share smtp domain

We have users offsite using ISP pop service with same domain name as internal
Exchange server. I tried to setup smtp domain sharing following the article
no. 321721, Sharing SMTP address spaces in Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange
Server 2003. Everything works fine except that the reply email address become
exchange.companydomain.com, not companydomain.com. Is there another way to
setup the smtp domain sharing without changing the reply email address of
Exchange accounts? Any help will be appreciated.
0
jeffers (5)

Try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721/en-us

Nue
"Jeffers" <Jeffers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have users offsite using ISP pop service with same domain name as
> internal
> Exchange server. I tried to setup smtp domain sharing following the
> article
> no. 321721, Sharing SMTP address spaces in Exchange 2000 Server and
> Exchange
> Server 2003. Everything works fine except that the reply email address
> become
> exchange.companydomain.com, not companydomain.com. Is there another way to
> setup the smtp domain sharing without changing the reply email address of
> Exchange accounts? Any help will be appreciated.

0
imaneophyte (3005)
1/24/2006 9:10:15 PM
Did you create a higher priority recipient policy to make sure users get the
correct address (as mentioned in the kba)?
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Jeffers" <Jeffers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have users offsite using ISP pop service with same domain name as
> internal
> Exchange server. I tried to setup smtp domain sharing following the
> article
> no. 321721, Sharing SMTP address spaces in Exchange 2000 Server and
> Exchange
> Server 2003. Everything works fine except that the reply email address
> become
> exchange.companydomain.com, not companydomain.com. Is there another way to
> setup the smtp domain sharing without changing the reply email address of
> Exchange accounts? Any help will be appreciated.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
1/24/2006 9:12:51 PM
I just tried it again and it works this time. I don't know why it did not
work last night. Thanks a lot for the hint.

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> Did you create a higher priority recipient policy to make sure users get the
> correct address (as mentioned in the kba)?
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "Jeffers" <Jeffers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have users offsite using ISP pop service with same domain name as
> > internal
> > Exchange server. I tried to setup smtp domain sharing following the
> > article
> > no. 321721, Sharing SMTP address spaces in Exchange 2000 Server and
> > Exchange
> > Server 2003. Everything works fine except that the reply email address
> > become
> > exchange.companydomain.com, not companydomain.com. Is there another way to
> > setup the smtp domain sharing without changing the reply email address of
> > Exchange accounts? Any help will be appreciated.

0
jeffers (5)

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

Hosting Multiple Domains
I have the need to host e-mail addresses from different domains within Exchange. I have created a recipiant policy that states that all people within an OU have two e-mail addresses, one default, the other not. When I create users in the OU the Policy does not go in to effect. E-mail addresses are only listed for the first domain. When I add the subsiquent addresses exchange does not seem to pick up mail for them. The MX Records for both domains point to the same machine. Any Ideas? Thanks In Advance. PS: Exchange 2003 EE, on Windows 2003 EE, HW: AMD 3200+, 1GB Ram. You cannot...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

redundant SMTP connectors
I have tried to setup 2 oputbound SMTP connectors with diferent costs, in the hope that if the least cost connector failed it would then use the higher cost connector. However this does not happen, and as far as I can gather the higher cost connector will never be used (when there is overlapping address space). I can add multple servers as bridgeheads in one connector to achieve redundancy, but would prefer to have control of a prefered outbound bridgehead and a backup outbound bridgehead. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this with Exchange 2003 SP2. Thanks, Marcus Hey Marcus, ...

POP3/SMTP
Sir, We are using Exchange 2003, For Pop3/SMTP user delivered mails are getting redelivered once again after 1 or 2 days. Pls provide me an solution regards Sathish Kumar ...

CRM + Exchange Problem (using a different domain)
Hi All, We run a hosted exchange environment here and I want to get CRM working with it. The only prob I'm facing is that CRM can only read the email accounts that reside in the domain that it's in. We have a scenario where we have domaina.com and all the email accounts we have are for companya.com, companyb.com etc. None of these accounts show up when I'm trying to assign licences to them, the only ones that show up are ones with an email account in the domaina.com domain. My questions to further this then are: Can CRM be configured to use mailbox enabled user accounts that don...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...

