Server bounces mail to distribution lists

I have just installed SBS 2k3 and I am having problems sending mail to distribution lists (about 200 recipients). When they are sent, an email is returned from the server listing a whole pile of email addresses that did not receive the mail, and the message: The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason.  Check the address and try again.  If it still fails, contact your system administrator.

            <brsserver.BRS.local #4.0.0 smtp;452 too many recipients>

All external mail is forwarded to an SMTP relay at our ISP, but before Exchange 2003 was installed, we had no problems sending out to groups. In the Exchange Manager I have send the recipient limits to unlimited and the SMTP virtual server is set to 100 recipients before creating a new connection (which I believe is an RFC standard and I have tried setting it higher). I have tried searching on google and knowledgebase to no avail. No events are recorded in the event log that I am aware of.

How can I configure Exchange to send the whole list out to the ISP?

0
Jess (75)

Just a note, I am getting event ID 3030 when the server bounces

0
Jess (75)
6/16/2004 10:31:01 AM
We're having the same problem.  No web info and no MS documentation on event ID.  We're on the phone with MS now and hope to solve this problem though you can imagine that it will be a 8-hour marathon.  -Rich

"Jess" wrote:

> Just a note, I am getting event ID 3030 when the server bounces

0
Clark (30)

Drop down list hyperlink
How to make Drop down list (Form Control - Combo box) with names of worksheets and HYPERLINK to that worksheets in the same workbook. SO, I want to pick one name from Drop down list and that worksheet then opens! Sorry for bad English :( Does anybody know? Thank you for reading this especially if you are able to help me out on this. How about a sheet navigation toolbar from Dave Peterson? http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar01.html Or Bob Phillips' Browsesheets macro which I like best, but that's me<g> See this google search result for code. http://tinyurl.com/...

Address verification for mail order
We regularly process out of state orders from customers on the phone. We currently have to run these credit cards outside of RMS through an internet Address Verification Service. Is there a way to do this inside RMS??? Thanks Jessica Jessica, I am with a company that specializes in customizing RMS to be a better fit for individual customers. It sounds like this address verification issue is something that we coudl help you accomplish. If you would like more information please email me at rsakry@rite.us or give us a call at 320-230-2282 Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Inform...

NO DEFAULT SMTP SERVER..
Hello, I had a problem with exadmin.dll, unregistered it, copied new one and registered it and now the default smtp server is gone under SMTP in my systems manager but everything still works.... HELP where is it ? and how can i get it back ? tnnx. Philippe ...

Direct mail by opportunity
Hi I see that I can send a diredt mail to a list of opportunities. I assume that this will drill down to the relevant account and send to them, using the primary contacts' e-mail addresses if there is not ne present for the account. Am I right? If so that's all cool. But, if two opportunities exist for that account, will two e-mails be sent, or just the one as I would hope? Many thanks in advance. -- Mike Bristol, UK CRM user ...

Upgrading from server 2000 to server 2008R2?
We would like to upgrade our servers to Windows server 2008 R2. Currently we have two Windows 2000 (SP 4) domain controllers, we want to replace the Forest Root Domain box with new hardware & upgrade the other DC to server 2008 R2. I understand it's not possible to upgrade from 2000 straight to 2008 but is server 2003 still available to ugrade to in between? I'm also not sure of what the implications of retiring the Forest Root Domain box would be? Would the best plan be to add the new 2008 server (domain function & forest function level: 2000); upgrade the se...

Print Mailing Labels?
Hi, I have a database of names that was sent to me in Excel. I need to print mailing labels from the addresses. How can I do this? Thanks, Glenn "Glenn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:065f01c3de9b$ec02ced0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a database of names that was sent to me in Excel. I > need to print mailing labels from the addresses. How can I > do this? > > Thanks, > Glenn Do a mail merge in Word, using the Excel file as the data source. Hi, Thanks, I will try it. Glenn >-----Original Message----- &...

mail merging dynamic charts
I have set up a spreadsheet with a dynamic chart which I can operate from a control box. Is there any way of using this in a mail merge document so that as each page is printed the individual chart is mailmerged. If not is there another way of doing this. Essentially there are rows of data tracking progress of pupils and I want to make this more visual but I do not want to have to create hundreds of charts. The dynamic chart advice I have been given works fine on the spreadsheet and I want to (if possible) take this over intoa word document. Chips ...

