Seperation of Exchange from active directory

Hi all,

we are having active directory integrated exchange server. Due to heavy
load, now we want to seperate active directory and exchange server in 2
diferrent servers. Can any help me how to go about it.

 OS - 2K3 standard
Exchange - 2k3 standard

0
Chidambs (2)

There is a good KB article for Nuevo's recommendation.  The KB is KB822931
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/822931

Don't forget to move your FSMO roles, DNS (if needed), etc. if you decide to
remove the first DC.

--
Bob Christian II
MVP - LCS

"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> My recommendation would be to bring in a new server, install Exchange,
> move your existing mailboxes to the new server, rehome public/system
> folders and then remove Exchange from the old server.
>
> Nue
> <Chidambs@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> we are having active directory integrated exchange server. Due to heavy
>> load, now we want to seperate active directory and exchange server in 2
>> diferrent servers. Can any help me how to go about it.
>>
>> OS - 2K3 standard
>> Exchange - 2k3 standard

0
BobChristian (293)

Public Folders 2003 no Directory Rights?
Are "Directory Rights" no longer a part of Exchange 2003? I'm migrating (not an in-place upgrade) from Exchange 2000 to 2003 and happened to notice the button is grayed out on public folders in my 2003 box after replication. My 2000 server is SP1 Standard Edition and my 2003 is not service packed and is Enterprise Edition, in a 2 node cluster if that matters. On Fri, 06 May 2005 19:58:25 GMT, Insert 25� <vretnaDontSpamMe@netzero.net> wrote: > >Are "Directory Rights" no longer a part of Exchange 2003? > >I'm migrating (not an in-place upgrade) ...

Help with seperating data?
Hello I was wondering if anyone knows a way of seperating chunks of data into specific lines. i.e: THIS: href="3353-12American Baby href="1721-6American Cheerleader href="10a8-12American City & County href="2928-24American Conservative href="1072-6American Cowboy href="6035-6American Handgunner href="3343-6American Heritage href="2498-4American Heritage of Invention & Technology BECOMES THIS: href="3353-12American Baby href="1721-6American Cheerleader href="10a8-12American City & County href="2928-24American Conse...

Exchange mailboxes and aliases
Hi, This one is somewhat of a pickle that I hope someone can shed some light on! We have our main server running Windows SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003. Each client machine in the office connects to the exchange server through Microsoft Outlook (about 10 clients - small office). We have our user accounts set up as follows: User account name: <surname_first_initial> eg smithj Password: whatever they want (based on in office security rules) Email address for this account: <first_initial_surname@companyname> eg jsmith@company.com.au Yesterday I noticed the following happening. In...

Exchange 5.5 - ADC
Couple questions about using the ADC with exchange 5.5 - 2003. I only have the exchange 5.5 up and running to make sure everything is stable. I moved all the mailboxes & public folders over to the exchange 2003 server. Basically, Exchange 5.5 only has the connection to the internet to route to the exchange 2003 server. Until I retire the 5.5 and move the connector to the 2003 box - I have a couple questions: 1) I don't want the log files to accumulate on the 5.5 box - can I just turn circular logging on for now on this box since it is server specific? Where do the log files r...

Setting up rules on Exchange 2000 public folders to filter out spam.
In my organisation we have public folders used by various departments. They emails come in there from outside via a publicly displayed email address (on our website). Inevitably, a lot of junk finds it way into these folders from spammers. Unfortunately, our anti spam software is rather rudimentary and can only ban via domain � which is usually inappropriate for us. I was wondering if it is possible to configure a rule (like the client based rules you can setup in Outlook 2000) to filter out mail containing certain words and phrases, and dump them into a trash folder. If anyone can offer assis...

About Exchange 2000 & Exchange 2003 Problem !
Hi, I have one question : I have Exchange 2000 in Network, today i installed new Exchange 2003 in our Network, After i move mailbox from exchange 2000 to exchange 2003, i tried to login to OWA ( Exchange 2003 ), but OWA error or redirect to Exchange 2000 OWA, I can't to login OWA ( Exchange 2003 ) ! Please help ! Tks a Lot ! How long did you wait after moving the mailbox? Sometimes things take a little while to settle down. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Ken Yu" <hykh080@hotmail.com> wrot...

