Server 03 / exchange 03 disaster recovery

I had to install a fresh OS with srv 03 and do the disaster recovery on the 
exchange.
problems with the MSExchangeSA starting and directly stopping.. so I 
uninstalled srv03 sp1 / did a fresh repair of the OS using 03 std srv / 
reinstalled Exc 03 using disaster recovery but the services were not 
installing properly..... This is a production box... Any Ideas?


0
Rob3660 (422)
7/8/2005 1:17:03 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

7 Replies
288 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 14

Hi Rob,

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
news:6CD12588-12C6-4C8C-95E7-EE0775F7D46E@microsoft.com...
>I had to install a fresh OS with srv 03 and do the disaster recovery on the
> exchange.
> problems with the MSExchangeSA starting and directly stopping.. so I
> uninstalled srv03 sp1 / did a fresh repair of the OS using 03 std srv /
> reinstalled Exc 03 using disaster recovery but the services were not
> installing properly..... This is a production box... Any Ideas?

im not sure ... try to do the last step again.

cheers,
Andy 


0
andy.rath (135)
7/8/2005 1:30:33 PM
It still won't install the services except for the system management....
Stuck

"Rob" wrote:

> I had to install a fresh OS with srv 03 and do the disaster recovery on the 
> exchange.
> problems with the MSExchangeSA starting and directly stopping.. so I 
> uninstalled srv03 sp1 / did a fresh repair of the OS using 03 std srv / 
> reinstalled Exc 03 using disaster recovery but the services were not 
> installing properly..... This is a production box... Any Ideas?
> 
> 
0
Rob3660 (422)
7/8/2005 1:56:01 PM
Is there a way to install the services manually?

"Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" wrote:

> Hi Rob,
> 
> "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
> news:6CD12588-12C6-4C8C-95E7-EE0775F7D46E@microsoft.com...
> >I had to install a fresh OS with srv 03 and do the disaster recovery on the
> > exchange.
> > problems with the MSExchangeSA starting and directly stopping.. so I
> > uninstalled srv03 sp1 / did a fresh repair of the OS using 03 std srv /
> > reinstalled Exc 03 using disaster recovery but the services were not
> > installing properly..... This is a production box... Any Ideas?
> 
> im not sure ... try to do the last step again.
> 
> cheers,
> Andy 
> 
> 
> 
0
Rob3660 (422)
7/8/2005 1:57:01 PM
Don't know if it will help, I had a simular issue, and re-applying the 
service pack for exchange helped.

Paul.
Rob wrote:

> It still won't install the services except for the system management....
> Stuck
> 
> "Rob" wrote:
> 
> 
>>I had to install a fresh OS with srv 03 and do the disaster recovery on the 
>>exchange.
>>problems with the MSExchangeSA starting and directly stopping.. so I 
>>uninstalled srv03 sp1 / did a fresh repair of the OS using 03 std srv / 
>>reinstalled Exc 03 using disaster recovery but the services were not 
>>installing properly..... This is a production box... Any Ideas?
>>
>>
0
7/8/2005 2:38:27 PM
not really.

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
news:FDDDE32B-79F1-4D5C-9056-09CA733A502C@microsoft.com...
> Is there a way to install the services manually?
>
> "Andy Rath [MVP Exchange]" wrote:
>
>> Hi Rob,
>>
>> "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> news:6CD12588-12C6-4C8C-95E7-EE0775F7D46E@microsoft.com...
>> >I had to install a fresh OS with srv 03 and do the disaster recovery on 
>> >the
>> > exchange.
>> > problems with the MSExchangeSA starting and directly stopping.. so I
>> > uninstalled srv03 sp1 / did a fresh repair of the OS using 03 std srv /
>> > reinstalled Exc 03 using disaster recovery but the services were not
>> > installing properly..... This is a production box... Any Ideas?
>>
>> im not sure ... try to do the last step again.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Andy
>>
>>
>> 


0
andy.rath (135)
7/8/2005 2:45:33 PM
Well I had to install the services manually and did a re-install / rebooting 
right now then gonna re-servicepack it.

If I were to do the setup.exe would I select install new server or add a 
server?


"Paul" wrote:

> Don't know if it will help, I had a simular issue, and re-applying the 
> service pack for exchange helped.
> 
> Paul.
> Rob wrote:
> 
> > It still won't install the services except for the system management....
> > Stuck
> > 
> > "Rob" wrote:
> > 
> > 
> >>I had to install a fresh OS with srv 03 and do the disaster recovery on the 
> >>exchange.
> >>problems with the MSExchangeSA starting and directly stopping.. so I 
> >>uninstalled srv03 sp1 / did a fresh repair of the OS using 03 std srv / 
> >>reinstalled Exc 03 using disaster recovery but the services were not 
> >>installing properly..... This is a production box... Any Ideas?
> >>
> >>
> 
0
Rob3660 (422)
7/8/2005 3:05:06 PM
Services still aren't starting...

