showing unread items in public folder

I setup some public folders on my exchange 2003 box. This folder has an
email address associated with it, which accepts mail. I noticed in the
properties for the folder there is an option to "show number of unread
items" or "show number of total items".
These two options are greyed out for me.

Any idea how to enable these options?

thanks!

Sean

0
sean9989 (6)

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Public Folder Calander Default View
We have a Public Folder calendar that was requested to be set to and left as 'Month View' it appears to default to day view and needs to be set to month view by each user, and from what i am told will revert back to day view after logging out and relogging in to the network/exchange. Is there a way to set an attribut on this shared calendar that when it is opened by a client it will open by default in Month view? Thanks for any assistance. In news:2253CCBC-DD0D-4B2D-83AF-4115E4B0FFFD@microsoft.com, Civic <Civic@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We have a Public Fo...

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Pulic Folder and Calender
Hi, I would like our users to access a shared calender that is also accessible via OWA? Is it possible to setup a Pulic Folder shared calender in Exchange 2003? If so how? many thanks, PL3 Basically, calendar in PF is open to everyone except changing it. You may set up a new folder from System Manager or Outlook. -- Ray MCSE+Internet, MCDBA, MCP "PL3" <plad22000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:72C903CB-29DF-4B6A-BFF8-1A0A56560EF7@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I would like our users to access a shared calender that is also accessible > via OWA? > Is it p...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Task folders in Outlook reproducing themselves,
Has anyone experienced this?? The Tasks folder in the folder pane replicates itself so there are 10 - 25 copies of it. Deleting them only works for a short time until it replicates itself again. We are running Outlook 2002 SP-1 w/Exchange 2000 server. Only one person is having this issue. Yes. I found that using the ffolder utility helped. I suspect that the Tasks folder was corrupt. I copied all of the tasks into another tasks folder then used the Ffolder utility to delete the folder. Then I used the Command-Line switch to rebuild the system folder and moved all of the tasks back into ...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Scheduled automatic synchronize of offine folder with microsoft exchange server
Outlook 2000 SR-1 allowed a remote users to schedule a dailer to automatically dail the server and download email and synchronize files at at predetermined intervals. I can not locte this feature in outlook 2002. Help. If you have the fix, please email it to j-w- long@swbell.net ...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

ListView_SubItemHitTest redraws items
I have created my own CListCtrl derived control. In this I need to override OnToolHitTest(). In this a call ListView_SubItemHitTest() to detect over which item the mouse pointer is. But when I do that the item is redrawn, which make my list flickering. This only happens when I have a manifest file and when the application is dialog based and the application run on WinXP. The following code illustrates the problem: CFlickerList is derived from CListCtrl: void CFlickerList::OnCustomDraw(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { NMLVCUSTOMDRAW* pLVCD = reinterpret_cast<NMLVCUSTOMDRAW*>( pNM...

Need Rights to Exchange 5.5 Public Folder
I'm trying to find the location in Exchange Administrator that will allow me to be able to create a new folder in the public folders. When I go into Outlook and try and create a new item in All Public Folders it comes back and says You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this subject. Any help would be appreciated. if you mean a "top level" folder, go to the Configuration container, then in the right pane, double-click the "Information Store Site Configuration" object...on the "Top Level Folder Creation" tab, grant yourself per...

Automatic opening folders of unread email
I use to be able to assign a designated folder where an email is stored upon receipt. That folder then opened so I would know that I had unread mail. Now the folder does not open, and I am unaware of the fact that I have new, unread email. Does anyone know how to set this feature up? ...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

Is it mandatory to create a recovery farm for Item Level Recovery
We want to test Item Lever Recovery in Share Point.We have successfully did the backup but when we tried to restore test word file we are not able to select the original server as it is not in list. Is it mandatory to setup other server for RECOVERY FARM . After recovering individual item do we need to manyally copy file to original sharepoint server. -Tejas For SharePoint 2010 with DPM 2010, recovery is possible without recovery farm creation as well. But for older versions of SharePoint and/or with DPM 2007 recovery farm creation is required. Thanks, Praveen...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

Public Folder Replication of pdf Freedocs
We just upgraded on of our servers to Exchange 2003 and now pdf Freedocs will no longer replicate from a Exchange 2000 server (through Public Folders). Anyone run into this problem? All other freedocs we've tried (doc,xls, etc) have worked just fine. Specs: Windows 2000 SP4 plus all patches Exchange 2003 SP1 ...

Couldn't Set "Folder Visible" Permission on Outlook 2003
Hi everyone, I was following the instruction from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237825/en-us trying to set the permission of a 2nd mailbox from Outlook 2003. But I found I couldn't set the "Folder Visible" permission because it is grayed out. Interestly this same permission is available when I connected the same mailbox with Outlook 98 running on another machine. Does anyone know if there is any change to be made on Outlook 2003 so that the "Folder Visible" permission will be available because my Outlook 98 machine will be de-commissioned at any time? Thank...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

Using Mid Function with Pivot Table Calculated Item
Hi, I'm using excel 2007, I have a pivot table and I'm trying to create a calculated item, the formula for the Calculated item is: IF(MID('Project Title',7,1)="S", .20, .10) The Project Title field contains text and if the 7th character of the project title field is "S" I want the calculated item to return .20 otherwise ..10, but for some reason it is always returning .10. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks. Simon ...

Phone Message? Folder Customization?
My office is switching from GroupWise to Outlook. Is there a phone message form for outlook that I can download from somewhere? Also, outlook will not save my viewing preferences. Example, when I tell it not to group inbox messages, if I switch folders and then go back, outlook changes the view back to the default. What could be the cause? Any help would be appreciated. I guess I should specify that we are switching to Outlook Exchange 2003. Thanks "La Vonna" wrote: > My office is switching from GroupWise to Outlook. Is there a phone message > form for outlook th...