Seperators
Hi I hope that someone can help? I have been sent a work book where several columns have data seperations between words as follows: "UK Pounds" The data appears to have a square box in between the "UK" and the "Pounds" Please can you advise a quick way to change the format in all columns in the worksheet Saved from a previous post: Chip Pearson has a very nice addin that will help determine what that character(s) is: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm Since you do see a box, then you can either fix it via a helper cell or a macro: =substitute(a...

CRM and Exchange 2000 trouble

Activated Outlook and lost all data on Outlook Express
When I downloaded Windows XP Patch 2 it included Outlook. I installed the patch and activated Outlook. My old Outlook Express disappeared, along with a lot of files that I hadn't read/responded to/saved. Is Outlook Express still somewhere in my computer system? How do I access it to review and save some of the files that were there? -- TeacherGuy If you use outlook 2003, try to import data from outlook express to outlook 2003. from menu of oulook 2003, file > import & export > import internet mail and addresses > Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x "TeacherGuy"...

Exchange 2003 cluster issue with DST update tool
Are there any issues or additional steps that must be adhered to when installing the DST udpate to Exchange in a cluster environment? (i.e. Do the Cluster Services need to be stopped before installing? Do the clustered servers need to be restarted?) I would say that approaching the update in the same way that you would apply a service pack would work well. There are a few pre reqs for this. It's an annoying update really and one that i dont think has been published well enough given its possible impact "smctigue" wrote: > Are there any issues or additional steps that ...

Masking the sent from field with a seperate domain?
We have Exchange 2k3 and AD setup. We use the pop3 connector to download email from various seperately hosted domains and route the email to the correct client. Our users have noticed that any email they send shows the recipient the local domain in the sent from field. We need to mask it to say that it come from a different domain... for example one of the domains that we use to download email from using the pop3 connector. Is this possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jackie Jackie wrote: > We have Exchange 2k3 and AD setup. We use the pop3 connector to > down...

Quick Campaign create 3x Phone Call Activities for each Account
Hi - I get a very strange thing happening when I create a Quick Campaign for a Marketing List. It creates 3 Phone Call activities for each Account in the list. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Many Thanks Mike this looks like the answer SYMPTOMS When you create a Quick Campaign or a Campaign activity in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0, a duplicate activity is created. CAUSE This problem occurs because multiple sets of bulk operation processes are triggered. RESOLUTION To resolve the problem of the duplicate activities, you must manually remove the duplicate activities from Microso...

Problem with Exchange on NAS
I just recently moved Exchange Databases to a NAS (PowerVault 745n), everything looked good, performance inproved, but at some point the event logs reports event ESE 507, and after a while it dismounts the store. I can right click and mount the stores and will start running for about 8-10hrs. I've noticed that no traffic is passing through dedicated Nextreme gigabit adapters, but if I ping the powervault it responds with the dedicated interface and the activity lights turn on. I've edited the host file and tested name resolution and it appears to be fine. I'm suspecting traffic is ...

MS-SQL to EXCHANGE
Hi, Folks. Here we go - I'm sure it's a common scenario. I've got a client with MS-SQL, and an app that handles their business specific CRM. I want to get the data from the SQL db into Exchange PF's. Yes, I can do it manually. That's no problem. I want to do it unattended -- either daily (scheduled) or "replicated". Anyone know of any products that will do that? Thanks, Scott. (please email also!) -- ==================================================== Scott Davis, 45 Dunfield Av, Unit 2117 Self-Employed Toronto, ON, Canada, M4S 2H4 Tech Consulta...

have 3 pieces of data in a cell seperated by a comma. How can I isolate the middle piece of data?
I've imported a large file of data that is basically three columns of data each seperated by a comma. (I could not figure out how to import them into a new spreadsheet so that each piece of data was automatically put into it's own column - but that is a different question) How can I do a "search replace" that will delete all of the data up to the firts comma? Then I would want to delete the data after the second comma in order to isolate the middle portion of data? Here is an example of the data: "10302003-12445","17.99","xyz21" Is there a be...

Exchange 5.5 Resource mailbox
I would like to create a resource mailbox for our conference rooms and have this conference room marked as a resource automatically. I have been searching and cannot find a way to do this. Does anyone know if it's possible for a resource mailbox to be marked as a resource automatically when invited? I have a mailbox created and have it set so that it auto accepts meeting requests and schedules the room with no problems. But if you want it marked as a resource you must manually do so. Thanks in advance. Fully explained here: http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=894 "Chad"...

