servers showing unreachable

Hi,

When I open the status folder in ESM some of the servers are showing
unreachable but I don't know why this would be. Even when I open ESM on one
of the servers that says its unreachable it still says its unreachable. How
can a server not reach itself?

Obviously I am missing somthing but I don't know where to start looking.

Can anyone help?
0
Paul297 (622)

Hi Paul,

Are there any related errors in Event Viewer on the effected servers?
Also are all relevant services started.

Regards

Ben Hoffman
Microsoft MVP Exchange
http://www.exchangeis.com

> Hi,
>
> When I open the status folder in ESM some of the servers are showing
> unreachable but I don't know why this would be. Even when I open ESM on
> one
> of the servers that says its unreachable it still says its unreachable.
> How
> can a server not reach itself?
>
> Obviously I am missing somthing but I don't know where to start looking.
>
> Can anyone help?

0
ben.hoffman (411)

Great plains 7.0, Server is Win 2k, client is XP, can it work?
Hi everyone. I've had a hell of a day today. Anyhoo, I have a computer which was upgraded via a clean install today to windows XP pro. We are using great plains 7.0 (on the box it's called microsoft small business manager or something). My question is this, for some reason, the client computer hangs for about 3 minutes on start up. Then it finally gives me the login screen, we enter in our login info and it hangs for another 3-4 minutes and then will finally give us an unknown username/password login. The user/pass is correct. Could it be that because the client is on...

New messages do not show up in Outlook 2000 using VPN
I have a problem where a user is connected remotely using Outlook 2000 and VPN into our network. When new messages arrive they do not automatically appear in the Outlook inbox unless the user closes out of Outlook and goes back in. Clicking Send/Receive has no effect. The VPN connction is not lost nor is the cable (Road Runner Staten Island) signal. No other remote users are experiencing this problem. Any ideas? Thanks, Jim V. Something in the connection is blocking UDP packets. If the user clicks on another folder, and then back to the inbox, the items should be there. For remote users...

Double Clicking on Xls/Xlsx Opens Excel But Does Not Show Spreadsheet
Excel 2007 If Excel is not open and I double click on an xls or xlsx file Excel starts but does not display the spreadsheet until I click on the Office button. Just clicking on the Office button displays the spreadsheet -- I do not have to select anything. If Excel is open and I double click on an xls or xlsx file the spreadsheet is immediately displayed in the running instance of Excel. Is this normal behavior or do I have some option set wrong? Try enabling one of the Excel Add-ins. Solver for instance. Stewart Berman wrote: > Excel 2007 > > If Excel is not o...

How to import Excel data into SQL Server using VB project
hello, i am getting problem while importing Excel data into SQL Server using VB project. please help me babu ...

How do i make the whole y axis label show up it wont show the end
When i label the y-axis the very last letter wont show up unless i print only that chart. I want to copy and paste it into a word document but i need the whole label to show up. This is a known problem in Excel 95 or earlier up to Excel 2003. I haven't heard of it in Excel 2007. Here is a bit of information about the problem: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/AxisLabelCutOff.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Jordan" <Jordan@discussions.microsoft.co...

Unable to find server
I am unable to send or receive email. Everything I write ends up in the 'Outbox'. Clicking the send/receive key doesn't help. For some reason, my computer remains 'offline' and disconnected. I am working from home - does this make a difference? Any help is appreciated. -- #6:) Does your web browser work? Or does it show you as being offline, too? Are there any signs that you're online? If not, then perhaps you're *not* online. Do you have an ISP? How are you connected to the internet? -- Herb Tyson MS MVP http://www.herbtyson.com Please respond in the news...

Showing Filename in Cell
Hi, Can anyone help with how to return filenames in cells? Thanks. Neil Holmes. One way =LEFT(MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255),FIND(".", MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255))+3) assuming you are using one period in the file name like in *.xls -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Neil Holmes" <naholmes@ark-elec.com> wrote in message news:%23GQQsNjxDHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Can anyone help with how to return filenames in cells? > ...

server side auto replies?
I'm using Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2003. I'm looking for a way to auto reply to all messages that arrive to a particular recipient. I don't want to use out of office, I'm trying to let anyone who sends mail to this person know that he is no longer with the company. How are others accomplishing this? any help would be appreciated. ~cm Chris- You could use a rule to do this - Tools>Rules Wizard in Outlook. -- -- Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us Http://www.briandesmond.com "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Showing time as minutes
I have some timed data to enter. Each entry has two values: (1) number of repetitions and (2) elapsed time in minutes and seconds (mm:ss). Some sample data is: Reps mm:ss 25 3:22 202 15:00 99 11:30 1405 77:22 I want to enter the data just as shown above. Note that the minutes may exceed 59. That is, time over an hour is not shown as hh:mm:ss. I want Excel to calculate the number of repetitions/hour. Reps mm:ss rph 25 3:22 446 202 15:00 808 99 11:30 517 1405 77:22 1090 The calculations are working correctly, but I am having trouble with the data entry. 1....

