Setting up out of office reply on exchange server 5.5

Hello,

Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather
than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is
off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with
internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP.

Thank you
0
leo7802 (9)

Leo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather
> than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is
> off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with
> internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP.

I'm confused - where does POP fit in? This client connects to your Exchange
server via POP? If so, why? Note that you can turn out of office on/off in
Outlook Web Access if you have it - otherwise, it's all done in Outlook (in
a profile using a MAPI connection to the mailbox). Can't be set on the
server itself. What exactly is the client config?

> Thank you

0
lanwench (7567)
4/10/2004 2:11:41 PM
I'm using POP to download the emails from the server. I'm using Outlook Express.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in message news:<ejcuNswHEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> Leo wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather
> > than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is
> > off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with
> > internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP.
>
> I'm confused - where does POP fit in? This client connects to your Exchange
> server via POP? If so, why? Note that you can turn out of office on/off in
> Outlook Web Access if you have it - otherwise, it's all done in Outlook (in
> a profile using a MAPI connection to the mailbox). Can't be set on the
> server itself. What exactly is the client config?
> >
> > Thank you
0
leo7802 (9)
4/14/2004 6:39:51 AM
You can set Out of Office in OWA, if you have it installed.Otherwise, you'll
need to have someone set up a mail profile in Outlook to connect to the
mailbox directly and set OOO there.

Leo wrote:
> I'm using POP to download the emails from the server. I'm using
> Outlook Express.
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:<ejcuNswHEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
>> Leo wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather
>>> than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is
>>> off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with
>>> internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP.
>>
>> I'm confused - where does POP fit in? This client connects to your
>> Exchange server via POP? If so, why? Note that you can turn out of
>> office on/off in Outlook Web Access if you have it - otherwise, it's
>> all done in Outlook (in a profile using a MAPI connection to the
>> mailbox). Can't be set on the server itself. What exactly is the
>> client config?
>>>
>>> Thank you

0
lanwench (7567)

WM5 can not sync to exchange
My mobile device is running WM5 and my exchange server is a SBS2003 SP1 running ISA 2004 The Exchange server has a self issued certificate that is trusted by the mobile device. The system worked correctly for over a year, but began failing last night after changing some DNS entries. these entries have been changed back but errors continue. No errors are found in the event log. The mobile device is able to access the server, both when connected to a internal desktop computer, and over the mobile GPRS but it fails to sync in both cases. The following error message is received from act...

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

installing trial version of microsoft office 2007?
Got a new computer, now I am trying to install the trial version of microsoft office 2007. Assistant freezes. So I went to site, but can't get trial number! It said select, but there was nothing to select, no list just blank. Also I can't locate Outlookin the folder! (Since it's a new computer, no old outlook) Which means I can't get my mail, sigh... any ideas?? Thanks! You dont require outlook to send/receive email, there are many alternatives Was this Trial preinstalled? "CJSM" <CJSM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF...

Latest version of Excel that will read Excel 5 files
Will Excel 2002 read Excel 5 files? What about Excel 2003? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi will do. My Excel 2003 reads and saves Excel 95 files as well Frank > Will Excel 2002 read Excel 5 files? What about Excel 2003? Just to be sure there's no misunderstanding, I meant Excel 5.0, the version that preceded Office 95. Excel 5.0, when packaged with Office, was part of Office 4.3. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Yes -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dderolph >" <<dderolph.10lrct@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in mes...

Office 2004 Test Drive #4
Hi Friends I just got my new MAcbook Pro and was taking it for a test drive when I came to a screeching halt. It seems my clock was set for the wrong time zone which was past midnight and hence was registering Tuesday when it was still Monday. I had already started the test drive for office 2004 and then when I was playing around and notice the time was not correct I set it. After that since the date was now one day earier my Office 2004 would not run. even though it is ow Tuesday it still will not run it tells me that it is expired (after 2 hours) is there any help for this. I am afraid...

