Shared Mailbox to User Mailbox

I have a user account on our Exchange 2007 server, the account used to be
Exchange 2003, and before that Exchange 2000, and has been moved along with
each migration.

The account is a Shared Mailbox, and she cannot use Outlook Web Access.  She
says she has not been able to in the last 6 years, which is how long her
account has been around.

I would like to know how to change her account from a Shared Mailbox to a
User Mailbox without deleting and recreating a new account.

Thanks,

Tim

0
Tim

Set-Mailbox -Identity "Shared_Mailbox_Name" -Type Regular

Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Tim" <tim@fu.com> wrote in message
>I have a user account on our Exchange 2007 server, the account used to be
>Exchange 2003, and before that Exchange 2000, and has been moved along with
>each migration.
>
> The account is a Shared Mailbox, and she cannot use Outlook Web Access.
> She says she has not been able to in the last 6 years, which is how long
> her account has been around.
>
> I would like to know how to change her account from a Shared Mailbox to a
> User Mailbox without deleting and recreating a new account.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim

0
Ed

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Assign a task from a Public Folder to another user
Hello, I am trying to organize a large scale tasks tickler system where everyone can view the master task list and where senior managers can can assign tasks to subordinates. My first approach was to create the task folder in a public folder. Much to my dismay there doesn't seem to be any way to assign the task to another user and still monitor the task in the master public folder task list. First there was no "assign task" command on the toolbar. After adding the "assign task" icon I discovered that the task was added to my personal task list vice the master task li...

accessing another users mailbox from administrator account.
How can access someonle else mailbox from Administrators account throug OWA. i have no problem to accesss this from out look. thanks in advance. When going to OWA specify the mailbox you want to get into in the URL, for instance http://<servername>/exchange/<mailbox alias>. Then put your admin account and password in the logon screen. -Peter "thushya" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9e8201c486e5$97ed4a80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can access someonle else mailbox from Administrators > account throug OWA. > i have no problem t...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

Active Directory user authentication problem
Hi There I have a piece of code that I am using to authenticate users of active directory, is very straightforward, here it is. IADsOpenDSObject *pDSO = NULL; //this is just a result code HRESULT hr = S_OK; hr = ADsGetObject(L"LDAP:", IID_IADsOpenDSObject, (void**) &pDSO); if (SUCCEEDED(hr)) { IDispatch *pDisp; hr = pDSO->OpenDSObject(CComBSTR("LDAP://uk.mycompany.com"), CComBSTR(username), CComBSTR(password), ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION, &pDisp); } My problem is that the HRESULT error code returned when someone trys to login incorrec...

Deleted SystemMailbox user account
Hello all... I'm running Exchange 2003, on Windows 2003. Some kind soul was deleting disabled accounts, and blew out the SystemMailbox accounts as well. The actual mailbox is still there, so it's possible that the user account (now tombstoned) may be recoverable. If I right-click on the mailbox, I have the option to Reconnect it to a user account. Is there any reason why I can't re-create the SystemMailbox account, following the instructions in Microsoft article 316622, except without creating the mailbox? Then, reconnect the existing mailbox with the new user account. I un...

Excel file opened as read-only, if saved by another user
I have two users defined in my XP system. Let'c call them "A" (admin) and "B". If I save an excel file in the Shared Folder as user "A", then user B can only open it as Read-only. However, if user B saves it, then user A has no problem in open it as a read/write file. It hasn't always been like this, in the past I had no problems in updating this file regardless of how I logged in. Why does this happen? Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be updated? How can I correct it? Rgds, GeEf GeEf, Open the file, (either user) and look in the Share Fi...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

How do i redirect a copy off all inkomming mail to one mailbox ?
Hi ! we use Exchange server 5.5 and we hope that anyone can help us. By tell us step by step how we enter an utside mail adress that will get an copy off all inkoming mail to a exchange user. Hello: From Exchange Administrator - Create a new custom recipient for the external address: FILE > NEW > CUSTOM RECIPIENT > INTERNET ADDRESS - Open the properties of the mailbox that you want all mail forwarded from > go the DELIVERY OPTIONS tab > under ALTERNATE RECIPIENT > click MODIFY and select the custom recipient you just created. Select the option to "deliver messa...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

Creating User Account & Mailbox for thousand of users
Hi All My company is running Microsoft Exchange 2003 enterprise. I can create user account and mailbox using manually method. How can I create user account + mailbox for 500 users using script or import file? Please help me. Thank you ...

