sender filtering on exchange 2003 server

i setup an exchange 2003 server to retreive it's e-mail from a provider's
POP3 server for the time being due to the fact that the MX records haven't
been changed yet. Now i enabled senderfiltering on my exchange server and it
doesn't seem to work
Question: Does this have anything to do with the pop3 mailbox of my provider
or is there something else going on alltogether??

--
"Computers are useless, they can only give answers...." .. (Pablo Picasso)
0

Obviously no one knows or nobody wants to help

"Rik" wrote:

> i setup an exchange 2003 server to retreive it's e-mail from a provider's
> POP3 server for the time being due to the fact that the MX records haven't
> been changed yet. Now i enabled senderfiltering on my exchange server and it
> doesn't seem to work
> Question: Does this have anything to do with the pop3 mailbox of my provider
> or is there something else going on alltogether??
>
> --
> "Computers are useless, they can only give answers...." .. (Pablo Picasso)
0
Rik1 (4)

[OL2003] Free/busy information not automatically updated on server
Hi, my free/busy information are not automatically updated every 5 minutes despite the configuration in Calendar Options. The manual update works perfectly fine. Working without exchange, but with OL2003/Vista. Any hints are highly appreciated. Best wishes, J. Where are you publishing your free/busy? http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/freebusy.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Jannick Asmus asked: | Hi, | | my free/busy informa...

Small Business Server in Windows Server 2000 Environment
I have a requirement to install Microsoft CRM for about 10 CRM Users. The existing Windows 2000 has about 120 users with two Exchange Servers. Is it possible to set up a separate Small Business Server to run CRM within the Windows 2000 domain as this is the most cost effective way of implementing CRM for such a low User count? ...

Filter option not working
Unable to get the filter option to work after selecting 'Protect and Share Worksheet Have completed all the steps in relation to Format - Cells, but even though the cells are not locked the filter option can not be use How can I get this to work? Hi gianni While you are protecting the Sheet Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet Below are the rights that you can allow/Disallow all users. Check "Use Auto Filter" regards >-----Original Message----- >Unable to get the filter option to work after selecting 'Protect and Share Worksheet' >Have completed all the s...

Outlook client cannot contact exchange 2000
Hello All, I have an Exchange 2000 box that had a public IP. I changed the server to a static private IP. I set the client to a DHCP address on the same scope. After a reboot the outlook program cannot seem to find the server. If I do a "check name" it will resolve but will not connect. This issue is network wide; every machine is having the same issue. I can't seem to pin it down to anything specific. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks, Peretz Stern Hi, try stop and staring the information store service in your exchange server. Previously all your clients were c...

Filter large incoming emails
We are using exchange server 2003. Very often we receive large emails (15mb+) from clients sent to a group of recipients. What's the best way to have some sort of filter (preferably on the exchange server) that does following to save some mailbox space: IF ((ATTACHMENT_SIZE > 10MB) AND (NUMBER_OF_RECIPIENTS > 1)) THEN SEND EMAIL ONLY TO THE 1ST RECIPIENT END IF also IF ((ATTACHMENT_SIZE > 10MB) AND (NUMBER_OF_RECIPIENTS > 1)) THEN 1. STRIP THE ATTACHMENT TO C:\ATTACHMENTS 2. LET THE EMAIL GO THROUGH 3. SEND A NEW EMAIL TO ALL RECIPENTS NOTIFYING OF...

Receipient as sender
Hi all, I just received an e-mail today in which I myself was declared as the sender. My computer is guaranteed virus-free and absolutely healthy. Does anyone know about something like this? Might this be a vulnerability in outlook 2003? This question is the reason for my message in this ng. Ntw, the message was in html-format. Best regards, Sascha, MCSE Whoever_ CH, you wrote on Thu, 08 Sep 2005 11:01:14 +0200: > I just received an e-mail today in which I myself was declared as the > sender. Steht im "Von:Feld" bzw. im Header nur dein Name oder auch deine E-Mail...

Exchange 5.5 LDAP Issue !!! need help urgent!
Hi Folks, i'm in start of migration and i have a problem with Exchange 5.5 LDAP. the server is listening to LDAP and i tried to open a LDAP connection to the Exchange but i get Invalid cerdentails. if i take the Ldap Interface to debug i see this error in the Event Viewer (attached) A.S.A.P. Thanks again folks! -- ===================================================== When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue. ===================================================== This posting is provided &quo...

Junk senders list and wild card characters
Is it possible to use Wild cards like * or ? in setting up the junk senders.txt file? Or maybe the question should be will they work? Thanks in advance Michael Kammerer mkammerer@nebls.com ...

Running Exchange 2K3 System Manager and Outlook 2K3 on the same XP workstation
In order to run the Exchange 2003 System Manager, on the same machine that I'm running Outlook 2003 on, which version of MAPI32.DLL should be in the System32 folder and which version should be in C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr? You need to jig around with locations. See: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;266418 for what to do. >-----Original Message----- >In order to run the Exchange 2003 System Manager, on the same machine that >I'm running Outlook 2003 on, which version of MAPI32.DLL should be in the >System32 folder and which version should be in ...

Exchange 2003 High Availability
I was curious if someone could point me in the direction on how I can setup our exchange servers in a way so that if one exchange server goes down the secondary/backup exchange can be used in its place and then when the primary is brought back up everything is in sync and works fine. is this possible with Exchange 2003? Also, is there a way so that mail for a domain could be delivered to an alternate server and held while a primary is down and then send the messages on to the actual server handling the users mailboxes after it is brought back online? Thanks, Paul your only optio...

