Sending Email without using Smart Host

We have Exch2000. We used to use Earthlink as our dial-up ISP and
configured the SMTP connector to "Forward all mail through this
connector to the following smart host: with the Earthlink SMTP info as:
smtpauth.earthlink.net

In order to get a broadband connection, we switched to using an EVDO
card (Aircard for Mobile BroadBand) from are wireless carrier who does
not provide SMTP mail server capability. Our incoming mail (POP3) has
always been hosted by our webhost based on our domains
(CompanyNameA.com;CompanyNameB.com).

What are our options to send email..such as setting up a free gmail
account, etc??? We do have a Static IP nor can we get one, and do not
know if that would help our options anyway. 

Thanks

0
melickas (26)
1/23/2007 6:30:25 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 1 followers. Follow

6 Replies
547 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 24

Wow, setting up Exchange using EVDO network as your broadband connection is 
iffy at best.  Have you called the Wireless provider to see if they support 
this?

-- 
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA
Exchange MVP 2007
Microsoft Certified Partner

<melickas@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:1169577025.842756.251260@d71g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> We have Exch2000. We used to use Earthlink as our dial-up ISP and
> configured the SMTP connector to "Forward all mail through this
> connector to the following smart host: with the Earthlink SMTP info as:
> smtpauth.earthlink.net
>
> In order to get a broadband connection, we switched to using an EVDO
> card (Aircard for Mobile BroadBand) from are wireless carrier who does
> not provide SMTP mail server capability. Our incoming mail (POP3) has
> always been hosted by our webhost based on our domains
> (CompanyNameA.com;CompanyNameB.com).
>
> What are our options to send email..such as setting up a free gmail
> account, etc??? We do have a Static IP nor can we get one, and do not
> know if that would help our options anyway.
>
> Thanks
> 


0
jcoliverjr (1013)
1/23/2007 8:33:31 PM
We understand what you are saying but rather than get into pros/cons of
our situation I would rather find a resolution. Our wireless carrier
does not offer SMTP service--they are not a typical ISP per se, they
just get us online and that's it...and it is an "always on" connection
because we have EVDO router.

We have a small network and share the same email hosting company with
Network Solutions. Network Solutions does have an SMTP server for our
email;however, within our network we have to support email for more
than one email domain:Companyname1.com, Companyname2.com &
Companyname3.com. So we used the same SMTP outgoing server from
Earthlink.

With Network Solutions, we have an SMTP Capability for each email
domain mail.companyname1.com, etc...So, if we were just using Outlook
without Exchange Server, we could use them to send email.

So, can we create a separate SMTP connector for EACH email domain and
link it to each domain, respectively? For example SMTP connector1 is
for sending email that is for Companyname1.com

Or, does someone know of a service, either free or not, such as gmail
or www.authsmtp.com that can be used for all of our email domains?

Thanks again...


John Oliver, Jr. [MVP] wrote:
> Wow, setting up Exchange using EVDO network as your broadband connection is
> iffy at best.  Have you called the Wireless provider to see if they support
> this?
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> Exchange MVP 2007
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>
> <melickas@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1169577025.842756.251260@d71g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > We have Exch2000. We used to use Earthlink as our dial-up ISP and
> > configured the SMTP connector to "Forward all mail through this
> > connector to the following smart host: with the Earthlink SMTP info as:
> > smtpauth.earthlink.net
> >
> > In order to get a broadband connection, we switched to using an EVDO
> > card (Aircard for Mobile BroadBand) from are wireless carrier who does
> > not provide SMTP mail server capability. Our incoming mail (POP3) has
> > always been hosted by our webhost based on our domains
> > (CompanyNameA.com;CompanyNameB.com).
> >
> > What are our options to send email..such as setting up a free gmail
> > account, etc??? We do have a Static IP nor can we get one, and do not
> > know if that would help our options anyway.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

0
melickas (26)
1/23/2007 10:25:03 PM
Without getting a Static IP from the EVDO provider you are going to be best 
off just having Network Solutions host your SMTP mail and have Outlook 
Clients POP it from them for each domain.  To have Exchange host your SMTP 
domains you are going to need a Static IP.  Again, I would contact them to 
see if they support this scenario with Exchange Server and can provide you 
with a Static IP, otherwise this is not going to work.

BTW: Have you looked at Direcway or Satellite provider?  They can provide 
Static IP and this scenario with Exchange Server.