Permission messed up after moving mailboxes between servers
All of our mailboxes were on an Exchange 2000 server built on a Windows 2000 server, which was also a DC before. Recently we setup a new server (Windows 2003 + Exchange 2003) and move all mailboxes to the new server. Except adding this Win2K3 server into our Win2K domain as member server, there is no other change on the domain. After the big move, almost everything worked as before except that I no longer have permission to open other user's mailboxes. Nothing about my security has been changed, I was a member of the following security groups and it was like that for a long time: - A...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

Export-Mailbox
My environment is single domain, single forest, single Exchange 2007 SP1 server running all email services. Question - Is there a limit to the number of keyword search terms you can use when using the Export-Mailbox cmdlet? Due to a legal action I need to export all email from our Exchange 2007 server that has certain keywords. I have figured out how to do this using Exchange management shell, the export-mailbox cmdlet, and the -contentkeywords filter. I have successfully ran several test exports using this filter with up to 15 or 20 keywords specified. However I need to ...

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...

Sharing the Entourage calendar
Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there a way to automate it so that it saves and uploads to my website? On 7/6/04 11:03 pm, in article fc11fd4e.0406071403.192a07bf@posting.google.com, "Michel" <michel@neray.com> wrote: > Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my > assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web > function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there...

Moving mails to a different user
One of our employee had quit and we want to move all his current and new emails to other employee (who already has a mail box). How could this be achieved? Thanks in advance. I am using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 you can either just rename the account of the person who's left to the new person's name; or you could (if you have mailbox retention configured) delete the mailbox, then after cleanup is run, attach the mailbox to the new user's account - re-add the departed user's original smtp address as a secondary address; or you use exmerge to make a copy of the old user...

Can I create an auto refresh pivot table for novice users?
I am attempting to create a spreadsheet that would be used by novice users to record their time spent at various locations. This information would then be printed and forwarded to HR for payroll. I can't rely on the spreadsheet users to refresh the data, can I create a form control or something to refresh the data before printing? ...

Simple Question!! 2000 SBS user without client
Hi All I have a 2000SBS with intergrated (if thats the right word?) exchange server. I have multiple users: ie joe bloggs with email: joe.bloggs@domain.co.uk Users access their email via MS outlook Client. We have a user called 'info' - their for creating info@domain.co.uk How do i go about setting joe bloggs to collect info's email? Would it be forwarding, alias'es, two accounts on one email client???????? Please advise this simple task. Info was created as a user - only for the email address purpose, i guess this should have been only created as an Alias in the first p...

Issue with adding users into CRM system.
Hi, we have following issue with adding users into CRM system. We have succesfully deployed CRM 4.0 server but when we are trying to add new users it is possible - we can add them in the CRM users tool but when they try to log into system via web interface they are unable to do it. Only the way how to have them succesfully loged in is to add them manually into the active directory group which has the administrative rights for the OU where CRM is deployed - but this is not the right way how the users should be added. Could you please advise the solution for this issue? Hi Martin, Have...

Needed: a good MS-SQL book for Access users
Can anyone here recommend a good read for an accomplished Access user (my client) to get familiar with MS-SQL? In particular, he will be training others to use Access as a (read-only) front-end reporting tool, so he will probably need a pretty good understanding of views and sprocs that call them. I don't want to overwhelm him, though. Any Access users out there who have a suggestion? TIA--Big Slim "Microsoft Access Developer's Guide to SQL Server" by Mary Chipman and Andy Baron. -- --Roger Carlson www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Reply to: Roger dot Carlson at Spectrum...

RemoteApp is the solution to share .pst files
RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst files over in local network or the internet! At last, no need for Exchange. ss. Alas, still not supported for .psts on a network share. Use at your own = risk. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message = news:%23sexHtIuIHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst fi...

shared workbook
I have a shared workbook. Once in a while, I cannot uncheck the allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This option in the shared workbook under the tools menu is grayed out. Other times this option is available. Can someone please tell me why this option becomes unavailable. ...