Simple question about send permissions

I have a user with multiple email addresses.  The primary email address on
this account does not match the domain the user is logged into ex.
me@someotherdomain.com.  But that works fine.  All out going mail for that
user has that other email address in the from field when it gets to it's
intended recipients.

Now if that user tries to send an email specifying a different email address
in the from field he gets the following error in a returned email:

contact your system administrator."

The address he is using is one of the email addresses listed in his active
directory account in the "E-mail Addresses" tab.  Why can't he use these in
the from field?  How do I fix this?

Thanks,
jim

Jim H wrote:
> I have a user with multiple email addresses.  The primary email
> address on this account does not match the domain the user is logged
> into ex. me@someotherdomain.com.  But that works fine.  All out going
> mail for that user has that other email address in the from field
> when it gets to it's intended recipients.
>
> Now if that user tries to send an email specifying a different email
> address in the from field he gets the following error in a returned
> email:

> contact your system administrator."
>
> The address he is using is one of the email addresses listed in his
> active directory account in the "E-mail Addresses" tab.  Why can't he
> use these in the from field?

Because you can send only from the default address specified in your
mailbox, or from another mailbox/DL/PF that you have "send as" rights for.
If you need him to be able to send as one of the addresses definied in his
mailbox, see ChooseFrom at www.ivasoft.biz. There's no native way to do it
unless you assign the addresses to other objects instead and grant him send
as rights.

How do I fix this?

> Thanks,
> jim

0
lanwench (7567)

Mell Install Question
We have MELL Installed on a Web Server. It is working fine and we have several modules up and running and will be adding more and more.. When we first installed eLearning, we said 'NO' to the SQL Server peice of the install. Now we'de like to have it log to SQL Server but am not sure how to go about doing this. reun the install? uninstall and reinstall?? I know there must be a way to implement SQL Server without having to reinstall the whole thing !!!! Can anyone help? ...

Simple graph
I have a chart with zip codes and a population rate. ZIP RATE 80001 2.34 80002 1.23 80003 1.23 I want to make a chart that has the rate on the x axis and the number of times that rate occurs on the y axis. | | | * | | * |_________________________________ | | 1.23 2.34 Thank you. I will assume the ZIP and RATE stuff is in A1:B200 (labels in row 1) Label in G1 to read RATE (but leave it empty for now), label in H2 to read COUNT Make a list of rates in G2:G20 (say) In H2 =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$200,G2) Copy down the row Select H1:G20 and make a...

Exchange question #2
I have just taken over a medium size office, running Exchange 6.5 on Small Business Server 2003, clients run Outlook 2003. My immediate problem is I have two users who cannot send email to several specific addresses outside the company. Everyone else can send to these addresses. When these two people send email to the outside addresses, they immediately get an email back stating that the address doesn't exist or something to that effect. It appears to be bounced right back from the server. Does anyone have an idea here? Thanks in advance. Can you post the NDR? -- Bharat Sune...

Sending an update to the status of a meeting (Outlook 2007)
Hi, I am able to replicate an issue with sending an updated status of a meeting request. Both sender and recipient are on Oulook 2007 and the scenario is as follows: 1. The organiser (A) sets up a meeting in Outlook calendar as Tentative and invites recipient (B) 2. (B) accepts and it shows as Tentative in calendar (B) ....so far so good! 3. (A) changes the status of the meeting from Tentative to Busy and sends an update to (B) 4. Calendar (A) immediately updates to show the period as Busy 5. (B) accepts the update The issue is that unfortunately calendar (B) continu...

Drop down. *EASY* question!
BlankHiya everyone :) I was just wondering if anybody could explain something reeeeally easy for me? In Excel, I would like a two drop-down features in my columns of my spreadsheet. The first one (columnE) with the options 'yes' or 'no'. The second one (columnD) with a list of names, eg. Anthony Peter Mark Jonathan Thankyou for ANY help you can give me! -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England "Do you know where you're going to?" Data>Validation, choose a type of list, and then just type the values comma separated. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from...

Simple Simple Simple
Just started Excel (again) and need to make an easy speadsheet fo calculating square inches. Column A: Height Column B: Legnth Column C: Total Tags per 16 x 24 Column D: Cost per tag Figures I know: each sheet cost me $9.98. each sheet is 16 x 24 inches What I want to do is enter the Height, enter the Length and have th total (sum) be entered into columns C and D. I can't believe I forgot how to enter formulas. Any help will b appreciated. Thank you, Crai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Craig, One Way, might be better ways but this'll work: List the colou...

