Set out of office reply for an additional mailbox

Is there any way of setting the out of office auto reply for a mail box that
dosen't belong to you?

When managers are out they ask me to turn on the out of office assistant for
their mailbox (to frinkin lazy to do it before they leave). How can i do this
without knowing their password?

I am using Exchange 2003 and have already try opening the mailbox in adition
to my own in Outlook 2003 and setting the out of office assistant from there
but it only sets it for my own.

0
ChardFi (2)

There are 3rd party products to help with this:

http://www.symprex.com/products/oom/

To do it yourself, I suspect you'd need to create a separate profile and log
into the mailbox that way, rather than opening an additional mailbox in your
own Outlook profile.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

"Chard-Fi" <ChardFi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way of setting the out of office auto reply for a mail box
> that
> dosen't belong to you?
>
> When managers are out they ask me to turn on the out of office assistant
> for
> their mailbox (to frinkin lazy to do it before they leave). How can i do
> this
> without knowing their password?
>
> I am using Exchange 2003 and have already try opening the mailbox in
> adition
> to my own in Outlook 2003 and setting the out of office assistant from
> there
> but it only sets it for my own.

0
neil.hobson (1158)
2/22/2006 9:56:47 AM
Neil is right.
You have to make a profile with that mailbox as target. Then you can handle
the OOO wizard of this mailbox. To do this you don't need to know the
password of the user when you have mailbox rights. So precondition is that
you are able to grant yourself mailbox rights on the AD object. I am not
sure, but I think you need full mailbox rights.
I just had a short look at at Neils link to the Third party tool, but I
think, for this solution you also need manually granted mailbox rights.

"Chard-Fi" wrote:

> Is there any way of setting the out of office auto reply for a mail box that
> dosen't belong to you?
>
> When managers are out they ask me to turn on the out of office assistant for
> their mailbox (to frinkin lazy to do it before they leave). How can i do this
> without knowing their password?
>
> I am using Exchange 2003 and have already try opening the mailbox in adition
> to my own in Outlook 2003 and setting the out of office assistant from there
> but it only sets it for my own.

0
Oliver1 (17)

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

"Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" option problem
I want to backup the all message sent or received by mailboxes, I find that there is an option "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store " in Exchanger 2003. I had selected this option and forward to public folder. But I found that not all message will be archived. - All message sent by mailboxes can be archived - Some Messages come from mailboxes will not be archived Eg: yahoo, hotmail, and other company Is this option not archive this message ? Any other setting need to configure ? Dennis ...

Office 2004 Test Drive #4
Hi Friends I just got my new MAcbook Pro and was taking it for a test drive when I came to a screeching halt. It seems my clock was set for the wrong time zone which was past midnight and hence was registering Tuesday when it was still Monday. I had already started the test drive for office 2004 and then when I was playing around and notice the time was not correct I set it. After that since the date was now one day earier my Office 2004 would not run. even though it is ow Tuesday it still will not run it tells me that it is expired (after 2 hours) is there any help for this. I am afraid...

installing trial version of microsoft office 2007?
Got a new computer, now I am trying to install the trial version of microsoft office 2007. Assistant freezes. So I went to site, but can't get trial number! It said select, but there was nothing to select, no list just blank. Also I can't locate Outlookin the folder! (Since it's a new computer, no old outlook) Which means I can't get my mail, sigh... any ideas?? Thanks! You dont require outlook to send/receive email, there are many alternatives Was this Trial preinstalled? "CJSM" <CJSM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF...

How to set backcolour

does office 2003 work on windows 7?
Can I install MS Office 2003 onto my PC running with Windows 7 Operating System or do I have to use Office 2007? "Candice" <Candice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B9E5BB4-FA6D-4761-A8D2-CCB36A2278B0@microsoft.com... > Can I install MS Office 2003 onto my PC running with Windows 7 Operating > System or do I have to use Office 2007? Yes. '03 will run on Windows 7. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "Candice" <Candice@discussions.microsoft....

Set Regional Settings but not Language

marking replies
I want to have an arrow, or something, on my inbox list that indicates I have replied to that email. I have it on other computers, but can't figure out how to install on this one. There already is... on the little envelope icon in the From column blue arrow => indicates forwarded purple arrow <= indicates replied to -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ADE4C9F-94F7-4FF6-8BB0-789ECE557E97@microsoft.com... > I want to have an arrow, or...

looking for a way to find a Missing file Microsoft Office 2000 D.
Cant find the data1.msi file Have a read at this google search result. http://snipurl.com/e6nr If no help, google for data1.msi There are other threads dealing with this. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 00:21:03 -0700, "tjsebree" <tjsebree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Cant find the data1.msi file ...

Running both Office 04 and Office 08 #2
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel The Question may of been asked already, but if I want to install Office 08 but keep Office 04. Do I need to buy the complete package again or can I just get the upgrade edition? Cheers, Becky <BeckyA10@officeformac.com> wrote: > The Question may of been asked already, but if I want to install Office > 08 but keep Office 04. Do I need to buy the complete package again or > can I just get the upgrade edition? The upgrade edition should be fine. It simply loioks for a previous install for license validat...

Installing Office 2010 Beta Language Pack on 32 bit Office 2010 RT
I have installed Office 2010 RTM on a clean copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. No other version of Office beta or otherwise has been installed since complete disk wipe. When I attempt to install Microsoft 2010 Beta Language Pack, I receive the following message: "Microsoft office 2010 does not support upgrading from a prerelease version of Microsoft Office 2010. Please remove any pre-release products and try again." I have no Office products installed except Office 2010 RTM. I am trying to install the 32 bit language pack to a 32 bit Office 2010. How do I proceed to ...

Reading Pane Settings

How do I set OOR

Office programs going into "not responding" state
I have Office XP Professional installed on a relatively new laptop (8 Months old) which is running Win Vista Home Premium. All (office programs) hav run successfully until recently. A few weeks ago - working in Outlook - with no provocation I suddenly had an 'hourglass' running - and an "Outlook not responding" message in the title bar. Within a fw seconds, the application slightly greys -out with the 'hourglass' still spinning - and the entire thing is non-responsive - only way out is to close the app.. This only effected Outlook until yesterday - but ha...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Auto Reply #13
Can someone please let me know how to set up an Auto Reply on my email...I will be away from my office on vacation and I would like to set up an auto reply to advise anyone trying to contact me that I will be away. I am currently using Outlook 2000. Please help if you can.....You have no idea how long I've been trying to figure this out Linda You can use Outlook Rules Wizard or one of the third-party automatic rules processing addins. See http://www.slipstick.com/rules/index.htm and http://www.slipstick.com/addins/index.htm . -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outl...

Set Focus

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...