Seperation of Exchange from active directory

Hi all,

we are having active directory integrated exchange server. Due to heavy
load, now we want to seperate active directory and exchange server in 2
diferrent servers. Can any help me how to go about it.

 OS - 2K3 standard
Exchange - 2k3 standard

0
Chidambs (2)

There is a good KB article for Nuevo's recommendation.  The KB is KB822931
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/822931

Don't forget to move your FSMO roles, DNS (if needed), etc. if you decide to
remove the first DC.

--
Bob Christian II
MVP - LCS

"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> My recommendation would be to bring in a new server, install Exchange,
> move your existing mailboxes to the new server, rehome public/system
> folders and then remove Exchange from the old server.
>
> Nue
> <Chidambs@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> we are having active directory integrated exchange server. Due to heavy
>> load, now we want to seperate active directory and exchange server in 2
>> diferrent servers. Can any help me how to go about it.
>>
>> OS - 2K3 standard
>> Exchange - 2k3 standard

0
BobChristian (293)

seperating rows
i have an excel worksheet that is formatted as such (number) (date) (conpany name) (street address) (city) (state) (agent) (agent's name) (agent's address) (officer) (officer's name) (officer's address) blank line (number) (date) (conpany name) (street address) (city) (state) (agent) (agent's name) (agent's address) (officer) (officer's name) (officer's address) blank line and so on... sometimes there are more than one agent or officer, none of the information can be sorted accurately by column. i want to maintain the data between the blank lines. it must stay...

Activating Money
My Money plus expires this month. I read i still can use it forever. Down the road if i reformat or get a new PC how will i be able to activate the new installation ? -- Dell Inspiron Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 In microsoft.public.money, desgnr wrote: >My Money plus expires this month. >I read i still can use it forever. >Down the road if i reformat or get a new PC how will i be able to activate >the new installation ? See http://www.microsoft.com/money/faq.mspx Make sure you see this part: =============...

create chart with data from across seperate worksheets
i am currently trying to create a line chart using data found in different worksheets, but in the same workbook. although i can carry this out by cutting and pasting all the required data into the same worksheet whenever i try to pick the data from several or even two sheets i get a error message. i would've thought i'd be able to pick this up seperately...as you can for any other formula. Hi, See Jon's page for information. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html Cheers Andy Diz wrote: > i am currently trying to create a line chart using data...

Exchange
I am running Exchange 2000 Sp3 plus roll ups on my Windows 2000 server. Recently my bad mail has increased exponentially every month. This is mail that is coming in and not going to any particular user of my network...SPAM. I work in an advertising company. We have tried using Spam filters, however, due to the nature of our business, some clients were not able to send us emails. I have about 200-300 system messages a day. I have created 2 SMTP connectors which allow me to see good mail and bad mail in my SMTP Queue. I have set the SMTP connector for Bad Mail to run at 2:00 a.m., theref...

Help Just applied August Post SP Rollup Exchange 2000 "To" Button not working
I have just applied the August Post SP3 Rollup on two of my exchange servers. On the two that were patched I am not able to click the "To" button and open the GAL. One the two servers that were not upgraded I am still able to open the GAL using OWA. I'm able to type a name in the "to" field and it is able to resolve the name however when I try to send the message it never gets delivered and a new window opens. Any Ideas? I don't know that this has anything to do with the rollup package. The symptoms you are seeing typically occur when clients are unable to co...

seperate accounts to seperate folders?
Hi I just had a quick question... I am currently using Outlook 2003, and I have 2 pop3 email accounts se up in my outlook.....one of them is my personal company email and th other is the general comapny email address (which i am responsible fo checking). What i am trying to find out how to do is, is it possibl to have the general company email messages go directly to a seperat folder besides the inbox? I still want my personal company email t come to the Inbox folder, but i want the general company email to go t a folder called "SCS." Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank...

Where Can I Get A Copy of Exmerge for Exchange 5.5 Online?
I'm in need of deleting mail on my servers and can't find my Backoffice CD. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Exmerge of the internet quickly? Thanks http://mvps.org/exchange/Exmerge.htm -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Arthur Clark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d0301c4271c$68dd7d10$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I'm in need of deleting mail on my servers and can't find > my Backoffice CD. Does anyone know where I can get a copy > of Exmerge of ...

