Setting up a new user

I'm experimenting with Exchange server 2003 in a lab environment.  I've got
one user set up
and able to access his mailbox.  I then created a second user on the server.
When I try to
connect to his mailbox from a client PC, Outlook tells me:

 "Unable to open your default e-mail folders.  You must connect to your
Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can
synchronize your folders with your offline folder file".

What the heck does that mean?  How do I do what it is asking?  The client PC
is running XP Pro,
and I did restart it and log on to the server using the second user's ID.

0
comaxis (7)

If you are using Outlook 2003, make sure you are not using cached mode
profiles.

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

"Jeff McKay" <comaxis@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm experimenting with Exchange server 2003 in a lab environment.  I've
> got
> one user set up
> and able to access his mailbox.  I then created a second user on the
> server.
> When I try to
> connect to his mailbox from a client PC, Outlook tells me:
>
> "Unable to open your default e-mail folders.  You must connect to your
> Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can
> synchronize your folders with your offline folder file".
>
> What the heck does that mean?  How do I do what it is asking?  The client
> PC
> is running XP Pro,
> and I did restart it and log on to the server using the second user's ID.

0
nospam6185 (535)
8/11/2004 2:40:27 AM
Where is "cached mode" set in a profile?  I don't see that anywhere in the
profile
editor (Mail application in control panel).  Outlook does not even let me
get to the
point of choosing a profile before it shut down with the error message.

"Michael Abbaticchio[MVP]" <nospam@abbaticchio.com> wrote in message
> If you are using Outlook 2003, make sure you are not using cached mode
> profiles.

0
comaxis (7)
8/11/2004 3:46:32 AM
The same page where you specify the mailbox and server.  Why don't you just
delete the profile and create a new one?

--

> Where is "cached mode" set in a profile?  I don't see that anywhere in the
> profile
> editor (Mail application in control panel).  Outlook does not even let me
> get to the
> point of choosing a profile before it shut down with the error message.
>
> "Michael Abbaticchio[MVP]" <nospam@abbaticchio.com> wrote in message
>> If you are using Outlook 2003, make sure you are not using cached mode
>> profiles.

0
nospam6185 (535)

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

After Send/Receive is initiated, "new messages" appears but no new
After send/receive is initiated, "new messages preceded by a number appears in lower right but there are no new messages in any of the folders. Please advise. Also, mail rules have disappeared. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "PedalrsInn" <PedalrsInn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:2C662A30-FC48-4A2E-B74E-F70552E00217@microsoft.com... > After send/receive is initiated,...

How to set backcolour

New Workbook
When I open a new workbook a "New Workbook" panel opens on the right. How can I get rid of that so it doesn't open every time I open a workbook? Thank you Karen, try tools, options, view, and uncheck startup task pane -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Karen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a58301c4d626$5931e540$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I open a new work...

Add New Group in Tasks List
Outlook 2007 On the Navigation pane in the Task list there is an "Add New Group" option. I have created a new group called Custom Views, but I have not been able to figure out how to add my custom views to the new group. What kinds of items can be placed in a group, and how do I add items to a group? Any help will be greatly appreciated. --Tom You can only place folders in the groups, not views. Show the Advanced toolbar and you can easily select the custom views. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Soluti...

using User properties in Inbox Rules
Enviroment: Exchange 2000 SP3 Outlook 2002 SP1 I like to setup a inbox rule based on the User property "department". The problem is, the user properties from the mails in the Inbox are always empty (in my active directory the user property "department" is filled with the correct departmentname. I think in Exchange 5.5 this functionality had worked. Any ideas to solve the requirement? ...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

How to point clients to new exchange name?
Is there a way (maybe using GPOs) to update clients' computers to point to a different exchange server? Here's my situation: I added an Exchange 2003 server to my 5.5 environment. I'm going to take out my 5.5 server (mail.company.com) and just have my 2003 server (mail03.company.com). How can I update the users' machines to point to the 2003 server? Is there a script or a GPO I can push down to update everyone's profiles? Or is this something that will update automatically when I remove the 5.5 server? Thanks! -Nick If they're using Outlook, you don't ...

CRM1.2 -> CRM3.0 on new server
Hello We have CRM1.2 running fine on SBS2003 Premium. I want to do a fresh installation of SBS2003 and install CRM3.0 from scratch (going to put new drives in the server). What is my best option for transferring the data from CRM1.2 to the new CRM3.0 installation? Thanks Andrew 1. Redeploy v1.2 to the new server 2. Upgrade the new server to 3.0 Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Andrew Hussey" wrote: > Hello > > We have CRM1.2 running fine on SBS2003 Premium. I want to do a fresh > installation of SBS2003 and install CRM3....

How do you prevent a user from clearing their deleted folder?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I want to be able to prevent users from clearing out their deleted folder. I'm ok if I delete a message from my inbox, but I want to make sure once that email is in the deleted folder it stays there until an administrator comes and clears the folder out. Please help. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3355748283_803678 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Con...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Permission to add email address to user
We have a setup with a root domain called sun.local (SUN) and a child domain called ki.sun.local (KI). The forest and both domains are in Windows 2003 functional level. The SUN domain has an Exchange 2003 server running in native mode. In the SUN domain the user sunadmin is Enterprise Admin, Domain Admin and Exchange Full Administrator. In the KI domain the user kiadmin is Domain Admin. kiadmin had been made Exchange View Only Admin on the Exchange organization. We would like kiadmin to be able to create and administer new users in the KI domain and everything seems to work fine except ...

How do I set OOR

Set Focus

Move folder to new tree in Ex2003
I've been asked to move one of the public folders to a new tree on the same server. No particular reason, just seemed like a good idea at the time. I only have one server, and it is used lightly. Is this possible? What is the best way? (david) ? Are you sure that you mean a different/new public folder tree? There can only be one MAPI-type public folder tree per server, and creating a new public folder tree would mean having a separate public folder store. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS F...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

Setting the Settings
Really quickly: How (exactly) does one get Publisher to remember the page settings I want. ie. every time I open a new document, I get centimeters, and usually, I'd prefer inches. I have not been able to find a "Save Settings" option anywhere. Can anyone help? thomas In Publisher 2000 it's Tools Options General tab Measurements unit box - select inches. OK That should do it. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "ThomasL" <tlammert@netcom.ca> wrote in message ne...