setting up mac in exchange 5.5

Is this possible?

Thanks for any help in advance

0
compcoff (64)

Ann,
  it's unclear exactly *what* you're asking about when you say "is this
possible"?

 If a mail client happens to be on a Macintosh, say,
an IMAP or POP3 client, then yes, they'll be able to use Exchange.
If the mail client is MAPI-based, then yes, they'll be able to use Exchange.
if the mail client is actually a web-browser using OWA (Outlook Web
Access),
then yes, they'll be able to use Exchange.

Now, there are a variety of ifs/gotchas/maybe's depending on
_WHAT_ you're wanting to do in detail, depending on the client software
being used

So, let's start with what sort of Mac, what O/S, what networking capability
and what mail client.
Next, are we after just e-mail send/receive, or calendaring, or inter-op
with Windows users, etc,

I'm sure plenty of people will pitch-in with suggestions once we have the
bigger picture.
----

Luke Brennan
Microsoft PSS

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties and confers no rights.
Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

--------------------
<< From: "ann smith" <compcoff@hotmail.com>
<< Subject: setting up mac in exchange 5.5
<<
<< Is this possible?
<<
<< Thanks for any help in advance
<<

0
lukeb (5)

setting up new outlook mail account

WM5 can not sync to exchange
My mobile device is running WM5 and my exchange server is a SBS2003 SP1 running ISA 2004 The Exchange server has a self issued certificate that is trusted by the mobile device. The system worked correctly for over a year, but began failing last night after changing some DNS entries. these entries have been changed back but errors continue. No errors are found in the event log. The mobile device is able to access the server, both when connected to a internal desktop computer, and over the mobile GPRS but it fails to sync in both cases. The following error message is received from act...

OWA Set Rule problem

Latest version of Excel that will read Excel 5 files
Will Excel 2002 read Excel 5 files? What about Excel 2003? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi will do. My Excel 2003 reads and saves Excel 95 files as well Frank > Will Excel 2002 read Excel 5 files? What about Excel 2003? Just to be sure there's no misunderstanding, I meant Excel 5.0, the version that preceded Office 95. Excel 5.0, when packaged with Office, was part of Office 4.3. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Yes -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dderolph >" <<dderolph.10lrct@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in mes...

owa doesnt display a login dialog and wont send picture attachments in exchange 2000
one user out of several doenst get a login dialog when he goes to owa for exchange 2000. it's as if his computer is eternally loged in anyone can walk up to his computer and goto the url server/exchange and go right into his inbox without it prompting for a user name and password. thats' real secure, just what we need here in the "enterprise" the other problem, is that he , unlike all the other users, cannot attach a picture to his email from owa. when he clicks on attach it doesnt do anything. his machine is running xp pro with sp2 just like other users. On 25 May 2006 1...

How to set backcolour

Outlook 2003 Disconnected from Exchange Server 2003, will not reconnect.
Two days ago after setting up a mobile phone to act as a modem for my laptop, testing it, and disabling the dial-up connection associated with it, and reconnecting to my domain and usual network (non-GPRS) I find that I can no longer connect to my Exchange Server. The "Working Offline" icon shows up in the lower-right hand corner of the Outlook Client window, and when I uncheck "Work Offline", I get prompted for a username and password. Normally, I should just be able to cancel out of this window and Outlook works fine again. However, since two days ago, it does not. Th...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Exchange 5.5 Export and Import issue
We did an export of our Exchange 5.5 system, Changed the display name on all the mailboxes and then imported it back without any problems. We changed it from First Name to Last Name, First. In the admin app, the display name field looks correct. In the address book in Outlook, it looks correct. When you receive an email from someone, the From Field that the email came from did not change. It is still First Name, Last Name. Is there something I missed? -- FastEddie Rockwell ---------------------------------- Check us out at: www.therockwells.net ----------------------------------- You ha...

Sharing Contact Forms on Exchange 2003
I have a user that created contact forms using Outlook (Office 2003). Server side, I have Exchange 2003 running on SBS 2003. The user would like to share these forms with the organization. What is the best way to publish the custom contact forms in Exchange 2003? Dragging the form to the public folders copies the data, but nothing more. Thanks in advance, J Wolfgang Goerlich ...

Reading Pane Settings

priv corrupt? can't backup exchange 2003 store.
Hello, I have a 2 week old exchange 2003 server, that just started reporting corrupt during backups. Then when i checked the logs, i see ESE event id 478 regarding the information in my stm file has a different checksum than it should. here is a copy of the log. I use veritas and have also tried ntbackup. Information Store (3752) The streaming page read from the file "D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.stm" at offset 669147136 (0x0000000027e26000) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed verification due to a page checksum mismatch. The expected checksum was 2178151671 ...

CTreeCtrl #5
How do you disable all selections in the CTreeCtrl. I only want to use the control for it's check box capability. Thanks, Neil =?Utf-8?B?TmVpbCBC?= <NeilB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:32FCA05B-36EF-41B2-91B9-5648B3B51EA5@microsoft.com: > How do you disable all selections in the CTreeCtrl. I only want to use > the control for it's check box capability. > > Thanks, Neil > Handle the TVN_ITEMCHANGING message and return TRUE when it's the selection that is changing. But I'm not sure you really want to do that - selection is good feedback t...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

Set Focus

Exchange Cluster Inplace Upgrade
I have to to upgrade an exchange 2000 cluster to exchange 2003 soon. MSDTC is installed in the default Cluster Group (where the Quroum Disk resides). Do I have to move the MSDTC resource to another dedicated cluster group before upgrading to exchange 2003 and windows 2003 ? If yes, what is the right procedure to do this ? Thanks MC ...

Exchange 2k3 Delivery Status
If I get this message does it mean our server having problem resolving the name or the way around? "Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed" Please Advice, Thank you It means your server is having problems delivering the message. It could mean any number of things, from their server being unavailable, to not being able to resolve their name, to network routing, etc. What happens if you do an nslookup for MX records for that domain? Does it return results? If so, then attempt to telnet to port 25 of the servers listed. Do they respond? -- Ben Winzenz Exch...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...