Sender ID Framework

Anyone already implemented Sender ID Framework? Dont know how to handle
this. Hope you might help.

0
mark7619 (80)

You can start with publishing SPF records for the servers responsible for
sending outbound internet mail from your organization.

For filtering inbound email, you can use Exchange Server 2003's Sender ID
Filtering (Global Settings | Message Delivery properties | Sender ID
Filtering tab), and configure it to either accept (and have IMF process it
further), delete (message accepted and deleted, no NDR) or reject (message
not accepted, sending host will generate NDR). In the General tab, you will
need to insert IP addresses of all your smtp hosts in DMZ and internal IP
range.

More resources, including SPF record wizard that will let you create the SPF
record for your external DNS zones:
http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safety/technologies/senderid/default.mspx
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"MA P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message
> Anyone already implemented Sender ID Framework? Dont know how to handle
> this. Hope you might help.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
7/25/2006 3:14:26 AM
Forgot to add, should you decide to implement Sender ID filtering on
Exchange, you will need to enable it on SMTP virtual server properties as
well -> General tab | Advanced | Edit | Apply Sender ID Filter.
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
> You can start with publishing SPF records for the servers responsible for
> sending outbound internet mail from your organization.
>
> For filtering inbound email, you can use Exchange Server 2003's Sender ID
> Filtering (Global Settings | Message Delivery properties | Sender ID
> Filtering tab), and configure it to either accept (and have IMF process it
> further), delete (message accepted and deleted, no NDR) or reject (message
> not accepted, sending host will generate NDR). In the General tab, you
> will need to insert IP addresses of all your smtp hosts in DMZ and
> internal IP range.
>
> More resources, including SPF record wizard that will let you create the
> SPF record for your external DNS zones:
> http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safety/technologies/senderid/default.mspx
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "MA P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message
>> Anyone already implemented Sender ID Framework? Dont know how to handle
>> this. Hope you might help.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
7/25/2006 3:16:59 AM
clarification - the additional smtp vs is for internet mail (inbound &
outbound)
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange
www.zenprise.com
NEW blog location:
www.exchangepedia.com/blog

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
> You can start with publishing SPF records for the servers responsible for
> sending outbound internet mail from your organization.
>
> For filtering inbound email, you can use Exchange Server 2003's Sender ID
> Filtering (Global Settings | Message Delivery properties | Sender ID
> Filtering tab), and configure it to either accept (and have IMF process it
> further), delete (message accepted and deleted, no NDR) or reject (message
> not accepted, sending host will generate NDR). In the General tab, you
> will need to insert IP addresses of all your smtp hosts in DMZ and
> internal IP range.
>
> More resources, including SPF record wizard that will let you create the
> SPF record for your external DNS zones:
> http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safety/technologies/senderid/default.mspx
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "MA P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message
>> Anyone already implemented Sender ID Framework? Dont know how to handle
>> this. Hope you might help.

0
bharat3597 (1006)
7/25/2006 4:36:35 AM
you can tell it's been a long day... i'm replying to the wrong post... :)

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharat@nospam.org> wrote in message
> clarification - the additional smtp vs is for internet mail (inbound &
> outbound)
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
>> You can start with publishing SPF records for the servers responsible for
>> sending outbound internet mail from your organization.
>>
>> For filtering inbound email, you can use Exchange Server 2003's Sender ID
>> Filtering (Global Settings | Message Delivery properties | Sender ID
>> Filtering tab), and configure it to either accept (and have IMF process
>> it further), delete (message accepted and deleted, no NDR) or reject
>> (message not accepted, sending host will generate NDR). In the General
>> tab, you will need to insert IP addresses of all your smtp hosts in DMZ
>> and internal IP range.
>>
>> More resources, including SPF record wizard that will let you create the
>> SPF record for your external DNS zones:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safety/technologies/senderid/default.mspx
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchange
>> www.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:
>> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>>

>> "MA P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message
>>> Anyone already implemented Sender ID Framework? Dont know how to handle
>>> this. Hope you might help.

0
bharat3597 (1006)

Framework Error for Office 2004 and Tiger
I get "an unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework Library" every time I open an Office application. Very annoying! It doesn't seem to impact the application. I'm on Tiger 10.4.1, and all was working well for the last two weeks until a crash on launching several apps at once yesterday. Now this message. OK, I read the Framework X error threads, and nothing has helped. I've removed and deleted Office, removed the profiles, and checked permissions on the Framework. Ideas, anyone? Dan I have a computer that is demonstrating the same ...

Net Framework 2.0 is not supported with Microsoft CRM Connector fo
Has anyone been successful installing the 2.0 framework on the CRM server when using the GP connector? The documentation states: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 is not supported with Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP Does this mean I cannot install the framework on the CRM server, or the integration server, or both? I'd like to upgrade our web server to SharePoint 3.0, but I cannot because CRM is on the same device. Is there a service pack to fix this problem, or has anyone found a way around it? ..NET 1.1 and 2.0 applications should be able to work on the same mac...

