senders name

A very simple question, but I can't find the solution. I want to change the
name of the sender in our external e-mails. As our logon-names we have
John, Jim, Susan, etc. Unfortunately our external e-mails are send by
"John" <j.smith@where.com> instead of "John Smith" <j.smith@where.com>

I have tried the following:

- changed the display name of the mailboxes. The name changes in the adress
list but the mail still comes from "John" (even after reboot of outlook)
- put last name in with first name in mail boxes; doesn't work, really

I see a couple of solutions, but the're not really what I'm looking for:

- change the logon names form John to John Smith (change _all_ the logons?)
- change the sending order in outlook and put a smtp/pop-account (for the
same exchange-server) in front with the good senders name
- choose to "send as..." (but then you have to do is every time you send a
mail)

There must be a easy and simple solution to change the senders adress as
easy as in a pop-account you make in outlook.....

oh yeah, we run SBS2K with OL2k and OLXP clients (XP Pro/2k)

TIA,
David
0
monk1 (4)

If I remember rightly, it is the display name in Exchange that determines
this, but there is a problem.  When you set up the mailbox in Outlook it
configures itself using the current display name but doesn't check again -
this means that even if you alter the display name in Exchange, Outlook will
still send mail from the original display name that was set when the mailbox
was added.  The from name will be whatever is written next to the mailbox in
outlook (i.e. Outlook Today - [Mailbox - Joe Bloggs])

I think the way round it was to change a registry key on the user's
machine - not sure which one though.

"David" <monk@xs5all.nl> wrote in message
> A very simple question, but I can't find the solution. I want to change
the
> name of the sender in our external e-mails. As our logon-names we have
> John, Jim, Susan, etc. Unfortunately our external e-mails are send by
> "John" <j.smith@where.com> instead of "John Smith" <j.smith@where.com>
>
> I have tried the following:
>
> - changed the display name of the mailboxes. The name changes in the
adress
> list but the mail still comes from "John" (even after reboot of outlook)
> - put last name in with first name in mail boxes; doesn't work, really
>
> I see a couple of solutions, but the're not really what I'm looking for:
>
> - change the logon names form John to John Smith (change _all_ the
logons?)
> - change the sending order in outlook and put a smtp/pop-account (for the
> same exchange-server) in front with the good senders name
> - choose to "send as..." (but then you have to do is every time you send a
> mail)
>
> There must be a easy and simple solution to change the senders adress as
> easy as in a pop-account you make in outlook.....
>
> oh yeah, we run SBS2K with OL2k and OLXP clients (XP Pro/2k)
>
> TIA,
> David

0
ric6686 (3)
12/18/2003 2:11:31 PM
"Ric" <ric@somewhere.com> wrote in

> "David" <monk@xs5all.nl> wrote in message
>> A very simple question, but I can't find the solution. I want to
>> change the
>> name of the sender in our external e-mails.

> If I remember rightly, it is the display name in Exchange that
> determines this, but there is a problem.  When you set up the mailbox
> in Outlook it configures itself using the current display name but
> doesn't check again - this means that even if you alter the display
> name in Exchange, Outlook will still send mail from the original
> display name that was set when the mailbox was added.
ahh, that explains it all. People kept on telling me to change the name in
the 'display name'-field but it didn't work! Now I know why.... So, I
should create a whole new mailbox -with the right 'display name'- if i want
to do it the official Microsoft (@#$%@#!) way?

> I think the way round it was to change a registry key on the user's
> machine - not sure which one though.
Of course this way is fine by me......if only i would know which key...

Thanks for your answer....

David
0
monk1 (4)
12/18/2003 2:18:05 PM

> "Ric" <ric@somewhere.com> wrote in
>> I think the way round it was to change a registry key on the user's
>> machine - not sure which one though.
> Of course this way is fine by me......if only i would know which
> key...
Found it:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Mail and News\Mail

make a new string called SenderEMail and fill in your default sender name

And it works.....thanks!

David

0
monk1 (4)
12/18/2003 3:03:46 PM

> David <monk@xs5all.nl> wrote in
>
>> "Ric" <ric@somewhere.com> wrote in
>>> I think the way round it was to change a registry key on the
>>> user's machine - not sure which one though.
>> Of course this way is fine by me......if only i would know which
>> key...
> Found it:
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Mail and News\Mail
>
> make a new string called SenderEMail and fill in your default sender
> name
>
> And it works.....thanks!

ehmmm, it doesn't work on the other machines....only on
mine.....grrmmbbll..

the search continues...