Seperate words in a field
I have data that has information in a field that I need to separate. Example: Jimmy Ray (2004) (director) (producer) Jenny Rich (2000) (Actress) From this example I need to separate the items in parentheses from the name and enter them all in different columns. Is there a query or other possible way to do this? Thanks for any help given. As I see it this would be a 2-step process.. First you would separate all words: Divide text across cells Select the range of cells that contains the text values. The range can be any number of rows tall, but no more than one...

Exchange syncronization
Did anybody work with Interorg Syncronization Tool for EXchange 5.5? This tool is from Backoffice Resource Kit. I have to syncronize 2 organizations using the SMTP connector both with Exchange 5.5. I cannot use X400 connector for this. There is another way for doing this? I tryed with Interorg sync tool and I get the error "Initialize Error - fatal - Can't open default db!" =?Utf-8?B?QWRpZHJlMQ==?= <Adidre1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:94C12276-83DC-4744-8960-CB7B7A99F644@microsoft.com: > Did anybody work with Interorg Syncronization Tool for EXchange 5...

Exchange 5.5 and Inbound restrictions
Hi all, I'm running Exchange 5.5 on NT4 both of which are serviced packed and hotfixed to the latest patches. When external email has an attachment larger than 1MB. The sender gets a bounce back saying that "Remote host said: 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation". I do not have any incoming size restrictions and no mailbox storage restrictions. I have over a 1.5 GB of free space on the "C" and 2.5GB of free space on the "D" drive. "D" contains the emails stores. Any ideas????? Thanks in Advance What about your...

Access a calendar on Exchange 2003/AD from an NT/Exchange 5.5 user
I think I already know the answer to this, but I want to run this by everyone first... We are in the middle of our migration from NT/5.5 to AD/2003. Mixed mode Exchange, separate AD domain. (we do the ADMT/ADC migration thing) The Exchange 2003 servers are members of the 5.5 site. A user who has been migrated to Exchange 2003 and AD can select users or distribution lists out of the GAL and give permissions (say, editor permissions) to an item - lets say their calendar. If the user is still on Exchange 5.5 and NT, they cannot seem to access via these permissions even though you can s...

Export Contacts Table from MS Access to Global Address List in Exchange
Hi, I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts table in Microsoft Access to Global Address List on Exchange so I can view all the contacts in Outlook Address Book? Thanks, Eric It's possible, yes. But, not knowing the format of your Access database, I can't tell you much more. Look into the CSVDE tool. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <eric.nguyen312@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171476029.880250.152000@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts ...

Two domains in same exchange & smtp servers
Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 server. Setup with a primary domain name example.edu.au . Setup another domain name demo.com in the same exchange server & smtp server. How to configure in-coming mail from internet to demo.com ? Hi, Try the following resouce for configuring multiple domains. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/extransrout.mspx "Em Yeu" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23RPX4EtWEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 server. Setup with a primary domain name > example.edu.au . >...

Cached Exchange Mode grayed out
Has anyone ever seen the cached exchange mode option grayed out in outlook 2003. If you have how do you correct it? I would like to use it for connecting to an exchange 2003 server. Thanks, Matt Are you using Windows XP SP2? Also, make sure that you have got the latest updates for Office. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com "Matt Lavigne" <MattLavigne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07B8E320-C01F-4635-ABAA-36CAED76D4EA@microsoft.com... > Has anyone ever seen the cached exchan...

Out of Office doesn't reply the external mails after migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003.
After I have made an In-Place migration of Exchange server with all of the mailboxes on it without using exmerge, the Out-of-Office of most of the old users, which are created before migration, replies only the internal mails but no more external mails. The Out-of -Office of the new users, which are created after migration, works however very well. Using Mdbvu32.exe (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/248709/en-us) I have removed the inbox rules (each row with CB items, OOF Rules or MSFT:TDX OOF Rules under "Associated Messages in Fld") and even all rules in an inbox under it....

Exchange 2K and Exchange 2K3 Native Mode
Can Exchange 2K run in Exchange 2K3 Native Mode? If not what benefits would we loose if we left it in mixed mode? thanks, Jeremey Yes, Exchange 2000 can run in Exchange 2003 Native Mode Organization. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Jeremey" <Jeremey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:551C2FD5-F7A0-4051-96D5-9E6E73E6EF01@microsoft.com... > Can Exchange 2K run in Exchange 2K3 Native Mode? > > If not what benefits would we loose if we left it in mixed mode? > > thanks, > Jeremey ...