Service Pack 2 and IMF

I have been looking through the newsgroups it seems that a lot of people are
having problems with the IMF.    My IMF is currently at 6.5.7202.0 version.
What is the correct procedure to get to Service Pack 2?     Do I have to
remove the IMF first and then install Serivce Pack 2?  Or with the version I
have will I be okay just to install Service Pack 2, I hope this is the case
because I would like to keep my current settings.

0
sabo_e (163)

"Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message
> I have been looking through the newsgroups it seems that a lot of
people are
> having problems with the IMF.    My IMF is currently at 6.5.7202.0
version.
> What is the correct procedure to get to Service Pack 2?     Do I
have to
> remove the IMF first and then install Serivce Pack 2?  Or with the
version I
> have will I be okay just to install Service Pack 2, I hope this is
the case
> because I would like to keep my current settings.

You need to uninstall IMF first, then apply SP2.  The SP2 version of
IMF is 6.5.7638 .  You will need to view the General properties of the
SMTP Virtual Server, click the Advanced button, click Edit and
re-enable IMF using the checkbox.  I had to, anyway.

Lee.

--
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
www.owapda.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________

0
Lee
10/27/2005 12:45:01 PM
Lee,
     Thanks for the reply.    Will my configuration settings stay the same
or will I have to write those down also?     Why does Microsoft do this to us
all the time, why can't the upgrade do the unistall for us?

"Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote:

> "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message
> > I have been looking through the newsgroups it seems that a lot of
> people are
> > having problems with the IMF.    My IMF is currently at 6.5.7202.0
> version.
> > What is the correct procedure to get to Service Pack 2?     Do I
> have to
> > remove the IMF first and then install Serivce Pack 2?  Or with the
> version I
> > have will I be okay just to install Service Pack 2, I hope this is
> the case
> > because I would like to keep my current settings.
>
> You need to uninstall IMF first, then apply SP2.  The SP2 version of
> IMF is 6.5.7638 .  You will need to view the General properties of the
> SMTP Virtual Server, click the Advanced button, click Edit and
> re-enable IMF using the checkbox.  I had to, anyway.
>
> Lee.

> Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
> www.owapda.com
> email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

sabo_e (163)
10/27/2005 1:22:02 PM
Lee,
    After I uninstall the IMF will I need to reboot the server?

"Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote:

> "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message
> > I have been looking through the newsgroups it seems that a lot of
> people are
> > having problems with the IMF.    My IMF is currently at 6.5.7202.0
> version.
> > What is the correct procedure to get to Service Pack 2?     Do I
> have to
> > remove the IMF first and then install Serivce Pack 2?  Or with the
> version I
> > have will I be okay just to install Service Pack 2, I hope this is
> the case
> > because I would like to keep my current settings.
>
> You need to uninstall IMF first, then apply SP2.  The SP2 version of
> IMF is 6.5.7638 .  You will need to view the General properties of the
> SMTP Virtual Server, click the Advanced button, click Edit and
> re-enable IMF using the checkbox.  I had to, anyway.
>
> Lee.

> Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
> www.owapda.com
> email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

sabo_e (163)
10/27/2005 1:25:05 PM
No, but it will briefly stop some services.

> Lee,
>    After I uninstall the IMF will I need to reboot the server?
>

> "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message
>> > I have been looking through the newsgroups it seems that a lot of
>> people are
>> > having problems with the IMF.    My IMF is currently at 6.5.7202.0
>> version.
>> > What is the correct procedure to get to Service Pack 2?     Do I
>> have to
>> > remove the IMF first and then install Serivce Pack 2?  Or with the
>> version I
>> > have will I be okay just to install Service Pack 2, I hope this is
>> the case
>> > because I would like to keep my current settings.
>>
>> You need to uninstall IMF first, then apply SP2.  The SP2 version of
>> IMF is 6.5.7638 .  You will need to view the General properties of the
>> SMTP Virtual Server, click the Advanced button, click Edit and
>> re-enable IMF using the checkbox.  I had to, anyway.
>>
>> Lee.
>>
>> --
>> _______________________________________
>>
>> Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
>> www.owapda.com
>> email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

tfelts1 (344)
10/27/2005 1:53:25 PM
No.  I did this with a server just yesterday, and no reboot required.
Installing SP2 didn't even require a reboot.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message
> Lee,
>    After I uninstall the IMF will I need to reboot the server?
>

