Several usernames, several domains

Hello.

My boss frequently gets his name misspelled and has six additional e-mail
aliases to cover this. He also has 18 domains. So now when we're moving to
Exchange 2003 he's getting 7x18 addresses. Thats no problem in my book, Email
recipeint policies covers adding the 18 domains, but.... how to make every
policy cover the seven aliases?

best

0
Kristofer (7)

You don't need to.  Just add the aliases manually to the user account.  As
long as the domains are the same, you're covered for him receiving mail
properly.  You only need one recipient policy for each inbound domain to
cover routing of mail, although you can have multiples to cover automatic
address generation alternatives.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Kristofer" <Kristofer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> My boss frequently gets his name misspelled and has six additional e-mail
> aliases to cover this. He also has 18 domains. So now when we're moving to
> Exchange 2003 he's getting 7x18 addresses. Thats no problem in my book,
> Email
> recipeint policies covers adding the 18 domains, but.... how to make every
> policy cover the seven aliases?
>
> best

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/25/2006 5:32:30 PM
Oh sorry, I got the terminology mixed up, what I meant was:

When I add another (SMTP) domain to my recipient policy, every user who is a
member of that policy gets a new (SMTP) alias such as:
USERNAMN@NEWDOMAIN.COM.

Id like set up my users so they get
USERNAME1@NEWDOMAIN.COM
USERNAME2@NEWDOMAIN.COM
USERNAME3@NEWDOMAIN.COM
USERNAME4@NEWDOMAIN.COM
USERNAME5@NEWDOMAIN.COM
etc

when I add and apply a new domain to my recipient policy.

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> You don't need to.  Just add the aliases manually to the user account.  As
> long as the domains are the same, you're covered for him receiving mail
> properly.  You only need one recipient policy for each inbound domain to
> cover routing of mail, although you can have multiples to cover automatic
> address generation alternatives.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Kristofer" <Kristofer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello.
> >
> > My boss frequently gets his name misspelled and has six additional e-mail
> > aliases to cover this. He also has 18 domains. So now when we're moving to
> > Exchange 2003 he's getting 7x18 addresses. Thats no problem in my book,
> > Email
> > recipeint policies covers adding the 18 domains, but.... how to make every
> > policy cover the seven aliases?
> >
> > best

0
Kristofer (7)
9/25/2006 6:35:02 PM
I'm not sure what you want.  Plese post your policy exactly as it appears in
ESM.
--

> Oh sorry, I got the terminology mixed up, what I meant was:
>
> When I add another (SMTP) domain to my recipient policy, every user who is
> member of that policy gets a new (SMTP) alias such as:
> USERNAMN@NEWDOMAIN.COM.
>
> Id like set up my users so they get
> USERNAME1@NEWDOMAIN.COM
> USERNAME2@NEWDOMAIN.COM
> USERNAME3@NEWDOMAIN.COM
> USERNAME4@NEWDOMAIN.COM
> USERNAME5@NEWDOMAIN.COM
> etc
>
> when I add and apply a new domain to my recipient policy.
>

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You don't need to.  Just add the aliases manually to the user account.
>> As
>> long as the domains are the same, you're covered for him receiving mail
>> properly.  You only need one recipient policy for each inbound domain to
>> cover routing of mail, although you can have multiples to cover automatic
>> address generation alternatives.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "Kristofer" <Kristofer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello.
>> >
>> > My boss frequently gets his name misspelled and has six additional
>> > e-mail
>> > aliases to cover this. He also has 18 domains. So now when we're moving
>> > Exchange 2003 he's getting 7x18 addresses. Thats no problem in my book,
>> > Email
>> > recipeint policies covers adding the 18 domains, but.... how to make
>> > every
>> > policy cover the seven aliases?
>> >
>> > best

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/25/2006 9:22:51 PM
ok I will post later with the policy, What I mean is that when I add
@J_random_domain.com to my policy and apply it my users my users get new
e-mail addresses.

