Sent from common group account.

Hi All,
I have an issue i could really do with some help on if anyone can assist it 
would be very much appreaciated.

I need to have mail messages sent from and received in to a group account.
Eg:(Accounts@mydomain.com) Currently i have set up the users general mail 
account and also the group account (which has restrictions applied to it, eg 
standard users are unable to delete messages contacts calander items etc.) 

However whenever a user creates a message it automatically defaults to their 
standard account address (username@mydomain.com) instead of the Group account 
address.
I have tried using the send as option as per: 
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327000 however this only seems to apply to 
messages that are forwared or replied to. 
However of course internal messages still need to appear as though they are 
from the user themselves.

many thanks as im truly stuck !!
A
0
Alan01 (4)
11/7/2005 11:07:46 AM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 1 followers. Follow

4 Replies
314 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 24

Hi Alan,

Have you told users to add the "From..." field in the new message. To do 
this from a new message in Outlook 2003, the user needs to click the arrow 
next to options then check from.

Now when a user composes a new email which needs to go out via the group 
address this user must either type the address/alias/name of the group 
mailbox or click the from button to find the mailbox in the GAL.

Regards
-- 
Ben Hoffman
MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)
http://www.ExchangeIS.com

"Alan 01" <Alan01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:AD75100B-250D-4C0A-AC25-0B2ED19D9C2B@microsoft.com...
> Hi All,
> I have an issue i could really do with some help on if anyone can assist 
> it
> would be very much appreaciated.
>
> I need to have mail messages sent from and received in to a group account.
> Eg:(Accounts@mydomain.com) Currently i have set up the users general mail
> account and also the group account (which has restrictions applied to it, 
> eg
> standard users are unable to delete messages contacts calander items etc.)
>
> However whenever a user creates a message it automatically defaults to 
> their
> standard account address (username@mydomain.com) instead of the Group 
> account
> address.
> I have tried using the send as option as per:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327000 however this only seems to apply to
> messages that are forwared or replied to.
> However of course internal messages still need to appear as though they 
> are
> from the user themselves.
>
> many thanks as im truly stuck !!
> A 


0
ben.hoffman (411)
11/7/2005 2:48:19 PM
Hello Ben yes did get that one working it would be fine except ti i send a 
message from the users account using the From button as you suggest the sent 
message is put in to the "local users" sent items rather than the group 
account sent items.

Any ideas on this one..?

Basically their account will only be used for internal mail.

Yours A

"Ben Hoffman" wrote:

> Hi Alan,
> 
> Have you told users to add the "From..." field in the new message. To do 
> this from a new message in Outlook 2003, the user needs to click the arrow 
> next to options then check from.
> 
> Now when a user composes a new email which needs to go out via the group 
> address this user must either type the address/alias/name of the group 
> mailbox or click the from button to find the mailbox in the GAL.
> 
> Regards
> -- 
> Ben Hoffman
> MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)
> http://www.ExchangeIS.com
> 
> "Alan 01" <Alan01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:AD75100B-250D-4C0A-AC25-0B2ED19D9C2B@microsoft.com...
> > Hi All,
> > I have an issue i could really do with some help on if anyone can assist 
> > it
> > would be very much appreaciated.
> >
> > I need to have mail messages sent from and received in to a group account.
> > Eg:(Accounts@mydomain.com) Currently i have set up the users general mail
> > account and also the group account (which has restrictions applied to it, 
> > eg
> > standard users are unable to delete messages contacts calander items etc.)
> >
> > However whenever a user creates a message it automatically defaults to 
> > their
> > standard account address (username@mydomain.com) instead of the Group 
> > account
> > address.
> > I have tried using the send as option as per:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327000 however this only seems to apply to
> > messages that are forwared or replied to.
> > However of course internal messages still need to appear as though they 
> > are
> > from the user themselves.
> >
> > many thanks as im truly stuck !!
> > A 
> 
> 
> 
0
Alan01 (4)
11/7/2005 3:16:12 PM
This is behaviour 'by design'. I asked Microsoft to change this in the next 
update/version and I'm doing this again at this moment.