> "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message
>> > I have been looking through the newsgroups it seems that a lot of
>> people are
>> > having problems with the IMF.    My IMF is currently at 6.5.7202.0
>> version.
>> > What is the correct procedure to get to Service Pack 2?     Do I
>> have to
>> > remove the IMF first and then install Serivce Pack 2?  Or with the
>> version I
>> > have will I be okay just to install Service Pack 2, I hope this is
>> the case
>> > because I would like to keep my current settings.
>>
>> You need to uninstall IMF first, then apply SP2.  The SP2 version of
>> IMF is 6.5.7638 .  You will need to view the General properties of the
>> SMTP Virtual Server, click the Advanced button, click Edit and
>> re-enable IMF using the checkbox.  I had to, anyway.
>>
>> Lee.
>>
>> --
>> _______________________________________
>>
>> Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
>> www.owapda.com
>> email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

Ben
10/27/2005 1:56:30 PM
> Lee,
>      Thanks for the reply.    Will my configuration settings stay
the same

I think mine persisted, but I would still write them down, to be on
the safe side.

> or will I have to write those down also?     Why does Microsoft do
this to us
> all the time, why can't the upgrade do the unistall for us?

Those are two very good questions.

Lee.

--
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
www.owapda.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________

0
Lee
10/27/2005 2:02:06 PM
Tom,

      Thanks!   Do you have to reconfigure your IMF settings or just reanble
it on your server after Service Pack 2 is installed?

"Tom Felts" wrote:

> No, but it will briefly stop some services.
>

> "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message
> > Lee,
> >    After I uninstall the IMF will I need to reboot the server?
> >

> > "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message
> >> people are
> >> version.
> >> have to
> >> version I
> >> the case
> >>
> >> You need to uninstall IMF first, then apply SP2.  The SP2 version of
> >> IMF is 6.5.7638 .  You will need to view the General properties of the
> >> SMTP Virtual Server, click the Advanced button, click Edit and
> >> re-enable IMF using the checkbox.  I had to, anyway.
> >>
> >> Lee.
> >>
> >> --
> >> _______________________________________
> >>
> >> Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
> >> www.owapda.com
> >> email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

sabo_e (163)
10/27/2005 2:03:02 PM
Some boxes may require a reboot.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
in message news:ulYL%234v2FHA.400@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> No.  I did this with a server just yesterday, and no reboot required.
> Installing SP2 didn't even require a reboot.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
>

> "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message
>> Lee,
>>    After I uninstall the IMF will I need to reboot the server?
>>

>> "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message
>>> people are
>>> version.
>>> have to
>>> version I
>>> the case
>>>
>>> You need to uninstall IMF first, then apply SP2.  The SP2 version of
>>> IMF is 6.5.7638 .  You will need to view the General properties of the
>>> SMTP Virtual Server, click the Advanced button, click Edit and
>>> re-enable IMF using the checkbox.  I had to, anyway.
>>>
>>> Lee.
>>>
>>> --
>>> _______________________________________
>>>
>>> Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
>>> www.owapda.com
>>> email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

bharat3597 (1006)

Removing last 5.5 server #2
I have a couple questions about removing my last 5.5 server. Everything is moved to my new 2003 server, except that all internet email seems to be leaving through my 5.5 IMC. When I shut down my 5.5 server no email leaves. All inbound and internal email flows normally though. Is there a way to force my 2003 servers to not use the 5.5 IMC? Also are there any special steps I need to take to remove the 5.5 server? delete the IMC, wait for that to replicate to the e2k3 server, then remove the 5.5 server. you can also run the internet connection wizard on e2k3 to create an SMTP Conne...

Quick Help with Excel Formula #2
ok, I have a cell where i want to select one of 15 names, how do i click o the cell and a drop down menu appears with all the names, so then i ca select one and this appear in the cell? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use data validation. >-----Original Message----- >ok, > >I have a cell where i want to select one of 15 names, how do i click on >the cell and a drop down menu appears with all the names, so then i can >select one and this appear in the cell? > >thanks > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > &...

getting reporting services web service to work
The error I am getting is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing. The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)'. There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including obtaining extract space. The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)". I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on the web-service.? Thus to correc...

IMF #8
Hi I am running exchange 2003 sp1 on windows 2003. I have isntalled the IMF filter, and all clients are outlook 2003 sp1 running in cached mode. When an email comes in that is below the block and the "move to junk mail" threshold the email is sent to the users junk mail folder and the SCL rating is a 0 or a 1. Per the settings in IMF these emaisl should have been delivered to the users inbox and no the n\junk mail folder. Any ideas for me on this? Thanks ...

sites and services servers
Hi I recently went into our AD site and services and noticed under servers there are about 4 servers that havent been online for months. Is it safe to just remove/delete them here? Also our licensing server is listing a dead server? Wondering why it never showed anything in event log. This is a 2003 sp2 server in a small domain with 2 other DCs Thanks Shem You need to perform a metadata cleanup. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736378(WS.10).aspx You can follow this article to change the licensing sever http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc...

