Set public folder as default address list

Is there a way that I can set a public contact folder as the default address
list when composing a message on all of my clients?

JBeckett [MCSA] <JBeckettMCSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Is there a way that I can set a public contact folder as the default
> address list when composing a message on all of my clients?

This is an Outlook thing. You can change the Outlook Address Book to display
whatever you like as its initial view, in the settings in the address book
menu, I believe. You don't want to make Outlook do *lookups* first from the
public contacts folder, or your contacts folder, though - keep the GAL first
for name checking.

0
lanwench (7566)

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

How to set backcolour

Changing Default Recipient Policy
Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in changing the Default Recipient Policy? What exactly are trying to accomplish? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CF17444-BCBE-414F-9950-FB5B3EF78FF0@microsoft.com... > Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in > changing the Default Recipient Policy? > Our default policy is @companyname.local and will not send NDR's externally. http://suppo...

Outlook Express like address book window
Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of addresses in one's default address book, much like that in Outlook Express? Thanks for any input Outlook is not Express so probably not. Why do you not use your contacts folder in Outlook? List it in phone list view. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Curtis Vaughan asked: | Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of | add...

Mega Newbie
MS Exchange V5.5 with Outlook 2000 clients. The size of our exchange databases seem to be growing at a serious rate. I believe that the files priv.edb and pub.edb are the user folders and public folders respectively - can someone confirm this please? Our file sizes are 1Gb for priv and 3Gb for pub. This means at least some users have a serious allocation for their user folders - total number of users approx 30! Is it possible to examine the system via exchange to find out which user's folders are taking up all the space? TIA Phil Hi There, >-----Original Message----- >MS Ex...

Editing/Renaming a senders Email Address in the received message
Hello - I'm in a bit of a situation. I use a web processing cgi script that doesn't allow the senders address to be that of the email field on my web site's form - so any messages I receive processed through the web form have an email/reply-to address of FORMBUDDY (no- reply@formbuddy.com). Now, with hundreds of forms in my inbox, I'd like to change the sender/reply to address manually, so that everytime I want to send an email to the individual/company who filled out the form, I don't have to cut and paste there email address in to the TO: field. Anotherwords,...

Sent mail in sub folder
When I reply to a message that is directed to a sub folder of my inbox the sent message is moved into the same sub folder rather than the sent items folder. I'm sure I turned something on by accident. Anyone know where this option is in Outlook 2002? Thanks... Go to Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Advanced E-mail Options. Clear the checkbox next to "In folders other than the Inbox, save replies wth original message". -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the mess...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

outlook folder sychronization
I am having trouble shutting down, outlook starts to sychronize the folders everytime I close. It seems to be looking for a server or something. At comptuer shut down it says outlook.exc is still running, even thou outlook is visably not there but the icon still shows outlook sychronizing. Is there a setting I need to turn off? Help "Steve Outlook" <SteveOutlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F50E01E-C0C0-4CB4-A37C-D891707D9C14@microsoft.com... >I am having trouble shutting down, outlook starts to sychronize the folders > everytime I close. It s...

i can not see any mails inside archieve folders in outlook?
I transferred my mails and folders from outlook express to outlook 2007 successfully. It was 9.6 gb in total. I have archieved individual folders. However, i can see only structure (tree of folders) and there is nothing inside any folders. What could be the proble. Is there any other way to do archieve. I have downloaded back tool and done back up of outlook.pst. But i want to use archieve feature alsp. Sunil Dhanuka wrote: > I transferred my mails and folders from outlook express to outlook 2007 > successfully. It was 9.6 gb in total. I have archieved individual folders...

Moving files in MDBDATA Folder
I have an Exchange 2003 installation on a Windows 2003 server and the C: drive is getting very low on disk space. I checked this morning and it had 8 MB free. I was able to free up about 750 MB but I notcied that the MDBDATA folder on the C: drive is like 4GB and is loaded with .txt files with names such as E0000E9B, E0000E9C, E0000E9D, etc. Is there a way to move this to another drive or how can we get rid of some of them? Thanks for your help in advance. Charlie These are probably log files and not text/txt files. If you also see EDB and STM files in there, these belong to the ...

Reading Pane Settings

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Can I import 100 addresses into MapPoint, locate and print all?
I want to import and display up to 100 addresses (within a three county area) on a map that I can enlarge and print to a plotter. Can this be done with MapPoint? If so... How? Jaws wrote: > I want to import and display up to 100 addresses (within a three county area) > on a map that I can enlarge and print to a plotter. Can this be done with > MapPoint? > If so... How? MapPoint is a separate product from Excel. Bill From within MapPoint you can import the addresses from an Excel worksheet. I don't work with MapPoint but on experiment using Data>Import I...

How do you prevent a user from clearing their deleted folder?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I want to be able to prevent users from clearing out their deleted folder. I'm ok if I delete a message from my inbox, but I want to make sure once that email is in the deleted folder it stays there until an administrator comes and clears the folder out. Please help. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3355748283_803678 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Con...

How do I set OOR

Opening to a default tab?
Hello, Is there a way to get a workbook to default to a certain tab when opening the file? I noticed that it opens to whatever page was open when last saved but I want it to always open to the first sheet regardless. Any ideas? Thank you in advance, Joe Use the Workbook_open event in ThisWorkbook module or an auto_open macro in a regular module sub auto_open() sheets("mysheet").select end sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Joe" <Joe@home.com> wrote in message news:eZpp9EUKEHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is there a wa...

Permission to add email address to user
We have a setup with a root domain called sun.local (SUN) and a child domain called ki.sun.local (KI). The forest and both domains are in Windows 2003 functional level. The SUN domain has an Exchange 2003 server running in native mode. In the SUN domain the user sunadmin is Enterprise Admin, Domain Admin and Exchange Full Administrator. In the KI domain the user kiadmin is Domain Admin. kiadmin had been made Exchange View Only Admin on the Exchange organization. We would like kiadmin to be able to create and administer new users in the KI domain and everything seems to work fine except ...

Set Focus