You can only control this with funny Rules.

-- 
Kind regards,

Menko den Ouden
NL
"Alan 01" <Alan01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:925CFDF4-6238-49F8-94F0-CA929A454184@microsoft.com...
> Hello Ben yes did get that one working it would be fine except ti i send a
> message from the users account using the From button as you suggest the 
> sent
> message is put in to the "local users" sent items rather than the group
> account sent items.
>
> Any ideas on this one..?
>
> Basically their account will only be used for internal mail.
>
> Yours A
>
> "Ben Hoffman" wrote:
>
>> Hi Alan,
>>
>> Have you told users to add the "From..." field in the new message. To do
>> this from a new message in Outlook 2003, the user needs to click the 
>> arrow
>> next to options then check from.
>>
>> Now when a user composes a new email which needs to go out via the group
>> address this user must either type the address/alias/name of the group
>> mailbox or click the from button to find the mailbox in the GAL.
>>
>> Regards
>> -- 
>> Ben Hoffman
>> MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)
>> http://www.ExchangeIS.com
>>
>> "Alan 01" <Alan01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:AD75100B-250D-4C0A-AC25-0B2ED19D9C2B@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi All,
>> > I have an issue i could really do with some help on if anyone can 
>> > assist
>> > it
>> > would be very much appreaciated.
>> >
>> > I need to have mail messages sent from and received in to a group 
>> > account.
>> > Eg:(Accounts@mydomain.com) Currently i have set up the users general 
>> > mail
>> > account and also the group account (which has restrictions applied to 
>> > it,
>> > eg
>> > standard users are unable to delete messages contacts calander items 
>> > etc.)
>> >
>> > However whenever a user creates a message it automatically defaults to
>> > their
>> > standard account address (username@mydomain.com) instead of the Group
>> > account
>> > address.
>> > I have tried using the send as option as per:
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327000 however this only seems to apply 
>> > to
>> > messages that are forwared or replied to.
>> > However of course internal messages still need to appear as though they
>> > are
>> > from the user themselves.
>> >
>> > many thanks as im truly stuck !!
>> > A
>>
>>
>> 


0
oudenmd1 (11)
11/7/2005 3:40:28 PM
Have a look at UniSent and RightFrom utilities at
http://www.ivasoft.biz

Regards,
Victor Ivanidze


Menko den Ouden wrote:
> This is behaviour 'by design'. I asked Microsoft to change this in the next
> update/version and I'm doing this again at this moment.
>
> You can only control this with funny Rules.
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Menko den Ouden
> NL
> "Alan 01" <Alan01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:925CFDF4-6238-49F8-94F0-CA929A454184@microsoft.com...
> > Hello Ben yes did get that one working it would be fine except ti i send a
> > message from the users account using the From button as you suggest the
> > sent
> > message is put in to the "local users" sent items rather than the group
> > account sent items.
> >
> > Any ideas on this one..?
> >
> > Basically their account will only be used for internal mail.
> >
> > Yours A
> >
> > "Ben Hoffman" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Alan,
> >>
> >> Have you told users to add the "From..." field in the new message. To do
> >> this from a new message in Outlook 2003, the user needs to click the
> >> arrow
> >> next to options then check from.
> >>
> >> Now when a user composes a new email which needs to go out via the group
> >> address this user must either type the address/alias/name of the group
> >> mailbox or click the from button to find the mailbox in the GAL.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> --
> >> Ben Hoffman
> >> MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)
> >> http://www.ExchangeIS.com
> >>
> >> "Alan 01" <Alan01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:AD75100B-250D-4C0A-AC25-0B2ED19D9C2B@microsoft.com...
> >> > Hi All,
> >> > I have an issue i could really do with some help on if anyone can
> >> > assist
> >> > it
> >> > would be very much appreaciated.
> >> >
> >> > I need to have mail messages sent from and received in to a group
> >> > account.
> >> > Eg:(Accounts@mydomain.com) Currently i have set up the users general
> >> > mail
> >> > account and also the group account (which has restrictions applied to
> >> > it,
> >> > eg
> >> > standard users are unable to delete messages contacts calander items
> >> > etc.)
> >> >
> >> > However whenever a user creates a message it automatically defaults to
> >> > their
> >> > standard account address (username@mydomain.com) instead of the Group
> >> > account
> >> > address.
> >> > I have tried using the send as option as per:
> >> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327000 however this only seems to apply
> >> > to
> >> > messages that are forwared or replied to.
> >> > However of course internal messages still need to appear as though they
> >> > are
> >> > from the user themselves.
> >> >
> >> > many thanks as im truly stuck !!
> >> > A
> >>
> >>
> >>