Configuration for Internet Mail (Exchange 2003)
We are setting up Exchange server 2003 to replace our old mail server. We have trouble redirecting inbound mail to mailboxes. The inbound mail stays in the folder \Exchsrvr\MailRoot\VSI 1\Queue. So when we do a sending/receiving operation from Outlook, we got nothing. We tried to use the Internet Mail Wizard but we keep getting the following error "Can not be part of a Network Load Balancing Cluster" even if we are not part of a load balancing. Any help will be greatly appreciated. "Jonathan Grand-Maison" <jgrandmaison@chca.ca> wrote: > >We are setting ...

IMF and mixed Exchange environment
I have a front end server running E2k3 and two back end servers, one running E2k3 and the other running E2k. Can I install IMF without impacting mailboxes on the E2k mail server? As it was described in the IMF deployment whitepaper (see www.microsoft.com/exchange/library), IMF can implement several levels of filters. If you choose to apply filtering at the gateway level, it will not pass beyond IMF and both 2k and 2k3 servers the same way. If you choose to rely on store filtering, e2k will not understand anything about those and let the messages into Inbox as-is, while e2k3 sp1 sto...

Exchange
Exchange halted with the following message. Error 1706 Extended bios data area memory has been corrupted. Array controller INT 13H. BIOS cannot continue. Any ideas? ...

After uninstalling POP3 service, Exchange POP3 is gone too
I recently installed the Microsoft POP3 Service on my Exchange 2003 server, which immediately stopped email traffic because of a conflict with the already existing Microsoft Exchange POP3. According to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909546 the solution was simply to uninstall the new service... but when I do so, Microsoft Exchange POP3 disappears from my list of services. The symptoms of this are that mail sent just "disappears," not appearing in Sent Mail boxes, and certainly not appearing in the appropriate inboxes. Do I need to reinstall Exchange to get the POP3 service...

Exchange Database question
Hi All, I restored a online backup of my priv.edb on a second server to test with a third party tool for mailbox recovery, namely powertools by ontrack. Of course since it is an online backup the database file itself is locked. I haven't got the time to build a test exchange machine and just want to test against the restored file. I there any way to get the lock of the database file? On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:49:01 -0800, "Gawin" <McArcher@@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >I restored a online backup of my priv.edb on a second server to test with a >third p...

Prevent the owner from re-activating a case
Hi, I am trying to prevent the owner of a case from re-activating a closed case. I was thinking of using a workflow that will reassign the case to a manager, thereby changing ownership. However, MS-CRM does not allow me to assign a closed case. is that true that you can not assign a closed case? Is reactivation of a case controlled by the Write Privilege on a case? Also, even if I managed to assign the closed case to the manager, I realized that the previous owner will still be able to reactivate it because the security privilege for the Write Operation must be enabled at BU level so t...

HOW DO I SET UP EMAIL FOR 2 USERS IN SEPERATE VIEWS
can anyone help me set up my OE so that when my husband comes on he only sees his emails and i only see mine? my goal is so he does not have to wade thru my emails as well as his and can view only his emails. Help!? A good reference site is http://www.scicable.com/identities.htm . Hope that helps. James <nikinahnah@bridge-of-love.com> wrote in message news:0d3501c4a648$c8062ac0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > can anyone help me set up my OE so that when my husband > comes on he only sees his emails and i only see mine? > my goal is so he does not have to wade thru my emails as ...

Exchange 2003 Store
After upgrade from Exchange 2000, Exch2k3 store will not start. Any suggestions? Thank you "Tpoole" <tpoole89@hotmail.com> wrote: >After upgrade from Exchange 2000, Exch2k3 store will not start. Any >suggestions? Have a look at the Application and System event logs. You'll have to provide more information than "will not start" if you expect a more useful answer. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Problem after Exchange Repair
Recently, Our Exchange server (2000) crashed. I was able to repair the database using eseutil, however, now there is an additional problem. When wiewing their folders within Outlook, it falsly indicates new messages that are not there. Any advise is welcomed. Thanks "=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:D5E0ABCA-8E97-4951-A37B-ECCA0126B2E0@microsoft.com: > Recently, Our Exchange server (2000) crashed. I was able to repair > the database using eseutil, however, now there is an additional > problem. When wiewing their folders with...

