Sending from multiple email addresses

We currently provide support for a few clients.  I currently have Exchange 
2003 setup to handle mydomain.com.  We have distro lists setup at our 
clients as support@myclient.com.  That email sends to say 10 of our techs. 
When they reply or initiate an email, I need them to be able to select 
whether they are sending from johndoe@mydomain.com or from 
support@myclient.com.  Is there a way to do this in Exchange 2003?  If we 
configured Outlook to retrieve emails for mydomain.com as POP3, you can just 
add another account and select the account.  I don't want to have to do this 
since there is no email server to check anymore.

Thanks,

Scott 


0
scadreau (13)
6/22/2006 5:37:01 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

5 Replies
427 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 24

You should be able to give them Send As rights on the support mailbox
and then if they add the From button in Outlook they should be able to
select the address. Alternatively

http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml

Nue
Scott Cadreau wrote:
> We currently provide support for a few clients.  I currently have Exchange
> 2003 setup to handle mydomain.com.  We have distro lists setup at our
> clients as support@myclient.com.  That email sends to say 10 of our techs.
> When they reply or initiate an email, I need them to be able to select
> whether they are sending from johndoe@mydomain.com or from
> support@myclient.com.  Is there a way to do this in Exchange 2003?  If we
> configured Outlook to retrieve emails for mydomain.com as POP3, you can just
> add another account and select the account.  I don't want to have to do this
> since there is no email server to check anymore.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Scott

0
imaneophyte (3004)
6/22/2006 5:43:57 PM
The support mailbox is on my clients servers.  I do not have a support 
mailbox on my exchange. A copy of any email sent to the support@myclient.com 
email gets forwarded to my 10 or so techs into their individual 
email@mydomain.com mailbox.  I just need them to be able send an email so if 
someone replies to it, the reply will go to support@myclient.com.  That way 
any reply will make it back to all of the techs so any of them that are on 
can address the problem.

Thanks,
Scott


"Nue" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1150998237.111145.55050@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> You should be able to give them Send As rights on the support mailbox
> and then if they add the From button in Outlook they should be able to
> select the address. Alternatively
>
> http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml
>
> Nue
> Scott Cadreau wrote:
>> We currently provide support for a few clients.  I currently have 
>> Exchange
>> 2003 setup to handle mydomain.com.  We have distro lists setup at our
>> clients as support@myclient.com.  That email sends to say 10 of our 
>> techs.
>> When they reply or initiate an email, I need them to be able to select
>> whether they are sending from johndoe@mydomain.com or from
>> support@myclient.com.  Is there a way to do this in Exchange 2003?  If we
>> configured Outlook to retrieve emails for mydomain.com as POP3, you can 
>> just
>> add another account and select the account.  I don't want to have to do 
>> this
>> since there is no email server to check anymore.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Scott
> 


0
scadreau (13)
6/22/2006 5:55:40 PM
That doesn't change the answer.  The support techs will either need to Send 
As the distribution list (makes the support@ show up as the from address) or 
they need to use a 3rd party tool like the ChooseFrom tool that Nue 
indicated.  This is actually a shortcoming with Outlook, not Exchange.  If 
you were to use Outlook Express to send the message, you can set the reply 
address to whatever you want.

-- 
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP
MessageOne
Read my blog!
http://winzenz.blogspot.com
http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)


"Scott Cadreau" <scadreau@aros.net> wrote in message 
news:wQAmg.286$Mz3.36@fed1read07...
> The support mailbox is on my clients servers.  I do not have a support 
> mailbox on my exchange. A copy of any email sent to the 
> support@myclient.com email gets forwarded to my 10 or so techs into their 
> individual email@mydomain.com mailbox.  I just need them to be able send 
> an email so if someone replies to it, the reply will go to 
> support@myclient.com.  That way any reply will make it back to all of the 
> techs so any of them that are on can address the problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
>
>
> "Nue" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:1150998237.111145.55050@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
>> You should be able to give them Send As rights on the support mailbox
>> and then if they add the From button in Outlook they should be able to
>> select the address. Alternatively
>>
>> http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml
>>
>> Nue
>> Scott Cadreau wrote:
>>> We currently provide support for a few clients.  I currently have 
>>> Exchange
>>> 2003 setup to handle mydomain.com.  We have distro lists setup at our
>>> clients as support@myclient.com.  That email sends to say 10 of our 
>>> techs.
>>> When they reply or initiate an email, I need them to be able to select
>>> whether they are sending from johndoe@mydomain.com or from
>>> support@myclient.com.  Is there a way to do this in Exchange 2003?  If 
>>> we
>>> configured Outlook to retrieve emails for mydomain.com as POP3, you can 
>>> just
>>> add another account and select the account.  I don't want to have to do 
>>> this
>>> since there is no email server to check anymore.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Scott
>>
>
> 