A question about thread,please help me #2
My program environment is .net2005.The partial code is shown as below: void CfinalView::OnRButtonDblClk(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { CRect rc; GetClientRect(&rc); if(point.x>rc.left&&point.x<(rc.right/2)&&point.y>rc.top&&point.y<rc.bottom) { //AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(CDetailPlot)); } if(point.x>(rc.right/2)&&point.x<rc.right&&point.y>rc.top&&point.y<(rc.bottom/2)) { //AfxMessageBox(_T("haha")); AfxBeginThread(RUNTI...

Ma8QBaYXf0 #2
qK/iwAvG3in7dcpDYl3JJXoWU+XR2gDt8CfCmXDnZlTYuiuBJ6wMzybyarVQ1eDNCW9TXGg6RuJn 2ASPj9miNdgl9HinL7aVdM8nwrti3zElDMa8QBaYXf0v3DQ8y8kBFy3yz2uil4gbr0rL+VEOEzo4 mailto:ernst.schmitter@siemens.com ernst.schmitter@siemens.com schrieb: > qK/iwAvG3in7dcpDYl3JJXoWU+XR2gDt8CfCmXDnZlTYuiuBJ6wMzybyarVQ1eDNCW9TXGg6RuJn > 2ASPj9miNdgl9HinL7aVdM8nwrti3zElDMa8QBaYXf0v3DQ8y8kBFy3yz2uil4gbr0rL+VEOEzo4 > > mailto:ernst.schmitter@siemens.com > Is this a secret?? ...

Services don't start when server restarts.
The information store and MTA stacks services do not start when server is restarted. How do I fix this problem? Check your Event Veiwer, any errors? What are the associated event id #'s. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Micah Pokorney" <micah@primeadvantage.com> wrote in message news:137f01c3df7d$df537300$a501280a@phx.gbl... > The information store and MTA stacks services do not > start when server is restarted. How do I fix this > problem? ...

password help #2
I have to access a file that hasn't been opened in 3 years. It is password protected and I have the password written down. However when I type in the password it is not accepted. I have tried the password in every combination of upper & lower case letters but it still won't let me in. Could upgrading my operating system and version of Excel affect the password? I think when the file was created I was running Win 98 and Office 97. Now I have Win XP and Office 2002. I don't have a hard copy of the info in this file so I'm kind of desprate. Any help would be appr...

CRM services (help!!!!)
I have CRM installed on a W2K3 SP1 box, member server The CRM was installed to have the accompanying services run under the Domain Admin acct. I know that in someway the authentication is tied into to AD, from doing some reading up on CRM. Can I switch the services to run under the 'Local System' acct. without any problems. Reason being is that I have some KDC event ID 11 errors showing on my DC, which state that there are duplicate SPN name associated with the server running the CRM, and with further research found that the SPN names for the server were also attached to the A...

Pivot #2
Hi All I have a Pivot table and attached Pivot chart (all good so far). However, there are three columns (drop column details here) which are the two columns of data and a grand total column (showing the average of my two data columns) When I turn it into a pivot chart it does not display the grand total column as well (is there a way to do this). I have tried to go into the chart options but these are locked. I can copy and paste the results but this is a bit clumsy. Any suggestions - any help greatly appreciated Kind regards Rexmann PS using excel 2003 ...

Resolution for the compatibility issue in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Products after Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is installed
------=_NextPart_0001_EC57D3FB Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon, Microsoft has released a fix for the compatibility issue in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Products after Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is installed The Microsoft Dynamics Retail Development team has identified problems when Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows XP SP3 is installed. Running these service packs, without the below fix installed, may cause data loss in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System or Microsoft Dynamics - Point of Sale datab...

Pivot Table Calculated Item #2
The Calculated Item selection is greyed out on the Pivot Tables/Formula drop down menu. I have my cursor in a field that I want to calculate. What am I doing wrong? If your pivot table is based on OLAP source data, you can't create formulas. Could that be the problem? SamBayer1957 wrote: > The Calculated Item selection is greyed out on the Pivot Tables/Formula drop > down menu. I have my cursor in a field that I want to calculate. What am I > doing wrong? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Why won't my 2 publication pages switch to 2-pg view as asked?
This is a brand new publication. It only has two pages to it. There is hardly any content and NO web links. But when I use the VIEW drop down menu and click that very first option saying "Two-page spread", Microsoft Publisher does absolutely NOTHING! No, not in print view ... i'm saying "nothing". Yes, I've restarted my computer... all that. Also, in the master page view many of the options are totally greyed-out. Why doesn't microsoft just fix its software instead of adding new inefficient ones? You must have three or more pages to see a two-page ...