More specifically they get: username@J_random_domain.com

I want to set up some users so that when I add a new domain they get several
new email addresses based on _a list of aliases_.  Maybe I misunderstood
something and this is a readily avalable feature and i just don't see it in
front of me.

I'll post later with the policy

/Krisotfer

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> I'm not sure what you want.  Plese post your policy exactly as it appears in
> ESM.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Kristofer" <Kristofer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Oh sorry, I got the terminology mixed up, what I meant was:
> >
> > When I add another (SMTP) domain to my recipient policy, every user who is
> > member of that policy gets a new (SMTP) alias such as:
> > USERNAMN@NEWDOMAIN.COM.
> >
> > Id like set up my users so they get
> > USERNAME1@NEWDOMAIN.COM
> > USERNAME2@NEWDOMAIN.COM
> > USERNAME3@NEWDOMAIN.COM
> > USERNAME4@NEWDOMAIN.COM
> > USERNAME5@NEWDOMAIN.COM
> > etc
> >
> > when I add and apply a new domain to my recipient policy.
> >

> > "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> You don't need to.  Just add the aliases manually to the user account.
> >> As
> >> long as the domains are the same, you're covered for him receiving mail
> >> properly.  You only need one recipient policy for each inbound domain to
> >> cover routing of mail, although you can have multiples to cover automatic
> >> address generation alternatives.
> >> --
> >> Ed Crowley
> >> MVP - Exchange
> >> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
> >>
> >> "Kristofer" <Kristofer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Kristofer (7)
9/26/2006 7:44:02 AM
Ok Im getting all of the terminology wrong. Sorry for that. I'm not making
any sense  I guess.

definition of parts of e-mail address:

username@mybiz.com
localpart     domain

When I add a new domain to my recipient policy I like some users to get
several e-mail addresses added to their user profile. These new addresses
should be constructed in this fashion:

list of localparts:
<username>
<username spelled wrong1>
<username spelled wrong2>
....etc

new domain name:
@mybiz_two.com

new addresses added to user:
<username>@mybiz_two.com
<username spelled wrong1>@mybiz_two.com
<username spelled wrong2>@mybiz_two.com
.... etc

I just get:
<username>@mybiz_two.com
as usual.

0
Kristofer (7)
9/26/2006 8:48:02 AM
How would the policy know what "username spelled wrong1" is?
--

> Ok Im getting all of the terminology wrong. Sorry for that. I'm not making
> any sense  I guess.
>
> definition of parts of e-mail address:
>
> username@mybiz.com
> localpart     domain
>

> When I add a new domain to my recipient policy I like some users to get
> several e-mail addresses added to their user profile. These new addresses
> should be constructed in this fashion:
>
> list of localparts:
> <username>
> <username spelled wrong1>
> <username spelled wrong2>
> ...etc
>
> new domain name:
> @mybiz_two.com
>
> new addresses added to user:
> <username>@mybiz_two.com
> <username spelled wrong1>@mybiz_two.com
> <username spelled wrong2>@mybiz_two.com
> ... etc
>
> I just get:
> <username>@mybiz_two.com
> as usual.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/26/2006 9:17:20 PM
> How would the policy know what "username spelled wrong1" is?

Thats my question! How can I add several aliases to my user so that when I
add another domain to the policy he'll get several new e-mail addresses?

* goes to p276 in SAMS SBS2003 book by Neale et al.*

(I guess its the "Recipient Update Service" who does the adding of email
addresses to users)
0
Kristofer (7)
9/26/2006 9:29:02 PM
You can have multiple entries for one domain in the same policy.  However
there's no mechanism to create a "misspelled name" user part.  There are
only a few variables, like given name, surname, alias, etc.
--

>> How would the policy know what "username spelled wrong1" is?
>
> Thats my question! How can I add several aliases to my user so that when I
> add another domain to the policy he'll get several new e-mail addresses?
>
> * goes to p276 in SAMS SBS2003 book by Neale et al.*
>
> (I guess its the "Recipient Update Service" who does the adding of email
> addresses to users)

