Setting up second virtual server/connector for smart host for only select users

I currently have one domain and SMTP virtual server defined to handle
all mail including internet email.  We have our own MX record.

Occasionally I have one user who will need to send a mass mailing
based on our customer database and this clogs the system.

My thought was to define a second SMTP virtual server/connector that
would route the email to a smart host (our service provider offers
this service).  If I could direct this specific user to use this
service for the mass mailing, would it help the situation?

If yes, how would I go about doing it - have the two SMTP server
definitions coexist and setting up the user to select the right one?

I've searched around and most of the information is on how to setup
the SMTP for smarthost - doesn't clarify for me what considerations I
need to make because of the other SMTP server.

Peter D.
0
thepadol2 (1)

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

Leave mail on exchange server
I have recently set up my system at home to login via VPN to the server at the office. It seems that my preferences are set to store mail in a personal mailbox - in other words all my mail including old messages have been grabbed from the server and now reside on the hard drive of my machine at home. Aaargh! I understand that I need to specify delivery of new mail to "Mailbox - my name" rather than personal folders but I can't see how to do this. In the change email accounts dialogue box there is a drop down menu under "deliver new mail to the following location&qu...

How to keep the application even when show desktop is selected
Hi, I am developing an application which is a sort of reminder of your daily tasks. I want this application to remain on the top right corner of desktop even when "show desktop" is selected. However it gets minimised.........Any helps appreciated. Perhaps you want to consider "Active Channel Technology" and making your display part of the "Active Desktop"? In article <D580FA88-9C89-4D3F-AB9A-8374A9DE266B@microsoft.com>, Katiyar@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hi, > I am developing an application which is a sort of reminder of your dail...

virtual smtp
Hello, Exchange 2003 you can configure a virtual smtp or connector so that the mail that do they come with a certain hostheader they go to a virtual smtp or another? greetings Miguel Host headers can be used for redirecting HTTP traffic to particular web sites. You probably mean SMTP message headers - these cannot be used to direct traffic to a particular SMTP virtual server. Headers only come into play when the message is received (or being received) by a SMTP virtual server. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog -----------...

CRM 4.0
Hi; We have a customer that would like to run CRM 4 on 32-bit Windows and then add a new 64-bit app server, and point to the same organization. The end-game is to soon thereafter retire the 32-bit box, but is anyone aware of any problems having the 2 mixed-architecture servers running at the same time? Thanks, Dave Ireland Shouldn't be a problem. Check out section 3.1.7 of the CRM 4 Planning guide for more information on 32 bit and 64 configurations for App Server, SQL, SQL Connector, OS, etc. I just moved a 32 bit sql database to a 64 bit box while keeping the 32 bit app s...

How to set backcolour

using User properties in Inbox Rules
Enviroment: Exchange 2000 SP3 Outlook 2002 SP1 I like to setup a inbox rule based on the User property "department". The problem is, the user properties from the mails in the Inbox are always empty (in my active directory the user property "department" is filled with the correct departmentname. I think in Exchange 5.5 this functionality had worked. Any ideas to solve the requirement? ...

Outlook 2003 Disconnected from Exchange Server 2003, will not reconnect.
Two days ago after setting up a mobile phone to act as a modem for my laptop, testing it, and disabling the dial-up connection associated with it, and reconnecting to my domain and usual network (non-GPRS) I find that I can no longer connect to my Exchange Server. The "Working Offline" icon shows up in the lower-right hand corner of the Outlook Client window, and when I uncheck "Work Offline", I get prompted for a username and password. Normally, I should just be able to cancel out of this window and Outlook works fine again. However, since two days ago, it does not. Th...

CRM Cisco call connector
I've installed Cisco's Unified call connector 4.0.3 on our CRM 4.0 server, and the client on my PC. The client is talking to the server OK as it will search for a phone number and pick out the relevent Contact details from the Server. However When I click the Dial button ( from my client ) on a contact , the webpage it brings up is an http://localhost:5556............ . Question is why is my client looking for a localhost page, is there a config somewhere that i've missed that should be pointing it to the CRM server or Cisco Callmanager? For anyone who might hit the same pr...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

Mail Server for Win XP
Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out there that will run on a WinXP system. Thanks HL HL649 wrote: > Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I > have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t > possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out > there that will run on a WinXP system. > > Thanks > HL No - Exchange must run on...

CDONTS on Windows 2003 Server
I am in the process of moving all my web applications from a windows 2000 server (IIS) to a windows 2003 server (IIS). I have apps written in VS6, .net and .net2002 but i am having problems with my VS6 applications, when they try to run the following code: Set objMsg = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail") Is there anyway to install CDONTS on a windows 2003 server? I can't get debugging to work on the new server so I can't give you an exact error message... just that when I rem out that line... the program works fine. Any thoughts BESIDES rewriting my code in .NET? Than...

How do you prevent a user from clearing their deleted folder?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I want to be able to prevent users from clearing out their deleted folder. I'm ok if I delete a message from my inbox, but I want to make sure once that email is in the deleted folder it stays there until an administrator comes and clears the folder out. Please help. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3355748283_803678 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Con...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

Permission to add email address to user
We have a setup with a root domain called sun.local (SUN) and a child domain called ki.sun.local (KI). The forest and both domains are in Windows 2003 functional level. The SUN domain has an Exchange 2003 server running in native mode. In the SUN domain the user sunadmin is Enterprise Admin, Domain Admin and Exchange Full Administrator. In the KI domain the user kiadmin is Domain Admin. kiadmin had been made Exchange View Only Admin on the Exchange organization. We would like kiadmin to be able to create and administer new users in the KI domain and everything seems to work fine except ...

The page select buttons in publisher are gone, what do i do?
Normally there are mini page icons at the bottom of publisher when there is more than one page, but I opened my saved leaflet those buttonshad gone. I know the 2nd page is there because when I do a multipage print preview I can see it. What's wrong with publisger, or is it me? View, status bar... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Me" <Me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3B0CCB4-B7D9-4912-B196-8685EBE1784D@microsoft.com... > Normally there are mini page icons at the bottom of p...

Set Focus