Set up alias email address for existing user

Hello

I am new to exchange 2003, and I need to set up 2 alias address for
sales@company.com and support@company.com to be forwarded to
user@company.com. I tried to setting up a contact for sales@comapny.com, but
then I couldn't forward that to user@company.com. How do I get this done?

Thanks in advance for the assist.

0
newbee100 (2)

Aloha newbee100,

Just go to Active Director Users & Computers, find the user for user@company.com,
open their properties and go to the e-mail addresses tab.  You can add the
additional addresses there.

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr - MVP
http://www.rolandschorr.com
Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm

> Hello
>
> I am new to exchange 2003, and I need to set up 2 alias address for
> sales@company.com and support@company.com to be forwarded to
> user@company.com. I tried to setting up a contact for
> sales@comapny.com, but then I couldn't forward that to
> user@company.com. How do I get this done?
>
> Thanks in advance for the assist.

0
bens1040 (30)
6/13/2006 3:30:18 AM
Newbee100,

The other question is if you want this user@company.com to be able to send
email as sales@company.com and support@company.com?  If not then the answer
that Ben gave would be the easiest way.

However if you want this user to be able to send mail as these addresses
then you should just create 2 users Sales@company.com and
Support@company.com.  Then disable the mail enabled accounts.  Also make sure
that the Associate External Account is checked for the Self account.  Once
you have done that then give user@company.com full mailbox access and read
permissions to the mailbox of these disabled users.  (Done under maibox
rights button on Exchange Advanced Tab of the User in ADUC)

Hope this helps,

Kalvin

"newbee100" wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am new to exchange 2003, and I need to set up 2 alias address for
> sales@company.com and support@company.com to be forwarded to
> user@company.com. I tried to setting up a contact for sales@comapny.com, but
> then I couldn't forward that to user@company.com. How do I get this done?
>
> Thanks in advance for the assist.

can someone please explain to me the part where user@company.com is able to
send email as either info@ or sales@

I don't understand this part. There can only be one smtp primary so I'm a
little lost how this works.

"Kalvin Koether" wrote:

> Newbee100,
>
> The other question is if you want this user@company.com to be able to send
> email as sales@company.com and support@company.com?  If not then the answer
> that Ben gave would be the easiest way.
>
> However if you want this user to be able to send mail as these addresses
> then you should just create 2 users Sales@company.com and
> Support@company.com.  Then disable the mail enabled accounts.  Also make sure
> that the Associate External Account is checked for the Self account.  Once
> you have done that then give user@company.com full mailbox access and read
> permissions to the mailbox of these disabled users.  (Done under maibox
> rights button on Exchange Advanced Tab of the User in ADUC)
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Kalvin
>
> "newbee100" wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I am new to exchange 2003, and I need to set up 2 alias address for
> > sales@company.com and support@company.com to be forwarded to
> > user@company.com. I tried to setting up a contact for sales@comapny.com, but
> > then I couldn't forward that to user@company.com. How do I get this done?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for the assist.

0
sandgroper (31)
8/15/2006 9:10:02 AM
The instructions below are for creating a second mailbox.  If you have
permissions to that mailbox, you can tell Outlook to "send as".

There is a third party utility that lets the user choose which SMTP address
the message is going to be "from"
http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2005/06/exchange-users-needing-to-choose-reply.html

--
Jim McBee
Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

"sandgroper" <sandgroper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can someone please explain to me the part where user@company.com is able
> send email as either info@ or sales@
>
> I don't understand this part. There can only be one smtp primary so I'm a
> little lost how this works.
>
> "Kalvin Koether" wrote:
>
>> Newbee100,
>>
>> The other question is if you want this user@company.com to be able to
>> send
>> email as sales@company.com and support@company.com?  If not then the
>> answer
>> that Ben gave would be the easiest way.
>>
>> However if you want this user to be able to send mail as these addresses
>> then you should just create 2 users Sales@company.com and
>> Support@company.com.  Then disable the mail enabled accounts.  Also make
>> sure
>> that the Associate External Account is checked for the Self account.
>> Once
>> you have done that then give user@company.com full mailbox access and
>> read
>> permissions to the mailbox of these disabled users.  (Done under maibox
>> rights button on Exchange Advanced Tab of the User in ADUC)
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Kalvin
>>
>> "newbee100" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello
>> >
>> > I am new to exchange 2003, and I need to set up 2 alias address for
>> > sales@company.com and support@company.com to be forwarded to
>> > user@company.com. I tried to setting up a contact for
>> > sales@comapny.com, but
>> > then I couldn't forward that to user@company.com. How do I get this
>> > done?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance for the assist.