-- 
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA
Exchange MVP 2007
Microsoft Certified Partner

<melickas@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:1169591103.913561.162630@d71g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> We understand what you are saying but rather than get into pros/cons of
> our situation I would rather find a resolution. Our wireless carrier
> does not offer SMTP service--they are not a typical ISP per se, they
> just get us online and that's it...and it is an "always on" connection
> because we have EVDO router.
>
> We have a small network and share the same email hosting company with
> Network Solutions. Network Solutions does have an SMTP server for our
> email;however, within our network we have to support email for more
> than one email domain:Companyname1.com, Companyname2.com &
> Companyname3.com. So we used the same SMTP outgoing server from
> Earthlink.
>
> With Network Solutions, we have an SMTP Capability for each email
> domain mail.companyname1.com, etc...So, if we were just using Outlook
> without Exchange Server, we could use them to send email.
>
> So, can we create a separate SMTP connector for EACH email domain and
> link it to each domain, respectively? For example SMTP connector1 is
> for sending email that is for Companyname1.com
>
> Or, does someone know of a service, either free or not, such as gmail
> or www.authsmtp.com that can be used for all of our email domains?
>
> Thanks again...
>
>
> John Oliver, Jr. [MVP] wrote:
>> Wow, setting up Exchange using EVDO network as your broadband connection 
>> is
>> iffy at best.  Have you called the Wireless provider to see if they 
>> support
>> this?
>>
>> --
>> John Oliver, Jr
>> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
>> Exchange MVP 2007
>> Microsoft Certified Partner
>>
>> <melickas@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:1169577025.842756.251260@d71g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> > We have Exch2000. We used to use Earthlink as our dial-up ISP and
>> > configured the SMTP connector to "Forward all mail through this
>> > connector to the following smart host: with the Earthlink SMTP info as:
>> > smtpauth.earthlink.net
>> >
>> > In order to get a broadband connection, we switched to using an EVDO
>> > card (Aircard for Mobile BroadBand) from are wireless carrier who does
>> > not provide SMTP mail server capability. Our incoming mail (POP3) has
>> > always been hosted by our webhost based on our domains
>> > (CompanyNameA.com;CompanyNameB.com).
>> >
>> > What are our options to send email..such as setting up a free gmail
>> > account, etc??? We do have a Static IP nor can we get one, and do not
>> > know if that would help our options anyway.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
> 


0
jcoliverjr (1013)
1/24/2007 4:06:05 PM
> Or, does someone know of a service, either free or not, such as gmail
> or www.authsmtp.comthat can be used for all of our email domains?

Why not just use www.authsmtp.com for your mail - we use it with
multiple domains - no problems!

John.

0
1/24/2007 4:59:07 PM
Thanks..authsmtp.com was plan B. Have also heard of using a free gmail
account for multiple domains too -did you check into this?



On Jan 24, 11:59 am, john.engl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Or, does someone know of a service, either free or not, such as gmail
> > orwww.authsmtp.comthatcan be used for all of our email domains?Why not just usewww.authsmtp.comfor your mail - we use it with
> multiple domains - no problems!
> 
> John.

0
melickas (26)
1/24/2007 5:42:01 PM
Had a quick look - think there are hourly / daily message limits and 
could not see any way to enable a whole domain - so we went with 
www.authsmtp.com - it may not be *free* but it's not expensive and has 
a load of extra features. Hope it helps...

On Jan 24, 5:42 pm, melic...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Thanks..authsmtp.com was plan B. Have also heard of using a free gmail
> account for multiple domains too -did you check into this?

0
1/29/2007 9:25:46 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How do I send copies emails without sending attachments?
I send emails with attachments to our bank. My boss wants a copy of the email but not a copy of the attachment. How do I do that? Steve Bramblett wrote: > I send emails with attachments to our bank. My boss wants a copy of the > email but not a copy of the attachment. How do I do that? Each recipient gets the SAME copy of the e-mail. If you want different recipients to get different versions of your e-mail, you have to send different e-mails. ...

No message in outbox
I tried to send a message with 1Mb attachment to 40 recipients in the bcc field. It gave me an error message from the isp's server, the message was NOT sent (I've checked), it did NOT arrive in Sent Items, but neither is it in the Outbox any more. I can send and receive email successfully. Problem is, every few minutes Outlook tells me it's sending message 1 of 1, it fails and gives me the same error message. Yet there is no message in the Outbox. But what happened to the original message when it first failed to send? I guess it's 'stuck' somewhere but I can...