0
Ben
6/22/2006 9:01:46 PM
So I need to create a user in my AD that has the support@myclient.com and 
allow all of the techs to send as?

Thanks,

Scott


"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@nospamdotmessageonedotcom> wrote 
in message news:OmS4T8jlGHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> That doesn't change the answer.  The support techs will either need to 
> Send As the distribution list (makes the support@ show up as the from 
> address) or they need to use a 3rd party tool like the ChooseFrom tool 
> that Nue indicated.  This is actually a shortcoming with Outlook, not 
> Exchange.  If you were to use Outlook Express to send the message, you can 
> set the reply address to whatever you want.
>
> -- 
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>
>
> "Scott Cadreau" <scadreau@aros.net> wrote in message 
> news:wQAmg.286$Mz3.36@fed1read07...
>> The support mailbox is on my clients servers.  I do not have a support 
>> mailbox on my exchange. A copy of any email sent to the 
>> support@myclient.com email gets forwarded to my 10 or so techs into their 
>> individual email@mydomain.com mailbox.  I just need them to be able send 
>> an email so if someone replies to it, the reply will go to 
>> support@myclient.com.  That way any reply will make it back to all of the 
>> techs so any of them that are on can address the problem.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Scott
>>
>>
>> "Nue" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message 
>> news:1150998237.111145.55050@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
>>> You should be able to give them Send As rights on the support mailbox
>>> and then if they add the From button in Outlook they should be able to
>>> select the address. Alternatively
>>>
>>> http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml
>>>
>>> Nue
>>> Scott Cadreau wrote:
>>>> We currently provide support for a few clients.  I currently have 
>>>> Exchange
>>>> 2003 setup to handle mydomain.com.  We have distro lists setup at our
>>>> clients as support@myclient.com.  That email sends to say 10 of our 
>>>> techs.
>>>> When they reply or initiate an email, I need them to be able to select
>>>> whether they are sending from johndoe@mydomain.com or from
>>>> support@myclient.com.  Is there a way to do this in Exchange 2003?  If 
>>>> we
>>>> configured Outlook to retrieve emails for mydomain.com as POP3, you can 
>>>> just
>>>> add another account and select the account.  I don't want to have to do 
>>>> this
>>>> since there is no email server to check anymore.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>>
>>>> Scott
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
scadreau (13)
6/22/2006 9:06:16 PM
I re-read the initial question where you stated that the support@  address 
actually lives on the client's server.  It certainly complicates things, but 
I believe that if you create a user account that has support@yourclient.com 
as the *primary* address, it should work.  You might want to make sure that 
a) that account is disabled, and b) you restrict it so that it does not get 
updated by any e-mail address policies.  This would ensure that RUS doesn't 
stamp it with any other e-mail addresses other than the one you provide, and 
that no one could log on using that account.

-- 
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP
MessageOne
Read my blog!
http://winzenz.blogspot.com
http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)


