Separate Disclaimer

Due to a new law, our tax department has to have a specific disclaimer on
their outgoing emails.  We currently have a disclaimer that goes on all
outgoing mail, this would be an additional disclaimer to that.

Short of having the users change their Outlook signature to reflect the new
disclaimer, is there a way to set up just one group of users to have a
specific disclaimer message than the rest of the firm?

We're using Exchange 2000 SP3 and Windows 2000 Server SP4.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Doreen

0
doreen1 (9)

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:48:49 -0400, "Doreen" <doreen@doreeniscool.com>
wrote:

>Due to a new law, our tax department has to have a specific disclaimer on
>their outgoing emails.  We currently have a disclaimer that goes on all
>outgoing mail, this would be an additional disclaimer to that.
>
>Short of having the users change their Outlook signature to reflect the new
>disclaimer, is there a way to set up just one group of users to have a
>specific disclaimer message than the rest of the firm?
>
>We're using Exchange 2000 SP3 and Windows 2000 Server SP4.
>
>Thanks in advance for your help.
>
>Doreen

www.gfi.com
You can have multiple disclaimers based on a number of parameters.

0
mark7219 (5666)
6/14/2005 2:29:58 PM
That seems like a whole lot of product for the one thing I need to do,
especially since we already have a contract with a company for our spam
filtering.

Is there a way to do it natively in Exchange, or perhaps another product
that doesn't bundle this capability in with anothe product?

Thanks!

Doreen

> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:48:49 -0400, "Doreen" <doreen@doreeniscool.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Due to a new law, our tax department has to have a specific disclaimer on
>>their outgoing emails.  We currently have a disclaimer that goes on all
>>outgoing mail, this would be an additional disclaimer to that.
>>
>>Short of having the users change their Outlook signature to reflect the
>>new
>>disclaimer, is there a way to set up just one group of users to have a
>>specific disclaimer message than the rest of the firm?
>>
>>We're using Exchange 2000 SP3 and Windows 2000 Server SP4.
>>
>>Thanks in advance for your help.
>>
>>Doreen
>>

> www.gfi.com
> You can have multiple disclaimers based on a number of parameters.

0
doreen1 (9)
6/14/2005 3:59:31 PM
"Doreen" <doreen@doreeniscool.com> wrote in

> That seems like a whole lot of product for the one thing I need to do,
> especially since we already have a contract with a company for our
> spam filtering.
>
> Is there a way to do it natively in Exchange, or perhaps another
> product that doesn't bundle this capability in with anothe product?

You could do it with an event sink in Exchange, but it would require
using POP3 outlook or another POP3 client. What are you currently using
for your disclaimer? There are several content filters that offer this
ability based on group membership.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

How to create a single line separated by commas from a matrix?
Hello, I've the following problem. I've a table made of several columns. Each colum represents a characteristic regarding to a subject (e.g. Name, Surname, Home Street, etc...). In the rows I put the different people. I need to export these info to a format compatible with other program - an email program-, which requires the information to be arranged in a different way. The program needs all these data to be ordered in a single row, with each characteristic between quotation marks, and separated by commas, following this pattern: "characteristic 1","characteristic ...

Master image to use in separate sheets?
Hello All, Does anyone know if there is a way to tell Excel to use the same image/background for each sheet, instead of needing to import for each one? Or is there a way to set up a (similiar to Power Point/Master slide). Thanks in advance, drew If it's just for one workbook, I'd have a master worksheet in that workbook that I could just copy. If it's for lots of workbooks, I'd set up a workbook with one sheet that had that background the way I wanted it. Then save this workbook as a Template (let the folder default to excel's favorite). Tnen when you rightclick on...

Separate inboxes for separate accounts
How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail came from? Using Outlook 2000. >-----Original Message----- >How can I separate incoming e-mail from separate e-mail >accounts into folders so I can tell where incoming mail >came from? Using Outlook 2000. >. > I'm a novice but I just ask that question and dl@spoofmail.com gave me the following advice: It is done with rules. 1st create your folders (sounds like you've done that.) Then select Tools / rules & alerts / New Rule... This brings up...

Separating a comma separated list
Not having a great deal of experience with macros, I thought I might see if I could pick the brains of the group. I have to essentially break out a comma separated text string in a single cell into a vertical list, with a reference number thrown in for good measure. Example. Data I have: A B 1 NUMBER RESOURCE 2 101 Smith John,Jones Adam,Brown Philip,Greene Thomas 3 102 Smith John,Jackson Arthur Needs to look like: A B 1 NUMBER RESOURCE 2 101 Smith John 3 101 Jones Adam 4 101 Brown Philip 5 101 Gr...

Separating strings in a field to separate fields
Hi, I have a field that consists of a string value that looks like Item1, Item2, Item3, each item is separated by commas. I want to separate that string value so that each item has its own field. Is there code that will easily do this? Thanks, Jaime On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 12:08:57 -0800 (PST), jseger22@yahoo.com wrote: >Hi, > >I have a field that consists of a string value that looks like Item1, >Item2, Item3, each item is separated by commas. I want to separate >that string value so that each item has its own field. Is there code >that will easily do this? > >Thank...