0
victori1 (47)
11/8/2005 12:15:18 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Sent to as attachment command
I was wondering if there is a way to set up a hyperlink that when clicked sends the workbook as an attachment to the person specified by the hyperlink?? Hi Tom A hyperlink can't do this as far as I know But you can use a macro that will send it to the address in the activecell Sub Mail_workbook() If ActiveCell.Value Like "*@*" Then ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ActiveCell.Value, _ "This is the Subject line" End If End Sub See for more mail examples http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro...

MS Dynamics Manufacturing to GL Accounts Flow
Hi, I would like to know the accounting flow to GL from GP Mfg module for: If the RM Item and FG costing method is Actual Cost or LIFO/FIFO/ Average Perpeutual Method then what accounts are needed to setup in ITEM ACCOUNT MAINTENANCE and ITEM ACCOUNT MAINTENANCE - COSTING wondows. Can any Mfg expert explain me with whole scenarios considering Material, Labor, OH, WIP and FG accounts As well I would like to know the whole process for Periodic/Standard Cost also, Like which accounts are needed and how the flow will be. Thanks in Advance Thats a lot to ask for on a web site. We have a book...

group by quarters
I have a chart (clustered columns) based on a pivot table. Sales are grouped by years & quarters. The quarters are shown in chronological sequence on the X-axis. But I want the X-axis shows Q1 from Y1, Q1 from Y2, Q1 from Y3, - Q2 from Y1, Q2 from Y2, etc...instead off in chrnological sequence. Tks for helping Michel >Sales are grouped by years & quarters. Try reversing this. Group by quarters, then years and see it gives you what you want. HTH, -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "Michel Peeters" <michel@melsbroek.be> wrote in m...

how do i openexcel spreadsheet sent via e mail
how do iopen aspreadsheet sent via email windows need to know what programme created it .i dont understand Hi Always copy the file on your harddisk first before you open it Never open it in the mail. Maybe they send a link to the file to you instead of the file ? You can try this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver&qu...

C00D11C7 on a ASF file under a less priviledged user account 12-09-09
Hello, Wanted to look at some ASF high quality videos from PDC09. I run XP SP3 fr with WMP 11. Files use VC-1 AP and WMA 9 PRO, for GSpot, or 10 PRO CBR, for the ASF metadata; one example file is here http://ecn.channel9.msdn.com/o9/pdc09/wmvhigh/FT34.wmv These files play when using a privileged (Local Administrators member) account. They play under GSpot in the preview panel running as a less privileged user. But they don't play in WMP 11 in the same account on the same machine. I searched this user registry hive for abnormal things (by comparing to the "all user"...

Unit Accounts in POP
Customer wants to be able to enter unit accounts in Purchasing Distribution Entry window (Transactions >> Purchasing >> Receivings Transaction Entry >> enter or select a shipment or shipment/invoice receipt >> Distributions button). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &quo...

Finding "missing" Sent Mail
Hello... My Boss just came to me in a panic as he had a message on his screen about consolidating his mail (how he describes it) and he told it Yes.. He now can not find his saved Sent Mail.... Can you help? Where did it go? Thank you... Hi Stan, Perhaps he archived his email? Open Outlook, click on Tools > Options > Other > Autoarchive and see if autoarchive appears to be turned on. If it is, this will show you the exact file the items have been moved to. Next you will need for Outlook to display this file within the user interface. To do that, click on File >...

