Sender filtering questioning

1.) Is there anyway to seperate the "Message with Blank Sender" and the
senders manually defined into different folders, When the "Archives Filtered
Messages" is enabled?
Its kind of tough the search through 1000's of emails to find out if 1
person in the list has send email.

2.) Also in the bad mail directory why is 3 files created for 1 bad email,
this is a space hog, Also is there anyway to stop the collection of bad
emails?

thanks,
Chris

DEL *.*

Schedule a job to do it.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Chris Miller" <cmiller@everestre.com> wrote in message
> 1.) Is there anyway to seperate the "Message with Blank Sender" and the
> senders manually defined into different folders, When the "Archives
Filtered
> Messages" is enabled?
> Its kind of tough the search through 1000's of emails to find out if 1
> person in the list has send email.
>
> 2.) Also in the bad mail directory why is 3 files created for 1 bad email,
> this is a space hog, Also is there anyway to stop the collection of bad
> emails?
>
> thanks,
> Chris

0
curspice1 (113)

Question about the garbage collector
Hello, I am trying to understand how the garbage collector works. To do this I created a simple test with a timer. I create a timer and then release all references leading to this timer, then I force a garbage collection. To my surprise the timer is still sparking off events! Here's the code: using System.Timers; using System; public class TimerTest { public TimerTest() { var timer = new Timer(1000); timer.Elapsed += (o, e) => { Console.WriteLine("Timer elapsed"); }; timer.Start(); } public static void Main() ...

CPropertySheet question #3
Hi all: I'm making a dialog window that has a functionality of Property Sheet (but it looks different). The problem I encountered is how to deactivate existing property page and set a new one on its place when another tab is clicked? I tried destroying it and creating it anew, but CPropertyPage class does not do it like that. Using Spy++ I discovered that it simply makes the old Property Page invisible. Does anybody know how to do that? I tried to set/remove WS_VISIBLE flag for the property page dialog window but somehow some child windows of that dialog pop up in a new one where ...

Access 2000 Package & Deployment Wizard questions
In my first attempt to package and deploy an Access 2000 MDE application, I used the Access 2000 Package & Deployment Wizard (PDW) to create the package, having checked the box for Include Access Runtime. The resulting files were then placed into a self-extracting Zip file, using WinZip Self-Extractor. This self-extracting Zip file, which was 1.8MB in size, was then uploaded to a website for subsequent download by the users. This all appeared to work well and all of my four users were able to run the app on their PCs. To the best of my knowledge, none of these users have a full cop...

Probably a siple question
i want the location to change on an item when its item number is brought into receiving, So i want the location to change to "floor" everytime i receive its item number this is what i have thus far: If Me.Sai_Serial_Number_1r.Value = "" Then Else If Me.Sai_Serial_Number_1r.Value = DLookup("[Sai Serial Number]", "[Main Inventory]", "[Sai Serial Number] = '" & Me.Sai_Serial_Number_1r & "'") Then 'this is where i cannot figure out how to change the Location, the form name is Main I...

E-mails from a senders in my Block Senders List
I've added a particular sender's e-mail address or Internet domain- name to my Blocked Senders List (see examples below) but e-mails from that sender continue going to the In Box instead of being sent to the Junk E-Mail box.. How do I block ALL e-mails sent from a particular sender? I've added these variations to the Blocked Senders List: googlealerts-noreply@google.com @google.com google.com 1. its easier to disable the alert. 2. is the address they are sent to on the safe list or in a trusted address book? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outloo...

Excel 2007 Concatenate Question
Lets say I have one row and three columns. In the single row I have three columns like this: A B C 11111 22222 I need a formula for column C that will concatenate column A and column B together separated by a space and put parentheses around the data in column B in the result so column C would look like this: C 11111 (22222) When done, the whole row should look like this: A B C 11111 22222 11111 (22222) I can get the concatenate to work and put the space between the two and the opening parentheses but c...

safe senders?
Is there any way I can set up Outlook 2000 running on Win98 to recieve messages ONLY from those that are in my address book/Contacts? I have seen this option in Hotmail and it seems like a good cheap one to eliminate some of the extraneous mail. I can set up a rule that will filter out anyone except those in a distribution list and then copy everyone into that distribution list. However, that would never automatically update itself if I added someone to my address book, or could it? There must be some way! Thanks. "Bush_pile_it" said in news:1049g478ih11b9@corp.supernews.com: ...

