortcut of the database or use FullPathToAccess\MSACCESS.EXE FullpathToDatabase\db.mdb as shortcut destination. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Database design #2
A little while ago (on one of these NewsGroups) there was a thread about using Excel as a database and database design. I undertook to consolidate my thoughts (which were over several posts) on an information sheet. I have now done this and the first effort may now be seen at - http://1001solutions.co.uk/Designing_a_spreadsheet.pdf Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions ...

need good database structure for tracking counter state
Dear, Can anyone help me to make good database structure? What i have are some locations where I have some machines. Every machines have 2 counters (IN and OUT). I need to be able to enter state of that counters and after that to compare that values with previous entry IN and OUT counters. How I see it seams that somewere I need to keep information wich machine is on wich location. Beside that I need to track information about date and time of entries. Situation: Location 1 -> machine1, machine2, machine3 Location 2 -> machine4 Location 3 -> machine5, machine...

how to link the updated database to a shape
First I have linked a particular shape in a drawing with some values in the database. After that I have updated the database with few more values. Now if I'm saving the drawing as a web page it is giving the message as "There was an error creating a file". what is the error and where to find the errors if they occur in a visio. Thanks in advance. ...

flight simulator x jetway
i was wondering what the procedure is to connect the jetway to any plane Call the airlines, this forum is for Great Plains questions, not great planes! -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Karen" wrote: > i was wondering what the procedure is to connect the jetway to any plane ...

Obtaining information from a database for a worksheet
I have a seperate datebase set up. What I need to do is ... in a seperate worksheet obtain information for a certain cell and the row that corralates to be able to feed into a seperate worksheet. Example: From Database Need information that corrolates with column A Row 2 which would be a registration number. I need the information from ColumnB row 2 (last Name), Column C row 2 (first name), ColumnG Row 2, (street address) Column H row 2 (city), Colum I row 2 ( State), Column J row 2 (zip Code) , to be automatically linked to another file so that we do not have to do a copy paste. I do...

It it possible to create a database in Access for this:
Hi, Im trying to create a database, but not having much luck. Im new to MS Access. I would like to use a switchboard that people open - it will be used by at least 6 people - so when they open it they have 3 or 4 options to choose from - nice a simple - not confusing for anyone on where to go or what to do. On that i was going to add a form to fill in details on clients. Then from the information that is added in that goes to a table. Such as Name, Number, DOB, location will be filled out for each client. Under that - 10 drop down menus to click on different jobs. Each job goes into a sep...

Converting SQL database to Access database
I am not too familiar with either of these products. Can someone tell me if an SQL database can be viewed and manipulated through Access? If not how can I convert the SQL database into an Access database. Thanks. Chirvan You can use the Access Table linking feature to view tables from SQL server via ODBC. If you have a unique index on the table in SQL Server, then you can manipulate the data. -- Lynn Trapp MS Access MVP www.ltcomputerdesigns.com Access Security: www.ltcomputerdesigns.com/Security.htm "Chirvan" <cedross@apos.on.ca> wrote in message news:071301c37de8$09e...

CRM4.0: Reports from other datasources than MSCRM database
Hi After upgrading a CRM-implementation from 3.0 to 4.0, all of the reports that gets information from other datasources than CRM stopped working. I guess this i related to the fact that CRM 4.0 alters the connectionstring in the reports to point to the dataconnector on the SSRS-computer. Is there any way to make these reports work? I tries with a dynamic connectionstring wich got its configuration from report parameters, but it still fails. Any suggestions are welcome (one that works are prefered) Best regards Jens Egil Evensen ...

Mac Os X mail clients corrupting attached files
Hi all, I am having problems with Mac Os X mail.app clients sending attachments that are corrupted. They have been from a number of different applications with the only consistent similarity is that they come from Mac OsX clients who use imap. Classic clients are using Outlook for Mac are fine. Anyone had much luck with this Mac app and isync ? Platform is W2K sp4 Exchange 2000 sp3 Thanks ...