David
0
monk9812 (1)
12/19/2003 10:20:03 AM
Hi David -

On your server, open Active Directory Users & Computers and open the user's
account properties.  On the General tab, change the value in the Display
Name field . . .    ;^)

--
Chad A. Gross  [SBS-MVP]

SBS ROCKS!!!

"Chad A Gross [SBS-MVP]" <chad.gross@laytonflower.nospam.com> wrote in

> Hi David -
>
> On your server, open Active Directory Users & Computers and open the
> user's account properties.  On the General tab, change the value in
> the Display Name field . . .    ;^)
Hi Chad,

Thanks for your answer, but the reason for my question was that changing
the display name didn't work for me. The name changes in the adress list,
but not in the senders name. It seems it has to do with Outlook:

"Ric" <ric@somewhere.com> wrote in
> If I remember rightly, it is the display name in Exchange that
> determines this, but there is a problem.  When you set up the mailbox
> in Outlook it configures itself using the current display name but
> doesn't check again - this means that even if you alter the display
> name in Exchange, Outlook will still send mail from the original
> display name that was set when the mailbox was added.

0
monk1 (4)
12/22/2003 8:44:34 AM
David <monk@xs5all.nl> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>Thanks for your answer, but the reason for my question was that changing
>the display name didn't work for me. The name changes in the adress list,
>but not in the senders name. It seems it has to do with Outlook:

The reason this happens is that Outlook stores the value of the
Display Name in the MAPI profile when it's created.

It's probably easier to create a new profile than to change the
registry but, if you want to, here's the value:

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Windows Messaging
Subsystem/Profiles/<profile-name>/13dbb0c8aa05101a9bb000aa002fc45a/001e3001

It's a REG_SZ data type.

I'm not sure if the "13dbb0c8aa05101a9bb000aa002fc45a" is a constant
GUID, though. I hope it is. :)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Call up computer name
[Excel 2003] Is there a way to retrieve the computer identity/name and display it in a listbox on a userform? regards, Roger uName =3D Environ("computername") Me.ListBox1.AddItem uName On Dec 3, 9:30=A0am, Roger on Excel <RogeronEx...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > [Excel 2003] > > Is there a way to retrieve the computer identity/name and display it in a > listbox on a userform? > > regards, > > Roger Thanks - works nicely Roger "muddan madhu" wrote: > > uName = Environ("computern...

Help
Hi. I receive competition results which contain individuals' names, clu names, rank, scores and want to publish them using the "correct individuals' name, i.e. their "registered" name. Results are submitted by coaches / volunteers who may know and recor the individual using their "friendly" name. For example, a name like Rebecca can be a nightmare if you consider th variants: Rebekah, Becky, Beccy, Becci, Beccie, Becca, Beka etc. not t mention genuine spelling mistakes. So the task is to get the names into a standard form and then forma the data associated...

Activate an active workbook with name x
First I do a save as.. for a workbook and get the name via a input box (lets say the name gets queried by 'fname'. How do I later move back to that specific workbook? Something I needed would look like: ActiveWorkbook -with the name of 'fname'.Activate tx Gmick, I think fname is a variable in your program. If so, Workbooks(fname).Activate -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Gmick" <gnick@chello.nl> wrote in message news:R6LRc.58621$i7.23416@amsnews05.chello.com... > First I do a sav...

HTML_Control Range name
I have a problem with one of my macros where I am copy an entire worksheet (not by range) to another workbook. However, every other worksheet it seems comes across with an message indicating that that range name HTML_Control already exists. I had run a piece of code in my worksheet to outline all range names and it appears to be some kind of range name....and to my surprise there are a whole bunch of other names as well. Can someone tell me if there is any specific purpose for it? Hi, Do you have controls on the worksheet? If so try renaimng them to something other than commandbutton1...

how do i print a column containing 150 names on 1 sheet of paper .
using excel 2002 - I have 150 names in 1 column - how can I print them on one sheet of paper in 3 columns Stormey, Probably the quickest would be to divide it up into 3 columns. It prints the sheet as it appears. Select the second third of the stuff, and move it (edge-drag) to the desired place. Same for third section. If you do a print preview, then close the preview, you'll see the pagination lines as dotted lines on the sheet. Or you can use View - Page break preview. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- ...