Bulk Import Senders to Sender Filter
We have many names in the turf list on our Exchange 5.5 server that I wish to import into the Sender Filter on our new Exchange 2003 system. I have not been able to find out where the entries are actually stored in Exchange Server 2003 so that I could do a bulk transfer or import of some kind. Does anyone have a way to import a sender list to the Sender Filter (Message Delivery object) in Exchange 2003? - Charlie HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIMC \Parameters\turftable Charlie wrote: > We have many names in the turf list on our Exchange 5.5 > s...

Calendar question #2
How do you print up one certain item on your calendar that you have to do once or twice a week. I don't want anything else showing but this one item. For example if I have class that day then I want to print my calendar up for the month that will just show my class schedule Create a custom view of your Calendar folder that filters out everything but the appointments you want to see, then print that view. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:08FA...

Filters, Buttons, Queries, oh my!
i have a main form with a subform. the main form and the subform are unrelated. the subform is based on a query that lists a load of stuff and does some calcs that use numbers on the main form with numbers from the subform. this all works great. i have some buttons that allow me to cause a filter to be applied to the subform based on the code that i put in the buttons on click event. there are 6 buttons that turn on a specific filter and 6 other buttons that turn off the filter. i know i probably should have used toggle buttons, but as i am still learning i wanted to make it easy on my...

beginner, question about date calculations
I am a beginner at databases, and am wondering if it is possible to calculate according to the parameters of a start month, and payment cycles such as montly, bi-weekly and so on the next payment due dates? If I should be asking my question in some other forum could you please let me know. Thank you On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:33:01 -0800, fremacmad <fremacmad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am a beginner at databases, and am wondering if it is possible to calculate >according to the parameters of a start month, and payment cycles such as >montly, bi-weekly and so on the...

blocking senders/return to sender
How can I have a messege that has been sent to me returned to sender automatically? You can't. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer andrea <icyhot1@earthlink.net> asked: | How can I have a messege that has been sent to me | returned to sender automatically? "andrea" <icyhot1@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:041e01c3611d$102b39c0$a501280a@phx.gbl > How can I have a messege that has been sent to me > returned to sender automatically? In...

Idle question about highlight colors
This is something that's been mildly annoying (or at least confusing) me for years. I've seen it happen in Word 2004, Word X, and maybe even earlier. When I select text in a Word document, it usually gets highlighted with a light-blue color. But sometimes, the "highlight" is black, with the text displaying in white. I have never been able to figure out why Word does this. Right now, it's doing it in the last three lines of a five-line paragraph, plus the rest of the text on that page. The rest of the document highlights normally. Anyone know what causes this...

Filtering by certain criteria
Hello experts - I created a custom list where I have numbers of items listed there. Now I would need to set up view in which if user login to our sharepoint, he/she will see only items they are owners for. (note: items have been inserted into custom list by myself, not by owners) So I will basically filter column 'owner' by enteprise.ids that have been defined in another custom list titled as "Enterprise ID", in column "Title" to ensure sharepoint will recognize those IDs in column owner. How can I set the filter to ensure filter will work accordi...

Graphics question
I want to be able to fill in a blank template with color or pattern and cannot figure out how to do it. For example, if I draw a rectangle with a line down the middle, I can fill each side of the rectangle with a photograph stored on my computer. What if I have an object that I want to fill it, but I am not able to actually draw the object myself on the computer, but I do have it downloaded. It is a drawing of a lampshade. Is there a way to convert the file that I have (it is a jpg file) into a file that publisher will allow me to "fill"? Any help would be greatly appreci...

Question on "rollover" type buttons (mfc/activex)
I've got a dialog box with an active-x toolbar. I'd like to have the type of buttons that have simply a bitmap with no border. When the mouse moves over the bitmap, the bitmap changes into a "selected" version of the bitmap. This is just like a "hover" button in html now that I think of it.. Also, are there any good books out there on developing these types of controls? Thanks, ~billy A simple owner-draw button that notices OnMouseEnter/OnMouseLeave events. joe On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:36:31 -0700, "billy" <billy_dev#@#cox#.#net> wrote: &g...