0
jmcbee9404 (625)

setting up new outlook mail account

Email sent from iphone not formatted to read in entourage
For starters, I'm using a new macbook pro, and entourage 2008 - via an exchange server environment I just noticed that I can read sent email from entourage formatted just as it was when it was sent (the good news). However, when I send an email from my iphone, the sent folder in entourage displays the sent mail, but formats it in a manner that's not readable (more like code) - in the sent folder, it shows no recipient and no subject. Enclosures are also not showing up in the sent folder On 1/27/10 4:28 PM, Tim Bradbury wrote: > For starters, I'm using a new mac...

OWA Set Rule problem

email fonts #2
Dear all Why do some of the emails I receive come over in Courier? And when I reply I can't change the font. I am on Outlook 2007. EGB Are you receiving then sending email in plain text mode ? kev "egb" <egb@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message news:OqK1qILtHHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Dear all > > Why do some of the emails I receive come over in Courier? And when I > reply I can't change the font. I am on Outlook 2007. > > EGB > > > > > ...

Outlook Express like address book window
Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of addresses in one's default address book, much like that in Outlook Express? Thanks for any input Outlook is not Express so probably not. Why do you not use your contacts folder in Outlook? List it in phone list view. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Curtis Vaughan asked: | Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of | add...

How to set backcolour

using User properties in Inbox Rules
Enviroment: Exchange 2000 SP3 Outlook 2002 SP1 I like to setup a inbox rule based on the User property "department". The problem is, the user properties from the mails in the Inbox are always empty (in my active directory the user property "department" is filled with the correct departmentname. I think in Exchange 5.5 this functionality had worked. Any ideas to solve the requirement? ...

Editing/Renaming a senders Email Address in the received message
Hello - I'm in a bit of a situation. I use a web processing cgi script that doesn't allow the senders address to be that of the email field on my web site's form - so any messages I receive processed through the web form have an email/reply-to address of FORMBUDDY (no- reply@formbuddy.com). Now, with hundreds of forms in my inbox, I'd like to change the sender/reply to address manually, so that everytime I want to send an email to the individual/company who filled out the form, I don't have to cut and paste there email address in to the TO: field. Anotherwords,...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

Can I import 100 addresses into MapPoint, locate and print all?
I want to import and display up to 100 addresses (within a three county area) on a map that I can enlarge and print to a plotter. Can this be done with MapPoint? If so... How? Jaws wrote: > I want to import and display up to 100 addresses (within a three county area) > on a map that I can enlarge and print to a plotter. Can this be done with > MapPoint? > If so... How? MapPoint is a separate product from Excel. Bill From within MapPoint you can import the addresses from an Excel worksheet. I don't work with MapPoint but on experiment using Data>Import I...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

Permission to add email address to user
We have a setup with a root domain called sun.local (SUN) and a child domain called ki.sun.local (KI). The forest and both domains are in Windows 2003 functional level. The SUN domain has an Exchange 2003 server running in native mode. In the SUN domain the user sunadmin is Enterprise Admin, Domain Admin and Exchange Full Administrator. In the KI domain the user kiadmin is Domain Admin. kiadmin had been made Exchange View Only Admin on the Exchange organization. We would like kiadmin to be able to create and administer new users in the KI domain and everything seems to work fine except ...

Set Focus

Bulk Email and Mail Merge
Hi I have some questions for a mailmerge. First how can i do a bulk email, i mean send an email to 100 or 500 users? Can I use a view for that? What for groups should i use, a quick campaign group? If I do a quick Campaign and i would like to send a mailmerge with word letter, how can I do that? Can I only do that with the outlook client or is it also possible with the Webclient? Thank's Michel There are a number of ISV solutions which will let you mail merge from a web client ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm ...

Re:Name on Outgoing Email
Thanks,Vanguard.the second option worked,changing the User Name in Outlook's email accounts dialog box sends that name and not the "hotmail" name out. ...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

automatically open last email when starting outlook
want to turn it off, cant find the checkbox to do it, know its there. "bpaterson" <bpaterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9662D299-D45C-40B6-A50A-74D61C661874@microsoft.com... > want to turn it off, cant find the checkbox to do it, know its there. Are you saying that when you start Outlook, two windows open, one for the Outlook main window and another for the most recent message in the Inbox? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] bpaterson wrote: > want to turn it off, cant find the checkbox to do it, know its there. Whether you use ...