"Scott Cadreau" <scadreau@aros.net> wrote in message 
news:cDDmg.290$Mz3.77@fed1read07...
> So I need to create a user in my AD that has the support@myclient.com and 
> allow all of the techs to send as?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott
>
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@nospamdotmessageonedotcom> wrote 
> in message news:OmS4T8jlGHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> That doesn't change the answer.  The support techs will either need to 
>> Send As the distribution list (makes the support@ show up as the from 
>> address) or they need to use a 3rd party tool like the ChooseFrom tool 
>> that Nue indicated.  This is actually a shortcoming with Outlook, not 
>> Exchange.  If you were to use Outlook Express to send the message, you 
>> can set the reply address to whatever you want.
>>
>> -- 
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>
>>
>> "Scott Cadreau" <scadreau@aros.net> wrote in message 
>> news:wQAmg.286$Mz3.36@fed1read07...
>>> The support mailbox is on my clients servers.  I do not have a support 
>>> mailbox on my exchange. A copy of any email sent to the 
>>> support@myclient.com email gets forwarded to my 10 or so techs into 
>>> their individual email@mydomain.com mailbox.  I just need them to be 
>>> able send an email so if someone replies to it, the reply will go to 
>>> support@myclient.com.  That way any reply will make it back to all of 
>>> the techs so any of them that are on can address the problem.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Scott
>>>
>>>
>>> "Nue" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:1150998237.111145.55050@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
>>>> You should be able to give them Send As rights on the support mailbox
>>>> and then if they add the From button in Outlook they should be able to
>>>> select the address. Alternatively
>>>>
>>>> http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml
>>>>
>>>> Nue
>>>> Scott Cadreau wrote:
>>>>> We currently provide support for a few clients.  I currently have 
>>>>> Exchange
>>>>> 2003 setup to handle mydomain.com.  We have distro lists setup at our
>>>>> clients as support@myclient.com.  That email sends to say 10 of our 
>>>>> techs.
>>>>> When they reply or initiate an email, I need them to be able to select
>>>>> whether they are sending from johndoe@mydomain.com or from
>>>>> support@myclient.com.  Is there a way to do this in Exchange 2003?  If 
>>>>> we
>>>>> configured Outlook to retrieve emails for mydomain.com as POP3, you 
>>>>> can just
>>>>> add another account and select the account.  I don't want to have to 
>>>>> do this
>>>>> since there is no email server to check anymore.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>
>>>>> Scott
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Ben
6/22/2006 11:10:00 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

IE8 address box steals focus from search box
Hi Running latest IE8 I keep finding that when I start IE8, type an expression in the search box in the top right corner, the address box steals focus So if I type "SQL Server 2008 Client installation", the letters "SQL S" are in the search box and the rest of the letters "erver 2008 Client installation" are now in the address box. This is deeply annoying. Anyone seen this and know how it can be fixed? It only seems to do this at IE8 startup or new tab startup. After that, all words are in the search box and the address box dioes not steal focus....

Postal Bar Coding & Using Outlook Address Book in Publisher
I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find any help in Publisher for this feature. I'd also like to find a way to use my Outlook Address book in Publisher - can anyone help me. Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Sharon Fermer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find > any help in Publisher for this feature. Read www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm > I'd also like to find a way > to use my Outlook Address bo...

Access to SMTP addresses in an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book
I am an Outlook/Exchange user who wants to be able to extract the names (last, first), "company", and SMTP addresses from an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book. This information will be used to populate a Contacts folder. I want the name/company/SMTP in a contacts folder so it can be sync'd with a Palm, and for access from the company's webmail browser. Ideally if I could get the information extracted to a .csv file I could manipulate it from there. If it helps ...... I can find my way around Outlook, but am not an experienced VBA user. However, I have mid-le...

How do I separate address information from within an Excel cell?
I have a Christmas Card list that was created using a single cell for the whole address. Street, City, Zip/Postal etc. I need to split those components out into separate cells in order to do a proper mail merge. Is there any way to do this. I am not completely unfamiliar with macros but I if that is the solution I would require a fair bit of hand holding. Thanks S. If you actually used commas to separate the fields (and none of the fields contain commas), you could select the column and do: Data|text to columns delimited comma Remember to keep enough open columns to the right s...

How to automatically send a CC: email
Hi, Is it possible to configure Exchage server 2003 to automatically send a CC: copy to a mail recipient everytime an email is sent from someones mailbox? In other words, the manager would like to receive a copy of all emails sent by one of his employees. I know this can be done through rules in outlook, but I wish to perform this function from exchage for a group of users. Thanks in Advance ...

How do I print multiple records to one publication page?
I want to merge records from a data source in access to publisher. I want 4 different records per page in postcard format. Each time I use the catalog merge feature it prints 1 record 4 times on the page. How can I fix this? You need to have one card on your screen for the merge to work. (Print preview will show the same entry on all four cards, its a bug). -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jagodie" <Jagodie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF2C96BA-6A33-4AF0-9703-A692713A5EA5@micro...

