Sent Items Deletion Prevention

Greetings,

We would like to prevent  Sent Items file deletion for an OU of our Outlook
2003 users that connect to our Exchange 2003 SP1 servers. Any suggestions as
to a smooth way of accomplishing this task? Thanks in Advance for the replies.

Drukyulgoods...

If you want to save emails, your best bet is message journaling or
some 3rd party archivinig product.

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:10:08 -0700, drukyulgoods
<Drukyulgoods@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>We would like to prevent  Sent Items file deletion for an OU of our Outlook
>2003 users that connect to our Exchange 2003 SP1 servers. Any suggestions as
>to a smooth way of accomplishing this task? Thanks in Advance for the replies.
>
>Drukyulgoods...

0
adavid (8731)
10/28/2004 10:21:24 PM
Andy,
Thanks for the reply. Can message journaling be enabled on an OU basis? I
thought it was a global setting? We just want to prevent our Accounting OU
users from deleting their sent items for Sarbane Oxley compliance. We were
thinking along the lines of setting the Sent Items folder permissions from
Author/Owner to Publisher pushed out via a GPO to the OU. We just don't know
where to start or even if this is a good idea in the 1st place.

Regards,
Drukyulgoods

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> If you want to save emails, your best bet is message journaling or
> some 3rd party archivinig product.
>

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:10:08 -0700, drukyulgoods
> <Drukyulgoods@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Greetings,
> >
> >We would like to prevent  Sent Items file deletion for an OU of our Outlook
> >2003 users that connect to our Exchange 2003 SP1 servers. Any suggestions as
> >to a smooth way of accomplishing this task? Thanks in Advance for the replies.
> >
> >Drukyulgoods...

Its per mailbox store, so if you move all those users to the same
store, you are in business!

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:34:01 -0700, Drukyulgoods
<Drukyulgoods@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Andy,
>Thanks for the reply. Can message journaling be enabled on an OU basis? I
>thought it was a global setting? We just want to prevent our Accounting OU
>users from deleting their sent items for Sarbane Oxley compliance. We were
>thinking along the lines of setting the Sent Items folder permissions from
>Author/Owner to Publisher pushed out via a GPO to the OU. We just don't know
>where to start or even if this is a good idea in the 1st place.
>
>Regards,
>Drukyulgoods
>
>"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:
>
>> If you want to save emails, your best bet is message journaling or
>> some 3rd party archivinig product.
>>

>> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:10:08 -0700, drukyulgoods
>> <Drukyulgoods@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Greetings,
>> >
>> >We would like to prevent  Sent Items file deletion for an OU of our Outlook
>> >2003 users that connect to our Exchange 2003 SP1 servers. Any suggestions as
>> >to a smooth way of accomplishing this task? Thanks in Advance for the replies.
>> >
>> >Drukyulgoods...

0
adavid (8731)

Sent to as attachment command
I was wondering if there is a way to set up a hyperlink that when clicked sends the workbook as an attachment to the person specified by the hyperlink?? Hi Tom A hyperlink can't do this as far as I know But you can use a macro that will send it to the address in the activecell Sub Mail_workbook() If ActiveCell.Value Like "*@*" Then ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ActiveCell.Value, _ "This is the Subject line" End If End Sub See for more mail examples http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro...

Help !!! Deleting rows in protected document ?!?
i locked certain cells in my excel worksheet ... and for the locking to work .... i need to protect the document ... in the protect options ... i allowed deletion of rows ... but then ... when i try to delete after protecting the document ... it will say "cannot delete rows with locked cell" anyone knows how to resolve ?!?!?!?!?! Hi I use a procedure which makes various adjustments on protected sheet. The procedure is started by user from button on one worksheet, but the same code can be implemented into workbooks Open event too. On worksheet with data, in one column the use...

Delete browsing history for multiple users?
Is there a way I can delete browsing history for all users from my Administrator account? Or do I have to log into each account and delete history from there? No & Yes sduraybito wrote: > Is there a way I can delete browsing history for all users from my > Administrator account? Or do I have to log into each account and delete > history from there? "sduraybito" <sduraybito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96DA92F5-BB18-48A6-8B4C-ABADB06C0600@microsoft.com... > Is there a way I can delete browsing history for all users from my &g...

how do i openexcel spreadsheet sent via e mail
how do iopen aspreadsheet sent via email windows need to know what programme created it .i dont understand Hi Always copy the file on your harddisk first before you open it Never open it in the mail. Maybe they send a link to the file to you instead of the file ? You can try this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver&qu...