E-mails from a senders in my Block Senders List
I've added a particular sender's e-mail address or Internet domain- name to my Blocked Senders List (see examples below) but e-mails from that sender continue going to the In Box instead of being sent to the Junk E-Mail box.. How do I block ALL e-mails sent from a particular sender? I've added these variations to the Blocked Senders List: googlealerts-noreply@google.com @google.com google.com 1. its easier to disable the alert. 2. is the address they are sent to on the safe list or in a trusted address book? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outloo...

SeriesCollection(10).Name = "=""""""NBT""""""" What are all these quotes?
With the goal of some VBA later, I am playing with charts and saw this in a recording: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(10).Name = "=""""""NBT""""""" I was changing the name of a series to a text string of NBT. What is the reason for all the quotes.? FYI. Using a range I selected the cell with the name as a text string" gives this: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(10).Name = "=Sheet1!R26C2" Thank you. Excel 2007 Chart VBA with lots of quotes, and alternate variable presentation. http:/...

Store Names on X and Z Reports
After upgrading to 2.0.0123 when I print my X and Z reports they do not show with the store names at the top any more...Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue... Thanks Anthony Laidler Can anyone tell me how to update the x and z report receipt format so that it will show the name of the store at the time...Thanks and Happy Holidays. "Anthony Laidler" wrote: > After upgrading to 2.0.0123 when I print my X and Z reports they do not show > with the store names at the top any more...Can anyone tell me how to fix this > issue... > > Thanks > Anthony Laidler ...

Changing domain names
When I first set up sbs2003 I used companyweb as my domain name. How do I change it to my xyz.com domain? Also if anyone knows of any helpful tutorials on this subject it would really help. Thanks in Advance Take a look at: 822447 How to Modify an SMTP E-Mail Address by Using Recipient Policies http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822447 You'll need to ensure that the new domain (xyz.com) has MX records pointing to your router (which should then point to the mail server) or directly to the mail server. You'll most likely need to modify the default recipient policy and change t...

Bulk Import Senders to Sender Filter
We have many names in the turf list on our Exchange 5.5 server that I wish to import into the Sender Filter on our new Exchange 2003 system. I have not been able to find out where the entries are actually stored in Exchange Server 2003 so that I could do a bulk transfer or import of some kind. Does anyone have a way to import a sender list to the Sender Filter (Message Delivery object) in Exchange 2003? - Charlie HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIMC \Parameters\turftable Charlie wrote: > We have many names in the turf list on our Exchange 5.5 > s...

safe senders?
Is there any way I can set up Outlook 2000 running on Win98 to recieve messages ONLY from those that are in my address book/Contacts? I have seen this option in Hotmail and it seems like a good cheap one to eliminate some of the extraneous mail. I can set up a rule that will filter out anyone except those in a distribution list and then copy everyone into that distribution list. However, that would never automatically update itself if I added someone to my address book, or could it? There must be some way! Thanks. "Bush_pile_it" said in news:1049g478ih11b9@corp.supernews.com: ...

Trendline erases chart name
When I add a trendline, the chart name gets changed to "Chart Title." The name can be seen in the Chart Objects drop box, if I scroll down enough. When I add the tendline, I'm leaving the Chart Title box marked as automatic, but it still replaces the name to Chart Title. (The name on my charts just comes from the data field that is above numerical data when I create the chart.) I have a lot of charts to go through, >100, so any help in retaining the name without having to retype it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I cannot think how this can happen. Email me the fi...

blocking senders/return to sender
How can I have a messege that has been sent to me returned to sender automatically? You can't. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer andrea <icyhot1@earthlink.net> asked: | How can I have a messege that has been sent to me | returned to sender automatically? "andrea" <icyhot1@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:041e01c3611d$102b39c0$a501280a@phx.gbl > How can I have a messege that has been sent to me > returned to sender automatically? In...

illegal field names in Excel 2000
I am trying to do an advanced filter and copy it to another location but when I select the row of field names I want copied to the new location it says it is an illegal field name, so I tried to format them all as text and this still does not work, any suggestions To ensure that the headings are an exact match, you can reference the table headings. For example: =Data!A1 dDodds wrote: > I am trying to do an advanced filter and copy it to > another location but when I select the row of field names > I want copied to the new location it says it is an illegal > field name, s...