Is it possible I am missing something?


"Rob" wrote:

> Well I had to install the services manually and did a re-install / rebooting 
> right now then gonna re-servicepack it.
> 
> If I were to do the setup.exe would I select install new server or add a 
> server?
> 
> 
> "Paul" wrote:
> 
> > Don't know if it will help, I had a simular issue, and re-applying the 
> > service pack for exchange helped.
> > 
> > Paul.
> > Rob wrote:
> > 
> > > It still won't install the services except for the system management....
> > > Stuck
> > > 
> > > "Rob" wrote:
> > > 
> > > 
> > >>I had to install a fresh OS with srv 03 and do the disaster recovery on the 
> > >>exchange.
> > >>problems with the MSExchangeSA starting and directly stopping.. so I 
> > >>uninstalled srv03 sp1 / did a fresh repair of the OS using 03 std srv / 
> > >>reinstalled Exc 03 using disaster recovery but the services were not 
> > >>installing properly..... This is a production box... Any Ideas?
> > >>
> > >>
> > 
0
Rob3660 (422)
7/8/2005 3:32:07 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Windows Home Server Power Pack 3
KB968349 Power Pack 3 fails to install with windows update error: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070643: Windows Home Server Power Pack 3 (KB968349). For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Same goes for: dows Search 4.0 for Windows Server 2003 (KB940157) Any help much appreciated!! Raystl1n;1611403 Wrote: > KB968349 > Power Pack 3 fails to install with windows update > error: > > Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the follo...

exchange 5.5
I'm running exchange 5.5 on a server that is also the Primary DC. Inbound emails are being delivered 1 - 2 days later. We are using Outlook xp as our client-side application. Any Ideas? Thanks in Advance ...

Exchange 5.5 Problem
I can't send email to this email address and I know it works since I tested it using my yahoo and hotmail accounts. For some reason our exchange 5.5 server is not sending it out. This is the message I get in return. "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test email Sent: 1/6/2004 10:25am The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'frednezzar@club-internet.fr' on 1/6/2004 10:25am The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ; p=hmt;l=londondc-04010616244...

deleting single messages off the server
Hi. I recently changed to Outlook 2007/Entourage (PC at home/Mac at office) from Eudora. I like it much better, however, Eudora allowed me to delete single messages from the server. So, if I was at home and I received an e-mail about my phone bill for example, I could delete that message from the server so that when I went in to work the next day, my work computer didn't pull it. Also, I could delete work-related messages from the server so that when I went home, my home computer wouldn't pull those. I have figured out how to leave messages on the server and delete them all ...

Debugging SQL Server 2005 Transact SQL
I have an urgent requirement to debug Transact-SQL in SQL Server 2005 and I have a couple of questions. 1. Are there any *free* programs that will allow me to debug (step through line-by-line, look at cursor results, variables, etc). 2. If the answer is 'no' and Visual Studio is the least expensive alternative, which versions are compatible and have debugging capability? Thank you very much in advance. allanc (allan.for.g.groups@gmail.com) writes: > I have an urgent requirement to debug Transact-SQL in SQL Server 2005 > and I have a couple of questions. > 1. Are th...

CRM4 install against SQL Server 2008 gives missing msftesql and cisvc errors
Hi all. Trying above install: During the verification phase of the installation, the app complains about missing msftesql and cisvc services. I know that msftesql is the sql server full text indexing service which has a different name under sql server 2008. Have I found a bug in the validation process or am I missing something. Just in case: I did download the full install update as part of the first stage of the install process. Any clues? aa Same problem for me with the CRM4 deployement on dedicated SQL Serveur 2008. For the cisvc services, you must install the "Indexing service&...

RWW SBS 2008 error connecting to Terminal Server 2008 R2
We have problems with a Terminal Server in a SBS 2008 Premium environment. Our network is as following configured: the first server is the SBS 2008 server, our second server is a Windows Server 2008 R2, with Terminal Server activated. Tthe Terminal Server is the license server and the licensing checks out ok. It was working great for the last couple of months. We are still able to connect to the terminal server if we use RDP and set the gateway as the SBS server or from any systems inside the network but we cannot connect through remote web workplace as get this error for everyo...

