Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003

I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails.
But how do I make a shared public folder for each company?
The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the
actual company.

/C
0
kofo (7)

COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote:

>I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails.
>But how do I make a shared public folder for each company?
>The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the
>actual company.

Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't
include the "folder visible" permission unless it's appropriate.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
Rich Matheisen [MVP] wrote:
> COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote:
>

>>I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails.
>>But how do I make a shared public folder for each company?
>>The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the
>>actual company.
>

> Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't
> include the "folder visible" permission unless it's appropriate.

But where do I change that?
In system manager?

/C
0
kofo (7)
11/6/2005 10:05:05 PM
COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote:

>Rich Matheisen [MVP] wrote:
>> COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote:
>>

>>>I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails.
>>>But how do I make a shared public folder for each company?
>>>The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the
>>>actual company.
>>

>> Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't
>> include the "folder visible" permission unless it's appropriate.
>>
>But where do I change that?
>In system manager?

You can do it there, or the owner of the folder can assign the
permissions from their Outlook client.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Money 2003 trial version
Every time i shut down the computer money seem to uninstall.The program is still active,but when I reopen it money try to reinstall asking for it's path,and there is no way to reopen unless uninstalling and reinstalling. ...

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Exchange 5.5
We are in the process of planning a migration from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. As part of the pre migration tasks, I want to tidy up the number of public folders we have. I have a problem though. There are a number of public folders that show up, that were hosted on a now decomissioned (as we sold that part of the business) servers. So when you try to view the properties of the foler you can't, as the folder was on the old server. I then cannot delete the public folder! How can i get rid of the reference to the old public folder(s) on our current Exchange servers? Thanks On Thu, 1...

Assign a task from a Public Folder to another user
Hello, I am trying to organize a large scale tasks tickler system where everyone can view the master task list and where senior managers can can assign tasks to subordinates. My first approach was to create the task folder in a public folder. Much to my dismay there doesn't seem to be any way to assign the task to another user and still monitor the task in the master public folder task list. First there was no "assign task" command on the toolbar. After adding the "assign task" icon I discovered that the task was added to my personal task list vice the master task li...

Exchange 5.5 ETRN
Hello all; I have an Exchange 5.5 server, and dedicated Internet access. I need to use Exchange's ETRN feature only for the rare occasion when/if my Exchange server becomes unavailable to the rest of the world (server crashes, T1 goes down, etc). I will have my ISP be the second MX preference for my domain so if/when our mail server goes down, mail will be delivered to (and queue'd by) my ISP's mail server. My question is... how do you configure your Exchange 5.5 server to periodically send an ETRN to my ISP's mail host and check for messages? I'm thinking that it sh...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

locking excel documents in a folder
Is it possible to have a folder with numerous excel documents in it; that can be accessed by anyone and modified by anyone, but No-one can remove them from the folder? Regards Hoyt Not an Excel issue......a Windows issue. Start>Help and Support "file and folder permissions" I think you will find that if users have full access to the folder, they have deleting permissions. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 07:37:02 -0700, hoyt <hoyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to have a folder with numerous excel documents in it; that can >...

All public folders are not viewable
I have a user who has the pulic folder directory in Outlook with the expanded All public folders listed. Once he clicks on All public folders the screen pops up a message saying this view is unavailable. We just migrated to an Exchange 2003 server and everyone else had access to the public folders except this user. Thanks, Steve Try creating a new mail profile here: Control Panel->Mail Icon->Profiles->New. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be delet...

exchange 2003 SP2 cluster group move to other Administrative Group
I have multiple exchange servers with connectors and mailboxes in the same Site. One server is in State A, one in State B and one in State C. I just added another clustered server to my 2003 AD domain in State A and am using the Connectors from the other server in State A to route traffic through. I have created another Admin Group and want to move the new Exchange over to this new AG. The only options I am being given is to create a new Connector in this new AG. How can I move the new Exchange Server over to this new AG? I searched articles to no avail. Thanks in advance. Are you t...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