Drop down list 03-30-10
When right clicked on a cell there appears an option called 'pick from drop down list',. How to use this feature & does it have any relationship to Data validation drop down list If you are completing a column with items that repeat themselves then you can quickly fill in the next entry in that column by selecting it from an automatic list of what's been entered in that column already. Press Alt + down cursor arrow to see the available list (you may want to make the column wider). See http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk/expick.htm for more information. Andrea Jon...

Can Recovery Storage Groups be used if original server gone?
We had an Exchange server die on us a few months back due to hardware issues. All accounts were moved to another box and that one was flattened and taken out of the Exchange org. It was replaced by new hardware that does NOT have the storage groups or databases that the old one did. We have a request to recover data from an info store back up prior to the events above and are running into problems with our backup vendor. Would it be possible to use a Recovery Storage Group to retrieve this data? The mailbox still exists (but may have been moved via Exmerge) so I believe I will pas...

MS Project Server Admin // Denver, CO
MS Project Server Admin Location: Denver, CO Duration: 6 months Pay Rate: DOE =95 MSProject Server ver 2010, SQL database and Sharepoint 2010 =95 Ongoing support and maintenance involving activities such as =96 Monitoring logs, Patches, resolving support tickets, Dev/Test/Prod support =95 Routine troubleshooting =95 Technical APS maintenance (Project Server & SharePoint 2010) =95 User administration / Password resets etc. =95 Work with Microsoft for any critical issues that might need intervention from Microsoft =95 Application of Patches & migration to Production =95 SQL services mo...

Publisher 97 unable to do Mail Merge
Hi, I can't find my post with the above title in this forum, only in archives like this: http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/Publisher/microsoft.public.publisher/2008-04/msg00197.html I'm using XP. Mary Sauer said she couldn't get Mail Merge to work in Pub 97 or Pub 98 . . .. Re-registered all the .dll's . . . Assumed it was a security update that did them in . . . using Vista on this machine, but it's the same on her XP. I just came across this article: 1/15/09 Microsoft beta lets old Windows apps run on Vista http://www.infoworld.com/archives/emailPrint.jsp?R=...

Removed server, exchange still looking for it?
Exchange 5.5, I removed a server from the site using exchange admin, and now am getting event 9318, saying MTA can't contact it. Why is it doing that? I had the same problem after a 5.5 to 2000 migration. Rebooting the Exchange server that was trying to connect resolved the problem. MTA must keep the information cached. Tim "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C431500C-F78D-47E5-AAC5-B8C611592E97@microsoft.com... > Exchange 5.5, I removed a server from the site using exchange admin, and > now > am getting event 9318, saying MTA can...

Small Business Server in Windows Server 2000 Environment
I have a requirement to install Microsoft CRM for about 10 CRM Users. The existing Windows 2000 has about 120 users with two Exchange Servers. Is it possible to set up a separate Small Business Server to run CRM within the Windows 2000 domain as this is the most cost effective way of implementing CRM for such a low User count? ...

Intelligent Message Filter (IMF) SCL for Junk E-mail being ignored
I have Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise SP1, and I recently downloaded and installed Intelligent Message Filter. In Message Delivery Properties -> Intelligent Message Filtering, I have - Gateway Blocking Configuration SCL 8 - Store Junk E-mail Configuration SCL 8 All users have Outlook 2003 Professional installed. Although I have SCL set to 8 for "Store Junk E-mail Configuration", Messages with SCL 6 and others with SCL as low as 3 are being sent to the Junk E-Mail folder. I am able to see the SCL of the emails because I installed an SCL Column via Forms using th...

windows 2008 server cord and windows 2008 std
we have 20+ New server to install windows 2008 for trading purpose. still can not decide to install server core or std full, can someone advise what is the benefit to install core rather than std edition or to install std edition ? DD, There is: Server Standard Server Standard Core Server Enterprise Server Enterprise Core Core is (not quite correctly called) 'Server without Graphical User Interface (GUI)'. There are several reasons why Core was introduced: - *Nix purists were saying that there's no real need/use for GUI on a server and *real* sysadmins ar...

Outlook won't leave messages on the server
I have tried and tried to keep Outlook 2003 from deleting my email off my server. I have found the check box under advanced send\receive setting in "options" and I have tried variations of the 3 check boxes in this window and they work until I close Outlook and reopen it, then all of my settings return to the default of deleting my email off the server. Wasn't MS suppose to stop doing things like this? Any help in steering me to the answer (which i am sure is here) to this question is appreciated. Regards Paul A. Walters Hi, Goto Tools --> Email Accounts --> V...