Exchange 2003 Forms Based Authentication
Has anybody implemented FBA on Exchange 2003 with ISA 2004? I need FBA turned on in Exchange 2003 but not turned on at the ISA level. Any help would be appreciated. On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 08:14:33 -0700, "Mike L" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anybody implemented FBA on Exchange 2003 with ISA >2004? I need FBA turned on in Exchange 2003 but not >turned on at the ISA level. Any help would be appreciated. Indeed. This: http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/2004pubowamobile.html Gives you what you need and also an insight on some other stuff that you c...

Remove the last 5.5 server in the org
Hi I'm trying to remove the last 5.5 server following the KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450 but I cannot connect to the 2003 server using the 5.5 admin program. I get the following error "A Connection could not be made to the Exchange Server" Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEMS I'm at a loss as to how I can now go about removing 5.5 and changing from mixed to native mode Any help greatly appreciated Thanks Marcus Marcus, I have experienced the same error our Exchange 5.5 server, your situation is quite diffre...

cannot delete recovery storage group
I get the following error when I try to delete a database in the recovery storage group. One or more users currently use this mailbox store. These users must be moved to a different mailbox store or be mail disabled before deleting this store. ID no: c1034a7f Exchange System Manager Why would I get this message? All the mailboxes in this database are in the disconnected state and they are not the real mailboxes that the users are using. thanks for the help Kevin hmmm...that's weird...have you done a search in AD for any user who might have the store in the RSG listed as their ...

Backing up to get rid of Log Files...Exchange 2003
Hello, We have a backup solution that is not "Exchange Aware" As I recall from a long call to Support if I do a "Backup" from the computer it will get rid of those logs... Question, what do I need to select on the backup? Will I have to manually delete the files? Can I back up to a Network drive? Thanks, David Bocl "David Bock" <David@dvbock.com> said > Hello, We have a backup solution that is not "Exchange Aware" As I > recall from a long call to Support if I do a "Backup" from the computer > it will get rid of those logs....

Change password on Exchange account
I'm trying to change my Exchange server password from within Outlook 2003, but cannot find that function anywhere in the user interface. Am I not observant enough, or is it not possible? dOinK what do you mean by "Exchange server password"? "dOinK" <tvanvik@on_DELETE_line.no> wrote in message news:Mirrc.2814$nd1.1645@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com... > I'm trying to change my Exchange server password from within Outlook 2003, > but cannot find that function anywhere in the user interface. Am I not > observant enough, or is it not possible? > > ...

Last AD/Exchange Logon Date
We are currently running a Windows 2000 AD with Exchange 2003 SP1 exchange servers. I have script that dumps the last logon date of a user on the domain to a database used to identify dormant accounts. One problem we have is that some users only use their logon information to get to their email via outlook web access on computers logged in with a generic profile. Since they do not log in to the domain, we incorrectly tag them as dormant. Does anyone know of a way to capture the last exchange logon date using a script or other tool? Thanks Good question, Exchange has a new WMI class to qu...

exchange 2003 database sp2
Hi, Someone told met that I should not let the mailbox store grow above 32 GB, because it will start corrupting. Can someone tell me if this is true? I cannot find any information about what happens when the store grows bigger that 32 GB. We need the functionality that SP2 gives regarding the 16 GB limit. Thanks in advance On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 02:34:01 -0700, Ruud Boersma <RuudBoersma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Someone told met that I should not let the mailbox store grow above 32 GB, >because it will start corrupting. "someone" is a prat. ...

Slow Addnew Method with SQL Server
I recently converted from Access 2000 to an MSDE backend. In this database, I need to often append records to a table that currently has 750,000 rows. Using the methods that Microsoft recommends at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ado270/htm/mdmthaddnewx.asp, I wrote the following code to add a new record: dim rst as new ADODB.Recordset rst.Open "[TABLE]", currentproject.connection, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic ' Takes 5 minutes to open rst.AddNew rst!field1 = val1 rst!field2 = val2 rst.Update rst.close This is EXTREMELY slow, because...

Exchange 2003 Require a /3GB Switch with More Than 1 Gig RAM
Does Exchange 2003 require the /3GB Switch if you are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. I know for Exchange 2000 they said you needed the switch if you are running Advanced or Datacenter but not Server. Just wondering what they recommend for 2003. 291988 A Description of the 4 GB RAM Tuning Feature and the Physical Address http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291988 Thanks, Fitz Crittle This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup "Kevin&quo...