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Migrating from 2000 to 2003 and Differnt Domain
I would like to do the following, but haven't seen any articles on how to do it. Any suggestions? Migrate the mailboxes and public folders from an existing Exchange 2000 installation on Server 2000 in "OLD" domain and DNS address of "old.com"... ....to... A new Exchange 2003 installation on Server 2003 in "NEW" domain with a DNS address of "new.com" The servers can be on the same subnet for this migration and the "old.com" MX record will point to the new server (same IP as "new.com") so mail is not lost when changing the d...

outlook keeps asking for username and pe
why does outlook keep asking fomy username and pw when itheey were entered at seup - its driving me crazy What version of Outlook and what operating system? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:u5zFEVRqDHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Peter wrote: > why does outlook keep asking fomy username and pw when itheey were > entered at seup - its driving me crazy I have the same issue. I'm using the Outlook 2003 release version with a hosted Exc...

Prep for Ex07 to join Ex03 in Child Domain
AD Root domain is place holder only, All Ex03 is in a child domain. Are these the correct steps to prepare AD for Ex07? /PrepareLegacyExchangePermissions: ExchangeDomain (FQDN) /PrepareSchema has to be run from root domain /PrepareAD run this from the child Exchange Domain /PrepareDomain: Exchange Domain (FQDN) /PrepareLegacyExchangePermissions Enterprise Admins /PrepareSchema Enterprise Admins + Schema Admins Same site and same domain as the Schema Master DC /PrepareAD Enterprise Admins /PrepareDomain FQDN Domain Admins /PrepareAllDomains Enterprise Admi...

Several usernames, several domains
Hello. My boss frequently gets his name misspelled and has six additional e-mail aliases to cover this. He also has 18 domains. So now when we're moving to Exchange 2003 he's getting 7x18 addresses. Thats no problem in my book, Email recipeint policies covers adding the 18 domains, but.... how to make every policy cover the seven aliases? best You don't need to. Just add the aliases manually to the user account. As long as the domains are the same, you're covered for him receiving mail properly. You only need one recipient policy for each inbound domain to cover ...

Outbound mail queues to one domain
Hi, Exchange 2003 is queueing mail sent to only one domain. All others, including AOL and hotmail, work fine. There are no messages in the event log. The only message in Exchange is "The connection was dropped by the remote host." under additional queue information. I've run the smtpdiag tool and I get the following error: --------------------------------------- Checking MX servers listed for 1234561234@domainname.com. Connecting to mx.domainame.com [123.123.123.123] on port 25. Failed to receive data. Error: 10054 Received: Error: Expected "220". Failed to get a r...

SFO Install on a different domain
Our sales people want to have Sales for Outlook installed onto their laptops. Unfortunately, these laptops aren't part of the domain CRM runs on and never will be, so the install fails when it asks for the URL of the CRM server. Has anyone worked out a way around the same domain requirement for installing SFO? They can access the crm web page if neessary but we would prefer to use the Outlook client. ...

New Exch2003 Srvr on New domain
I just installed Exchange Standard 2003 on a new domain. I have SBS 4.5 with Exch 5.5 on an existing domain that will be phased out ASAP. I would like to pull all of the contacts and calendar over... Any ideas on how to do it? ...

Insert username into text box
I am using the fOSUserName functionality in my DB. I would like to use it to dynamically preface comments a user types into a text box. Scenario...user opens a ticket form, starts typing a comment in the text box, and Access automatically inserts their username in front of their comments (in bold typeface if possible) followed by a couple spaces, or a space dash space. Any ideas? Thanks! Paul, Use the AfterUpdate event of your text control (ex. control name = [Comments]) Me.Comments = CurrentUser & " - " & [Comments] -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft...

