Simple public folder permission problem

I have a public task list folder. However even though I have given everyone
"Author" priviledges and full control of the directory, users cannot update
the tasks (although they can create new ones). The changes to tasks get
reset to their original values.
Where should I look to fix this problem?

Brian

0
taylorb (5)

How did you grant Author Access, via Outlook or ESM? What do you meanyou
gave them full control of the directory?

"Brian Taylor" <taylorb@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
> I have a public task list folder. However even though I have given
everyone
> "Author" priviledges and full control of the directory, users cannot
update
> the tasks (although they can create new ones). The changes to tasks get
> reset to their original values.
> Where should I look to fix this problem?
>
> Brian

0
Megan
10/7/2004 2:03:55 PM
Hi Megan,

I granted Author Access via ESM (under Folders/Public Folders) and checked
it in Outlook. Also under ESM there is a "Directory rights" button and I
gave the user full access to the Public Folder directory.

Anyway I have just checked it again and the user is able to now change the
settings! - maybe a AD update delay?

Thanks for getting me to check the Outlook permissions.

Brian

"Megan Kielman" <megan.kielman@(removethis)weyerhaeuser.com> wrote in
message news:eEe68ZHrEHA.192@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> How did you grant Author Access, via Outlook or ESM? What do you meanyou
> gave them full control of the directory?
>

> "Brian Taylor" <taylorb@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
>> I have a public task list folder. However even though I have given
> everyone
>> "Author" priviledges and full control of the directory, users cannot
> update
>> the tasks (although they can create new ones). The changes to tasks get
>> reset to their original values.
>> Where should I look to fix this problem?
>>
>> Brian

0
taylorb (5)

Simple graph
I have a chart with zip codes and a population rate. ZIP RATE 80001 2.34 80002 1.23 80003 1.23 I want to make a chart that has the rate on the x axis and the number of times that rate occurs on the y axis. | | | * | | * |_________________________________ | | 1.23 2.34 Thank you. I will assume the ZIP and RATE stuff is in A1:B200 (labels in row 1) Label in G1 to read RATE (but leave it empty for now), label in H2 to read COUNT Make a list of rates in G2:G20 (say) In H2 =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$200,G2) Copy down the row Select H1:G20 and make a...

OR condition in Search Folders
Does anyone know how to use an OR in search folders? I'd like to see any message that is Unread OR Flagged. thanks. you'll need to use QueryBuiler. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040927.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick...

Simple help with implementing Outlook-like GUI
Hi All. I am an experienced unix programmer who sometimes has to do something in the windows world, and always has newbie-questions. Basically I want to write an application program that looks like outlook in that it has nice icons down the left hand side that choose the content of the main area in the right hand side. So I started the MFC App wizard, and got me a SDI program with a CLeftFrame (CTreeView) and a CMainFrame (CFrameWnd). Then I prepared the following snippet of code to draw the buttons: // Create a pushbutton CBitmapButton* pmyButton; pmyButton = new CB...

Fundamental Problem With CDs
I must be doing something fundamentally wrong with the way I work with my CDs in Money 2005, and I'd appreciate some advice. I opened a one month CD a couple of years ago and I have just let the bank renew it automatically. When I enter the renewal information from the bank, Money requires me to "redeem" the CD, then "buy" a new CD. This is counter-intuitive since the bank uses the same account number. For example, I have to "redeem" CD Account 123 and "buy" a new CD Account 123 #2. Then a month later I "redeem" CD Account 123 #2 and...

Simple Simple Simple
Just started Excel (again) and need to make an easy speadsheet fo calculating square inches. Column A: Height Column B: Legnth Column C: Total Tags per 16 x 24 Column D: Cost per tag Figures I know: each sheet cost me $9.98. each sheet is 16 x 24 inches What I want to do is enter the Height, enter the Length and have th total (sum) be entered into columns C and D. I can't believe I forgot how to enter formulas. Any help will b appreciated. Thank you, Crai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Craig, One Way, might be better ways but this'll work: List the colou...

