Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?

We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level
administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she
opens their shared calendars and edits them...

Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could
similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and
want their own individual contact lists)....

Any ideas appreciated...

Thanks!

Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other
user's Folder" and choose Contacts.

"Ken Montgomery" <KenMontgomery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level
> administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she
> opens their shared calendars and edits them...
>
> Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she
> could
> similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and
> want their own individual contact lists)....
>
> Any ideas appreciated...
>
> Thanks!

0
awebb7472 (650)
1/6/2006 8:47:27 PM
Could you just upload the PAB to the contacts in their mailboxes?

Not sure if Palm requires a PAB or not.  PABs aren't widely used anymore.  I
have heard rumor that they will eventually be phased out completely.
--
Jonathan
No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today??????

"Ken Montgomery" wrote:

> We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level
> administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she
> opens their shared calendars and edits them...
>
> Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could
> similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and
> want their own individual contact lists)....
>
> Any ideas appreciated...
>
> Thanks!
Ok, maybe I'm too much of a novice, but what folders?  Obviously I haven't
been doing exchange for long...

"andy webb" wrote:

> Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other
> user's Folder" and choose Contacts.
>

> "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontgomery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level
> > administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she
> > opens their shared calendars and edits them...
> >
> > Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she
> > could
> > similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and
> > want their own individual contact lists)....
> >
> > Any ideas appreciated...
> >
> > Thanks!

The Contacts folders on each mailbox you want the admin asst. to be able to
access.

Open the user's mailbox and right click the Contacts folder and choose
Properties, then on the security tab you can add the admin asst and specify
the rights granted.

> Ok, maybe I'm too much of a novice, but what folders?  Obviously I haven't
> been doing exchange for long...
>
> "andy webb" wrote:
>
>> Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open
>> Other
>> user's Folder" and choose Contacts.
>>

>> "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontgomery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level
>> > administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003,
>> > she
>> > opens their shared calendars and edits them...
>> >
>> > Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she
>> > could
>> > similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots
>> > and
>> > want their own individual contact lists)....
>> >
>> > Any ideas appreciated...
>> >
>> > Thanks!

0
awebb7472 (650)

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

Can't configure timeline. It just laughs at me.
When I right click and select Configure Timeline... I get no error message but nothing else happens either. What might cause this? It sounds like the Timeline solution is not running. Did the file come from a previous version of Visio? What version do you have now? -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Sherry" <nowhere@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OfgWl84rDHA.2252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > When I right click and select Configure Timeline... I get no error message > but ...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

Can I have partial superscripts in a functions including cell ref.
For example, in the function ="3. As of "&TEXT($A$9,"mm/dd/yy") &"(1)" is there any way to make the (1) superscript? Hi no you can't -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DF9DD8C2-0020-44F1-97D1-24179D59C053@microsoft.com... > For example, in the function ="3. As of "&TEXT($A$9,"mm/dd/yy") &"(1)" is > there any way to make the (1) superscript? ...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

Can a macro be made to work based on a formula?
Is it possible to have a macro run based on the answer to a question? If the answer to a certain question is yes then the macro would run. ...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

Calendar as a Public Folder
Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how to set it up. John: Please see the microsoft.public.exchange.setup thread titled "setting up shared/public calendar" dated Wednesday, August 18, 2004. Regards, Martin "John Barr" <jbarr@toobrands.com> wrote in message news:219701c48612$84d08d50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a > Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how > to set it up. Hi John, Assuming you have everything setup a...

Outlook Contacts Setup Help Needed
I recently reinstalled Windows XP Pro on my computer and then reinstalled Outlook 2003 and updated everything. I saved my old outlook.pst file and put it back where it belongs. My contacts show up in contacts and my email is in the right place. I setup my account info and everything is working fine except when I send a new message and then click on "To" field I get the following error message "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted or you do not have permissions. F...

Mr. Kabel, Can you help me with this?
Going back to the question about making a cell show an X just by clicking on it. Can you walk me through the steps with programming the cell to do this. Came we talk thru reg. e-mail? leeandrebecca@cox.net thanks. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Application.EnableEvents = False On Error GoTo sub_exit If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A100")) Is Nothing Then With Target If .Value = "a" Then .Value = "" Else .Value = "a" .Font.Name = ...