Will un- & reinstalling Outlook'03 delete email & addresses?
I've been plagued with an Outlook problem for about a month. Settings are right. Test email works fine. All other internet related programs are fine. But Outlook gives me a "send/receive error" message as fast as I can hit "Send/Receive". If I keep it open just to check contacts or calendar it always crashes within 10 to 60 minutes. If I start it in safe mode it seems to work all right. I reinstalled and it worked for 30 minutes and then did the same thing. If I Uninstall first, and then Reinstall, will it help? Will I lose my contacts and emails? Help! Find...

Stop automatically sending meeting requests.
Hi, I've currently got an issue with the calendar. For some unknown reason every time I get a meeting request, my manager also gets one. Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to stop it? Thanks, J. And just to clarify, I have removed his name from the delegates tab and the shared calendar. Could it be something to do with his settings? Any pointers would be welcome. Thanks, Paul. it was because he was a delegate. How long ago did you make the change? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? ht...

create address list
I want to create an address list that I can print, add too and edit. I also want to be able to pick multiple addresses’s and print labels. Contacts in Outlook supports that. claudia wrote: > I want to create an address list that I can print, add too and edit. I= also=20 > want to be able to pick multiple addresses=E2=80=99s and print labels. = =20 I tried outlook and this doesn’t meet my needs. The address and phone list is for my personal use. I previously used Works Word and created a list I printed to look up my family and friends phone numbers and addresse...

Outlook 2002 Must Manually hit the Send/Receive button
Recently, even though my Outlook mail set-up is suppose to schedule an automatic send/receive every 1 minute, no messages will come in or out unless I manually hit the send/receive button including when I first open Outlook. This is a new problem that occured without making any changes to my prior Outlook settings. Any suggestions? Hi, Try increasing the time to 2 minutes. It might take some time more than 1 min to download the stuff from your server. Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Frustrated" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

sending email #16
Hi, Since i installed IE7 I have been having trouble with sending emails. I use outlook from office 2003. Receiving is OK and I can create the message OK but it just sits in the outbox and does not respond to the send command. Help please. ErnieH ...

Global address list #24
I created a few contact in active directory, and then deleted them. they are still listed in the Global address list. I have created another contact and it is not listed in the Global address list, only in the "all addresses lists >all contacts" how would i clean this up? Hi, try to recreate the GAL with ESM and download the Adress Book via Outlook Send/Receive. In my cases i often had success. best regards Oliver Kieselbach (MCSE) "John" wrote: > I created a few contact in active directory, and then deleted them. they are > still listed in the Global add...

Opening LInks in Email
I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an email. Can this feature be activated? TIA Eric Aloha ecm, Probably. We need a lot more information about your setup to tell you how, though. To start with What version of Outlook are you using? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an > email. Can this feature be activated? > > TIA > Eri I'm using ver 6 Outlook Express. ...

cant send emails to gmail accounts
if i send an email to someone with a gmail address they never receive it. it goes to my sent items and it says sent in the properties but they never receive it? any help greatly appreciated "maryandliam" <maryandliam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E11EF0A0-CDE5-46F4-A0FD-979144D1590D@microsoft.com... > if i send an email to someone with a gmail address they never receive it. > it > goes to my sent items and it says sent in the properties but they never > receive it? any help greatly appreciated If Outlook moves the message to S...

What's the name of the file that stores AutoComplete addresses
My Outlook had to be re-installed and I lost my contact list which is very large. I see several files in the recycle bin. Is one of them by contacts? Autocomplete cache is an NK2 file, named for your profile, often outlook.nk2. Paste the following line in the address bar of windows explorer; %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and it will open to the folder where its stored. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subsc...

Multiple Series Pie Charts
Is there a way to display multiple series pie charts in excel? Was thinking the Pie Charts could be displayed next to one another. Thanks, Chad Chad - Make a pie chart, not as a separate chart sheet, but located on a worksheet (a blank one, if you like). Make another and position it on the worksheet next to the first. Etc. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Chad BATES wrote: > Is there a way to display multiple series pie charts in > excel? Was thinking the Pie Charts could be displayed > next to...

