sender filtering on exchange 2003 server

i setup an exchange 2003 server to retreive it's e-mail from a provider's
POP3 server for the time being due to the fact that the MX records haven't
been changed yet. Now i enabled senderfiltering on my exchange server and it
doesn't seem to work
Question: Does this have anything to do with the pop3 mailbox of my provider
or is there something else going on alltogether??

--
"Computers are useless, they can only give answers...." .. (Pablo Picasso)
0

Obviously no one knows or nobody wants to help

"Rik" wrote:

> i setup an exchange 2003 server to retreive it's e-mail from a provider's
> POP3 server for the time being due to the fact that the MX records haven't
> been changed yet. Now i enabled senderfiltering on my exchange server and it
> doesn't seem to work
> Question: Does this have anything to do with the pop3 mailbox of my provider
> or is there something else going on alltogether??
>
> --
> "Computers are useless, they can only give answers...." .. (Pablo Picasso)
0
Rik1 (4)

Exchange 2003 Deletion Settings
I'm running Exchange 2003 SP1 and my private store is right at 16GB and I've instructed the users over the last few days to remove or delete any items that they do not need. I did run an offline defrag last night, but I noticed that my database did not drop any in size. I have just modified the "Keep Deleted Items" setting on the Limits tab of System Manager to 0 days from the 30 that was previously there. How can I force this to take place or will the nightly maintenace interval handle this matter tonight at 1 am? Mailbox management is not enabled, but I really do...

Outlook 2003 corrupted pst file
Running Outlook 2003 plus SP1 on XP 2003 w/SP2 My pst file is 233,536 Kb in size. I have run Inbox Repair Tool repeatedly. It indicates that I have no errors. I have two indications that there are problems. 1) There is a message stuck in my Unread Mail box. I can not delete it. It says that it may already have been deleted or moved. 2) I can no longer add, modify, or delete any contact information. Clicking on any contact crashes Outlook. I can create an email and add an address from Word but that is it. I really feel that if I could just export all my folders to a new pst file ...

E-mails from a senders in my Block Senders List
I've added a particular sender's e-mail address or Internet domain- name to my Blocked Senders List (see examples below) but e-mails from that sender continue going to the In Box instead of being sent to the Junk E-Mail box.. How do I block ALL e-mails sent from a particular sender? I've added these variations to the Blocked Senders List: googlealerts-noreply@google.com @google.com google.com 1. its easier to disable the alert. 2. is the address they are sent to on the safe list or in a trusted address book? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outloo...

Bulk Import Senders to Sender Filter
We have many names in the turf list on our Exchange 5.5 server that I wish to import into the Sender Filter on our new Exchange 2003 system. I have not been able to find out where the entries are actually stored in Exchange Server 2003 so that I could do a bulk transfer or import of some kind. Does anyone have a way to import a sender list to the Sender Filter (Message Delivery object) in Exchange 2003? - Charlie HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIMC \Parameters\turftable Charlie wrote: > We have many names in the turf list on our Exchange 5.5 > s...

Publisher 2003 Catologue Merge
http://home.a03.itscom.net/tsuzu/programing/en/ Here is a real winner that popped up today on www.nonags.com This is the perfect tool for the Publisher 2003 Catalogue Merge. This program will automatically list all the picture files in a folder to use with a Publisher 2003 Catalogue Merge. Does exactly what you want, has all the options you need, including sort, file extension you want etc. etc. Just a magic little program with all the needs and requirements. It will be so easy for users just to copy the path information to their database/CSV file whatever - simple I think if I sat down a...

Archiving the Outlook 2003 Calendar
My archive utility seems to be only working sporadically. When I attempt to archive my calendar, sometimes it works and I get a .pst file that is 2,000 kb (+). At other times it creates a .pst file that is only 265 kb in size and contains on data. Is there anything I can do to alleviate this? I'm asking that it archive items older than the current date (but I've also tried archiving items older than yesterday and had similar results). Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't. Any suggestions will be appreciated. ...

dissapearing spreadsheet- excel 2003
Something awful has happened. I just finished a massive spreadsheet down to the last detail. Everything balanced out, it was perfect. I was ready to print the final draft. I wanted to take out the grid lines and the a-z and 123.. borders so I was looking at various commands on the tool bar. I got to the "insert' heading and clicked on "worksheet" to see what it was. Everything is now gone....... I am sick. Please tell me how to get the spreadsheet back. I have tried to open the one I want from the saved files but nothing but a blank worksheet comes up. While looking thru t...

