Setting up hosted accounts in exchange 2003

We are trying to host another domain on our exchange server.  We have
added the domain into the recipient policy and have our ISP pointing
all mail to our IP.  Everything works fine for our main domain that we
host.

The problem is that we can send to externally but we cannot receive
from the outside world.  The error we receive when trying to send from
an external address is <our address >: Host or domain name not found.
Name
service error for name=our address type=A: Host found but no
data record of requested type

The error on our server is MS Exchange Transport 7002

The error we receive when running SMTPDIAG from our exchange server is
this

Checking remote domain records.
Starting TCP and UDP DNS queries for the remote domain. This test will
try to
validate that DNS is set up correctly for outbound mail. This test can
fail for
3 reasons.
    1) Firewall blocks TCP/UDP queries which will block outbound mail.
Windows
2000/NT Server requires TCP DNS queries. Windows Server 2003 will use
UDP
queries first, then fall back to TCP queries.
    2) Internal DNS does not know how to query external domains. You
must
either use an external DNS server or configure DNS server to query
external
domains.
    3) Remote domain does not exist. Failure is expected.
Checking MX records using TCP: our address.
Warning: The TCP DNS query returned no results.
Checking MX records using UDP: our address.
Error: No MX or A records were found for the remote domain. Verify that
the
remote domain is valid. Your firewall allows outbound DNS queries
(Windows
NT/2000 Server requires TCP), and your DNS server can resolve external
domains.

If anyone could help with this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

0
b.carter (1)

Hi

It looks like the MX record for the domain you are hosting is not setup, or
the entry was only recently created and needs more time to propagate to
other DNS servers, this could take up to 72 hours.

Who hosts the MX records for the domain you are hosting? Has anyone
submitted a request to create an MX record for the domain you are hosting.

Hope this information helps

Regards
--
Ben Hoffman
MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)

<b.carter@studymica.com> wrote in message
> We are trying to host another domain on our exchange server.  We have
> added the domain into the recipient policy and have our ISP pointing
> all mail to our IP.  Everything works fine for our main domain that we
> host.
>
> The problem is that we can send to externally but we cannot receive
> from the outside world.  The error we receive when trying to send from
> an external address is <our address >: Host or domain name not found.
> Name
> service error for name=our address type=A: Host found but no
> data record of requested type
>
> The error on our server is MS Exchange Transport 7002
>
> The error we receive when running SMTPDIAG from our exchange server is
> this
>
> Checking remote domain records.
> Starting TCP and UDP DNS queries for the remote domain. This test will
> try to
> validate that DNS is set up correctly for outbound mail. This test can
> fail for
> 3 reasons.
>    1) Firewall blocks TCP/UDP queries which will block outbound mail.
> Windows
> 2000/NT Server requires TCP DNS queries. Windows Server 2003 will use
> UDP
> queries first, then fall back to TCP queries.
>    2) Internal DNS does not know how to query external domains. You
> must
> either use an external DNS server or configure DNS server to query
> external
> domains.
>    3) Remote domain does not exist. Failure is expected.
> Checking MX records using TCP: our address.
> Warning: The TCP DNS query returned no results.
> Checking MX records using UDP: our address.
> Error: No MX or A records were found for the remote domain. Verify that
> the
> remote domain is valid. Your firewall allows outbound DNS queries
> (Windows
> NT/2000 Server requires TCP), and your DNS server can resolve external
> domains.
>
> If anyone could help with this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

0
nospam3434 (231)

WM5 can not sync to exchange
My mobile device is running WM5 and my exchange server is a SBS2003 SP1 running ISA 2004 The Exchange server has a self issued certificate that is trusted by the mobile device. The system worked correctly for over a year, but began failing last night after changing some DNS entries. these entries have been changed back but errors continue. No errors are found in the event log. The mobile device is able to access the server, both when connected to a internal desktop computer, and over the mobile GPRS but it fails to sync in both cases. The following error message is received from act...

CScrollbar events in VS 2003
I've added a scroll bar to a dialog in a new dialog only mfc app. but the only event I can find for it is NM_THEMECHANGED (which throws a compiler error)? Can I add my own WM_SCROLL handlers? Thanks ...

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

Account name on marketinglist
Hi A customer wants to know if its possible in CRM 4.0 to get the parent account name in the contacts marketinglist view ? We can't add it as a field on the views ? ...

Leave mail on exchange server
I have recently set up my system at home to login via VPN to the server at the office. It seems that my preferences are set to store mail in a personal mailbox - in other words all my mail including old messages have been grabbed from the server and now reside on the hard drive of my machine at home. Aaargh! I understand that I need to specify delivery of new mail to "Mailbox - my name" rather than personal folders but I can't see how to do this. In the change email accounts dialogue box there is a drop down menu under "deliver new mail to the following location&qu...

Exchange 2003 Outlook Calendar restricted
We've got Ex2003SP1 on Win2k3 running for about a year. Just yesterday, the following problem started and I can't fix it, please help: New items cannot be created in any ones Outlook 2002 or OUtlook 2003 calendar, but they can be created through the OWA calendar. Basically it says that the folder is either moved or locked and or not enough permission. But everything else works as per usual, its just all the calendars that are being locked out for editing and adding new appointments. I just updated to Exchange 2003 SP1 and it still didn't fix the problem. there is an ...

