Setup mailboxes for child domain users

We just  setup W2003 AD and Exchange 2003.  We have about 10 child domains
created. They are in different subnet and in different geographic location.
Exchange 2003 setrver is running only in HQ, not in any child domains.

How can I setup mailboxes for  child domain users? Any guidance out there??

Thanks,
Rick
0
Rick9396 (383)

You need to run domainPrep in each domain that contains an Exchange
server and in any domain that contains exchange users.

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 05:53:07 -0700, "Rick"
<Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We just  setup W2003 AD and Exchange 2003.  We have about 10 child domains
>created. They are in different subnet and in different geographic location.
>Exchange 2003 setrver is running only in HQ, not in any child domains.
>
>How can I setup mailboxes for  child domain users? Any guidance out there??
>
>Thanks,
>Rick

0
adavid (8731)
4/15/2005 3:26:43 PM
Hi, Andy:

Thanks for your response. Can you give me some more specific detail, or
point me to some documents?

Do I just need to run DomainPrep in each chid domain?  So it will enable me
to setup mailbox for child domain users?

Thanks.

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> You need to run domainPrep in each domain that contains an Exchange
> server and in any domain that contains exchange users.
>

> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 05:53:07 -0700, "Rick"
> <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >We just  setup W2003 AD and Exchange 2003.  We have about 10 child domains
> >created. They are in different subnet and in different geographic location.
> >Exchange 2003 setrver is running only in HQ, not in any child domains.
> >
> >How can I setup mailboxes for  child domain users? Any guidance out there??
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Rick

0
Rick9396 (383)

Dynamics CRM needs an Admin Guide and User Guide
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 should have a User Guide and an Admin Guide included on the installation media. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=00f65eb1-7f9b-4b1...

Is there an exchange store mode that is accelerated for mailbox loading?
Hi, I recall seeing a way somewhere but can't find it now to put the store in a mode where you can load mailboxes faster using import-mailbox. I am using exchange 2007/sbs 2008. Thanks, Alan ...

Deny file access if user declines macros?
I periodically issue a file that contains macros to users. For ease of functionality, the users should accept the macros (as when their security level is set to medium). Is it possible to deny a user access to the file if he answers "no, do not allow macros" to the security question? Thanks Before closing the workbook, you can set the visible property of all the worksheets to very hidden and then protect the workbook with a password. Then have an auto exec macro that makes all the sheets visible when the workbook is opened. The auto exec macro won't execute unless the us...

Page Setup
Hi, I have a problem with Excel XP in that when I preview a page which is in Landscape, it automatically displays as portrait. When I resize it, it goes back to landscape but then back to portarit again ! Any ideas ? Many thanks. Colin. If you change printer drivers, does it happen? If no, then I'd download a newer/fresh printer driver for that troublesome printer. Any chance you have some helpful macro jumping in to fix the page setup for you? If you open the workbook with macros disabled, does it still happen? Colin wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a problem with Excel X...

The best Exchange setup in a small hosting setup
I need to set up at small hosting setup where the users can access their email through RPC-HTTPS and webmail. But what do I need? One ISA server? One front-end server? One back-end server? Some clustering or is it overkill? Best Regards Martin - You can do it with as little as a single Exchange server and a firewall. - In a single server environment, FE/BE topology doesn't really buy you much... - Clustering can be an overkill or not, depending on what your goals are. If high-availability is a valued goal, you could look at clustering (and the investments that go with a clustered ...

excel page setup
Hello, I have a spreadsheet and I am using cells a:k50, but when I go to see the end of my spreadsheet it tells me I have used cells a:ak 295. I have 35 sheets like this and is is making the file bigger than it has to be. I have tried deleting, clear, page preview setup but nothing seems to clear and make my page a1: k53. Any suggestions. Thank You Select the row following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow to select all rows beyond your data and Edit>Delete. Select the column following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow (US) to select all columns beyond your data...