Public folder deletion #2
I have an Exchange 2000 server which has several public folders which cannot be deleted. I delete them in the ESM and they appear to be deleted both in the ESM and when viewed from Outlook. At some point later they reappear. I verified that it is not a replication issue as the folders in question are not being replicated to any other server. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. ...

Problem Adding Records To Child Table
I have two tables: table A (parent) and table B (child) which have a one-to-many relationship. Fields A.1 and B.1 are both the primary key fields of tables A and B, and each is an autonumber field. Field B.2 is the foreign key field which links to field A.1. I have a query with SQL as follows: SELECT B.*, A.1, A.2 FROM B INNER JOIN A ON B.2 = A.1 ORDER BY B.1 When I open the query and go to the new record, I enter in B.2 the value for A.1 for one of the existing A records. The new record is added in the B table. No problem. However, when I base a form on the above SQL and then try to add a...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://uknews.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

Public Folder Problems
I created a PowerPoint presentation, and saved it as an .htm file, which created an .htm version and a sub folder for the various .htm files. When I run this on my PC all is OK. I then dragged and dropped (d&d) all files and the folder structure to an Outlook Public Folder in an Outlook 2000 Corporate or Workgroup, Exchange Server environment. System wouldn't let me d&d the sub folder, so had to create this in Outlook, then d&d files into it. Unfortunately it's all behind the company firewall so I can't point you at it. When I try to open the Public Folder .htm ...

Simple Query Wizard hangs
I am using Access 2003 When I initiate the "Simple Query Wizard", I am presented with the first screen - "What fields do you want in your query" When I click on the pulldown list to select a table, I get the following message: "The expression On Get Focus you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: the text you entered isn't an item in the list * the expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. * There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro&q...

Problem with Date Formatting
I am importing a text file with dates in the format 3/1/05. I need the data formatted as DD-MMM-YYYY. I can get this for all dates EXCEPT where the leading zero has been dropped off the day, such as 3/1/05. Can anyone suggest how to do this in Excel? ...

email in queue folder
Dear all, I use IIS SMTP for my SMTP gateway, and all email will forward to my Exchange server. Sometimes I will find out some invalid email receptions queue in my SMTP folder, but my Exchange server already setup will delete receptions which not in AD, so it should delete these emails, not reject these emails. But why my Exchange server was still rejected these emails? Many thanks for your help! On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 22:08:26 +0800, "David" <David@idle.com.tw.nospam> wrote: >Dear all, > > > >I use IIS SMTP for my SMTP gateway, and all email will forw...

I Need a Simple Sales Software
Hello, I am looking for software to keep track of my prospects, customers, and the notes of the sales process. I spend about one hour a day on sales and marketing, so I prefer a simple and inexpensive software. Maximizer, Outlook, Act, and Goldmine seem made for the full-time professional salesperson. Please let me know if what I am looking for exists. Best Regards, T.I. ...

Make it more simple or intuitive to do simple things
I appreciate the fact that applications are becoming more versatile and able to do things that we hardly thought possible in the past but I feel that in this added complexity you are losing sight of the need to do simple things easily without resorting to trial and error or consulting "help" which often anyhow doesn't lead one straight to the solution! An example is how to produce a chart with a series of months i.e Jan Feb Mar etc appearing on the X axis. This is no doubt something that resulted naturally in the first versions of Excel charts or in a competitor's ea...

Simple public folder permission problem
I have a public task list folder. However even though I have given everyone "Author" priviledges and full control of the directory, users cannot update the tasks (although they can create new ones). The changes to tasks get reset to their original values. Where should I look to fix this problem? Brian How did you grant Author Access, via Outlook or ESM? What do you meanyou gave them full control of the directory? "Brian Taylor" <taylorb@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:e2hwumGrEHA.1160@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a public task list folder. Ho...

What is simple text?
When creating a custom list that includes a column of accounting formated data, I get an error message that 'fields without simple text will be ignored'. The result is all other data except the accounting formatted data. Help!!!! I suppose it means without the currency symbol and thousands delimiters. On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:01:04 -0700, TexMas <TexMas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When creating a custom list that includes a column of accounting formated >data, I get an error message that 'fields without simple text will be >ignored'. The result is ...

