Sending local or to the internet

Hello,

I am totally new to windows 2003 and exchange server. When I installed the
system the first time it asked me for the domain name and so forth. So I put
let's say "mydomain.com" (as an example). Now we also have a registered
domain "mydomain.com" and our primary mailboxes are hosted by our ISP. I
download the messages using the pop3 connector.

Now let's say I have two users. One named john who has an account on
exchange and mike who does not. When someone tries to send john an email
(john@mydomain.com), the emails goes through because john is on exchange,
but when they try to send mike an email mike@mydomain.com the email bounces
back because the system tries to send the message locally first.

How can I configure exchange to try sending the message locally after it
tries my provider first?

My second question, I have a "pop virtual server" which refuses to start.
What is a pop virtual server?

--
Thank you
Please post only

0
hello1647 (1)

This may help "XCON: Sharing SMTP Address Spaces in Exchange 2000 Server and
Exchange Server 2003"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321721

Glen

"!!bogus" <hello@microb.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am totally new to windows 2003 and exchange server. When I installed the
> system the first time it asked me for the domain name and so forth. So I
put
> let's say "mydomain.com" (as an example). Now we also have a registered
> domain "mydomain.com" and our primary mailboxes are hosted by our ISP. I
> download the messages using the pop3 connector.
>
> Now let's say I have two users. One named john who has an account on
> exchange and mike who does not. When someone tries to send john an email
> (john@mydomain.com), the emails goes through because john is on exchange,
> but when they try to send mike an email mike@mydomain.com the email
bounces
> back because the system tries to send the message locally first.
>
> How can I configure exchange to try sending the message locally after it
> tries my provider first?
>
> My second question, I have a "pop virtual server" which refuses to start.
> What is a pop virtual server?
>
> --
> Thank you
> Please post only

0
glen6925 (138)

No message in outbox

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Sending mail from remote location

Send and Recieve Fix

Internet Failures are Earning $10K Their 1st Month
This is the absolute BEST OPPORTUNITY on the Net today. Unbelievable support and training from the owners! Check out our website -- includes NEW product Launch for RESIDUAL INCOME! http://ournewlife.dubbsmarketing.com/ ...

Unable to send?

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Sending messages in Outlook

Send Do Not Send

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

What was Outlook sending?

'SEND' just sends it to the OUTBOX

Rules Wizard and Send/Receive error
A couple of days ago, I received an alert from Norton Antivirus software that the file "belt.cab" was corrupted but could not be deleted. Fearing the worst, I manually deleted the file. Since then, Outlook appears to be completely disabled, with the symptoms being that several commands have disappeared from the Tools menu including Send/Receive (both), Rules Wizard, Out of Office Assistant. I can compose an email, but it will not send. I have checked my email accounts and all appears to be in order. Even after a complete reinstall, I cannot send/receive email. The on...

Outlook Can't Send Messages

sending Access files
Is there a quick and easy way to send access files without Outlook blocking them. I exchange files with a limited selection of people so am happy that what I am sending and receiving is OK. I know that I can use WizZip but the knowledge database also suggests changing the .mdb extension. I don't know how to do this. Do I just right click over the file and choose open with Word? Or maybe there is a simpler way. Thanks When you send a file type that on Microsoft's potentially dangerous list, you get a message informing you that the recipient may not be able to access the file on...

Multiple Send to
Dear Experts, In any Document Library you have a Send To drop down option. This can only be configured once that is only one entry. I have to have 7 Custom Send To options. Does anyone know how to create more than 1 Sent To? Best Regards, -- Girish J Bhatia MOSS Certified, SharePoint Certified, MCSE2003, MCDBA, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA ...

Trying to send emails from an external program
I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a reliable source for sending emails?? tammy0005 wrote: > I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the > email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a > reliable source for sending emails?? MapiLab's security add-on (free) ...

still problems with Exchange 2010 and sending to certain domains
We have done the following: made sure the PTR records matches the IP address of the send connector created an SPF record we are still having issues sending to certain domains and we are at a loss. I've done plenty of 2007 systems and never had this issue. What are we doing wrong? It simply doesn't make sense. Do you get an error message back from the receiving server? JE. On 1/26/2010 10:14 AM, Gene Whitley wrote: > We have done the following: > > made sure the PTR records matches the IP address of the send connector > > created an...

Automatically sending with outlook 2002
I am running Outlook 2002. When I click send, to send an email, it goes into Outbox. I then need to click send/receive from Inbox. Is there anyway the email can just send automatically from the outbox to avoid having to click send in 2 steps? Thanks. Check Tools | Options | Mail Setup Is the option to send messages immediately selected? Also, check the Send/Receive Settings | Define Send/Receive Groups. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Ronk"...

PLEASE HELP: Send email from Access with data in email body
Hi All, How can I send email from access with data displayed in the email body? I have a button "Email users" in access custom form that sends email to all the users, But I dont know how to send them their particular schedule only. For eg: Here is what My Table looks like: Users Day Time User1 M 13:00 User2 M 14:00 User3 T 15:00 User1 T 16:00 User3 W 17:00 User4 W 18:00 User4 Th 13:00 So basically, When I click "Email Users" Button, I want all the users to receive their respective schedules onl...

Problem Sending Email using Outlook 2000
I am attempting to send an email to a 130 person distribution list. The email is very short but has a 451 kb attachment. I am repeatedly getting the following message from System Administrator Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: My Subject Sent: 5/28/2005 11:03 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: RecipientOne (E-mail) on 5/28/2005 11:03 AM No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient. RecipientTwo (E-mail) on 5/28/2005 11:03 AM No transport provider was available ...

sending & receiving emails
When I try to send an email from outlook and i go to account botton to choose my hotmail or regular email, i get the following error "unable to complete operation, a fatal error has occured in outlook" any assistance will be appreciated. As of this moment, i cannot send any email in outlook. "neville" <nmanohar@ansenterprisesllc.com> wrote in message news:055c01c365c8$ab0a0110$a101280a@phx.gbl > When I try to send an email from outlook and i go to > account botton to choose my hotmail or regular email, i > get the following error > "unable to co...

Help me Microsoft! Messages stuck in Local Delivery Queue.
Yesterday we had our single Exchange 2003 server crash from hard drive failure. I built a different server (different hardware) and installed Exchange in Disaster Recovery mode and restored a backup of the Information Store. Everything seems to be working fine. Now, however, there are random messages getting stuck in the Local Delivery queue of the Default SMTP Virtual Server. I can't find any pattern yet, some people are getting mail but then I will see an email stuck in the queue that is addressed to them. There are about 50 messages stuck in a 25 hour period. Any advice, Micr...