Delete/import a table from csv; wait for no users?
Hi guys, Could you please tell me if I should wait on a back end that no users are connected before re-importing a table? Basically I have csv files that I import into tables that are my libraries, or my hierarchy if you want. They have 1000 records max, but I was wondering if I can do that while users are on the db? They will mainly run queries and reports, so no record locks supposedly. For now I only trigger the import on the load event of the main form, if the ldb file is not present in the back end folder, but it means that only the first user who opens the db will be ...

SOME mail with attachment is not delivered to mailbox
using exchange2003 ONLY from a particular 3rd party, all mail with attachments are not delivered to mailbox even though my exchange 2003 log says some communication has occured. I got them to cc the mail to my personal isp account and notice that when I forward the mail, the attachments are duplicated. (ie: you have a.pdf in 600kb as well as a.pdf in 2kb) I do not know why there are duplicate attachments, perhaps one is an errata caused by the mail server, nonetheless, when I forward this mail with the duplicate attachment to back to my exchange email address, the message is not deliv...

RE: System Mailbox #2
Greetings, Can someone tell me if there is a way to access the 'SystemMailbox' mailbox that shows up under >First Storage Group>Mailboxes, where all the user mailboxes are? is there a default password? thx B it's not something you really want to go poking around in. But to satisfy your curiosity, check out Evans article: http://blogs.msdn.com/evand/archive/2004/12/17/323636.aspx Teo teo at inventrix dot net "Boris the Spider" wrote: > Greetings, > > Can someone tell me if there is a way to access the 'SystemMailbox' mailbox > that...

Outlook 2000 .PST Import to Exchange 2003 Mailbox
We are currently rolling out Exchange Server 2003, but having imported a user's .PST from Outlook 2000 to his new Mailbox, some of the mail shows the message: "This item contains active content that cannot be displayed in the preview pane. Open the item to read its contents". When we try to open it the following message appears: "Cannot open this item. Could not complete the operation because the service provider does not support it". Any help in resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Do you import on Exchange or do you import from within Ou...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Updated Exchange setup script supports Entourage 2008"
I've posted version 2.0 of my EntourageExchangeSetup AppleScript on The Entourage Help Page that includes support for Microsoft Entourage 2008's Kerberos feature as well as some minor additions and bug fixes. This AppleScript is intended to be modified by an administrator to assist his Entourage users with the setups of their Exchange server accounts. It has been tested specifically with Entourage 2004 11.2.6, 11.3.3, 11.3.7 and Entourage 12.00, 12.0.1 and 12.1.0 but should work with any version of Entourage 2004 SP2 (11.2.0) and higher. Every company's network is different...

duplicate mailboxes in Exchange
I had an install of SBS 2003 get corrupted. I reinstalled and tried to restore my exchange db. I ended up getting a current mailbox and the old mailbox in the store. I don't want to lose current mail, nor the old stuff. I get errors when I try to match in Recovery Console. Any suggestions? How many users/mailboxes are affected? - Larry Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit - Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > I had an install of SBS 2003 get corrupted. I reinstalled and tried to > restore my exchange db. I ended up getting...

User login failed on the customized VBA project after GP 10 upgrad
After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who tried on working on my customized Dynamics VBA project. Error # -2147217843: Login failed for user 'sa'. Procedure: frmDateEntry - cmdProcess_Click Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Thanks for help. Kevin Kevin, You might need to re look at your connection in VBA -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wrote: > After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who > tried on working on my customized Dynamic...

Rule to all Exchage Mailboxes
Hello, Does anyone know how to add a rule to all Exchagnge Mailboxes. Thanks Alot! Greg <Gregsnownet@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1142884297.954785.250720@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > Does anyone know how to add a rule to all Exchagnge Mailboxes. > > Thanks Alot! > > Greg > I suggest you post this in microsoft.public.exchange.admin and include your version & SP level of Exchange, as well as what you want the rule to do. This isn't an Outlook question, really. That said, you're going to be looking at third party software to do th...

Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using money '02. I have been getting this message for TWO WEEKS now. I set up three accounts with no problem, then this message over and over every day. I have tried starting a new account and I still get the same message. Surely MS's server has not been down this whole time, so I guess the problem is on my end. Please Help! In microsoft.public.money, lostmymirth wrote: >I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using >money '02. I have been getting this message for T...