How to set backcolour

Outlook 2003 Disconnected from Exchange Server 2003, will not reconnect.
Two days ago after setting up a mobile phone to act as a modem for my laptop, testing it, and disabling the dial-up connection associated with it, and reconnecting to my domain and usual network (non-GPRS) I find that I can no longer connect to my Exchange Server. The "Working Offline" icon shows up in the lower-right hand corner of the Outlook Client window, and when I uncheck "Work Offline", I get prompted for a username and password. Normally, I should just be able to cancel out of this window and Outlook works fine again. However, since two days ago, it does not. Th...

does office 2003 work on windows 7?
Can I install MS Office 2003 onto my PC running with Windows 7 Operating System or do I have to use Office 2007? "Candice" <Candice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B9E5BB4-FA6D-4761-A8D2-CCB36A2278B0@microsoft.com... > Can I install MS Office 2003 onto my PC running with Windows 7 Operating > System or do I have to use Office 2007? Yes. '03 will run on Windows 7. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "Candice" <Candice@discussions.microsoft....

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Installing Office 2010 Beta Language Pack on 32 bit Office 2010 RT
I have installed Office 2010 RTM on a clean copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. No other version of Office beta or otherwise has been installed since complete disk wipe. When I attempt to install Microsoft 2010 Beta Language Pack, I receive the following message: "Microsoft office 2010 does not support upgrading from a prerelease version of Microsoft Office 2010. Please remove any pre-release products and try again." I have no Office products installed except Office 2010 RTM. I am trying to install the 32 bit language pack to a 32 bit Office 2010. How do I proceed to ...

marking replies
I want to have an arrow, or something, on my inbox list that indicates I have replied to that email. I have it on other computers, but can't figure out how to install on this one. There already is... on the little envelope icon in the From column blue arrow => indicates forwarded purple arrow <= indicates replied to -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ADE4C9F-94F7-4FF6-8BB0-789ECE557E97@microsoft.com... > I want to have an arrow, or...

Running both Office 04 and Office 08 #2
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel The Question may of been asked already, but if I want to install Office 08 but keep Office 04. Do I need to buy the complete package again or can I just get the upgrade edition? Cheers, Becky <BeckyA10@officeformac.com> wrote: > The Question may of been asked already, but if I want to install Office > 08 but keep Office 04. Do I need to buy the complete package again or > can I just get the upgrade edition? The upgrade edition should be fine. It simply loioks for a previous install for license validat...

looking for a way to find a Missing file Microsoft Office 2000 D.
Cant find the data1.msi file Have a read at this google search result. http://snipurl.com/e6nr If no help, google for data1.msi There are other threads dealing with this. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 00:21:03 -0700, "tjsebree" <tjsebree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Cant find the data1.msi file ...

Reading Pane Settings

Exchange 5.5 Export and Import issue
We did an export of our Exchange 5.5 system, Changed the display name on all the mailboxes and then imported it back without any problems. We changed it from First Name to Last Name, First. In the admin app, the display name field looks correct. In the address book in Outlook, it looks correct. When you receive an email from someone, the From Field that the email came from did not change. It is still First Name, Last Name. Is there something I missed? -- FastEddie Rockwell ---------------------------------- Check us out at: www.therockwells.net ----------------------------------- You ha...

Mail Server for Win XP
Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out there that will run on a WinXP system. Thanks HL HL649 wrote: > Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I > have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t > possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out > there that will run on a WinXP system. > > Thanks > HL No - Exchange must run on...

Sharing Contact Forms on Exchange 2003
I have a user that created contact forms using Outlook (Office 2003). Server side, I have Exchange 2003 running on SBS 2003. The user would like to share these forms with the organization. What is the best way to publish the custom contact forms in Exchange 2003? Dragging the form to the public folders copies the data, but nothing more. Thanks in advance, J Wolfgang Goerlich ...

How do I set OOR

Office programs going into "not responding" state
I have Office XP Professional installed on a relatively new laptop (8 Months old) which is running Win Vista Home Premium. All (office programs) hav run successfully until recently. A few weeks ago - working in Outlook - with no provocation I suddenly had an 'hourglass' running - and an "Outlook not responding" message in the title bar. Within a fw seconds, the application slightly greys -out with the 'hourglass' still spinning - and the entire thing is non-responsive - only way out is to close the app.. This only effected Outlook until yesterday - but ha...