Outlook username & password?
I am trying to setup Outlook on my new PC. I want to keep my identity, email files and folders seperate and UN-viewable to my wife's Outlook login identity, and vise-versa. I am running Windows XP-Home addition. Example, on my old PC (running Win98) when either my wife or I clicked on the Outlook Icon, Outlook would prompt the user to select an identity and password before loading Outlook. The old Outlook (in Win98) kept each account's (identity) email folders and files contained and viewable only to the identity you selected. If I wanted to see my wife's email files an...

Child domain with no Exchange server
Hello, my setup is as follows lab.mycompany.com contains Exchange 2003 server mail.lab.mycompany.com child domain project1.lab.mycompany.com does not have an Exchange server. I need for users in the child domain to have accounts on the Exchange server in the parent domain. So far have done the following: 1) Exhchange is up and running in parent domain 2) Ran setup /domainprep in child domain 3) Established new Recipient Update Service in ESM to point to child domain I still do not have the option of adding email to users in the child domain. I need to know next steps/what am I mis...

stationary how to make and use several
I need to use serveral differant stationaries to use with differant clients, how do I make more than one and use it, I have one made right now, but can not figure how to use it in a new email, I do not want it to be my default, I only need it once a week or so. ...

Multiple Email Domain problem
Hi, i have Exchange 2000 SP3 running on Win 2000 Server SP4. Everything works perfectly with internal and external email until I add another external domain. eg. domainA.com and domainB.com have been working for a couple of years. I have had to add domainC.com and make this the primary address. When users send emails to other internal users, Exchange does not recognize that domainC.com is internal and tries to send out through the internet, yet domainA.com and domainB.com still work fine. External emails from all domain names works. any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks Tony ...

How can I login to the domain using a touchscreen?
I have a POS system that I would like to use without a keyboard. Is there a way to login to the domain using the touchscreen? First you need to display the TouchScreen screen. Take a look at the help screens to find out the specifics. You may need to connect a keyboard as there are some settings that need to configured in the POS screen. Once the TouchScreen screen is setup you can use the Numbers and Keyboard buttons to enter in login information. If for any reason you cannot connect a keyboard to the computer you can modify the Registry settings of that machine but be warned making an...

copy several items & paste several items?
Thanks in advance. I want to copy several items into the Office Clipboard (Edit>Office Clipboard...) and then paste those several items into the active sheet (using VBA). (I believe up to 12 items can be stored in the Office clipboard) So rather than copying one item, activating the sheet, pasting it, then activating the sheet to copy from, copying, then activating the sheet I want to paste to one more time, and pasting it, the macro would: select an item copy to Office clipboard select another item copy to Office clipboard activate another sheet select a range pastespecial an item s...

redirect all email from a domain to one or two internal mailbox on exchange
hi every body, i want to redirect all mails from *@domain.com to one or two internal mailbox (internal domain=test.com), i.e when user1@domain.com send email on user1@test.com, mail must be redirect on user1@test.com and user2@test.com If user2@domain.com send mail to user2@test.com, user1@test.com must receive the same mail. Thanks Exchange 2000 server possomfr@hotmail.com (Possomfr) wrote: >hi every body, >i want to redirect all mails from *@domain.com to one or two internal >mailbox (internal domain=test.com), i.e when user1@domain.com send >email on user1@test.com, mail mu...

Limit the internet domains that a group or user can send to
Is there a setting in Exchange 2003 that would allow me to setup a group or user and limit the domains they send to? For example I would like to have a group that could only send to internal users and two other domains. - Create SMTP Connector, add the other 2 domains that you want all users to be able to send to in the address space tab - Create a SMTP Connector for address space *, implement Delivery Restrictions to prevent the users you want to restrict from sending over that Connector - Take a look at the following when implementing Delivery Restrictions: http://support.microsoft.co...