seperate accounts
i'm currently running outlook 2002 with 2 seperate accounts. i have rules set up for each account to move it's email to a seperate folder and then stop processing anymore rules. I've found that the program seperates e- mail correctly if each account is coming from the same server. However, in this case, the e-mail is coming from two different servers and outlook is not seperating and is putting a copy of each msg into each folder. could anyone please give me a step-by-step procedure on how I would need to setup my accounts and rules to properly sort my e-mail? Cody, I jus...

Exchange queues
had to reinstall IIS which causes the Exc MTA and other services i.e. POP3 ect. to stop functioning, which lead to reinstalling both IIS and Exchange Server Prior to installation I had messages in my queues, after the reinstall none, Is there a way of getting these messages back If the msgs were in the queue, then after re-installation you will not get the queue. Ruwan Dissanayake "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23c6001c45f4b$a90c7b90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > had to reinstall IIS which causes the Exc MTA and other > services i.e. P...

Unable to map drive on seperate subnet of Windows 2008 Server
On our current Windows 2003 Server I'm able to map a drive to a shared folder from a workstation from a different subnet. Even if this machine is not a member of the Domain, I can add the servers IP address and machine name to the hosts file. If I have a user account setup on the server I can then pass the username and password credentials when mapping the drive and everything is OK. When migrating to the new server (Windows 2008 R2) I try to do the same thing, it gives me the following error: The network path \\servername\share could not be found. Is there something...

Converting from Netmail to Exchange
We are in the process of converting all of our student from Novell Netmail to exchange. I was wondering if anyone knew how to convert Netmail mailboxes to Exchange. This is not Novell's Groupwise, rather a very basic version of email for students. Thank you. ukpup ...

stroage capacity office wars (outlook / exchange)
our small (12 person) office, running an exchange server is running into "email storage issues"... generally, appropriate to the nature of the business, the email is stored in subfolders within the public folder. the emails frequently have attachments, occasionally 6M to 14M in size. This quickly max's the maximum storage capacity. (a "dead filing / archive" routine is in place and active) there is a STRONG opinion on "one side" of the office that attachments ought to be stripped and stored elsewhere. the "other" side feels that this is &...

Exchange Database recovered
I'm wondering if I can verify my Exchange server recovered correctly. Microsoft Server 2003 Standard SP1. Microsoft Exhange 2003 Enterprise Edition C: OS and Exchange install and logs D: only priv1.edb and priv1.stm files Boom goes the dynamite and the D: is gone. Get the full backup from last night. Use Backup Exec 10d to recover. Discover we are doing a “snapshot” backup and not using the Exchange Agent. So I can’t do a Remote Storage Group type of restore. Instead run a job that copies back the 2 database files to a new D: drive. I thought I would have to replay the T-logs, b...

exchange
Can i use a public email account eg. a yahoo or hotmail email account with exchange? even if exchange does not have a public domain of its own Hotmail: no. Yahoo: only if you pay them for POP service access & use a third party POP connector on your Exchange server - and these are not recommended. Just go ahead and register a domain name & host your own mail directly on the server - it's not very expensive to register a domain. Joe wrote: > Can i use a public email account eg. a yahoo or hotmail > email account with exchange? even if exchange does not > have a public d...

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation fa
My Outlook 2003 will no longer connect to the Exchange Server 2003. When I manually run "Send and Receive" I get the following error: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' Does anything know how to correct this problem? /H ...

Exchange Server/Relay Server Problem
I am in the process of moving all users from our old e-mail domain to the new e-mail domain. The old e-mail accounts reside on a Linux server running QMail with a domain similar to organization.com. All new accounts are being moved to an Exchange Server with the domain name of organization.ca; The Exchange server had been configured to relay all mail through the Linux server. As we moved people to the new domain name (organization.ca) the QMail server was configured to forward the users mail to the new accounts. It did so flawlessly until Friday... On Friday administration decided they...