Sharing the Entourage calendar
Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there a way to automate it so that it saves and uploads to my website? On 7/6/04 11:03 pm, in article fc11fd4e.0406071403.192a07bf@posting.google.com, "Michel" <michel@neray.com> wrote: > Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my > assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web > function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there...

shared workbook
I have a shared workbook. Once in a while, I cannot uncheck the allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This option in the shared workbook under the tools menu is grayed out. Other times this option is available. Can someone please tell me why this option becomes unavailable. ...

RemoteApp is the solution to share .pst files
RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst files over in local network or the internet! At last, no need for Exchange. ss. Alas, still not supported for .psts on a network share. Use at your own = risk. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message = news:%23sexHtIuIHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst fi...

Share your Sharing Wisdom
I hope someone can help me out here. In my Outlook I have tons of subordinate folders within Outlook Today and my Inbox. I literally have 104 to be exact. My question is how can I share all of these to another user so they can access EVERYTHING? I know how to give them permission and add my account to their Outlook view but how can I apply permissions to all of the folders instead of doing them one by one? Please help me if you can. I'm scared of the possibility of a daunting task the looms in my forecast. I sincerely appreciate any and all effort one provides in resolving...

How can a put a footnote on all outbound smtp mail?
Cheers http://groups.google.com/groups?num=20&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&newwindow=1&q=disclaimer+exchange "Oz" <oz@No.whey.com> skrev i melding news:e26j7tq78zoi$.bcy5peex0yam$.dlg@40tude.net... > Cheers ...

hide/close/delete shared account
(bear with me. i'm new and although this is my second time trying to set up money, i've run into the same problem and have yet to find the answer in the forum.) i have four bank accounts and one is shared with a family member. i don't want this account to show up at all in money essentials. i tried "closing" it. i tried "hiding" it. i tried "deleting" it. but each time i go back to "categorize my transactions," transactions from that account are still there. The problem here is that Money is designed (and Money Essentials (MEss) even ...

SMTP error
Using Exchange 2003 SP1 on Win2003 SP1. I am able to send mail internally and externally. However I'm having problems with only 1 remote domain. I have a number of messages waiting for this domain in the queue. I'm getting the following error: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Protocol Event ID: 7004 Description: This is an SMTP protocol error log for virtual server ID 1, connection #3. The remote host "217.37.245.235", responded to the SMTP command "xexch50" with "500 5.5.1 Unrecognized command ...

Macro error when file is shared
I have a macro that works fine when the file is not shared, but when it is shared I get "Run-time error '1004': AdvancedFilter method of Range class failed". Can you not run macros in a shared file ? My macro is show below: Sub processdrg() ' ' processdrg Macro ' Macro recorded 8/24/2005 by EDreshfield ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+d ' Range("drgcode").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CopyToRange:=Range( _ "drg"), Unique:=True Application.Goto Reference:="drgextract" Range("drgextract"...

Resource Sharing
I have a project named Resources.mpp. I share it accross many other projects. The other projects have many task names that are the same. When looking at the resource.mpp file, how do I know which project the tasks are coming from if they all have the same name? Hi Ben, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :) Try Inserting the column for "Project" in the appropriate view. FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be seen at this web address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :) ...

got error message '=SMTP' on email adress box
can anyone help - just set up outlook and tried to send an email but go =SMTP and a box saying outlook does not recognise name Learn how to post a question: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, emmie asked: | can anyone help - just set up outlook and tried to send an email but | go =3DSMTP and a box saying outlook does not recognise name ...

Redundant SMTP Outgoing Paths
We have one backend Exchange 2003 server in the headoffice. This server is also a bridgehead server for outgoing smtp. We have another server in a remote location which has its own internet access and is also connected to head office Exchange server via a dedicated T1 connection. We are trying to set them up so that during normal operation, all the email goes out through the headoffice Exchange server. If the Internet connection has a problem in head office, we'd like the email to go out of the one in the remote office. We have set up two SMTP connectors. One uses the headoffice s...

Cannot share calendars
We are using Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange. When we open up Outlook 2003 the "Share My Calendar" link is not visible in the Navigation pane, even though we are using the Exchange server that came with SBS 2003. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Daryl ...

Sharing Violations
I am in an office that has a novell server setup. I am able to access excel files on the server, but if I try to save an excel file to the server, I get a sharing violation message and my file is saved as a temporary file. This problem began occuring this week - prior to that time I had no problems. No other application we use, including other Office applications is affected by this. I checked network settings and it appears that they are all set correctly. Has anyone else experienced this type problem? Have you checked to make sure that you have the Novell assigned rights to save to the...