Bypassing Intelligent Message filter for an entire domain
Hello, I have recently installed intelligent mail filter on Exchange 2003 and found that it works wonderfully with one exception. I cannot figure out how to globally allow all mail from any given domain. E.g. I want to allow all mail from microsoft.com to reach all of my clients regardless of the message rating. Is there a way to do this? Thanks Hi, My understanding is that you have two primary choices to bypass the IMF behavior selectively: 1. Have the sender use SMTP authentication. Authenticated messages (like those also submitted by MAPI clients to Exchange) are not process...

split from one date to several dates
hi there. this is the situation, i'm trying to split one date in several dates, for example: 01/03/2010 ----- split in 60 dates with the interval of 1 month 01/04/2010 01/05/2010 etc... 60 times... Can you help me??? Tks in advance... Peter First, be aware that Access does date/times in US format ... I'm assuming your list of dates are the 1st of March, the 1st of April, ... If you want an Access table with the first day of each month for the next 60 months, there's a simple trick. Open Excel, put in a few dates, then extend the range until you ha...

Sending from several addresses
I am running Outlook 2000, and have several addresses set up under one profile. Can anyone tell me how I can tell Outlook which of those addresses to send from? It always sends from the first one I originally put in, but now we have our own domain, and I need to send my messages from the new address. I would like to be able to send from the third e-mail address, so I can't just delete all the addresses. ...

what is exchange sever
im tying install outlook and keep bring up exhange server. what do i need to put there to get to work. If you don't have an Exchange server, why did you select that? Just remove it and install your POP3 or IMAP account - Control Panel->Mail Icon->Accounts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jasonmercer asked: | im tying install outlook and keep bring up exhange server. what do i | need to put there to ge...

recipient policy in child domain
I've just set up a new child domain for our site and installed a new exchange server in it. Setup is mycompany.com - Exchange Server A (Exchange 2000) scotland.mycompany.com - Exchange Server B (Exchange 2003) When opening up system manager in the child domain scotland.mycompany.com, it correctly lists both Exchange servers but i dont understand how to set recipient policy for the child domain. I want all AD user accounts created in the child domain to have the address user@scotland-mycompany.com but if i update the recipient policy in system manager on Exchange Server B it also u...

No CRM user exists with specified domain name and user id (CRM 4.0
I am getting the above message when i attempt to connect to my CRM server from a users PC. The Outlook client was installed, he got into CRM fine one day then the next day he went to expand the folder in Outlook for CRM and was prompted for a user name and password to access the server. He entered the administrator account and was denied access. Ever since i cannot get into CRM from his PC as him. I can logon fine as him via the web version from another PC but cannot get into either the web version or outlook client version from his PC. I have removed CRM for Outlook, got rid of r...

end of column refence in several calculations
I have several caculations (countif) that are based on the last-row of a single column. So if column-A ends at row 120 how can I reference that location automaticlly in my caculations without having to manually update the row refence in all my caculations (example: =COUNTIF($BH$3:$BH$xxx,BP2) where xxx is 120)? Hi if you have no blank rows in between try: =COUNTIF(OFFSET($BH$3,0,0,COUNTA($BH:$BH)-2),BP2) if also rows 1 and 2 are filled -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany James Garlock wrote: > I have several caculations (countif) that are based on the last-row > of a singl...

Several curves in one graph
How to have different curves from different data sources on the same graph Example: show as well ROI as Net Income (as 2 dependent variables) on assets (as independent variable). Put assets in one column (say A1:A10) Put ROI in B1:B10 and Net Income in C1:C10 Select A1:C10 and make a Line (colukn or bar) chart; use the required subtype Try it and come back with questions. Best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "MIF-1-LDS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC9092E2-BBF1-4D8B-AB7F-BE7FD7282400@micros...

Adding a 2008R2 Child Domain to a 2003R2 forest
I have a 2003R2 forest with two root servers in the root domain, A, and no other servers in that domain. Under that I have two child domains B, and C. I want to add a third child domain, D to this which will have two 2008R2 DCs that are not DNS servers. My plan is to move all the DCs to 2008R2 over the next several months but we have a requirement for another child domain and this seems like a good time to start moving to 2008R2 for the DCs. All DCs are 2003R2 servers and the domain is 2003 Functional level. I've read various sources including these and have some quest...