Tracking inventory of lot matrix items
Hi I have a situation where we sell cigars by pack or individually. I have created lot matrix items so we can do that. Now, how do I track inventory in this situation. My cashiers break open a packs to sell individual cigars all day long. It is not practical to change inventory every time a pack is broken open. Is there a better way to track inventory. Any help is appreciated. Regards JD JD, Go into a Standard item > Special tab. Look at the Parent > Child section From Help; Parent item: Displays the item lookup code of the parent of this item. A parent item is defined as a...

Sent Mail, have mail in sent box not sent by me??
This has now happened two weeks in a row. How can I correct this? My computer is turned off when this is done. Email is being sent to people not in my contact list. Do I have to close this account in order to correct? Is it a Hotmail account? Recent reports of Hotmail Account hijacks http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=1fe6ed3e-eef6-4c57-933f-f3c408f1c5c1 If from another mail service, You can use the above as a guide for the sorts of things to check/change. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "eve" <eve@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Finding "missing" Sent Mail
Hello... My Boss just came to me in a panic as he had a message on his screen about consolidating his mail (how he describes it) and he told it Yes.. He now can not find his saved Sent Mail.... Can you help? Where did it go? Thank you... Hi Stan, Perhaps he archived his email? Open Outlook, click on Tools > Options > Other > Autoarchive and see if autoarchive appears to be turned on. If it is, this will show you the exact file the items have been moved to. Next you will need for Outlook to display this file within the user interface. To do that, click on File >...

missing items in transactions reports
I think there seems to be a bug in money. I created a new account in MS Money 2005. and then I manually added the payee and the proper catagory. However, when I go to reports and click transactions by catagory, I do not see my transaction even though I set it to the catagory. I searched and did everything but nothing. can anyone help? You added: an account a payee a category. Did you ever actually add a **transaction** in the account register for the payee with the category? Have you checked the customizations on the report to make sure that it covers the right account, payee, category,...

No labels for sent or forwared mail
Sometimes when I am forwarding or replying mails label of message is not changing as forwarded or replayed. Where is problem and how I can solve it? Thank You. Girts You mean the icon doesn't reflect the change? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/291 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "girts" <girts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

old email sent back randomly
Hi, I'm running exchange 2000 on a server 2000 professional, both exchange and windows with the latest patches installed. One user sent an email in september to a bunch of people with an attachment of around 800 KB. Randomly this email is sent back to some of the people recipients of the first email. The user who sent the email and who is in destination of this email, does not receive it. Some of the recipients do not receive it and a NDR is generated however their email address is correct. I've checked the outbox on both outlook and outlook web access on the user'...

CheckBox click on CtreeCtrl item
Hi all! How it's possible to intercept when a user click on the check box of a CtreeCtrl item? Thanx, Davids I only know of one way to do this. subclass a CTreeCtrl class, takeover the WM_LBUTTONDOWN. Use the HitTest method of the tree ctrl to see where it hits. void CMyTree::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags,CPoint Point) { UINT Flags; HTREEITEM Item = HitTest(Point,&Flags); if (Item != NULL) { if (Flags & TVHT_ONITEMSTATEICON) { //it was on the checkbox } } } AliR. "Davids" <davids@dav.com> wrote in messag...

Delete Queries using Unmatched Query
Reading many helpful responses on this site, but unfortunately none of them seem to remedy my current issue. Just learning Access, took a quick college prep course, got the basics. Now I am expanding freelance. SO the scenarios is my test idea that I have intent to apply on larger scale. I have a database with 15 records... lets say reservations (tbl_reservations) for a hotel. Used a maketable to copy that table because it gets updated often to cancelled or complete status. So I filter out the 9 of those 15 reservations which are still in pending status and make the new table (tbl...

delete multiple pages at once
how can I delete multiple pages in one go? Stella <Stella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how can I delete multiple pages in one go? Hold down the CTRL key while you select the pages you want to delete. When complete, delete. Dear Uncle Grumpy, Actually you can't hold down control and delete multiple pages. Best one can do is to view a two page spread and delete. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Uncle Grumpy" <unclegrumpy@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:oui983huefhj6tmf4088umas...

