Set Host Name in POP3 Connector

I e-mailed this question to the list a couple of weeks ago but got no replies
:-(
Is their an MVP out there who can shed light on this issue?

When my CEO logs into our Exchange POP3 Connector from his TREO 600
handheld, the headers display the NT Domain name as follows:

I don't really want to go through the process of renaming the domain name so
I was hoping there was a way of changing just the POP3 headers?   I would be
happy to just change the OoldServerName' field above or the entire string.
Thank you in advance!!

0
MikeW (46)

What do you mean OldServerName? Did you rename the server?

"mikew" <mikew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I e-mailed this question to the list a couple of weeks ago but got no
>replies
> :-(
> Is their an MVP out there who can shed light on this issue?
>
> When my CEO logs into our Exchange POP3 Connector from his TREO 600
> handheld, the headers display the NT Domain name as follows:

> I don't really want to go through the process of renaming the domain name
> so
> I was hoping there was a way of changing just the POP3 headers?   I would
> be
> happy to just change the OoldServerName' field above or the entire string.
> Thank you in advance!!

0
ewoodrick (190)
4/6/2005 2:15:36 PM
okay, I can see how that is not clear- sorry.  No, I did not rename the
server/ domain yet-- (I will do so after upgrading to 2003) but the company
name has changed.  So in reality, the POP3 connector headers display as
follows:

Received by:  Servername.domainname.com

Thats normal--- but I want to change either part of that string as that
string represents our old company name and old domain name.    CEO clicks on
headers in his TREO 600 and sees the oldcompany.olddomain.com

"Ed Woodrick" wrote:

> What do you mean OldServerName? Did you rename the server?
>

> "mikew" <mikew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I e-mailed this question to the list a couple of weeks ago but got no
> >replies
> > :-(
> > Is their an MVP out there who can shed light on this issue?
> >
> > When my CEO logs into our Exchange POP3 Connector from his TREO 600
> > handheld, the headers display the NT Domain name as follows:

> > I don't really want to go through the process of renaming the domain name
> > so
> > I was hoping there was a way of changing just the POP3 headers?   I would
> > be
> > happy to just change the OoldServerName' field above or the entire string.
> > Thank you in advance!!

0
MikeW (46)
4/6/2005 2:31:04 PM
The header will be from the new server. I'll assume that when you build the
AD, it will have the new name. The server will inheirit the new name and
therefore the header.

The header that you see should be made up of the server name and the suffix
that is added in the TCP/IP settings, not the Exchange domain.

As long as your Exchange Organization is going to exist, there will be parts
of the system that will carry the old organization name. The only way to get
rid of all of it is to migrate to a new organization, which is a lot of
work.

> okay, I can see how that is not clear- sorry.  No, I did not rename the
> server/ domain yet-- (I will do so after upgrading to 2003) but the
> company
> name has changed.  So in reality, the POP3 connector headers display as
> follows:
>
> Received by:  Servername.domainname.com
>
> Thats normal--- but I want to change either part of that string as that
> string represents our old company name and old domain name.    CEO clicks
> on
> headers in his TREO 600 and sees the oldcompany.olddomain.com
>
> "Ed Woodrick" wrote:
>
>> What do you mean OldServerName? Did you rename the server?
>>

>> "mikew" <mikew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I e-mailed this question to the list a couple of weeks ago but got no
>> >replies
>> > :-(
>> > Is their an MVP out there who can shed light on this issue?
>> >
>> > When my CEO logs into our Exchange POP3 Connector from his TREO 600
>> > handheld, the headers display the NT Domain name as follows:

>> > I don't really want to go through the process of renaming the domain
>> > name
>> > so
>> > I was hoping there was a way of changing just the POP3 headers?   I
>> > would
>> > be
>> > happy to just change the OoldServerName' field above or the entire
>> > string.
>> > Thank you in advance!!

0
ewoodrick (190)

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

Account name on marketinglist
Hi A customer wants to know if its possible in CRM 4.0 to get the parent account name in the contacts marketinglist view ? We can't add it as a field on the views ? ...