Our exchange server is the domain controller too.i want to seperate them!??!!??!
Hi in our company we implement Exchange server as pilot.when i install it, i creat the domain controller on this. But we had a main domain cntroller before.now i want this exchange server to use the resource of our main domain controller.what should i do? Thanks Mina On 11 Mar 2006 21:09:33 -0800, "Mina" <mabbasi@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi >in our company we implement Exchange server as pilot.when i install it, >i creat the domain controller on this. But we had a main domain >cntroller before.now i want this exchange server to use the resource of >our main domain c...

safe senders?
Is there any way I can set up Outlook 2000 running on Win98 to recieve messages ONLY from those that are in my address book/Contacts? I have seen this option in Hotmail and it seems like a good cheap one to eliminate some of the extraneous mail. I can set up a rule that will filter out anyone except those in a distribution list and then copy everyone into that distribution list. However, that would never automatically update itself if I added someone to my address book, or could it? There must be some way! Thanks. "Bush_pile_it" said in news:1049g478ih11b9@corp.supernews.com: ...

SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 migration headache!
Hi folks, Hoping someone can help me :( After spending yesterday prepping the source server- running both SBS 2003 Best Practices Analyzer and Exchange Best Practices Analyzer (and resolving all issues until they both came back clean), full backup, Migration Prep Tool, answer file etc I was finally ready to get going with the destination server today. I was very thorough with the documentation, taking it all step by step. All looked well, until it seemed to hang on what looked to be a final step. I don't recall getting the replication delay pop-up that I've seen m...

Limit Message Size In Exchange 2000
I am trying to find a way to limit external email message to a certain size, say 5mb, while allowing internal messages to be up to 10mb. Is this possible? In Exchange 5.5 I set the limit in the Internet Mail Connector, but apparently this changed in 2000. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mark You can set this limit in properties of SMTP virtual server. Mark wrote: > I am trying to find a way to limit external email message to a certain > size, say 5mb, while allowing internal messages to be up to 10mb. Is > this possible? In Exchange 5.5 I set the limit in the Internet ...

Filters, Buttons, Queries, oh my!
i have a main form with a subform. the main form and the subform are unrelated. the subform is based on a query that lists a load of stuff and does some calcs that use numbers on the main form with numbers from the subform. this all works great. i have some buttons that allow me to cause a filter to be applied to the subform based on the code that i put in the buttons on click event. there are 6 buttons that turn on a specific filter and 6 other buttons that turn off the filter. i know i probably should have used toggle buttons, but as i am still learning i wanted to make it easy on my...

error moving mailbox from exchange 2000 to 2003
I am trying to move mailboxes from exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 using acitve directory user and computer, by selecting exchange tasks, then move mailbox utility. I have successfully moved some users from exchange 2000 to exchange 2003, but i am getting this for some users. On the source server. Event ID 9172 Failed to copy messages to the destination mailbox store. Error: The MAPI call failed. MAPI or an unspecified service provider. ID no: 80004005-0000-00000000 Event ID 1008 Unable to move mailbox 'Goins, India'. Error: The MAPI call failed. MAPI or an unspecified servic...

blocking senders/return to sender
How can I have a messege that has been sent to me returned to sender automatically? You can't. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer andrea <icyhot1@earthlink.net> asked: | How can I have a messege that has been sent to me | returned to sender automatically? "andrea" <icyhot1@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:041e01c3611d$102b39c0$a501280a@phx.gbl > How can I have a messege that has been sent to me > returned to sender automatically? In...

Exchange syncronization
Did anybody work with Interorg Syncronization Tool for EXchange 5.5? This tool is from Backoffice Resource Kit. I have to syncronize 2 organizations using the SMTP connector both with Exchange 5.5. I cannot use X400 connector for this. There is another way for doing this? I tryed with Interorg sync tool and I get the error "Initialize Error - fatal - Can't open default db!" =?Utf-8?B?QWRpZHJlMQ==?= <Adidre1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:94C12276-83DC-4744-8960-CB7B7A99F644@microsoft.com: > Did anybody work with Interorg Syncronization Tool for EXchange 5...