Disabling Encryption during mailbox move
We are trying to centralize remote mailboxes to a central Exchange 2000 server. First off I wnated to confirm the following 1. Does this use RPC for communication? It turns out that for some reason, the inter-server MAPI session sets PKT_PRIVACY for the RPC session and hence all the data seems encrypted. We would like to disable this default encryption for this RPC commincation and were looking for a way to do this. Any help will be much appreciated. Yes, server-to-server mailbox moves uses RPC. Unless there is a double-secret Registry value that lets you do this, I don't think yo...

SMTP Emails not arriving in users mail box
Hello, I have a puzzeling problem! I have a user that has worked here for sometime. He has an address john@domain.com. Now for some reason external people that used to send him mail everyday or quite often has stopped going to him, the mail has stopped comming through to him and is being redirected to the administrator (as setup to do so in Exchange when it can't find the user). In his email addresses screen it is definatly in there as an SMTP address. When I send a test to this address from my hotmail account, the mail comes through to him!! I have checked with a number of the ...

SETUP
HOW DO I SET IT UP. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. Start here and look for mail settings. ht...

Additional Exchange Email Domain
Running SBS 2003 w/Exchange. I have added another email address domain to my recipient policy and have told our hosting service to update the MX record to our server. Is this all I have to do to host email for another domain? I am getting bounce back messages saying our server can't relay messages? Why would it relay? Thanks! Is "This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery to this address." checked under the new domain in the recipient policy? You will also need to have the domain checked under Generation rules in the recipient policy properties. Wi...

Multiple domains displayed from within outlook
Does anyone know if there is a way to display 2 different domains from within the same outlook mailbox? -KJK You can only have one Exchange account but you can certainly open multiple inboxes and Exchange certainly supports more than one mail domain. You'll need to clarify your question if you want more specifics. Nue "KJK" <KJK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1013E372-AF26-4880-9507-AC2436F3FB15@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there is a way to display 2 different domains from > within > the same outlook mailbox? > > -KJK ...

Purging mails in a user's mailbox
I have a user on my exchange 5.5 server who is being flooded with emails from a single email address. This all started yesterday when a company foolishly sent a mail to hundreds of recipients (not to a distribution list). This resulted in the mail being bounced around all recipients. The company who commited this crime quickly stopped the mail from repeatedly being sent, but one of the recipients decided to reply to all! This mail is still bouncing around, and one of my users is being affected. I have tried filtering the mail address in exchange 5.5 admin, but this hasn't stopped. The u...

Anonymous Access setup
I have a request to turn on anonymous access (MOSS 2007). We only have one Site collection and it’s an Intranet that uses Authentication Type; Windows and Integrated Windows Authentication. It seems straight forward first Enable IIS Anonymous Authentication, second Enable anonymous access for the Web Application needed, turn on anonymous access for list or site. Question: If I turn on anonymous access without enabling it on any sites or lists will my users notice anything different? I assume they will not notice anything. Next question; if I enable anonymous authentication on...

looking for example of inserting child node using a for each on a nodelist

Profile Setup
When I enter the server name and mailbox name when setting up an Outlook 2003 profile, how does it lookup the name? It seems I can put any name in the server area as long as I have a valid mailbox name. I used a made up server name and it still resolved the mailbox. Thanks, Outlook 2003 uses the Global Catalog servers in an AD environment. (Exchange 200x refers Outlook 2000/2003 to the GCs.) Outside of that, I didn't think what you just did was possible since a new profile (o/s and outlook) shouldn't have a reference to a GC until checking in with Exchange. Guess Outlook ...

Search users with space limit
How do I search for users whose mailbox is over the limit set? or over say..50meg ? including users without the limit set. thanks. using exchange 2003. If you have a lot of mailbox stores, this is not real simple, but it can be done without third party reporting tools. Using Exchange System Manager, open up the Exchange server and go to the Mailboxes container under each mailbox store. On the View tab, choose Add/Remove columns and add Limits (I think that is the right name, I don't have an Exchange server in front of me). You should be able to sort based on the Limits column,...