show new mails in public folder

hello,

our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to see if
a new message receive, where can I adjust this.

thank's for answeres.

best regards
Christain

In news:DBD8EFB5-F0CA-4705-B9C1-854040BA514E@microsoft.com,
Christian Weihs <ChristianWeihs@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> hello,
>
> our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to
> see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this.
>
> thank's for answeres.
>
> best regards
> Christain

What version of Outlook are you using?
If you look at the PF in your folder list (must add it to your PF favorites)
you can see the unread message count next to it.

0
lanwench (7567)
9/23/2005 2:32:44 PM
we've mostly outlook 2000 and we can not see the unread message count for a
public folder.

best regards
christian

In news:47BBB7D7-8F8B-47FA-8F5F-0389115EC8D7@microsoft.com,
Christian Weihs <ChristianWeihs@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> we've mostly outlook 2000 and we can not see the unread message count
> for a public folder.
>
> best regards
> christian

In any version of Outlook, even if it's been dragged the Public
Folder\Favorites?
Did someone maybe disable the unread message count in the PF properties on
the server?

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" schrieb:
>

>> In news:DBD8EFB5-F0CA-4705-B9C1-854040BA514E@microsoft.com,
>> Christian Weihs <ChristianWeihs@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>> hello,
>>>
>>> our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want
>>> to see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this.
>>>
>>> thank's for answeres.
>>>
>>> best regards
>>> Christain
>>
>> What version of Outlook are you using?
>> If you look at the PF in your folder list (must add it to your PF
>> favorites) you can see the unread message count next to it.

0
lanwench (7567)
9/24/2005 12:44:26 PM
the unread message count is active on the server, but i can't see this...

i'can't see the unread message count on pp\favorites, too.

best regards

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" schrieb:

> In news:47BBB7D7-8F8B-47FA-8F5F-0389115EC8D7@microsoft.com,
> Christian Weihs <ChristianWeihs@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> > we've mostly outlook 2000 and we can not see the unread message count
> > for a public folder.
> >
> > best regards
> > christian
>
> In any version of Outlook, even if it's been dragged the Public
> Folder\Favorites?
> Did someone maybe disable the unread message count in the PF properties on
> the server?
>

> > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" schrieb:
> >

> >> In news:DBD8EFB5-F0CA-4705-B9C1-854040BA514E@microsoft.com,
> >> Christian Weihs <ChristianWeihs@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> >> What version of Outlook are you using?
> >> If you look at the PF in your folder list (must add it to your PF
> >> favorites) you can see the unread message count next to it.

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Excel no more new fonts
I'm getting the message "no more new fonts may be applied to this workbook". How can I get around this? Thanks. Tuan, Any chance that you have a lot of charts in the workbook? There's a limit of 256 fonts in a workbook and each chart uses up two of them. Check here for more info. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;168650 John "Tuan Ma" <tma@conocophillips.com> wrote in message news:0e5201c365f4$c036d370$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I'm getting the message "no more new fonts may be applied > to this workbook". How can...

Storing e-mail while the Exchange Server is moved to a new location
Hi everyone. We will be moving our office to a new location in a few weeks. We have one Exchange Server behind the firewall and two anti-spam servers at the perimeter. The anti-spam servers have registered MX records and the Exchange Server does not. Mail is received externally by the anti-spam servers and forwarded internally to the Exchange Server. Our anti-spam servers and Exchange Server will all be moved at the same time so for a while we will not be able to receive e-mail. There are a few companies out there that have store and forward SMTP servers that can capture e-mail while o...

Adding a new part number.
If we choose "edit item" and to make a new part number everything is fine. When we choose "New Item" from the Items menu, then choose "standard Item" I get a run time 94 error "invalid use of null" Any thoughts? SJ This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_014A_01C4B158.92936C70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Run-time Error 94 "Invalid Use of NULL" When Editing Items in QuickSell = 2000 (869936) Confidential Article (The information in ...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

E-Mail Retention in Exchange 2003
I understand that email retention deletes mail from users "deleted items" folder for days set. Is there a way to delete any mail older than say 60 days, no matter what folders it's stored in (Inbox/Sent/etc)? -Marc Use the Mailbox Manager: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF012.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Marc" <trublu01gt@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d2a91915.0406021225.3ed4d681@posting.google.com... > I understand that email retention deletes mail from users "de...