MSExchange Transport Error NDR Event ID: 3010
I started seeing this error in my Application Event Log. I tracked the message by the message ID and notice that it tries to deliver it via SMTP with NDR and then via X.400 and it makes it successfully to the destination server in the other site. Any idea how to fix it? It is a Public Folder Update I believe...? I usually see this error twice in a row with different message ID's Tracking History ----------------- Message Tracking History is as follows: Message received from <5.5-SERVER-NAME> Through X400 SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store SMTP: Message Submitted to...

Junk Mail Senders List
How do I export the Junk mail senders list to a text file? I would like to upload it to Exchange 2000 filter list. Search your drive for junk*.txt and you'll find it. FWIW, Exchange only supports so many characters in it's filter - if you use a lot of wildcards, you can get up to about 800 addresses, but I suspect the average site uses full addresses and domains, resulting in fewer entries in the list. So... go over your junk list (opening it in excel helps) - sort it and remove duplicates then use wildcards to handle many addresses from one domain before adding the list to exc...

Query-Based Distros for Sender Restriction
Can I use a query based distribution list as a Sender Restriction? i.e., if I have a query based distribution list which is "All Email Users", can I add that to the list of allowed senders on a different distribution list to effectively block external senders from sending mail to that other distribution list? The reason I ask is that I'm tryig to write a vbscript to go through a number of distribution lists and change this but recieve an error if I attempt to set it to a query based distribution list. A regular distribution list works fine. The odd thing is that if I go into t...

D&B IDs into GP
We want to store Dunn & Bradstreet ID's for our customers in the Great Plains database. What table and field do you store this ID in Great Plains? RM00101? Which column have you used for this purpose? Thank you! ...

find entry where id doesn't have a certain entry in another field
I need help with a query. In a table each id can have more than one output_device, but must have at least an entry for 'RECS'. How can I identify id's that don't have an entry where output_device = 'RECS'? Example, id of 567 is ok, but I want to get id 459 because it doesn't have an entry for RECS: id output_device 567 RECS 567 IA3 459 IM7 459 TR4 Thanks for any ideas! SELECT DISTINCT A.id FROM [your_table] AS A LEFT JOIN ( SELECT DISTINCT id FROM [your_table] WHERE output_device = 'RECS') AS B ...

where is "junk senders" list stored
I am going to reinstall my OS, but I want to preserve my junk senders list that I have worked so hard to create. It does not seem to be in the PST file, as I transferred my file to another computer and opened it with another copy of outlook, and the list was not there. What file is this list stored in? thnx neb ...

Event id 8270 LDAP Operations
Since I upgraded from exchange 2000 to 2003, I have been getting the following error very hour in app log Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8270 Date: 8/7/2005 Time: 10:08:46 PM User: N/A Computer: xxx Description: LDAP returned the error [35] Unwilling To Perform when importing the transaction dn: <SID=0102000000000005200000002A020000> changetype: Modify member:add:<GUID=CF80EB5C-EF60-4722-8F76-9803D80A99A0> - DC=x,DC=x,DC=xxxx,DC=xxxxx For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. For more i...

signing in to windows live id failed
I cannot log into Windows Live Messenger. I get the following "We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger. Signing in to windows live messenger failed because the service is temporarly unavailable. Please try again later". This has been happening for the past 2 days and also appears to be affecting outlook connector as it keeps asking for a password. Solution found in Windows Live Solution Centre. As follows: Symptom: User experiences a sign in failure with error 80048820. Cause: Invalid characters in the first name of the user’s profile ...

Can't receive emails from 1 sender
I have someone who is trying to email me and nothing is coming through. I am having no other issues with other people He has tried to send me a message and I have sent him one so that he could use the reply and still nothing. Is there a reason for this? ...

Find Process ID
Hello All How can I find the Process ID of the Application whose main window is currently in foreground ? As well as How can I find the process ID of application itself ? >How can I find the Process ID of the Application whose main window is >currently in foreground ? As well as How can I find the process ID of >application itself ? You can get the process ID for a window from the GetWindowThreadProcessId API. You can get the foreground window using GetForegroundWindow. Dave ...

Event ID 7000 and 70001
Can anyone help me on how to fix this. I keep getting a error about Event ID 7000 The Microsoft Exchange Attendant service failed to start. and Event ID 7001 The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service defends on the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant which failed to start. Thanks Any warnings/errors preceding the event ID 7000 in the app event log? -- David Sengupta M.T.S., B.Sc., MVP, MCSE, MCSE 2000, CCA Ottawa, Canada Exchange Reporting & Analysis: http://www.quest.com/messagestats/ Exchange FAQ - http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm "Sergio" <sdel...