Several names for a sngle product
Dear All, CRM3 - SBE Some of our products have more than one name. Depending on the customer, each group call it a different name. Can someone help me how to do that? Regards to all ...

manual cheque the description defaults to the name of the company
1. Cards>Purchasing>Vendor>Set Vendor to Temporary. 2. Transaction>Purchasing>Transaction Entry>Print Cheque and Post Invoice 3. Inquiry>Purchasing>Transaction by vendor>Highlight>Document Number Drill Back. The description is same as the company name not the original description put in. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the su...

how to deniy a senders adress in exchange 2003
We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example heinz.loeffler@t-online.de in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but his mails keep coming trough to the mailbox we created. please advise me what to do thanks in advance. vancoillie Jurgen R u using Intelligent_Message_Filter for exchange 2003???? "jurgen vancoilie" wrote: > We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example > heinz.loeffler@t-online.de > > in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but his > mails keep coming trough to the...

Where is suggested name file stored?
When you start to enter an e-mail address, Outlook suggests addresses you have used before. I recently exported the personal folders file from an Outlook 2003 environment to a .pst file and imported it into Outlok 2007. The suggested names file did not carry-over. Where is the file and how can I get it into the 2007 environment? Thanks!!! John G They are stored in .NK2 files in the users profile dir...locations are listed here: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup2007.asp "John Gilkey" <jlgilkey@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:Y_KdnRPjrPuDNoLanZ2dnUVZ_rKtnZ...

Outlook Mail Item Duplicate "Display Name" Problem
Dear all, I'm currently writing a Persona Menu smart tag in Outlook 2003. I use dynamic caption and intend to modify the "Additional Actions" sub-menu depending on the contact(in the MAPIFolder) that the tag is referring to. Problem occurs in the mapping of the tag and OL contact. All information I can find from the smart tag action DLL(with ISmartTagAction2 interface) is just the tagged text string from get_VerbCaptionFromID2() but not the entity object that calls the persona menu. So my way to complete the chain is to : 1) search the sender and recipients' "display...

senders name
A very simple question, but I can't find the solution. I want to change the name of the sender in our external e-mails. As our logon-names we have John, Jim, Susan, etc. Unfortunately our external e-mails are send by "John" <j.smith@where.com> instead of "John Smith" <j.smith@where.com> I have tried the following: - changed the display name of the mailboxes. The name changes in the adress list but the mail still comes from "John" (even after reboot of outlook) - put last name in with first name in mail boxes; doesn't work, really I see a...

Name Box......how can i enter names more efficiently?
Hi, I have several field that I need to name. If I have the names of the field in cells (in the cells, not the name box) of another worksheet, is there a way I can copy and paste the text in the cells to the name box of another cell? I think a macro is required for this, but I'm not sure how to do it. Any advice? Thanks in advance -- tegant ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tegant's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30278 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499483 Som...

Extract names from string based on value list
I have a list of productnames and a list of brandnames. I want to supply the productnames with an attribute "Brand". I am currently manually filtering the list of productnames based on "Contains... Brand" and adding the Brand to the product using copy paste, but this takes me too long and I can only match records one brand at a time. Can I make Excell search through the list of productnames and whenever it comes across a brandname within the string of a productname it will add it to the column next to it? One way Assume productnames running in A2 down A...

Add Sender To Blocked Senders List
I am getting inundated with e-mail spam and when I select "Add Sender To Blocked Senders List" so that mail gets sent to my Junk E-Mail Folder it appears that it is ignored and I keep getting the same spam directed to my Inbox. Anyone have a way to make this work? Patrick I don't use WLM but I have some advice for you. Stop using your real email address when you post to a newsgroup and you will reduce the number of spam emails you receive....Maybe. I say "Maybe" because it might be too late due to your address already being on numerous spam lists...

Error message when adding a name
I get the following errors when trying to add a name to a chart using my macro. Code copied directly from recorded macro ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Name = "=A1" run-time error 1004 Application defined or object-defined error. Why is it not working? Thanks Try this instead: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Name = _ "=" & Range("a1").Address(external:=True, _ ReferenceStyle:=xlR1C1) Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloa...

just added a new contact. can't get the name in the to: field
I just added a new contact. Tried to send mail to new contact but can't the name displayed in the TO: field. What am I doing wrong? r-click on the contact, select Create, new message to contact Man of War wrote: > I just added a new contact. Tried to send mail to new contact but can't the > name displayed in the TO: field. What am I doing wrong? "Man of War" <Man of War@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4500C84-9319-4446-B920-2C19FA2B9EFE@microsoft.com... >I just added a new contact. Tried to send mail to new contact but can...