Exchange 5.5
Reinstalled Server; server name, OU and U are the same as old server. Stopped all MS Echange Services. Deleted everything in Dsadata folder and copied the old dir.edb and edb.log to Dsadata folder. Deleted everyting in Mdbdata folded and copied old Priv.edb and Pub.edb to Mdbdata folder. Started Directory Service, Ran isinteg -patch and got this error: The private store could not be updated. Reason : DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS. Any hlep would be greatly appricated. Steve It sounds like you lost your original domain controller and created a new one. Or you did not use the same se...

Exchange Front End stops communicating with DC
Hi there, We have a strange issue with a front and back end scenario. This client has a front end server, Exchange 2003, in the DMZ between 2 firewalls. Upon installing the front end, everything was fine for 5 mins or so, after which it gradually went to pot, IIS administration couldn´t be opened, Netlogon errors, RPC errors, couldn´t contact the DC. However, telnets were fine, you could even see the Exchange banner on the front end, pings to DC fine by name or IP. Couldn´t, however, open the exchange Administrator console, all the services used by Exchange went down. Th...

Oultlook 2000 CW and Exchange 2003 Read Receipts
Good Evening I am trying to prevent Read receipts from being automatically responded to in Outlook 2000 being setup with exchange 2003, in CW mode. I have tried editing the key in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\Receipt Response=dword:00000002 But this had no effect. I have had a look at the article on Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB:324636) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324636 However this is for exchange 2000, would this work in 2003 and if so, is it possible to download the hotfix without paying for Microsoft s...

Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2
I received a random drop network connection problem with our Exchange Server after installing 2003 Server SP1. The NIC drops the connection every 15 to 20 minutes. So after not finding any information that could help me out with this problem, I decided to uninstall 2003 Server SP1. I checked the issues with install the SP, but none of them address this problem. CPU info: Dell PowerEdge Windows 2003 Server Exchange 2003 SP2 Thanks, Billy You should post this to a Windows newsgroup, or follow up with your hardware vendor to see if there's a new driver. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange...

Exchange 5.5 Administrator
I recently moved to a workstation running Windos XP Pro. I have not been able to install the Exchange 5.5 Admin. Does the Admin work under XP and if so is there a tweak needed to get it to install? "Ron Cooper" <Ron.Cooper@ssa.gov> wrote: >I recently moved to a workstation running Windos XP Pro. I >have not been able to install the Exchange 5.5 Admin. Does >the Admin work under XP and if so is there a tweak needed >to get it to install? 5.5 admin should be ok. There were problems with XP and ESM (2k) Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/r...

DPM hangs at consistency check after protected server was swapped
Last week, we swapped one of the servers protected by DPM 2007SP2 on Windows Server2003. We kept the same server name, same Raid configuration and transfered all the data. Manually re-install DPM on the new server. Remove and recreate protection group on DPM server. Keeps getting "Inconsistent replica" and when rerun, the "consistency check" job stucks at 67mb. There is new volume created in the replica folder in the DPM server. I manually moved all the files from old volume to the new volume folders. Rerun but still getting hung at "consistency c...

Exchange System Manager cannot manage Exchange servers in different domain
I have three Exchange servers in one organization (two Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition and one Exchange 2000 standard edition). Each server resides on it's own domain but the three domains are part of one AD forest. I am not able to check the status of the objects in the information store on the other servers when I am using the Exchange System Manager from one server. I can only see the status and properties of the Exchange server that I am currently using ESM on. Whenever I try to access the mailbox store or the public folder store of a different Exchange server, I get thi...

auto play 03-26-10
I use an HP pc with Windows Vista 64-bit home premium. I like to play DVDs on the PC using Cyberlink PowerDVD. I can not get the pc to autoplay DVD files when they are inserted. When I use the Control Panel to open the "Set AutoPlay settings," PowerDVD does not show up in the drop-down menu of choices? Can someone tell me please how to make that happen? Thanks "D Van Deusen" <lucasfalls@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E84FB90C-FC0B-42FC-868C-50B59F9BF8A6@microsoft.com... > I use an HP pc with Windows Vista 64-bit home premium. I like to play...

exchange error #4
Hello, I have this in my event viewer but everything works fine; backup fails. anybody know a solution ? Event Type: Error Event Source: ESE Event Category: Logging/Recovery Event ID: 474 Date: 14/07/2004 Time: 9:34:11 User: N/A Computer: SERVER1 Description: Information Store (3244) First Storage Group: The database page read from the file "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb" at offset 1034522624 (0x000000003da99000) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed verification due to a page checksum mismatch. The expected checksum was 1084771338170031 (0x0003da9802462eaf) ...