Launch Oulook Express Newsreader separately
Hi I use Outlook Express as my newsreader. My problem is that in order to access it, I need to first launch Outlook. Is there some way I can launch the newsreader portion of OE without launching Outlook? A command line switch or something I imagine. I'm using Outlook XP with OE 6 on Windows XP pro. Thanks I believe the command-line switch is /newsonly. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "aJax&...

separate pages rather than spreads?
Hi Using 2007 I created a .pdf of an A5 booklet with 80 double sided pages and sent it to an outside printer. They replied asking "Would it be possible to send in the inside pages as separate pages rather than spreads? That is a pdf with the pages A5 size in number order 1- whatever." Anyone know how to do that please ?? -- Martin ���� Martin ���� @nohere.net wrote: > Hi > Using 2007 > I created a .pdf of an A5 booklet with 80 double sided pages and sent > it to an outside printer. They replied asking > > "Would it be possible to se...

Need to Separate
Hello All, I was wondering if there is a way to separate the following: I have the following: TX;CA;NM;VT;NY;MI;OK;FL I need it to be: TX CA NM VT NY MI OK FL Thanks, Charles Data>Text to Columns>Delimited by ; will get it into columns. Then copy>paste special>transpose will get it into one column. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 21:02:46 -0500, "Charles Reid" <creid@satx.rr.com> wrote: >Hello All, > >I was wondering if there is a way to separate the following: > >I have the following: > >TX;CA;NM;VT;NY;MI;OK;FL &g...

Synching 2 iPhones to Outlook on one PC for separate calendaring
I want to use Outlook on our new PC to synch calendars for two iPhones belonging to my wife and myself. How do I go about this to keep the calendaring info separate; how does the iPhone know which calendar to synch with? Do I have to open Outlook to the right calendar somehow before I synch with the appropriate iPhone? Or is there some automated way of doing this so that I can just synch my iPhone without opening Outlook, and the system will know which iPhone gets synched with which calendar? Thanks -- Bob You'll need to configure the sync to use the correct profile and outlook w...

Exchange 5.5
Hi, I am looking to incorporate the imsext.dll to our Exchange 5.5 setup in order to allow us to append a legal disclaimer at the bottom of all outgoing emails (as described in KB 258206 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185028). I don't own a copy of the Backoffice Resource Kit, however KB 185028 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185028 ) indicates that I can download the "Internet Mail Connector Extension" from "Microsoft's World Wide Web server", with, of course, no links provided. I have seen this DLL posted...

Attach a Disclaimer to the bottom of all emails
Hello, I have Exchange 5.5 and I'm new to this software. Please can someone help me in finding out how to attach a Disclaimer to the bottom of all my outgoing emails. Thank you... L http://www.purenetworking.net/HintsTips/Exchange_Disclaimer ..htm >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >I have Exchange 5.5 and I'm new to this software. Please >can someone help me in finding out how to attach a >Disclaimer to the bottom of all my outgoing emails. > >Thank you... > >L >. > ...

How to separate 2 words into separate kolumns
Hi I have just exported my address book in to Excel file, what I need to do is make from one field where I have: John Brown separate John in to column Name and remove Brown in to column surrname. I cant find any idea how to do such a thing. you can use following formulas consider a1 here as cell with complete name for first name formula =left(A1,find(" ",a1)) for surname =right(A1,len(a1)-find(" ",a1)) Regards NC you can also use menu data\text to columns feature of excel choose delimited in first window & space as separator regards NC ...

separating text into separate columns
I'm new to Excel and working on a document with addresses in it. However, the first name and last name of the people are within the same column. So my question is: how do you separate text into separate columns without having to delete it? For example, my text currently looks like this: "Jones, James" but I want Jones to be in a separate column (titled "LAST") and James (titled "FIRST") to be in a separate column. Help? Thanks! With a blank column to the right of the column containing your data, select teh column with the names and do Data / Text To Columns...

separating items in a cell
Hi. I have a column that has values like the following: "Doe, John H." What I want to do is put "Doe" in Column A and "John H." in column B and lose the comma. I am sure there is an easy way to do this. Any help would be appreciated! TIA! Follow these steps: 1. Go Data->'Text to Columns' 2. Choose 'Delimited' 3. Check 'Comma' -- Regards, Dave "Jenn" wrote: > Hi. I have a column that has values like the following: > "Doe, John H." > What I want to do is put "Doe" in Column A and "John ...

My charts do not show when moved as a separate chart tab...
In excel 2007 my charts are displayed when inserted in a a sheet but they do not show when moved as separate tabs ...