Simple help with implementing Outlook-like GUI
Hi All. I am an experienced unix programmer who sometimes has to do something in the windows world, and always has newbie-questions. Basically I want to write an application program that looks like outlook in that it has nice icons down the left hand side that choose the content of the main area in the right hand side. So I started the MFC App wizard, and got me a SDI program with a CLeftFrame (CTreeView) and a CMainFrame (CFrameWnd). Then I prepared the following snippet of code to draw the buttons: // Create a pushbutton CBitmapButton* pmyButton; pmyButton = new CB...

Experts Question
Hi. I'm writing a multi tool application, something like outlook. I have an MDI application of course. Inside the MDI the user may choose any of few Mini tools (something like calendar,contacts,mail, tasks etc). A mini tool may be an MDI - e.g. one of my mini tool is a resources editor, which means that the user may first choose the "Resource Editor" mini tool, and open/create many windows to edit. Another mini tool will be "Scripts Editor", which the user may choose to open many scripts views. My problem is how to implement the switching between mini tools, I wanna pu...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://uknews.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

2003Beta back to 2002
Gone back to 2002 after 2003. When I click send/recieve button, I get operation failed eror message. Have removed and re entered email account. Have tried changing profiles. Can send and recieve via Tools>Send/Recieve>pop3 account. Try completely uninstalling Outlook and then reinstalling it again. Be sure to save backups first. Then when it's up and running, if it then works, copy the backed up files to replace the applicable files in their new locations. "Greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:030901c3a013$05d31c10$a501280a@phx.gb...

Install question
Hello, can I have SQL Server 2008 Express with advanced services with SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Evaluation installed on the same machine ? Thank you Gilles On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 07:49:10 -0700 (PDT), Gilles Koffmann <gilles.koffmann@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >can I have SQL Server 2008 Express with advanced services >with SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Evaluation installed on the same >machine ? > >Thank you >Gilles Hi Giles You should be able to do this, have you tried and failed? John ...

xml/rid question
I am using Visual Studio 2003/C# I created a new xml schema/xsd file (Project Create new item->Dataset) I then added Elements to the schema using the designer From the toolbox I then created an instance of my dataset. I then dropped a grid (Infragistics UltraWebGrid) onto my form, and bound the grid to my dataset. At runtime, I configure the columns of the grid, get some records from the Employee database (SQL Server2k), and add some rows to the grid. The user then enters some data into various cells of the grid. I am now ready to update the database with the contents of the grid. What ...

send email to new contacts/accounts
I want to set a rule to send a welcome email whenever account is opened. recipient would be the email address in Account.emailaddress1. how can this be done. workflow manager giving me only [owner] and [owner's manager] options.. is there a way to add something like [Account.emailaddress1]...? Hi, You should find a lot of hints when searching for the word 'slug' in the newsgroup. Furthermore you can take a look at this posting: http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com/2005/04/sending-e-mail-from-workflow-with.html Hope this helps, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Shawki" w...

Simple Query Wizard hangs
I am using Access 2003 When I initiate the "Simple Query Wizard", I am presented with the first screen - "What fields do you want in your query" When I click on the pulldown list to select a table, I get the following message: "The expression On Get Focus you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: the text you entered isn't an item in the list * the expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. * There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro&q...

Several Outlook Questions
I have Outlook 2003 with Service Pack 3 installed on my desktop and laptop. First, I would like to syncronize my contacts and all my mail folders: Inbox, Sent, etc. on both computers so that I would have that information on both computers. Second, I would like to store all of my Outlook data--contacts, folders, etc on my drive C: so that when I reconfigure my computer I don't have to backup and restore this data which is such a hassle. Can I do this and how? 1) http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp 2) By default the outlook data file is on your C: (Windows drive) Backup, wha...

Xch2k (SB edition) LOG and IFS question
Dear, Even I did the full backup with the Exchange server, the LOG and IFS extension file still in the MDBDATA folder. How to purch? Thanks!! -david I'm not sure what you are referring to regarding the IFS extension file. Please explain. As far as your full backup, how did you perform the backup? It must be done using an exchange-aware backup program (such as NTbackup run from a computer with minimum the Exchange management tools installed). It must also be a full *online* backup, with all Exchange services running and all databases mounted. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP M...

