Set policies for items archivation on Exchange

Hi,

it's posibble to set policies for AutoArchive? Eg. where to save old items
from outlook, which folders should be archived and the age of items?

Or should can it be done using GPO?

Thanks, Jozef Izso.

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 02:53:02 -0800, Jozef Izso
<jozef.izso@nospam.postalias> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>it's posibble to set policies for AutoArchive? Eg. where to save old items
>from outlook, which folders should be archived and the age of items?
>
>Or should can it be done using GPO?

Yes, I believe you can set this with the outlook adm using a GPO.

>Thanks, Jozef Izso.
0
adavid (8731)
11/28/2006 1:53:33 PM
Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

Based on my research, you can download the Office 2003 Resource Kit and add
the Outlook ADM template in GPO. However administrative Template for
Outlook which is using via GPO is unable to enable the Autoarchive for each
folder and it is also limited to configure the path of PST file. GPO can
only configure some general and default settings for the AutoArchive
feature and push them into clients.

I would explain that the ADM template in Resource Kit mainly provides the
functions to use GPO to lock down the options under Outlook Tools menu ->
Options. So we can use GPO to force the default AutoArchive settings, but
cannot force to enable/disable the AutoArchive in individual folders. Your
understanding is appreciated.

Regarding the current situation, I have helped you perform a research
through Internet. Fortunately, I have found a third party application for
Outlook to archive the old items in your users' individual mailboxes. For
your convenience, I have listed the link as below:

Symprex AutoArchive Manager
http://www.symprex.com/products/aam/

For more information about the third party tools to implement Autoarchive
task in Exchange Server Side, please refer to the following web link.

Housekeeping and Message Management
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm

Warning: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web
site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.
Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or
information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any
representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any
software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use
of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make
sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software
from the Internet.

I hope the information above is helpful.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to let me know.
I'm happy to be of assistance and looking forward to your reply.

Have a good day!

Best Regards,

Chace Zhang (MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

This newsgroup only focuses on Exchange technical issues. If you have
issues regarding other Microsoft products, you'd better post in the
corresponding newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and
timely manner. You can locate the newsgroup here:

issue.

--------------------
| From: Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com>
| Subject: Re: Set policies for items archivation on Exchange
| Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 08:53:33 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
|
| On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 02:53:02 -0800, Jozef Izso
| <jozef.izso@nospam.postalias> wrote:
|
| >Hi,
| >
| >it's posibble to set policies for AutoArchive? Eg. where to save old
items
| >from outlook, which folders should be archived and the age of items?
| >
| >Or should can it be done using GPO?
|
| Yes, I believe you can set this with the outlook adm using a GPO.
|

| >Thanks, Jozef Izso.

0
v-chacez (123)

how to return serial number of serialized item that was just scann
is there a property that will return the serial number of the item just added if the item is serialized? i need to set the value of a variable with this serial number, to populate a text field in a userform. is this possible? thank you, kevin I don't know if this is it but have you tried... TransactionEntry.Serialized Property The Serialized property gets the serialized item for the transaction entry. Public Property Get Serialized( ) As SerializedItem Property Value SerializedItem object that contains the serialized item for the transaction entry. If the item for the transaction...

OWA Set Rule problem

WM5 can not sync to exchange
My mobile device is running WM5 and my exchange server is a SBS2003 SP1 running ISA 2004 The Exchange server has a self issued certificate that is trusted by the mobile device. The system worked correctly for over a year, but began failing last night after changing some DNS entries. these entries have been changed back but errors continue. No errors are found in the event log. The mobile device is able to access the server, both when connected to a internal desktop computer, and over the mobile GPRS but it fails to sync in both cases. The following error message is received from act...

setting up new outlook mail account

"Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" option problem
I want to backup the all message sent or received by mailboxes, I find that there is an option "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store " in Exchanger 2003. I had selected this option and forward to public folder. But I found that not all message will be archived. - All message sent by mailboxes can be archived - Some Messages come from mailboxes will not be archived Eg: yahoo, hotmail, and other company Is this option not archive this message ? Any other setting need to configure ? Dennis ...

Viewing recurring Items
I've just set up about 14 annually recurring items in my calendar. When I go to View-Current View-Recurring Items it only shows those items that occur weekly. Similarly when I go to View-Current View-by category it displays NONE of these items even though they have all been categorised with the same category. What's going on? (They display in the day-week-month view perfectly normally....) "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:%23YnlScKkHHA.2272@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I've just set up about 14 annually recurring items in my cale...

Changing Default Recipient Policy
Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in changing the Default Recipient Policy? What exactly are trying to accomplish? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Help" <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CF17444-BCBE-414F-9950-FB5B3EF78FF0@microsoft.com... > Can anyone please help me out and point out any risks that are involved in > changing the Default Recipient Policy? > Our default policy is @companyname.local and will not send NDR's externally. http://suppo...

How to set backcolour

Outlook 2003 Disconnected from Exchange Server 2003, will not reconnect.
Two days ago after setting up a mobile phone to act as a modem for my laptop, testing it, and disabling the dial-up connection associated with it, and reconnecting to my domain and usual network (non-GPRS) I find that I can no longer connect to my Exchange Server. The "Working Offline" icon shows up in the lower-right hand corner of the Outlook Client window, and when I uncheck "Work Offline", I get prompted for a username and password. Normally, I should just be able to cancel out of this window and Outlook works fine again. However, since two days ago, it does not. Th...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

Exchange 5.5 Export and Import issue
We did an export of our Exchange 5.5 system, Changed the display name on all the mailboxes and then imported it back without any problems. We changed it from First Name to Last Name, First. In the admin app, the display name field looks correct. In the address book in Outlook, it looks correct. When you receive an email from someone, the From Field that the email came from did not change. It is still First Name, Last Name. Is there something I missed? -- FastEddie Rockwell ---------------------------------- Check us out at: www.therockwells.net ----------------------------------- You ha...

Sharing Contact Forms on Exchange 2003
I have a user that created contact forms using Outlook (Office 2003). Server side, I have Exchange 2003 running on SBS 2003. The user would like to share these forms with the organization. What is the best way to publish the custom contact forms in Exchange 2003? Dragging the form to the public folders copies the data, but nothing more. Thanks in advance, J Wolfgang Goerlich ...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

viewing deleted items that are outgoing "sent" messages
Version: 2004 Processor: Power PC Hi: I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming messages, but the outgoing messages or "sent" messages have completely disappeared. Can someone please advise on how I can fix this? Thank you. Diana "Diana_Kim@officeformac.com" wrote: > I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until > recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming > messages, but the outgoing...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
Hello, As a growing company, we're now dealing with the 16GB limit on the Exchange Info Store for SBS2003. In an effort to make sure we never reach that, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive sett...

Your mailbox has been temporarily moved on Microsoft Exchange Server
I'm getting new error messages from my hotmail accounts on MS Outlook 2007 - Your mailbox has been temporarily moved on Microsoft Exchange Server. A temporary mailbox exists but might not have all of your previous data. You can connect to a temporary mailbox or work offline with all of your old data. If you choose to work with your old data, you cannot send or receive e-mail messages. Use temporary mailbox Use Old Data Cancel I don't have any exchange server accounts under this profile - just hotmail. I tried deleting the profile and cr...

Exchange Cluster Inplace Upgrade
I have to to upgrade an exchange 2000 cluster to exchange 2003 soon. MSDTC is installed in the default Cluster Group (where the Quroum Disk resides). Do I have to move the MSDTC resource to another dedicated cluster group before upgrading to exchange 2003 and windows 2003 ? If yes, what is the right procedure to do this ? Thanks MC ...

Set Focus