Creating and manging Address Lists
Hi ! My platform is as follows: Windows 2003 Server SP1 Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Outlook 2003 clients My domain is (for example) @mycompany.com. I have 100 users set up in ADUC with their mailbox. I want to create some sort of Distribution lists each with some specific users (let's say 3 differents lists with different users). I want to be able to send mails to these list just by sending an e-mail to mylist1@mycompany.com, and everyone belonging to the list will get a copy of the mail. The Filter trick in the creating process the list is not very convenient (my users are all the same ...

Multiple chioce in drop-down list
Hello, everyone I have to create a field on the form with a drop-down list where user can select more than one value. It seems like standard insruments (creating attribute with picklist type) are not working cause it's not allowed to choose more than one value. If you have ideas about that, please assist -- ---------------------- regards, Ilya Milshtein MBS Master, MBSCP, MCP Softline International www.softline.ru As you noticed, multi-value picklists are not an option in crm 3.0. What you can do is create a new custom entity instead of a picklist. So if your picklist was for "...

OL 2003 will not send some messages (replies-to)
hi, I'm running OL 2003 SP2 on a laptop running XP. I'll reply to someone and hit the send button, but the message will appear in the outbox, highlighted, not italicized, and simply won't send. Occasionally this would happen with my old machine running W2k and and older version of OL, but I could reopen the message within the outbox and hit the send button, and the message would then appear italicized and ready to send. When I reopen the message in OL 2003 in the outbox, the send button does not appear. Some messages send fine. I think, not sure, that the problem is wi...

How do I create an email template?
Running Office 2007 Professional. I think that's what you would call it. I am looking for work and have a Word file that I use as a cover letter. Right now I have to open Word and copy and paste into the email. So what I would like is to open in Outlook an email to send that already has that Word doc in it and then I would just do a little editing and send it off. It would be really cool if I could create an icon for it and put it in the toolbar. I hope I have been clear with my needs and thanks for your time if you have a solution. They tell you how here: http://office.m...

Excel 2003 / Send To / Mail Recipient / body text is removed
When a user is working in Excel 2003 and hits File.. Send To.. Mail Recipient.. it takes the spreadsheet and places it in an Outlook 2003 email as an Attachment. If they type any text into the body of the email it is replaced with <<...>> How can I change this ? If you don't get a good reply here, you may want to post in one of the .Outlook newsgroups. jmaynard2 wrote: > > When a user is working in Excel 2003 and hits File.. Send To.. Mail > Recipient.. it takes the spreadsheet and places it in an Outlook 2003 email > as an Attachment. > > If they typ...

Adding Outlook Address Book for Outlook '97
I'm running Outlook '97 and Windows '98. I had to reformat the hard drive so I had to reinstall Windows Messaging from the Old '95 folder of the Windows '98 disk. Question1: Why are there two versions of Messaging? one folder labelled "intl" and one labelled "us". Which one should I have used? I can't remember which one I used but now i don't have the option to add service "outlook address book", nor can I make contacts an email address book. Preformatting the hard drive I could and it was very useful. What can I do? Which version of ...

Enormous Outlook 2K3 Address Book Headache
I just upgraded to Outlook 2K3 from 2K and dragged mp .pst from my old machine to the new one with 2K3 on it. My contacts are all there, but when I click on the "to" button on a blank email, I get a message saying "The address list cannot be displayed, the contacts folder associated with this address list cannot be opened," yadda yadda. I've seen various fixes posted, but none of them seem to work with Outlook 2K3. This is a huge pain in my ass as I have to send out some very important emails tonight, so I'd be thrilled if anyone could tell me what I need to ...

Where are email account settings stored?
I am using MSOutlook 2002 with a local *.pst file for email storage. Does anyone know where are EMAIL ACCOUNT settings are stored? It's in the registry. Windows NT-based operating system: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\ Windows 9x-based operating system: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\ -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post yo...

Archiving emails #4
When I archive my "sent" emails, I am not able to sort them by who they were sent to. All of them show up as to me. All of my other archived email works well. I am trying to clean up my C drive on my computer. Thanks for the hlep. Double check the view on the folder to make sure that it is set to "Sent To". (e.g. Under Outlook 2007, it is View > Arrange By > Sent To) "pgandeb" <pgandeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A63EF027-DB32-4D06-B8C7-45FD2399D6E6@microsoft.com... > When I archive my "sent" emails, I am...