Showing purchase price in portfolio tracker on MSN Money
Before they upgraded MSN Money my portfolio tracker used to show the purchase price of the stock when i entered it in to my portfolio. This would allow me to easily watch how much a stock has increased or decreased in value over time. I cannot seem to customize my views to where it shows the purchase price of what i paid for the stock. Can anyone tell me how to do this. I appreciate your time and help. thanks ...

Can MS Access on my PC communicate easily with a MS SQL server
Lets say I develop a database on my PC, consisting of lots of relational tables and forms, reports queries etc. My boss sees this database and declares he wants it set up on a SQL server for everyone to have access to. Can I still use all the same queries, forms and reports setup on my local PC, but have the relational tables set up on the remote server ? I don't want anything to change on my PC, just relocation of the tables ? Hi Jethro, There are lots of reasons to use a more powerful database server, such as SQL Server or Oracle, but, for relatively small numbers of users, say...

Exchange 2003 OWA Multihomed Server Config Question
I have a question regarding a configuration on a single multi-homed E2K3 server. I have an E.5.5 server that I just installed E2K3 into its Site. People still are using E5.5 OWA via a pinhole in a router. As I will be moving users over slowly, I want the new users to be able to access E2K3 OWA. The E2K3 server is on a Win2K3 OS with 2 NICs. I installed RRAS so that I could take advantage of some improved IP filtering as the WAN NIC is directly on the Internet. As OWA will be using only SSL, I figured I could just add port 443 for inbound. The external NIC has only an IP and a submask (no Gat...

2000 Repair Now Outlook Is Dead (Connecting To Exchange Server)
I hope someone can help with this. Due to a crash I had to replace the motherboard on my PC. I am running Windows 2000 (SP4). I had to run the repair so it would start up but once it was complete everything came up accept my outlook. Everytime I try to fire it it tells me it can't access outlook.ost. I have uninstalled..re-installed..even went back to outlook 2000 but nothing works. How can I completely remove everything so that the system doesn't even know that office was installed. if that will even help. Procedures Tried: Uninstall ReInstall Repair Delete Profiles Delete ENTI...

Show a sheet1 row in sheet2 based on values in col sheet1.A
Hello! Please help! I have a large sheet with numerous rows in sheet1. Column A in sheet-1 is either blank or has a value. I want to show in sheet-2 (a new sheet) all sheet1 rows that have a value in column A. Thanks in advance, Michelle Hi Michelle one way: - select your range in sheet 1 - goto 'Data Filter - Autofilter' - Filter all relevant row - copy the row and paste them on sheet 2 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Michelle wrote: > Hello! > Please help! > I have a large sheet with numerous rows in sheet1. Column A in > sheet-1 is either blank or ...

DPM 2010 and Hyper V Server
Hi I have Hyper V server 2008 with a Windows 2008 R2 guest running DPM 2010. However i seem unable to add physical disks to the media pool for backup. I have a pair of Raid 1 disks that are not being used by Hyper V or 2008 Server. Is there something i need to do to make DPM find these disks either in DPM or the hyper V Server settings? Thanks for your Help It is not recommended to run DPM 2010 inside a guest vm. In fact it is not recommended to run DPM in the parent partition either so if possible you should be running DPM on a standalone server. Given you are running inside...

Adding and removing exchange servers
My current setup is as follows: Small Business Server 2003 being used as an exchange front end server. Exchange Enterprise edition used as the back end server. We plan to use the transition pack on the SBS box to break apart (license wise) exchange from that box. I would like to move exchange to a new server and still use it as a front end server. What problems can I expect and what should I look out for. I am trying to implement the same setup in a virtual environment, and I am having trouble with my new exchange server and OWA. When I try to access OWA, I do not get the tradition...