WDF Interrupt question
I'm sorry I just start learning windows drivers development. I'm looking at Interrupt servicing in drivers in WDF. WdfInterruptCreate create the interrupt object but where do we put the information about interrupt vector? I noticed we can get vector by using WdfInterruptGetInfo, but where do we set it? I think I have found where it comes from. From Hardware Resource list, which is filled by PnP Manager. On Mar 22, 12:56=A0am, mpefareo <mpefa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm sorry I just start learning windows drivers development. I'm looking ...

I Need a Simple Sales Software
Hello, I am looking for software to keep track of my prospects, customers, and the notes of the sales process. I spend about one hour a day on sales and marketing, so I prefer a simple and inexpensive software. Maximizer, Outlook, Act, and Goldmine seem made for the full-time professional salesperson. Please let me know if what I am looking for exists. Best Regards, T.I. ...

why do I get sending message 2 of 2 when I only sent 1 email
When I send an e-mail, the status says sending 1 of 2 , sending 2 of 2. I only sent one e-mail. What was the second one for? There are no attachments, CCs or BCCs. Using Outlook 2007? This is quite common then when you have multiple accounts configured. Outlook 2007 has a counting bug which is partly fixed with Service Pack 2. It's just a counting issue, no additional mail is actually sent. Of course, it never hurts to look if you actually have a stuck Read Receipt. To do this see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Ou...

Make it more simple or intuitive to do simple things
I appreciate the fact that applications are becoming more versatile and able to do things that we hardly thought possible in the past but I feel that in this added complexity you are losing sight of the need to do simple things easily without resorting to trial and error or consulting "help" which often anyhow doesn't lead one straight to the solution! An example is how to produce a chart with a series of months i.e Jan Feb Mar etc appearing on the X axis. This is no doubt something that resulted naturally in the first versions of Excel charts or in a competitor's ea...

filtered list question
I want to autofilter a list and then run a vlookup based on the criteria used. How do you reference the first cell of a filtered list? Assumptions: A2:C10 contains your data E1 contains your lookup value You wish to return the corresponding value in Column C Formula: =VLOOKUP(E1,IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(A2:A10,ROW(A2:A10)-MIN(ROW(A2:A10)),0,1) ),A2:C10),3,0) ....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER. Adjust the formula accordingly. Hope this helps! In article <B218E24D-73A1-4BCE-8B8A-2A52DD6074BE@microsoft.com>, "Bob B" <Bob B@discussions.microsoft.com...

Question about using the right or left formula
How do you get excel to recognize the data as a number when using the right or left formula? For example, cell L73 has the following formula: =RIGHT(D3,5) The data this equation produces is +137. I have another cell that has a formula that says =IF(ISNUMBER(L73),L73,"NO"). The answer I get is NO. I should get +173. I have formatted cell L73 to be a number. How do I fix this formula? Thanks Being a text function, the right function will return text. To cause Excel to perform an implicit type change from text to numeric try one of these: =--RIGHT(D3,5) =RIGHT(D3,5)*1 D...

Can not send or receive E mail with Outlook 2002
I can not use MS Outlook 2003, Windows XP, and Earthlink to receive and send mail. I have contacted Microsoft Corporation, Dell, and Earthlink to solve the problem. Earthlink and Dell after trying unsuccessfully to fix the problem just tell me it is a software problem. I get the error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." In Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 312354 you address this problem. I have followed the instructions several times but was not successful. Perhaps you can help me. My brother says he has a similar problem using Outlook express wi...

CImageList and CImage question
I want to use an image list with a list control. I am using CImage to load a bitmap file (actually several files) like: CImage image; image.Load("test.bmp"); How do I add this image to a CImageList, which can then be used by the list control? -- Regards, Frank This looks ugly but seems to be the only way. CImage image; image.Load("test.bmp"); CBitmap Bmp; Bmp.Attach(image.Detach(); m_ImageList.Add(&Bmp,RGB(0,0,0)); Bmp.DestroyObject(); image.Load("test2.bmp"); Bmp.Attach(image.Detach(); m_ImageList.Add(&Bmp,RGB(0,0,0)); Bmp.DestroyObject(); .... ...

My 'Send to' is broken
When I right click on a file in a directory (such as a photo) I get a menu that includes 'Send to' and an option to 'Mail recipient'. When I click on that it used to launche an email composition window from Outlook and the file is an attachment. For some reason, that function has stopped working. I checked my Outlook preferences and the box designating Outlook as the default email client is checked. I am using Outlook 2003 SP1 and this problem has just started in the last week. Any help on fixing this would be appreciated. Is Outlook open when you try this? Have you...