# Days Between Dates Formula Question
Say I have two columns (A and B) containing dates and I want to know how many days there are between the dates. I know that if I use the formula =B1-A1 I'll get the number of days between the dates if the formula cell is formatted as a number. However, say cell B1 does not contain a date (not filled in yet) I get a huge negative number. I don't want that to appear. I want a zero (0) to appear. Is there a simple formula that will calculate the number of days between the dates yet result in a 0 if column B doesn't have a date. Column A will always have a date in it. Thanks, J...

how to deniy a senders adress in exchange 2003
We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example heinz.loeffler@t-online.de in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but his mails keep coming trough to the mailbox we created. please advise me what to do thanks in advance. vancoillie Jurgen R u using Intelligent_Message_Filter for exchange 2003???? "jurgen vancoilie" wrote: > We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example > heinz.loeffler@t-online.de > > in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but his > mails keep coming trough to the...

filter
Is there anyway to filter out mail from a specified external email address so that it is redirected to the mail administrator. What version of Exchange? Brian Stiles wrote: > Is there anyway to filter out mail from a specified > external email address so that it is redirected to the > mail administrator. ...

question about a code to "save as"
i have a command button on a spread sheet that, when clicked, will sav the spread sheet in a folder and name it, depending what is in certai cells. my problem is where i want it saved. right now, i have all spread sheets being saved into one certai folder, but i would like the spread sheet to be saved into a folde that is specified in cell d2. this is the code i have now. Sub Save_As_FileName() FName1 = Range("d2").Value FName2 = Range("d3").Value FName3 = Range("d5").Value FName4 = Range("d6").Value Fname5 = Range("d7").Value pth = "f:...

filter & pivot table
Hi, Can i get help!! I have a pivot table, and in the data i have a sum of quantity of items, i dont want to see items that there sum is zero, (the zero is because of number of records that there sum is zero!!!). Can u help me to hide these items? Thank you, Suhair In your pivot table, right click on the field name, choose field options, clear the check box for "Show items with no data". Carlos "suhair" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a4601c4dd5b$438ad170$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Can i get help!! > I have a pivot table, a...

Function Question #3
Hi all, I have a function defined as follows: CEILING(3*(SUM(MID(A1159,1,1),MID(A1159,3,1),MID(A1159,5,1))) and I want to create my own one, so that once I apply to a (current) cell, it performs on the cell immediately on the left, (instead A1159...) For now, I create a function in VBA editor: Function MyCeiling(cellontheleftaddress?) ' dont know what to put as parameter myCeiling = Ceiling(3 * (Sum(Mid(cellontheleft, 1, 1), Mid(cellontheleft, 3, 1), Mid(cellontheleft, 5, 1)))0, 1))) End Function thanks for help First, I think you're missing something from your worksheet fu...

Excel Filter
Does anyone know why my filter does not work on occasions? Most of the time it is fine but occasionally after the filter has been applied the menu will not respond. This has happened to my computer and a colleages. Any ideas?? Do you mean the dropdown won't appear when you click on the arrow? If yes, then I've seen it. But I don't know what causes it. Sometimes you can remove the filter and reapply it and it'll start working again. But sometimes that doesn't help, either. I've learned to swear and ignore it. If it's important, then you might try copying t...

senders name
A very simple question, but I can't find the solution. I want to change the name of the sender in our external e-mails. As our logon-names we have John, Jim, Susan, etc. Unfortunately our external e-mails are send by "John" <j.smith@where.com> instead of "John Smith" <j.smith@where.com> I have tried the following: - changed the display name of the mailboxes. The name changes in the adress list but the mail still comes from "John" (even after reboot of outlook) - put last name in with first name in mail boxes; doesn't work, really I see a...

Copying into Filtered rows
Hello - I work is a school and I have a main spreadsheet for each Year group in school containing every pupil and their results for my subject. This information is sorted by surname to make pupils easy to find. Therefore if we want to examine a particular set, we filter for that set. However, test results are sent in by each teacher for their group - if I filter for the group and paste the test results into the spreadsheet, it pastes into all the underlying cells not just the visible filtered cells. Is there anyway to over-ride this? Many thanks Maybe you can sort by that key field fi...