Grouping on a report
I have a report with Group information. I want to group by the Group number. There can be multiple group numbers and I want each group number to have it's own page. I have the sorting and grouping set to group by GrpId. The Group on is set to Each Value, the Keep Together is set to Whole Group. My report is still putting more than one GrpId on a page. Any other suggestions? Thanks. add a group footer for the Grpid Close the Sorting and grouping dialog. In design view Set New Page to After Group for the group footer. Or in the group header set New Page to Before Group -- John ...

email account problems #2
When I go into my email accounts screen and click on "Move UP" or "Move Down" or "Set as Default" I get the following message: "The specified Account was not found. It might have been deleted." If I click on change, I can see the account information and if I test it, it works. If I add a new account, the same things occur. I just upgraded to Office 2003, but the problem existed in the older version (2000, I think), too. I just managed to ignore it before. Also, when I startup Outlook, sometimes there is a "send/receive" button and sometim...

Unassinged Accounts
I'm importing account data out of our legacy billing system and while they each have a sales_person_id I don't have all the sales folks onboard CRM yet. Right now, all accounts that don't have a active sales person are being assigned to me! What's the recommend practice for assigning accounts (ownerid) when not all the sales folks are online yet? Generic user, queue, etc? Thanks, Marc Winder Well one way is to use the admin as the generic user rather than create a new user. Another approach is to assign them to another sales guy until the new guys come on board. You ju...

Adding email accounts.
I want to change my default email processing to Outlook. My primary email address appears there, but to add my other addresses I'm asked for "server addresses." I don't know if these accounts (Yahoo! and MyWay in this case) are POP3 or whatever, or what the "send" and "receive" addresses are, or how to find out. Help? Outlook is for POP mail, not web mail. Use your browser instead. "Shneur" wrote: > I want to change my default email processing to Outlook. My primary email > address appears there, but to add my other addresses I&...

Help : new accounts NOT in GAL
Is this a known issue? New accounts/mailboxes created in AD don't show up in the Global Address List. Emails sent to the new user's smtp address apparently do get delivered, but the name can't be resolved, which also means that an Outlook profile can't be created and the new mailbox can't be opened. This has started happening since 2003 DCs have come online alongside of the Win2000 ones (we're in the midst of a migration). We still use Exchange 2000. Any helpful suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I've only seen this behavior when using Outl...

Sent Mail, have mail in sent box not sent by me??
This has now happened two weeks in a row. How can I correct this? My computer is turned off when this is done. Email is being sent to people not in my contact list. Do I have to close this account in order to correct? Is it a Hotmail account? Recent reports of Hotmail Account hijacks http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=1fe6ed3e-eef6-4c57-933f-f3c408f1c5c1 If from another mail service, You can use the above as a guide for the sorts of things to check/change. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "eve" <eve@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Modify existing Option Group structure?
I used the Option Group Wizard to create a customer satisfaction record page with 4 ratings from Excellent to Poor, scoring 4 to 1 respectively. There's an underlying table to store the scores, and a query to report upon them. It all looked great, then the boss asked me to add another option button for N/A, which would score 0. How do I modify the structure on the form to add a further checkbox option? Thanks CW On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 06:23:01 -0700, CW wrote: > I used the Option Group Wizard to create a customer satisfaction record page > with 4 ratings from Excellent to Poor, s...

Populating appropirate account in look up box when selecting contact
Hi There, I wonder anyone can point me in the right direction can help out there. We have a CRM Case form where it has Customer lookup field (Regarding lookup for Account/Contacts) and also Responsible contact lookup field (lookup for Contact records). What we want happen is as soon as Responsible contact is selected from a lookup, automatic population of appropirate Account in Customer look up field. We believe it should be possible because contacts in the system are already linked to Account records any help is much appreciated. cheers Kyaw Hi Kyaw, You will need to write a ...