Elapsed time when separate cells contain time and separate date
Have 2 pairs of cells representing two events -- a date and time for each event stored as text with the date cell in form mm/dd/yyyy and the time cell in form hh:mm xM. Need to find the elapsed time between the two events in hours and minutes placed in separate cells. Suppose your cells are arranged like this: date time A1 B1 A2 B2 Then enter in cell for hours =INT(MOD((A2+B2-A1-B1),1)/(1/24))+INT((A2+B2-A1-B1)/1)*24 for minutes =MOD(MOD((A2+B2-A1-B1),1),1/24)*24*60 Regards, Stefi „Gnugs” ezt írta: > Have 2 pairs of cells representing two events -- a date and time for...

getting GUI in separate threads to work
Greetings! I have a property sheet in my main application and I need to add a page that is generated in an OLE dll. Currently I create a dispatch to the OLE dll and then make an OLE call to pass back a reference to the property page in the dll that I want to use in my property sheet. My problem is that the inserted page does not receive many windows messages. I can poke the buttons and they do what they are suppose to do, but things like tooltips and ON_UPDATE_COMMANDUI kind of messages never get to the page. I understand that I am coming up against the problem of having GUI in separ...

Separating texts separated by commas in a cell
Please I would like to know how to separate text separated by commas in cell. For example; In a cell containing the text v1,v2,T1. i want t write the texts "v1" , "v2" and "T1" in separate cells. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com somto Data>Text to Columns>De-limited by comma. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:21:53 -0500, somto <<somto.153bif@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >Please > >I would like to know how to separate text separated by commas in a >cell. For example; In a cell containin...

decimal separator?
Hi, I'm using web quiries to obtain data from web pages. Some of the sites use ',' as a desimal separator others use '.'. I'm from Finland so I'd like to use ',' as decimal separator. Is there a way to format those U.S.-format('.') numbers to Finnish-format(',') without changing the setting for the whole progmam/operating system?? Thank you, Jimmy format the cells where you will paste as text paste in the data format the cells a general do edit=>Replace Replace what . replace with , -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Jimmy <jj_22_jj@yahoo...

splitting a database into separate tables
I have imported a database into Access 2003, and the data is all in one large table. I now need to split the data into about 12 tables, before designing how the tables relate to each other. How do I split the database into separate tables, preferably without losing the relationships which exist in the current composite database? Create the new tables, then write Append Queries to take the individual values from the existing table and put them in the new tables. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "jon@thebear" <jonthe...

Comma separator for custom Currency
Experts, Intent to display: 100000 has to be displayed as Rs. 1,00,000.00 10000000 has to be displayed as Rs. 1,00,00,000.00 0 has to be displayed as Rs. - David McRitchie, Tushar Mehta and others wrote the format as given below: Rupees with Paise [>9999999]"Rs. "##\,##\,##\,##0.00;[>99999]"Rs. "##\,##\,##0.00;"Rs. "##,##0.00 Rupees without Paise [>9999999]"Rs. "##\,##\,##\,##0;[>99999]"Rs."##\,##\,##0;"Rs. "##,##0 Rupees without Rs. notation [>99...

Separating First Name(s) and Last Name into Separate Columns
I have a spreadsheet with one column ("name") that contains names in the following formats occuring randomly down the list: Firstname Lastname Firstname & Firstname Lastname Firstname Lastname & Firstname Lastname I need to get them all into two new columns "firstname" and "lastname" and I'm having difficulties writing a formula to account for all 3 scenarios in one cell. (If I have to do it in multiple steps - so be it!) For the 1st example, the contents of the new "firstname" column should be Firstname, while the "lastname"...

outgoing disclaimer
how to add a disclaimer to outgoing email on exchange 2003? http://www.exclaimer.com/ is probably one of the better ways. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "Onsi" <Onsi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:716E8413-DCCE-4FD4-ABE0-D2A6A9573585@microsoft.com... > how to add a disclaimer to outgoing email on exchange 2003? www.exclaimer.com "Onsi" <Onsi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:716E8413-DCCE-4FD4-ABE0-D2A6A9573585@microsoft.com... > how to add a disclaimer to outgoing email on e...

disclaimer message
Is there anyway to put a disclaimer message on all outgoing messages in exchange 2003 or will I have to buy software to do it? On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:03:39 -0800, gmckinley <gmckinley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there anyway to put a disclaimer message on all outgoing messages in >exchange 2003 or will I have to buy software to do it? There is a way but it doesn't work in a huge number of cases. Best to go to www.exclaimer.co.uk and shell out for it. I second Mark's comments. I can personally recommend Exclaimer also. Sergio "Mark Arnold [MVP]" ...

Separate PK in Jxn Tbl?
Whenever I've created junction tables in the past, I always made the PK of the junction table the combined pks from the two other tables. Ex: Table1 PK=A; Table2 PK=B; Junction table consists of two fields, A and B, which together comprise the PK for the junction table. However, I just came across some code in which the person created a junction table with a separate PK consisting of an autonumber field, and then the two fields. So I was wondering how others did junction tables -- with a standalone autonumber PK, or with a PK consisting of the PKs of the tables being joined? And, ...