Project Server Provisioned
Hello, I have provisioned Project Server and added it to the trusted zone, but it still comes up unresolved. Hello, You mean PWA home page is not loading or issue with connecting from MS Project Professional? Also mention the version of Project Server. Thanks Chak pVector Technologies http://www.pvectortech.com http://www.epmcentral.com On Apr 16, 11:04=A0am, me <mtyso...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello, I have provisioned Project Server and added it to the trusted > zone, but it still comes up unresolved. On Apr 16, 12:20=A0pm, Chak <chak...@hotmail.com>...

Not Resolving to E-Mails Address for Me
When I send or receive e-mails that are tracked in CRM, the system doesn't seem to be be resolving my own e-mail address. For a sent message, for example, in Outllook, I go to Sent Items, double-click on an e-mail, click View in CRM, and I see either of the following messages, depending on if I'm sending or receiving: The sender's e-mail address could not be resolved to a record in the system At least one recipient could not be resolved to a record in the system Of course I checked, and my e-mail address is in there for my Contact record. That same contact record is the P...

OT: SVN server
Hi, Sorry for the OT, I am not 100% sure where to ask. I want to setup a subversion repo on a personal website. Would anyone know the best forum/NG to ask such a question? (Or where I could find a tutorial for installing such a repo). Thanks Simon Simon wrote: > Hi, > > Sorry for the OT, I am not 100% sure where to ask. > > I want to setup a subversion repo on a personal website. > Would anyone know the best forum/NG to ask such a question? > (Or where I could find a tutorial for installing such a repo). > > Thanks > > Simon ...

Windows Server 2008 RC2 in Windows Server 2003 Domain
I'm having trouble with one domain controller that has all of the FSMO roles (I have 6 Domain controllers in total running server 2003) I updated my schema to version 47 (Windows server 2008 RC2) and would like to add a new physical server with W2K8 R2 on it and transfer all of the FSMO roles on it. I don't want to upgrade all DC's yet to 2008 R2 yet, so the domain functional level will stay the same for a while (Windows Server 2003). Is there anything I should watch out for with this scenario? Or by just adding a W2k8 R2 box with all the FSMO roles and then decomm...

Exchange Router setup/Setting More than one Exchange Server up in one organisation with two active directories?
Forgive the version difference, but on Exchange 2003 is there a way to install a secondary Exchange Server on a different domain and somehow have it routed to from the other domain or act as a connector to be able to see those emails without removing them? I don't know enough about routing on Exchange to figure if its capable. Or perhaps I need to utilise a different registered email domain and I should use this for testing instead of trying to somehow route emails from one to the other? eg instead of companyname.com I could use companynamecrm.com or something. Would I still want to setu...

pop3 server response
When opening outlook recently it has been saying my pop3 server hasn't respoded in 60 seconds and asks if I would like to wait longer for the server to respond. but sometimes it goes right through. is there any reason why this might be happening. i can only get e-mail about 60% of the time. any help would be greatly appreciated. J.H. Try removing and reinstalling your mail account settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After...

add text to cell by clicking a choice in drop down list
I have made a drop down list in excel. When I click on an option I want the text to be added to another cell, so you in that way can choose several options from a dropdown list and have them all displayed in a cell just next to the list. I guess there is no way to do it :( ...

Outlook 2003, Cannot Send to a Specific E-Mail Address...all others Work
A friend of mine is using Outlook 2003 When he sends e-mail to an account he knows exists (its his work e-mail) using Outlook 2003 from his home e-mail (a comcast.net server), it eventually times out. The message is still in the outbox and Outlook keeps on trying to send it until I press cancel. he can send e-mail to anyone else both at work and my personal addresses. I can send him e-mail at his work address from my comcast.net address. My log file appears below (long listing) I think the relevant lines are: 2005.08.21 20:42:56 SMTP (smtp.comcast.net): [tx] MAIL FROM: <*****> 2005...

Manually run message rules on the server
Hi, Is there a way to run message rules (created by the end-user on Outlook) on the server, say on a daily basis ? The reason is that that person has ~50 rules, moving all incoming messages from his inbox to specific folders. Since he now owns a BES-enabled BlackBerry, these rules prevent him from getting his emails onto his handheld. The idea would be to run all the rules once a day, on his behalf, on the server. Exchange 2007 SP1 Thanks Christian Some rules, like moving messages to another folder in the same mailbox, will run server-side by default, depending on how they're create...