Setting up Exchange to retrieve contact data from external source

Hi all,

I'd like to setup an Exchange server to retrieve data from an external
source.  There are three use-cases, where:

 1. A new contact is created in the external source.  Update exchange.
 2. A contact is deleted in the external source.  Update exchange.
 3. A contact is changed in the external source.  Update exchange.

And updates should only work one way, from the external source to Exchange.
I'm free to select the update protocol and data format, so I was wondering
if you have any suggestions how this could be implemented.

Thanks,

Morten

On 8 Sep 2004 22:49:12 -0700, morten@nidelven-it.no (Morten W.
Petersen) wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'd like to setup an Exchange server to retrieve data from an external
>source.  There are three use-cases, where:
>
> 1. A new contact is created in the external source.  Update exchange.
> 2. A contact is deleted in the external source.  Update exchange.
> 3. A contact is changed in the external source.  Update exchange.
>
>And updates should only work one way, from the external source to Exchange.
>I'm free to select the update protocol and data format, so I was wondering
>if you have any suggestions how this could be implemented.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Morten
Obviously depends on what the external source is, but if it's within
the realm of LDAP then take a look at SimpleSync www.cps-systems.com

0
mark7219 (5666)

Query Exceeds the limit of data for a single record
I have designed a database for tracking results from surveys filled out by participants attending various workshops. I am running into problems with a query that sums, counts, and groups together each question on the survey. The field data type for the question is "text". I have a total of 15 questions on the survey. When I run the query, I receive an error message stating that the form or report is based on a query in which it exceeds the limit of data for a single record. My table field properties are set at 255 characters. Some of my questions may be larger than 255. How mi...

setting up new outlook mail account

Hideing Contacts in GAL
I just started working for a Professionl sports team in the MIS dept and have found that on our Exchange Server we have Contacts for every teams players. This is fine but we do not want to see them in our Global address list, how can we go about removing them or hideing them without having to go into the properties of each and hideing. If we hide them will they still be available? Thanks, Brian ...

CRM External Web Access
Where can I find instructions on configuring our CRM site to be available via the web? We're using SBS 2003 with ISA 2004. -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com on the CRM cd there should be a documentation folder with a PDF of the implementation guide.or download it here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&DisplayLang=en This is a good read: http://www.sbs-rocks.com/crm/crmsbeinstall.htm "karupspc@yahoo.com" wrote: > on the CRM ...

WM5 can not sync to exchange
My mobile device is running WM5 and my exchange server is a SBS2003 SP1 running ISA 2004 The Exchange server has a self issued certificate that is trusted by the mobile device. The system worked correctly for over a year, but began failing last night after changing some DNS entries. these entries have been changed back but errors continue. No errors are found in the event log. The mobile device is able to access the server, both when connected to a internal desktop computer, and over the mobile GPRS but it fails to sync in both cases. The following error message is received from act...

how can I change the scale of the numbers in my chart data table?
I have set up a simple graph, and I have opted to show a data table at the bottom which shows my graph results numerically. However, whilst I have changed the scale on the value axis with no problem, I cannot change the scale of my data table to thousands.. the only option I seem to have is to be able to format the font. Please can you help? A chart data table has very limited capability. Instead of using one, consider simulating the effect. See Custom Chart Table http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel,...

OWA Set Rule problem

owa doesnt display a login dialog and wont send picture attachments in exchange 2000
one user out of several doenst get a login dialog when he goes to owa for exchange 2000. it's as if his computer is eternally loged in anyone can walk up to his computer and goto the url server/exchange and go right into his inbox without it prompting for a user name and password. thats' real secure, just what we need here in the "enterprise" the other problem, is that he , unlike all the other users, cannot attach a picture to his email from owa. when he clicks on attach it doesnt do anything. his machine is running xp pro with sp2 just like other users. On 25 May 2006 1...

How to set backcolour

Outlook 2003 Disconnected from Exchange Server 2003, will not reconnect.
Two days ago after setting up a mobile phone to act as a modem for my laptop, testing it, and disabling the dial-up connection associated with it, and reconnecting to my domain and usual network (non-GPRS) I find that I can no longer connect to my Exchange Server. The "Working Offline" icon shows up in the lower-right hand corner of the Outlook Client window, and when I uncheck "Work Offline", I get prompted for a username and password. Normally, I should just be able to cancel out of this window and Outlook works fine again. However, since two days ago, it does not. Th...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

Exchange 5.5 Export and Import issue
We did an export of our Exchange 5.5 system, Changed the display name on all the mailboxes and then imported it back without any problems. We changed it from First Name to Last Name, First. In the admin app, the display name field looks correct. In the address book in Outlook, it looks correct. When you receive an email from someone, the From Field that the email came from did not change. It is still First Name, Last Name. Is there something I missed? -- FastEddie Rockwell ---------------------------------- Check us out at: www.therockwells.net ----------------------------------- You ha...

Sharing Contact Forms on Exchange 2003
I have a user that created contact forms using Outlook (Office 2003). Server side, I have Exchange 2003 running on SBS 2003. The user would like to share these forms with the organization. What is the best way to publish the custom contact forms in Exchange 2003? Dragging the form to the public folders copies the data, but nothing more. Thanks in advance, J Wolfgang Goerlich ...

priv corrupt? can't backup exchange 2003 store.
Hello, I have a 2 week old exchange 2003 server, that just started reporting corrupt during backups. Then when i checked the logs, i see ESE event id 478 regarding the information in my stm file has a different checksum than it should. here is a copy of the log. I use veritas and have also tried ntbackup. Information Store (3752) The streaming page read from the file "D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.stm" at offset 669147136 (0x0000000027e26000) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed verification due to a page checksum mismatch. The expected checksum was 2178151671 ...

Transferring Excel Data to Word...??? Help, ASAP!!!
I have to make "class passes" every week. They Include the student's name, Group color, homeroom teacher's name and room number, number of the room they will be going to, and the date and time. It is very hard to type in all of this data EVERY week... I have an excel spreadsheet that has all of this data in it. How do I "get my computer" to just "fill in" the blanks? for example, i have my data, and i press some key, and the names, teachers names, dates, times, room #s, etc. are filled in automatically. I've tried to make a template, i ju...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I color specific data series based on location on data she
I have about 150 data series in a chart and I want to color e.g. 10 of them red based on where in the data sheet they are located, e.g. data i column J to T. Is there an easy way to do this? Format one of them the way you want. Select the other series you want to change and press F4. This may be difficult with 150 series, however. "Havard" <Havard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F62297E-447B-4507-8D4A-A2C9A38C08EA@microsoft.com... > I have about 150 data series in a chart and I want to color e.g. 10 of them > red based on where in the data sheet ...

How do I set OOR

Set Focus