Office12 Folder/Remnants After 2007 Unstall
I uninstalled the Home and Student 2007 trial and the Compatibility Pack but still have a Microsoft Office folder--located in Program Files (x86)--which contains an Office12 folder. The Office12 folder only contains Saext.dll and Seqchk10.dll--files that are apparently Office 2003 components. I reviewed the Microsoft page for manually uninstalling Office 2007 and have found that I still have the Normal.dotm and Opa12.dat installation files as well as several registry keys. Why do I have these remnants? How should I proceed? Thanks Uninstall manually using KB article, also ...

public/free busy
I can't seem to turn off the public/free busy thing. It keeps beeping at me telling me the the update of the operation has failed. How do I get it to stop? ...

simple question
Okay, I have a very simple question. Where do the old posts go after they run off the last page of this newsgroup? Sometimes I would like to refer to a post that I remember seeing in October, but is no longer on the current section. The search function seems to only search current posts as well. If anyone has some input please email me at joep@siboneylg.com Thanks kindly. have you tried google groups, they keep archived old posts: http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=microsoft.public.greatplains&hl=en "Joe Proehl" <joep@siboneylg.com> wrote in message news:099701c5...

Create personal folder in Outlook 2007
I am unable to create a new personal folder (.pst) in Outlook 2007. I do not have the option Personal Folders File (.pst) in File > New. Help please! File-> New-> Outlook Data File... is all the way at the bottom of the list. If you are in a corporate environment, it could be that your administrators have disabled this as a company policy. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers --...

CRM 1.2 to 3 Upgrade Problem / Fix?
We're having problems updating CRM 1.2 to 3.0. We think this is due to us moving from the US version of CRM 1.0 to the UK version of 1.2 and importing our schema changes - at the time, this lead to some functionality problems in CRM which we were given a fix for that involved editing the language code in the XML export and then reimporting the customisations. This fixed our issues and made 1.2 work correctly but we are wondering if this may be part of the problem we're having upgrading now to 3.0 We've found a document which suggests removing all customisations before upg...

about storage folders
I did all what you said and they are not in the storage folders. I tried more than once. Thanks Please stay with your original thread. You did not answer my last reply there. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Sharon " <gwen6039@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:uPKsIy6lKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I did all what you said and they are not in the storage folders. > > I tried more than once. > Thanks > > Did what ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Sharon " <gwen6039...

Mail enabled Public Folders question
I have an issue concerning a mail enabled public folder which was incorrectly set up. The public folder was supposed to be able to receive emails from outside the organization, and once received, the mails would be posted. However, the permissions for Default and Anonymous were set to "none" and so no mails that were sent ended up being posted to the folder. Once this error was discovered, it was corrected. My concern is that of the numerous sent mails which failed to post. Using the Message Tracking Center, you can see that a message was sent, as well as the sender's email ...

try
I use try catch mechanism and notice (in the debugger) that whenever the control arrives to the catch section, I get an access violation (error 0xC0000005)even though it skips this section immediately. I pass compilation without any problems and the program runs fine but crashes every few hours. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks Gil You are writing to a memory you are not supposed to write. -- Vipin Aravind http://www.explorewindows.com "Gil" <gil@blinkit.com> wrote in message news:er3tTiHsGHA.4472@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I use try catch mechanism and notice (in...

Inbox Problems with IMAP in Outlook
I have a client who is switching over from AOL to a POP3 account. In the interem, I set him up with Outlook, and an IMAP mailbox. I fear I was a bit cocksure about the whole thing, and simply assumed Outlook 2000 would store a local copy of received messages. Unfortunately, it appears that it doesn't, and his AOL account was set to purge old emails after 14 days. I have two questions for everyone: 1) Is it possible to retrieve old received messages from a cache somewhere on the computer (he's running Windows 2000). 2) Is it possible to automate the local storage of IMAP messages ...