Knowing the user class ID from VBA
Hi, I am working with Modifier and VBA, and I need to know the Class User of the current user connected. I am using the library RetrieveGlobals9, but it does not let me know the class. Do I have to query the BD? Is there any way to know it without querying the table directly? Thanks in advance. -- Ariel Andrés Quesada MSc Systems Engineering, MCBMSP CRM 4.0 MCTS: TFS, MOSS 2007,Forefront, Project 2007, ..NET 2.0: Web/Win Apps, SQL Svr 2005 MCSD, MCSE, MCT Ariel, This is not possible without running a query on the User Master table: Set UserInfo = CreateObject("RetrieveGloba...

Get the value with the highest ID number
Hi, I have a table with for instance these 2 values: ID Employee Department 1 Jones, M. Frontoffice 2 Jones, M. Backoffice In a combobox the user types-ahead the name. When they choose a name the latest entered department name (the one with the highest ID-number) should also be entered in the department field. In the example that is the Backoffice. I'm planning to do this with code in the after-update event. Is it possible to use Dlookup for this? If that's not possible and I would have to use a query, how would I get the right deparment value of the record that has ...

Update SOP Address IDs in Historical Documents
We have a need to be able to update addresses and/or address id's on historical/posted documents. For example: if we delete an address id for a current customer, we need to be able to update any documents that posted with this address id to the new address id. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then c...

Exchange Service Terminated unxpectedly Event ID 7031
For the last 2 days my exchange server has given me the following error. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 miliseconds: Restart the service. Everything restarts fine. I just can't figure out what is stopping the service. There is nothing else in the event logs around the same time that I can pinpoint. This happens about 4 times a day. I am running Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 (both Enterprise Ed). Any ideas? Harry Poorman hpoorman@psu.edu Do you have (non e...

XML ID attribute & GetElementById

Resolving Sender Display Name
I just upgraded my Exchange site to Exchange 2003 from Exchange 2000. I've been noticing that on incoming messages the Sender's e-mail address is no longer being resolved to it's display name. I just see the sender's SMTP address. I did some research and found a Microsoft article that mentions the suppression of sender display name resolution is a feature of Exchange 2003 (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/msit/valuecard/msghygien...). However, it doesn't discuss how this functionality is enabled or disabled. Does anyone know where this functionality is con...

block mail with no sender or subject
Is it possible to block mail using a rule, if the mail has no sender and no subject > Is it possible to block mail using a rule, if the mail has > no sender and no subject I believe this is possible depending upon your level of Outlook. Create a rule without using any of the selections. This rule will act on all mail. Then add "Except where from contains @" and "Except where subject contains a or e or i (and so on). This depends on your being able to come up with a suitable list of letters. You should probably throw in the digits as well in case someone sends...

Email ID
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0077_01C52FB6.1095C010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I know that there is a patch from Microsoft to remove the CRM ID from = outgoing emails in version 1.0, but I couldn't find a patch from MS that = provided similar customization for version 1.2. Some of our customers = are treating these emails as spam due to the CRM ID in the subject. Please Help! Regards, J.Gary Penner University of Phoenix Online garypenner@email.uophx.edu Cell: 919-3...

Exchange 2003 event id 9646
Hi, I have some users that use Outlook 2003 with cached mode enabled to get disconnected after a few hours. In Exchange 2003, I can see in the Application event log, the following error: Mapi session "c2b7fbfb-d443-4289-b3d5-6733f8e99678" exceeded the maximum of 50 objects of type "session". I checked if the users were using Google desktop search or MSN search or any other program that access the mailbox. But this is not the case. I am going to a add a value in the registry: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\KeepAliveTime and set it to five mi...

OL 2003 and Block Senders List
In OL XP, I could select several emails from my InBox and put them in my Junk Email senders list. OL 2003 doesn't seem to have that feature. While OL2003 seems to do a better job of handling Junk (on the high setting), I still get lots of junk that I need to block. Any solutions? ...

VAT ID customized to country
In my country the VAT is called GCT. How do identify my tax number on the receipt as a GCT Registration No. instead of a VAT Registration No.? I just had a fiddle with this - we call it GST here. You need to edit the receipt.xml file and find where it prints VAT and change it to GCT (or GST in my case). I'll go one better and post up the code I had to change (you'll just need to find where it fits): </COLUMNHEADER> <ROW> </ROW> <ROW> </ROW> <...

(Weired) Email ID added with @hotmail.com
Dear freinds, Since last few days we have been facing a very strange problem. the problem was noticed when we saw one of the users properties showing his primary email address as our own domain and the secondary email address as @hotmail.com. later we noticed that all our domain users were updated with the @hotmail.com as their secondary emails ID. When checked on the Receipient Policies in exchange system manager we did not find any email address choosen with @hotmail.com. To get rid of this problem we removed @hotmail.com from all the users secondary address but after sometime found...