Outlook 2003 hangs on exit
When closing Outlook 2003, the icon remains in the systray and the process continues to run. Forced to terminate OUTLOOK.EXE process in order to restart Outlook. Any ideas? Look for 3rd party applications that are holding it open for data use. (Activesync, WinFax, Antivirus) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "kmeszaros@landam.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081601c3b3ab$ef4e6e20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When closing Outlook 2003, the icon remains in the > systr...

How to set backcolour

does office 2003 work on windows 7?
Can I install MS Office 2003 onto my PC running with Windows 7 Operating System or do I have to use Office 2007? "Candice" <Candice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B9E5BB4-FA6D-4761-A8D2-CCB36A2278B0@microsoft.com... > Can I install MS Office 2003 onto my PC running with Windows 7 Operating > System or do I have to use Office 2007? Yes. '03 will run on Windows 7. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "Candice" <Candice@discussions.microsoft....

Outlook 2003 Disconnected from Exchange Server 2003, will not reconnect.
Two days ago after setting up a mobile phone to act as a modem for my laptop, testing it, and disabling the dial-up connection associated with it, and reconnecting to my domain and usual network (non-GPRS) I find that I can no longer connect to my Exchange Server. The "Working Offline" icon shows up in the lower-right hand corner of the Outlook Client window, and when I uncheck "Work Offline", I get prompted for a username and password. Normally, I should just be able to cancel out of this window and Outlook works fine again. However, since two days ago, it does not. Th...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Convert Access 97 to Access 2002 or 2003
Hi, I must convert a suite of 10 integrated Access 97 systems to either Access 2002 or Access 2003. What version is more stable? What version will cause less problems? Thank you, Nick Nick there is very little difference in stability now. I prefer 2003, and can think of a couple of bugs in 2002 that do not exist in 2003, but not the reverse. IME, A2003 is more stable than 97 while developing on a Windows XP machine. Once the development is complete (forms/reports/code not being changed), a well-designed Access app running on stable power over a stable network on machines that do...

Outlook 2003 SP1 (11.6359.6408)
Hiya Can any one tell how within outlook 2003, that when i have an open email in my INBOX i delete it it open the NEXT email in my INBOX, just like in outlook 2002. Thx LA -- This Email has been VIRUS Checked with Norton AntiVirus 2005 Before being sent. Check the setting here: Tools menu > Options > Email > After moving or deleting an open item "Leigh-Anne Mills" <Leigh_annemills@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:d8h23c$ftu$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com... > Hiya > > Can any one tell how within outlook 2003, that when i have an open e...

Account extraction
I'd like to export the Exch55 mailbox info to a *.csv file utilizing the "Directory Export" command found under the Exchange Administrator\Tools menu. I'm pretty clear on what to do to get the desired list, however, I'm wondering 1.) if this will imposed any kind of serious load on the server and 2.) How long would it take to export a measly 150-200 accounts? 3.) any caveats I should know of? Any takers? Thanks for the awesome job everyone does here! a directory export for that small a number of mailboxes should present no problem to your server, and should comp...

Reading Pane Settings

Exchange 5.5 Export and Import issue
We did an export of our Exchange 5.5 system, Changed the display name on all the mailboxes and then imported it back without any problems. We changed it from First Name to Last Name, First. In the admin app, the display name field looks correct. In the address book in Outlook, it looks correct. When you receive an email from someone, the From Field that the email came from did not change. It is still First Name, Last Name. Is there something I missed? -- FastEddie Rockwell ---------------------------------- Check us out at: www.therockwells.net ----------------------------------- You ha...

Sharing Contact Forms on Exchange 2003
I have a user that created contact forms using Outlook (Office 2003). Server side, I have Exchange 2003 running on SBS 2003. The user would like to share these forms with the organization. What is the best way to publish the custom contact forms in Exchange 2003? Dragging the form to the public folders copies the data, but nothing more. Thanks in advance, J Wolfgang Goerlich ...

How to point clients to new exchange name?
Is there a way (maybe using GPOs) to update clients' computers to point to a different exchange server? Here's my situation: I added an Exchange 2003 server to my 5.5 environment. I'm going to take out my 5.5 server (mail.company.com) and just have my 2003 server (mail03.company.com). How can I update the users' machines to point to the 2003 server? Is there a script or a GPO I can push down to update everyone's profiles? Or is this something that will update automatically when I remove the 5.5 server? Thanks! -Nick If they're using Outlook, you don't ...

Account Number Segment Desc
Does anyone know which table/s hold the Account Number segment Desc? Bab, Table GL40200 is the Segment Description Master. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Bab" <Bab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45DED1F0-DF10-44F1-9398-7834F7CF69A3@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know which table/s hold the Account Number segment Desc? I have Demo GP 9.0 and all the description on this table are blank. why is that? Is that because its a demo table? "Victoria [MVP]" wrote: > Bab, > > Table GL40200 is the Segment D...