Make query headings just contain field names?
I've created Query2 based on Query1. When I select individual fields from Query1, the datasheet view displays the original query name in the column heading along with the field name: Query1.FirstName Is there a way to just display the field name: FirstName I'm using Access 2007. hi Sara, On 10.02.2010 21:46, SaraD wrote: > Is there a way to just display the field name: > FirstName Open your query in the designer and change the field selection to FirstName: Query1.FirstName mfG --> stefan <-- ...

How to set backcolour

CRM Cisco call connector
I've installed Cisco's Unified call connector 4.0.3 on our CRM 4.0 server, and the client on my PC. The client is talking to the server OK as it will search for a phone number and pick out the relevent Contact details from the Server. However When I click the Dial button ( from my client ) on a contact , the webpage it brings up is an http://localhost:5556............ . Question is why is my client looking for a localhost page, is there a config somewhere that i've missed that should be pointing it to the CRM server or Cisco Callmanager? For anyone who might hit the same pr...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

The Pivot Table field name is not valid, #2
I am receiving the above error message, but don't understand why. My data is in columns, organised as a list and the columns are labelled. What do I have to do to get over this? Thanks Denise Hey Deniseh... The Pivot table is looking for a concentric group of columns and cells, my belief without seeing the data is that you have a column in the data range that does not have heading... check to verify that each the first cell in each column of the pivot table data range has a value populated -- Thanks for your help - Joe Mac "deniseh" wrote: > I am receiving the ab...

Reading Pane Settings

Path\File name length problem Excel Crash on save as
I have a problem saving a file in code using: thisworkbook.SaveAs The problem is if the file and path length is greater than 150 then the Excel app crashes. I have tried this over a network as well as a local drive. Has anyone ever seen this problem? Thanks in advance, Stewart Rogers ...

How to point clients to new exchange name?
Is there a way (maybe using GPOs) to update clients' computers to point to a different exchange server? Here's my situation: I added an Exchange 2003 server to my 5.5 environment. I'm going to take out my 5.5 server (mail.company.com) and just have my 2003 server (mail03.company.com). How can I update the users' machines to point to the 2003 server? Is there a script or a GPO I can push down to update everyone's profiles? Or is this something that will update automatically when I remove the 5.5 server? Thanks! -Nick If they're using Outlook, you don't ...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

Is it possible to create a crm user without a domain login name?
Is it possible to create a crm user without a domain login name? Isn't domain logon name a required field? I heard somewhere that this was possible? We need to change some account's owners to future domain users. Domainlogname is required field in CRM Like --- (Microsoft\ba) and it means you need to create a user in CRM .Account always has an owner , which is CRM user. would like to hear if someone has some tricks to bypass the domainlogname :=) ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ IT is required when you create the user, but once you have created the user, ...

Set Focus

Re:Name on Outgoing Email
Thanks,Vanguard.the second option worked,changing the User Name in Outlook's email accounts dialog box sends that name and not the "hotmail" name out. ...

Excel 2007: is it possible to get in the title bar the complete file name & path?
Hi everybody, not a major issue but... Is it possible to display the complete file name & path in the title bar of Excel 2007, by means of some kind of AutoOpen macro, for example? If so, what code should I write in the macro? Many thanks in advance for your kind help. with Brgds, Daniel Office 2007 newbie Hi. Use : Application.Caption = ActiveWorkbook.FullName Regards. Daniel > Hi everybody, > > not a major issue but... > > Is it possible to display the complete file name & path in the title bar of > Excel 2007, by means of some kind of AutoOpen macro, for e...

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

Setting the Settings
Really quickly: How (exactly) does one get Publisher to remember the page settings I want. ie. every time I open a new document, I get centimeters, and usually, I'd prefer inches. I have not been able to find a "Save Settings" option anywhere. Can anyone help? thomas In Publisher 2000 it's Tools Options General tab Measurements unit box - select inches. OK That should do it. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "ThomasL" <tlammert@netcom.ca> wrote in message ne...