two PC's connecting to a single email account on Exchange 2003
I have setup a user with a office and a home PC. When the home PC's Outlook was configured it received the email from the Exchange server, but now the old email messages don't show up in Outlook on the office PC. I don't think this is normal and it seems like it is probably an easy fix, but I am not sure where to look. Any suggestions will help. Thanks, Giff it was most likely downloaded to a personal folder. How is the person accessing the mailbox from home? pop3? that is the problem. You'd be better off with a VPN setup...that way, all the mail can stay in the E...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Publisher 2003 & Office Assistant
Hello- I just installed Publisher 2003 and have begun receiving an error message every time I try to open any of the Office 2000 programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). The message reads: "The Office Assistant could not be started. Please repair the Assistant by running Office 2000 setup and selecting Repair Office 2000". When I open Publisher 2003 I get the error message: "There are no Office Assistant character files present on the system. Please run setup in Maintenance mode and install at least one character". I have read about a similar problem in this discussion gro...

Calendar as a Public Folder
Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how to set it up. John: Please see the microsoft.public.exchange.setup thread titled "setting up shared/public calendar" dated Wednesday, August 18, 2004. Regards, Martin "John Barr" <jbarr@toobrands.com> wrote in message news:219701c48612$84d08d50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can someone tell me how to setup a public folder as a > Calendar? I have seen it in the past, but do not know how > to set it up. Hi John, Assuming you have everything setup a...

Unable to delete "sent" mail from folder
I am running Outlook 2000. Currently my Sent mail folder is approx. 58 meg. I am unable to delete or archive "sent" messages from as far back as October 2001. I get the message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error". This only happens in this folder. I suspect it may relate to relocating my .pst files from the server to my local folder "c:/docs&settings/myusername/local settings/application data/microsoft/outlook". Or it could relate to migrating from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2000 (which occured before I moved the .pst file). Any thoughts?...

[Outlook 2003] Reply to external email
Hi, I have outlook 2003 installed and we are using Microsoft Exchange and Pop3/smtp server account Those 2 server are configured on my outlook. When I receive e-mail from poeple in my office, I can reply to them with no problem. But when I receive e-mail from external user, when I do a reply, I receive this error : 501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from xxx@hshs.com to jdjdjd@kfkf.com for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. I know that when I reply to external user, I just have to change the account (Microsoft exchange) to send the mail and its working fine. But I would like to know ...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...

Sharing the Entourage calendar
Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there a way to automate it so that it saves and uploads to my website? On 7/6/04 11:03 pm, in article fc11fd4e.0406071403.192a07bf@posting.google.com, "Michel" <michel@neray.com> wrote: > Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my > assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web > function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there...

RemoteApp is the solution to share .pst files
RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst files over in local network or the internet! At last, no need for Exchange. ss. Alas, still not supported for .psts on a network share. Use at your own = risk. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message = news:%23sexHtIuIHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst fi...

Exchange Deployment Tools (Invalid Char)
Exch5.5 to 2003 migration. I run Exchange Deployment Tools and choose Deploy First Exch Server, Coexistence with Exch5.5. I'm stuck at phase 1, step 3 - Run DSScopeScan and OrgNameCheck. All resulting logs look ok except 1 thing where it says (in orgnamecheck.log): #*** Organization and Site Names Check began: 05/16/2006 15:26:17 Server name: exch55server ***# Warning: Organization or Site Relative Distinguished Name (RDN) 'Company Name , Inc' in the Exchange 5.5 directory contains a leading space, a trailing space, one or more of ,=+<>#\"*() characters, or too many qu...

shared workbook
I have a shared workbook. Once in a while, I cannot uncheck the allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This option in the shared workbook under the tools menu is grayed out. Other times this option is available. Can someone please tell me why this option becomes unavailable. ...

Exchange...
How do I exchange the following Pascal code (record) to the new VB2010 (or 2008): Array (0..6) of record pieceLetter : char pieceWorth : Integer pieceStart : Integer pieceEnd : Integer pieceVector : Boolean End I tryed this text into 2010 but there it is fault. What I'm doing wrong? Thank you, Eric Hi, This is the Structure statement : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k69kzbs1(VS.71).aspx -- Patrice "Eric van Dijken" <evandijken@invalid.nl> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : 4b99095f$0$14133$7...