Link from SQL server
I am linking to a table on an SQL server that I have no control over. I am trying to automate my database. I can link to the table with this code: DoCmd.TransferDatabase acLink, "ODBC Database", "ODBC;DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=rssms2-7333-861;APP=Microsoft Access Components;DATABASE=dbMARS;Trusted_Connection=Yes", acTable, "dbo.ext_pln_007_02_ddg_data", "dbo_ext_pln_007_02_ddg_data", True Every time I do this the next box that pops ud is the "Select Unique Record Identifier". Does anyone know of a way to programmaticly select any or ...

automatically add email address to contacts when replying mail in outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C47F30.742424A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable every time i send a reply or email to sometime how can i tweak outlook = 2003 to save the email address to my contacts automatically?? - Thank you Mayur ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C47F30.742424A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

Exchange mail Flow
Hope some one can help i have the following problem that is causing me loads of hassle. This is overview of my configuration: Two servers configured using Exchange 2003 with Microsoft Cluster Services EXCluster1 - 192.168.1.1 - Exchange server cluster 1 EXCluster2 - 192.168.1.2 - Exchange server cluster 2 ExVirtual - 192.168.1.3 - Exchange virtual server EXFE1 - 192.168.1.4 - Exchange Front End server 1 EXFE2 - 192.168.1.5 - Exchange Front End server 2 EXNLB - 192.168.1.6 - Exchange NLB Address for Front End Server SMTP Connector has EXFE1 & EXFE2 as bridgehead servers for Interne...

Filtering by certain criteria
Hello experts - I created a custom list where I have numbers of items listed there. Now I would need to set up view in which if user login to our sharepoint, he/she will see only items they are owners for. (note: items have been inserted into custom list by myself, not by owners) So I will basically filter column 'owner' by enteprise.ids that have been defined in another custom list titled as "Enterprise ID", in column "Title" to ensure sharepoint will recognize those IDs in column owner. How can I set the filter to ensure filter will work accordi...

POP3 Problem with Exchange 2000
Hi folks I am really hoping someone can help me out here I am running a windows 2000 server with exchange 2000. The server is partitioned as follows; C:\ 5.13GB, D:\ Exchange 49.2, E:\ 49.7, 32.2GB unallocated. I had the AV originally on C:\ but moved it to E:\ this morning. There is also a plug-in for exchange installed as part of the AV suite. Users can send ok, the problem is in receiving email. I looked at ESM and in POP3 current connections it shows a list of users trying to send email If I reboot the server, everything is fine for a while and then the problem recurs. There doesnt...

how to deniy a senders adress in exchange 2003
We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example heinz.loeffler@t-online.de in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but his mails keep coming trough to the mailbox we created. please advise me what to do thanks in advance. vancoillie Jurgen R u using Intelligent_Message_Filter for exchange 2003???? "jurgen vancoilie" wrote: > We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example > heinz.loeffler@t-online.de > > in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but his > mails keep coming trough to the...

how do I Copy data from a webpage into an Excel 2003 spreadsheet
I have done this "cut and paste" from my online banking website numerous times in Excel 2000 without a hitch, However, when I try in 2003 the data is there but when I try to perform a a simple SUM(D1:D15) I get a zero value. I have tried reformatting the cells to accounting, and numeric, as well as general but nothing seems to work. Hi try the following: - copy an empty cell - select your imported values - goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose 'Add' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Marinus Mellaart" <Marinus Mellaart@discussions.microsof...

filter
Is there anyway to filter out mail from a specified external email address so that it is redirected to the mail administrator. What version of Exchange? Brian Stiles wrote: > Is there anyway to filter out mail from a specified > external email address so that it is redirected to the > mail administrator. ...

Can I open a Report from the server with Visual Studio to modify i 01-12-10
I have a server with Report Server 2008 and is working good with its reports, but I need to make a change in one, I had a machine with Windows 2008 y Visual Studio 2008, the reports are stored in the file system. I changed the Windows 2008 machine by another one, and installed Windows 7, SQL Sever 2008 and Visual Studio 2008, now when I try to open the reports an error hapen: "project can not be opened because its project type (.rptproj) is not supported by this version of the application. To open it, please use a version that supports this type of project" I installed...

filter & pivot table
Hi, Can i get help!! I have a pivot table, and in the data i have a sum of quantity of items, i dont want to see items that there sum is zero, (the zero is because of number of records that there sum is zero!!!). Can u help me to hide these items? Thank you, Suhair In your pivot table, right click on the field name, choose field options, clear the check box for "Show items with no data". Carlos "suhair" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a4601c4dd5b$438ad170$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Can i get help!! > I have a pivot table, a...