Pulic Folder and Calender
Hi, I would like our users to access a shared calender that is also accessible via OWA? Is it possible to setup a Pulic Folder shared calender in Exchange 2003? If so how? many thanks, PL3 Basically, calendar in PF is open to everyone except changing it. You may set up a new folder from System Manager or Outlook. -- Ray MCSE+Internet, MCDBA, MCP "PL3" <plad22000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:72C903CB-29DF-4B6A-BFF8-1A0A56560EF7@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I would like our users to access a shared calender that is also accessible > via OWA? > Is it p...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Task folders in Outlook reproducing themselves,
Has anyone experienced this?? The Tasks folder in the folder pane replicates itself so there are 10 - 25 copies of it. Deleting them only works for a short time until it replicates itself again. We are running Outlook 2002 SP-1 w/Exchange 2000 server. Only one person is having this issue. Yes. I found that using the ffolder utility helped. I suspect that the Tasks folder was corrupt. I copied all of the tasks into another tasks folder then used the Ffolder utility to delete the folder. Then I used the Command-Line switch to rebuild the system folder and moved all of the tasks back into ...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

Scheduled automatic synchronize of offine folder with microsoft exchange server
Outlook 2000 SR-1 allowed a remote users to schedule a dailer to automatically dail the server and download email and synchronize files at at predetermined intervals. I can not locte this feature in outlook 2002. Help. If you have the fix, please email it to j-w- long@swbell.net ...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

Stop Outlook from auto placing new meeting requests on my calendar
My team has not been able to successfully prevent this from occurring. We've tried both solution 'a' and 'b' below, and neither work: Our goal: Keep meeting invitations off our calendar until we act on them in the inbox. Any help would be greatly appreciated A 1. On the Tools menu click Options 2. Click E-mail Options and then Tracking Options 3. Clear the Process requests and responses on arrival B. 1. On the Tools menu click options 2. Click Calendar Options and then Resource Scheduling 3. Uncheck "Automatically accept meetin...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Outlook 200 sp3 filtering my mail
I would like to be able to receive .exe files through email but it looks like microsoft has decided I don't need to be able to do this. Is there any way to get around outlook 2000's security so I can receive any of the group 1 files? Thanks Skot See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm But note, as a lot of security conscious mail/server/firewall admins are starting to block exe and other potentiallydangerous file types anyway, your best bet is to zip files, and have senders zip them before sending. Skott wrote: > I would like to be able to receive .exe files t...

Couldn't Set "Folder Visible" Permission on Outlook 2003
Hi everyone, I was following the instruction from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237825/en-us trying to set the permission of a 2nd mailbox from Outlook 2003. But I found I couldn't set the "Folder Visible" permission because it is grayed out. Interestly this same permission is available when I connected the same mailbox with Outlook 98 running on another machine. Does anyone know if there is any change to be made on Outlook 2003 so that the "Folder Visible" permission will be available because my Outlook 98 machine will be de-commissioned at any time? Thank...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

How to Serialize on a new line???
Hi All: I am using Visual C++ .NET for my MFC application. I am serializing an object repeatedly in a file. The problem is that when I open the file, all the serialized objects appear in one big straight line. What I want to do is to serialize each object starting on a new line so that it is more readable and easy to comprehend. The code that I am implementing in my Serialize function is as follows: void CDataStorage::Serialize(CArchive& ar) { CObject::Serialize( ar ); if(ar.IsLoading()) { ar >> m_nID; // UINT16 ar >> m_storeString; //CString } ...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

TransparentBlt doesn't show the bitmap in ME?
The following doesn't print the bitmap on ME while it works on 2k/xp, can someone help me? Though the status returns TRUE. Thanks. Jiac. CDC *hdc, bghdc; CBitmap bgBitmap; BITMAP bmpInfo; //loads bitmap into memory bgBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP5); // this bitmap has no needles // get bitmap info bgBitmap.GetBitmap(&bmpInfo); hdc = m_obj->GetDC(); bghdc.CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); bghdc.SelectObject(&bgBitmap); BOOL status = hdc->TransparentBlt(0, 0, 80, 80, &bghdc, 0, 0, 80, 80, TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR); //TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR if (st...