Sending mail from selected email address
Hi All, As I have 4 email accounts set up in Outlook, I understand that I can send mail from each or any account. The accounts are listed under tools / Send and Receive / then each of the accounts. How can I choose which account to send from so that the recipient see's who I want it to be from?? Hope that explains it. Regards Alan On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 21:10:48 -1000, The Fatman <albaxter@optushome.com.au> wrote: > Hi All, > > As I have 4 email accounts set up in Outlook, I understand that I can > send > mail from each or any account. > > The acco...

Sending a macro to another PC-how?
How do you send a macro you've written to another PC so that they can save it in their Personal.xls file (at Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart)? You can export a macro and save it, to do this from your workbook, right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this will open the VBA editor, click on the module you want to save and go to file and export file, then save it to a floppy or what ever you backup to, then import it to the new workbook. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using ...

Sending mail from remote location
my mail works great while at home. when I go on the road I can receive ail but not send. I get the following error message: Subject 'SKIDOO MACH Z 800LT (long track / long tunnel) (Jackson)', Account: 'Jeff', Server: 'smtp.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '571 imp11 smtp.charter.net OTcuMTQ3LjE2LjIzMA== You must connect from Charter IP space. E1110', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 571, Error Number: 0x800CCC61 It worked on my last laptop and I have not been able to figure it out on this one. I can't remember what I...

Send and Recieve Fix
For a long time I had a problem with my Send/Recieve function in Outlook. This happended in both Outlook 2000 and my current version - 2007. I found I had to re-boot my computer to perform a Send/Recieve in Outlook. Otherwise the sequence would start then stop and say it could not perform due to an error. After extensive Internet and News Group research I decided it was time to run a check on disk errors. This Windows XP facility seemed to have fixed my Outlook problem. I did this about a few months ago now and I have since had no problems with my send and recieve. Unfortunately I do have ...

Forwarding email to Blackberry to a remote server
I have Blackberry with an email address on a server in NYC that runs BES 4 and exchange 2000. And I want to have people email to an address on an exchange 2000 server in Albany, NY and have exchange forward the emails to the person's mailbox and to the Blackberry in NYC. I have setup the forwarding system as prescribed by MS, but when people on the NYC domain email the Albany address they get this error message: From: System Administrator Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 1:57 PM To: Gary Subject: Undeliverable:RE: Delivery Status Notification (Failure) Your message ...

can't download pop3 email
This is my error message Task Receiving reported error 0x800CCC0F The connection to the server was interrupted If this problem continues contact your server administrator or your ISP The server responded +OK How do I fix this? What did your ISP say? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After scratching one's head, M Pond <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked this group: | This is my error mes...

How do I enlarge the spreadsheet view without changing the font s.
At work I can enlarge the view 25-150%. I don't see that feature on my home computer. Maybe the Standard toolbar was hidden (where that zoom icon lives): Tools|customize|toolbars tab make sure Standard is checked. DeborahlX wrote: > > At work I can enlarge the view 25-150%. I don't see that feature on my home > computer. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

.EMAIL ATTACHMENTS #2
I have received emails lately that have an attachment with the extension of .email. I can't get these attachments to open. When I double click, it appears to start to open, but really nothing happens. Any advice? Please respond to email address above. Thanks! The closest "legal" file extension would be .eml , which is the Outlook Express default file extension. Regardless of the file name, extension type, you should be very careful with any file attachments if they are unexpected from people you do not know. If the message is from someone you are expecting a file att...

Unable to send?
Hi, I've got MOOL, and i"m usign ti with outlook. The emails that I'm sending are just "stuck" in the outbox? Can anyone give me an idea of what's going on? Rex Did it ever work? Are you able to receive? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Rekks" <rex_flynn@hotmail.com> wrote ...

Excel to Email
Hi Our sales people need to send to our sales manager on a daily basis a list of the sales orders that they created for that day. I created a private view named 'Daily Sales Orders' and showed each person to export to Excel. I was wondering if anyone knows of an easier way to do this. I would ideally like to mail merge or email template something similar. Ideally it would be nice for a sales people to create an email an insert their list for that day. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks Mark As a thought, SQL Reporting can be configured to send a report, by email automatical...

Sending messages in Outlook
We have a user that everytime that she sends an email she will get booted out of Outlook. The email does go through, but she will have to get out of Outlook. When she goes back into Outlook, everything is fine until she sends another message. Any help would be appreciated. ...

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???
I just replaced our server hardware, upgraded to WS 2k3 Enterprise and created a new domain. I transferred the client files and desktop on our desk/laptop computers over to the new domain. We do NOT have Exchange installed yet, but use Outlook 2002 with the email etc. saved on the client. One one client machine (mine), the email, calendar, etc are there, but when I hit the Send/Receive button, I get a message saying that I don't have permission to perform this operation. Also when I try and change the automatic check for email option it tells me I don't have permission. ...