Error 80072030 There is no object on server when installing New se
Error 80072030 There is no object on server when installing New Exchange 2003 Server on a New SBS 2003 Server. I receive this error and then the only option is to cancel the install. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All I am trying to do at this point is to set up exchange so that my outlook users can share group calendars. I do not get this error with DomainPrep "Wolfgheist" wrote: > Error 80072030 There is no object on server when installing New Exchange 2003 > Server on a New SBS 2003 Server. > > I receive this error and then the only option is to cancel...

show discussion thread for mailinglists
Hello, I use outlook as my mailclient and so I also get some mailinglist (i.e. DIRECTXDEV@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM). My problem is that using outlook (2003) it is quite hard to follow the discussion. Since it is kind of hard to see what mail is a reply to what. In outlook express it works just fine you have some kind of treeview with indents that clearly show the discussion thread. Only it seems like outlook is not capable of doing that. Or is there a way. Maybe a plugin or something .... ? ...

Checking calculations and showing message
I am trying to write code that checks the input in controls on a form and if they are incorrect to show a message.Here is my code which I have in the Before Update Event of the form Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Dim Cash_Price As Integer Dim Deposit As Integer Dim Amount_of_Credit As Integer Dim Charges As Integer Dim Initial_Balance_Outstanding As Integer Dim Payments_Made As Integer Dim Current_Balance_Outstanding As Integer Dim strMessage As String If Cash_Price - Deposit <> Amount_of_Credit Then strMessage = strMessage & "The Amount of Credit " &...

Outlook XP does not show right clik
I have been upgraded to Outlook XP, but now I can not forward a message by "right clicking", nor can I add to junk email or anything eles. When I am in a webpage and clik on a email link, I get an error "objcet could not be found!" Please help! Try making an new profile and see if it works - Close outlook, control panel, mail applet. (if you need more detailed steps: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/profile.htm) If the new profile helps, delete the old one. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003...

Chart Axis Showing Lapse/Interupt Scale
I am using the columns with 2 lines chart and my data on the X Axis is number of events and time for the event. The Time for the event runs from 0 to 2500 minutes, but I only have one event that is greater than 2000 minutes. I'm trying to create a scale where I have 0, 500, 1000, then want to skip to 2000, 2500. Is there a way to change this scale so that the other event times such as 6, 247, 577 would appear and then the other 2200 time interval would be plotted. Not even sure I'm describing this correctly. I think I've seen this before and the indicator on the X axis...

GP on Terminal server lockup
We are having some lockup issues with our GP product. We run a terminal environment for about 50 to 70 people. We have a few people that always have issues where their screen freezes and we can do nothing but reset the session. We do lock down the sessions where only GP runs when they log in. The server is a window 2003 fully patched. The server has 4 processor dual core, 32 gig’s of ram and raid 1 for the OS drives and raid 5 for the data storage. The database server is an exact copy but the data is stored on a SANS. People will have lock ups when entering comments/notes , just having...

Can I show all Formulas in a worksheet instead of values?
Is it possible? I know I can toggle one cell at a time using Ctrl+' , but I was hoping to make it sticky, and show them all... Thanks, Jeff Kocha Hi Try Tools-Options-View check the Formulas option >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible? I know I can toggle one cell at a time using Ctrl+' , but I >was hoping to make it sticky, and show them all... > >Thanks, >Jeff Kocha >. > Hi Jeff, I think you may have seen Ctrl+` and tried Ctrl+' instead. because it sounds like what you see wouldn't be much different than simply selecting a cell and ...

How do I create a chart that shows different periods of time.
I need to create a chart that lists 10 different employees' work periods with the company. They may overlap in some years. In one instance the employee worked from May 7, 1996 to Jul 12, 1999, and then again from Aug 4, 2001 to Nov 11, 2008. A Gantt chart is need. Start by looking at http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Tessa" <Tessa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C4E2777-9E0A-4873-96D4-8D83B29548D1@microsoft.com... > ...

Exchange 5.5: Server to Server Communication (Ports)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5AE27.F4C843D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Good morning all, I have a tricky problem that I need a little help = with. I am trying to bring an Exchange server online, on the far-end of = a VPN tunnel. Exchange will not install but i think I know what the = issue is- ports are blocked. What ports? Heck if I know... Here's the story: 1) Current, functional configuration is a Mail server in location A, = with frame relay connection to Mai...