MTA Service
Hello, we are having exchange 5.5 server, its hard drive fails. i have installed new server and restoed the backup but MTA service is not starting. other Exchange Dirtocory, IS sA is working anybody can suggest. regards "azam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >we are having exchange 5.5 server, its hard drive fails. i >have installed new server and restoed the backup but MTA >service is not starting. other Exchange Dirtocory, IS sA >is working anybody can suggest. >regards Check the application event log. There will be some ev...

ole server error #2
When opening the organization chart in publisher 2000, now that I have Office XP installed. I get an error message "Publisher can launch or communicate with the ole server program needed to complete this task" This worked fine until upgrading to Office XP Hi kevin boseley (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || When opening the organization chart in publisher 2000, now || that I have Office XP installed. I get an error message || || "Publisher can launch or communicate with the ole server || program needed to complete this task&...

Service Scheduling MS CRM
Guys There are some extremely knowledgeable people in here I am hoping some one can help me. Any help you can give me is appreciate. We will not mind paying for your help if you are a freelancer and would spend time getting this to work for us. We have an implementation of Microsoft CRM 3.0 and would like to use the Service Scheduling to help us run our fleet of buses. We have a fleet of 8 buses, 6 drivers and need to schedule them for a variety of jobs. Each bus has a capacity of 20, 30 or 50. The buses can be out of order and drivers can be on holiday or off sick. We want to able ...

Comments #2
How do you set the default values for all comments? ...

CWnd question #2
Hi, I have a class which is derived from CWnd. This window has a parent window. But how Can I make this window modal? I didn't find any window style to do this. Robert You can make a dialog modal. change it to a CDialog instead of a CWnd! Keep in mind you will need a dialog template for that dialog. Ali R. "Robert Camsky" <robertcamsky@atlas.cz> wrote in message news:eGkSY5W$DHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have a class which is derived from CWnd. > > This window has a parent window. But how Can I make this window modal? I > didn't fin...

Turn data #2
Is there a way to turn the data in an Excel spreadsheet so that what is on the top is now on the side and what is on the side is now on top? I need to export my spreadsheet into Access but, I can't get it to format correctly in its current orientation. ~Make a backup copy of your data to work from (just in case, so you don't lose data) ~Highlight the entire range of data; click >Edit >Copy ~Choose a new location, on a different sheet perhaps; click >Edit >Paste Special and select the Transpose box; click OK Does that do it for you? thank you so much. You are a genius...

Page number on screen #2
?How do I remove the page number that shows up in the back ground on my computer screen (but not the print out)? View....Normal "aedj73" wrote: > ?How do I remove the page number that shows up in the back ground on my > computer screen (but not the print out)? ...

Default automatic start Exchange Services
I had to do some work on my Exchange System and disabled some of the sevices. I just want to double check on the default MS Exchange services that get started "Automatic". Thanks. Hi, It would help if you posted which version of Exchange server you are using :-) Leif "AllenM" <ghost@nodomain.com> wrote in message news:e$yvgFfcGHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I had to do some work on my Exchange System and disabled some of the >sevices. I just want to double check on the default MS Exchange services >that get started "Automatic". Thanks...

Removing Personal Folders in Services
Hello I have a problem in removing my other Personal Folder (2003 and 2004 folders) in my Folder list, I already change the Delivery to another Folder (2005 forlder) then I want to delete the other personal folders. I used the Close "Personal Folders" to close the old personal forlders but the folder still exist in my Folder List and when I open the Services then the Delivery tab the old folder still exist. How can i remove that? Can you help me with this, is there something i can do to the registry, something like that pls helppp.... Hi You may want to create a new profile ...

Excel #2
College text asks students how to save a file with a preview? I assume a print preview? Any suggestions? Choose File>Properties On the Summary tab, check 'Save preview picture. Click OK Tech Coor wrote: > College text asks students how to save a file with a preview? I assume a print preview? Any suggestions? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

VC++ 2008 Feature Pack -> Outlookbar
Hello, i got s strange problem with an MFC application under VC++ 2008 with the feature pack installed. I had build a SDI application with an outlook bar. The application was build with the wizard. After building and runnning of the generated code, everything worked fine, and the outlook bar on the left pane was visible and functional (folder button and calendar button). After the following lines in the CMainFrame::CreateOutlookBar() funtion had been disabled (via comments): //tree.Create(dwTreeStyle, rectDummy, &bar, 1200); //bNameValid = strTemp.LoadString(IDS_FOLDERS); //ASSERT...