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

Multiple identical contact entries
Hello, Can anyone help me with this strange situation? On Outlook 2003, with ActivCard Gold 3.0, when a digitally signed message comes in and I open it I consistently receive a pop up message stating: You are reading a signed or encrypted email. To send an encrypted reply to the sender of this email, create a contact with the senders email address. Do you want to create a contact with this senders email address? Then I hit "ok" to save the entry in contact. When I receive another digitally signed message, from the same individual I receive the same pop up message. If I hit &quo...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...

Sharing the Entourage calendar
Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there a way to automate it so that it saves and uploads to my website? On 7/6/04 11:03 pm, in article fc11fd4e.0406071403.192a07bf@posting.google.com, "Michel" <michel@neray.com> wrote: > Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my > assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web > function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there...

Can I create an auto refresh pivot table for novice users?
I am attempting to create a spreadsheet that would be used by novice users to record their time spent at various locations. This information would then be printed and forwarded to HR for payroll. I can't rely on the spreadsheet users to refresh the data, can I create a form control or something to refresh the data before printing? ...

RemoteApp is the solution to share .pst files
RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst files over in local network or the internet! At last, no need for Exchange. ss. Alas, still not supported for .psts on a network share. Use at your own = risk. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message = news:%23sexHtIuIHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst fi...

shared workbook
I have a shared workbook. Once in a while, I cannot uncheck the allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This option in the shared workbook under the tools menu is grayed out. Other times this option is available. Can someone please tell me why this option becomes unavailable. ...

Cannot accept Calendar meeting
I cannot accept calendar meetings with 2007. I receive the email with the celendar request, there is just no icons to accept/decline. Any ideas? I rin Office 2007 in Windowws XP ...

Windows Mail can't receive attachment from Outlook 2003
My friend using Outlook 2003 send a email that content attachment to me ( using Windows Mail) and the others friend that (using Outlook 2007). I can received the email but the attachment is missing, but the others friend he can received this email and the attachment together. Any solutions for this issue? Please help. Ask your friend (and any other Outlook users) to only send messages to you in Plain Text format, especially if there's an attachment. Keen wrote: > My friend using Outlook 2003 send a email that content attachment to me ( > using Windows Mail) an...

can bin range for histograms be on a different worksheet?
I'm doing the histograms for a bunch of test data like I've done the past few years. However, I have a new machine and new version of office (Office 2004 X)... So, I have all the data on one work sheet- it's 1800+ rows, and I use auto-filter to pare down to the sub-sets I want to histogram. Here is the problem, however. I used to have a worksheet to put the bin ranges on. It used to work just fine that way. Now, however, it appears to not like the bin range reference if it refers to other than the worksheet with the data? That sucks if it's true, and will make Exc...

windows live mail "contents of this message can not be found"
Randomly get this "contents of this message can not be found" when checking headers. Using Windows Live Mail with Windows 7. Jeff "JSan" <jsweisel@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#ZV1zPWvKHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Randomly get this "contents of this message can not be found" when > checking headers. Using Windows Live Mail with Windows 7. Try turning on troubleshooting logging and look at the log for more clues. However, IMO the built-in diagnostics are usually insufficient so I would supplement whatever is there wi...

How can a put a footnote on all outbound smtp mail?
Cheers http://groups.google.com/groups?num=20&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&newwindow=1&q=disclaimer+exchange "Oz" <oz@No.whey.com> skrev i melding news:e26j7tq78zoi$.bcy5peex0yam$.dlg@40tude.net... > Cheers ...

Share your Sharing Wisdom
I hope someone can help me out here. In my Outlook I have tons of subordinate folders within Outlook Today and my Inbox. I literally have 104 to be exact. My question is how can I share all of these to another user so they can access EVERYTHING? I know how to give them permission and add my account to their Outlook view but how can I apply permissions to all of the folders instead of doing them one by one? Please help me if you can. I'm scared of the possibility of a daunting task the looms in my forecast. I sincerely appreciate any and all effort one provides in resolving...