Clicking on new mail notification does not open email
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CACB73.FC871830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I finally upgraded from WLM 2 to 3 (14.0.8089.0726) this afternoon (Win = XP SP2). When I get a new mail notification via Messenger and click on = it the email does not open. I have to go to the inbox to open it. Any = ideas? Kevin ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CACB73.FC871830 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTY...

Help please using a combo box with a query instead of the usual wildcards etc.....
Hi, I have nearly finished my database and I would like to add a query that uses a combo box to get the results, not the usual paramater style input. I suppose it would need a form and a query and a combo box, but where to start !!!!!!!! Any kind soul out there that can give me an example of where to start..........? Many Thanks Joe Joe The generic approach you'd use is: * create a new form, add a combo box that is set to return the value your query would need * create your query ... in the criterion "cell", put a reference to the form's combo box's value: ...

Send Do Not Send
When I attempt to email via a print server - OutLook Express displays the message "A program is attempting to email on your behalf" Send or Do Not Send - How do you prevent this from happening? And just automatically send? ...

Using a variable for a chart limit
Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Vince F Hi, See Jon's information http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Cheers Andy Vince F wrote: > Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell > reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, > but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Andy Pop...

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003
Hi everyone, Is there a better way to give a few users the ability to send mails also from the info@domain.com mailbox without having them logout and login to a different Outlook 2003 profile... Or without the text sending on behalf of... So my question is, Is there an easy way that a user can select another e-mail address and send mails out...? Thanks a lot in advance!! Regards, BY On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 12:57:12 GMT, "BY" <nospam@mail.com> wrote: >Hi everyone, > >Is there a better way to give a few users the ability to send mails also >from the info@dom...

What was Outlook sending?
Hi, I downloaded my messages using the option "send and receive all". However, the "Show Progress" box indicates that I was also 'sending something'. But I had nothing to send! I look in the "Sent items' folder and nothing was sent at this time. What was Outlook 2003 doing? Santista The usual response here is, "You have a virus". It could be that a virus program is using your Outlook to send spam and/or a copy of itself to people in your address book. I hope this is not the case, but please have the foresight (aftersight?) to look into ...

Emails from Outlook to Hotmail accounts
I have just change my email client from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002. Messages sent to Hotmail addresses are not getting through and produce a message: 550 Recipient Not Authorised [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups] If anyone can tell me how to overcome this I should be most grateful. You may need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account (press the "More Settings..." button on the account page). -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided &quo...

Email 06-05-10
My husband and I run off of a wireless router. For about two weeks now, I get his mail and he gets none. I have a desktop that serves as our mainframe, all of my mail goes to that computer instead of my laptop. A mail program like Windows Mail can't download from a mail account for = which it doesn't have the username and password. I suggest you delete the = existing account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate that mail account with the = proper username and password. If no improvement, something is awry at the = server end. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ...

'SEND' just sends it to the OUTBOX
Outlook 2007 on WinXP Home SP3. When I click 'SEND' when replying to an email it does not SEND but puts it in the OUTBOX. I have to click SEND/RECEIVE from the main page to actually SEND the email. Is there a setting I am missing? Thank you. "Peter" <lysdexic@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eoOd1BM$KHA.5536@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007 on WinXP Home SP3. When I click 'SEND' when replying to an > email it does not SEND but puts it in the OUTBOX. I have to click > SEND/RECEIVE from the main page to actually SEND the emai...

Outlook Can't Send Messages
This morning I fired up Outlook 2007 (running under Windows 7). It retrieved all new emails. I then tried to post a new email, (not a reply). However, the nano-second that I clicked on "Send" I received a reply from "System Administrator". It said this: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: The Train Meltdown Sent: 27-Jul-10 1:18 PM The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: xxxxx@xxxxx.com.au on 27-Jul-10 1:18 PM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. I have 3 active email ac...

Rules Wizard and Send/Receive error
A couple of days ago, I received an alert from Norton Antivirus software that the file "belt.cab" was corrupted but could not be deleted. Fearing the worst, I manually deleted the file. Since then, Outlook appears to be completely disabled, with the symptoms being that several commands have disappeared from the Tools menu including Send/Receive (both), Rules Wizard, Out of Office Assistant. I can compose an email, but it will not send. I have checked my email accounts and all appears to be in order. Even after a complete reinstall, I cannot send/receive email. The on...