No labels for sent or forwared mail
Sometimes when I am forwarding or replying mails label of message is not changing as forwarded or replayed. Where is problem and how I can solve it? Thank You. Girts You mean the icon doesn't reflect the change? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/291 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "girts" <girts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Security Role -- Add facilities to resource group
Hello, I'm trying to create a security role that will allow users to add facilities to a resource group. The problem I'm having is that I can't get the settings tab to show up at all. Interestingly, if I set the permissions for role (all) to organization I can see the settings tab and modify the resource group This is not ideal, even if only a small percentage of the users get this new security role, it could lead to problems if they decide to mess about with the roles. Any ideas? ...

old email sent back randomly
Hi, I'm running exchange 2000 on a server 2000 professional, both exchange and windows with the latest patches installed. One user sent an email in september to a bunch of people with an attachment of around 800 KB. Randomly this email is sent back to some of the people recipients of the first email. The user who sent the email and who is in destination of this email, does not receive it. Some of the recipients do not receive it and a NDR is generated however their email address is correct. I've checked the outbox on both outlook and outlook web access on the user'...

MDA in Project Accounting Module
Hi, Can we enter the MDA details in any of the project accounting modules of GP version 10.0. We mainly want to enter the mda information in the misc log entry of project accounting module. But it is not enabled. Is there any place where I need to make the setup change to enable this? -- Regards, Wilson MDA is only supported for these transactions: General Ledger, Receivables Management, Invoicing, Sales Order Processing, Payables Management, and Purchase Order Processing. That is the design of the product which is not changing. Unfortunately, Analytical Accounting does not suppo...

Account Categories #4
I'm changing the account categories and was wondering if this will cause problems with any reports that I have in the system. From what I've heard in the past, it would only cause a problem with the 'Advanced Financial' reports and I use FRx for financials. Thanks in advance! That's correct Craig. No effect on FRx reports. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Also, can I add new account categories at the bottom without problems? In other words, more than 48 categories. "Craig" wrote: > I'm changing the account...

Clone the list group.
Hi, I'm using OE6 to read message from Newsgroups. My Identify is HAI1st (my store folder is C:\OE6\HAI). I spent a lot of time (and, of course, money) to download the list of group that available from a news server (eg. www.news.com) Now, I have to create a new identify HAI2nd and I also want to read message from server www.news.com. I changed the store folder of HAI2nd to C:\OE6\HAI (the store folder of Identify HAI1st). What did I received ? All the folder of Hai1st now appears in Hai2nd identify but the news server www.news.com don't. And I have to spend alot of time and money ag...

Preventing End users in Outlook from Deleting sent folders
I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there a way to do so on the server side? I've never heard of any way to do this...all you could do, if you need to ensure you have copies of all data, would be to enable journaling... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFE53D7E-E2D3-4AB8-98EF-A1F781791308@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there > a way to do so on the server side? Nope. A user has full control over their *own* mail...

ERROR: Combining GL Accounts with Professional Services Tools Libr
Accounts modify okay; but during a combine single account or an ‘import’ multiple account combine, the following appears and terminates the session: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Can not alter replicated object ‘[dbo].[RM00101]’to ‘with encrypted’.[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The transaction ended in the trigger. The batch has been aborted. Has anyone ever experienced this and found a solution? Thanks in advance… Dirk ...

mail not sent
User had an Excel spreadsheet open and tried e-mailing it from with Excel. It would not send. Message would appear at top saying that the file has not been sent. Has happened with other users. ...

Filtering and Grouping Report data based on option group
I have a report with a bar chart. I want to be able to print a seperate report for each of three categories. The user will select the category they want to print using an option group. I have included a grouping level on the report to seperate the category graphs on each sheet. This works when I open the report directly (all records show), and i get three nice charts showing the data specific to each category on its own page. The issue is when I try to pass the category name using the option group on the other form. I get a blank page. I suspect this has to do with the grouping...