Deleted Items in Cached Exchange Mode
I currently have users connecting to Exchange 2003 SP1 using Outlook 2003 SP2 in cached Exchange mode. I am coming across occasional users who are hitting their mailbox limit even though their mailbox seems quite empty. On further investigation it seems that users have been religiously emptying their deleted items in cached mode but when I use webmail to check their server version it has loads of deleted items still sitting in the deleted items folder. Is there any particular reason why the synchronisation between OST and server would fail but only for deleted items? Thanks Richard <...

Preventing End users in Outlook from Deleting sent folders
I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there a way to do so on the server side? I've never heard of any way to do this...all you could do, if you need to ensure you have copies of all data, would be to enable journaling... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFE53D7E-E2D3-4AB8-98EF-A1F781791308@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there > a way to do so on the server side? Nope. A user has full control over their *own* mail...

mail not sent
User had an Excel spreadsheet open and tried e-mailing it from with Excel. It would not send. Message would appear at top saying that the file has not been sent. Has happened with other users. ...

Sent Items Disappear
For some reason, after an e-mail has been sent and it is moved to the sent items folder, it doesn't always stay there. Go back a day later and some of the e-mails you sent will be there, and some won't be. It seems to be doing this at random. We're utilizing Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2000 Post SP3 Rollup on the backend. The cache exchange feature is also being used if that makes a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Justin Swall ...

Deleting an order
Good morning. I'm having a problem in the Sales Transaction Entry window. There is an order that is apparently being "edited by another user" - there is no one that has the order open and apparently this has happened before through some glitch. What I need to do is delete the order and reenter it - can anyone help me out on how to do this without going through the Sales Transaction Entry window? I need to delete it so our inventory will be correct and the customer's card has been booked through Credit Card Advantage, so I need to delete that as well. Thanks! -- S...

Add an item in outlook
How can i add a folder under inbox remotely for all my users.I want to create this folder for all my users with his inbox charcterstics(is special for each user). Then i want to send a message with special content to go inside this folder. Thanks ...

Outlook 2003/Sent to folder
Does anyone know why my sent to folder will not display the id of the person I sent the email to even if I select "to" in the arranged by section???? It's making it difficult to grab previously sent I without having to scan the subjects and do a search. I would much appreciate the assistance! Did you try resetting the view? -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a ...

How can I confirm a 'sent' e-mail?
Please tell me how I can tell if my e-mail has been sent. It will be in the Sent folder of your e-mail application. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Giacomo" <Giacomo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1133488-777F-4A5E-9E1D-63323636...

display sent msg sent from outlook in sent item on server
i am using outlook express, but when i send any msg from outlook, it never appear in sent items on server, is there any feature that if i sent msg from outlook it appear in sent message section on server. You'll need an IMAP account for that. You probably have a POP3 account. Contact your ISP and ask if they support IMAP as well for your account. Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us...

budget per INV item
Budgeting is based on GL-accounts. Is theire any way to budget per inventory items or inventory class ID (add on software etc) -- Toni ...

Exchange 2003 Not Storing Email in Sent Items
We just migrated over to 2003 and Exchange 2003 and have been noticing sporadic occasions of some email not being saved in sent items. No, there are no filter, rules or anything on the outlook clients and this does NOT happen on ever mail so "save sent items" is turned on. At first it seemed that it was only emails that were old but I have users reporting that after creating a brand new email they are not stored. I have another user that when he forwards a certain email it will not show up no matter how many times you try. I've logged in using OWE and other workstations with ...

What to delete after drawing?
Hi all, I am new to drawing. In my program I use GDI+ to display a jpeg picture in a dialog and draw various lines over it. I notice that the memory consumption of my program rises steadily each time the display is redrawn, suggesting to me that I'm continuously creating something I should be deleting afterwards but I don't. The problem is that I don't know what it is or how to delete it. Here is how I draw: void CBDlg::OnPaint() { Image image( L"worldmap.jpg"); CRect rcSheet; // placeholder for the picture GetDlgItem( IDC_PICTURE )->GetWindowRect( &rcSh...