Read Exchange Data
All, My client has asked me to give his users the ability to send and read emails from within their Access 2002 application instead of having to go out to Outlook. Currently, the environment is has follows: 1 - SBS2003 (with MS Exchange running) 2- Separate terminal server running the Access application - the application is divided into a front/back end database - each user has their own frontend database 3 - Normally, the user will create a VPN connection to the server and then start their Terminal Server session...

Sender ID Framework
Anyone already implemented Sender ID Framework? Dont know how to handle this. Hope you might help. You can start with publishing SPF records for the servers responsible for sending outbound internet mail from your organization. For filtering inbound email, you can use Exchange Server 2003's Sender ID Filtering (Global Settings | Message Delivery properties | Sender ID Filtering tab), and configure it to either accept (and have IMF process it further), delete (message accepted and deleted, no NDR) or reject (message not accepted, sending host will generate NDR). In the General ta...

Exchange 2003 Storage Size Limit
Hi, Is there a way that I can restrict my Exchange administrators from manually modified the storage size for individual users profiles? Somthing like a AD policy. Thanks Why would this do this? Either you trust them or you don't. If you don't then they shouldn't be admins. I don't believe the mailbox limits are exposed via Group Policy. Nue "Tony Negron" <TonyNegron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9020AC8F-C748-4A06-AC21-AA6064EE4AF3@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Is there a way that I can restrict my Exchange administrators from > ...

Subform Filter by VBA
Hello all, I am trying to change the filter on a subform via code at the click of a button. The subform will always have [Project Manager] as the master and child fields, but I want to toggle b/w the following WHERE conditions at the click of a button. [Current Status]= '12. Project Complete' [Current Status]<>'12. Project Complete' These will change the data in the sub b/w current and completed projects. I am sure I can figure out the IF function just fine, but how do I set the filter of a subform when clicking a button on the parent? Me.Subform.Filter seems like...

2 Exchange servers how to.
I have a 2003 Exchange server. I wan't to have another Exchange 2003 server off site connected to the office via VPN. I would like to have the Offsite server to have the same e-mail as the office server so if there is some kind of disater then users could access mail from offsite. Is there some docs on how to do this? Can Exchange 2003 always send new mail to another server? so mail can be read on both servers if needed? Thanks You will need third party software to help with this. If you can wait for E12, there will be some built in support for creating a disastery recovery ser...

Outlook 2003 newsgroup?
Is there a newsgroup for the beta release ? This is it. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Stuart Errington" <stuart.errington@lonsdale.co.uk> wrote in message news:uQSuBI7aDHA.1740@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a newsgroup for the beta release ? > > ...

Rules not uploading to Microsoft Exchange
I receive an error message " One or more rules cannot be uploaded to Microsoft Exchange and ahve been deactivated. This could be becauase some of the parameters are not supported, or there is insufficient nspace to store all of your rules". I dontunderstand as I created one rule and then another - one was applied ok the other wasnt. please help How many rules do you have? What version of exchange? See http://www.slipstick.com/rules/32kb.asp for information on Exchange and rules limitations. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlo...

Exchange won't listen on 25
running exchange 2003; virtual server is set to all unassigned, port 25; run netstat-an nothing is on 25; telnet to port 25 from itself and the message "could not connect to host on port 25" comes up. help! please! thanks On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 13:01:19 -0700, "matthew kerner" <mkerner@viawest.net> wrote: >running exchange 2003; virtual server is set to all unassigned, port 25; run >netstat-an nothing is on 25; telnet to port 25 from itself and the message >"could not connect to host on port 25" comes up. >help! please! >thanks > >...

Help Combining filters
MSP2007 I'm trying to print out a project. I have two filters that I would like to combine into one. Both filters work fine but when I try to put them together fail. Filter1 Flag1 equals NO Filter2 Finish is less than or equal to 3/31/11 And Start is greater than or equal to 9/1/09 I have tried making different combinations with no luck such as: Filter3 Flag1 equals NO AND (also tried OR) Finish is less than or equal to 3/31/11 And Start is greater than or equal to 9/1/09 Filter4 Finish is less than or equal to 3/31/11 ...

Transfer files from money 99 to money 2003
We have a new computer with money 2003, old computer has our records in money 99. We tried to import export but the records to not come across correctly. What should we d???? You shouldn't have to export or import. Just move across your .MNY data file and open it with the newer version. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=68. "Michelle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1351501c419bd$2899add0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > We have a new computer with money 2003, old computer has > our records in money 99. We tried to import export but > the...

Need Exchange limit help
I have a new SBS 2008 Server setup in a manufacturing environment. Two users within the company send and receive large CAD files. How do I allow this process? Right now one user is try to send a 185MB file and it is saying "the message being sent exceeds the message size established for this user." I have tried setting the limit in the console to 10GB and now I have unchecked the "enforce the mailbox quotas" box and he still can't send. If I go into the Exchange Management Console I still don't see how I can make this work. Is this something that...

IF COUNTIF & COUNTA on Filtered Visible Cells #3
Hi Aladin, Thank you for assistance. Unfortunately, the formula is not retrievin the correct results. The formulae below tells me how frequently the ROOMS are being used b different Groups and how long they have not used them. The formula works ok on non-filtered data but when I use Autofilter the results ar not as they should be, because the results also include the non-filtere data rather than just the Filtered Visible Cells. Using the Formulae below, I can obtain the required data from th Columns in a non-filtered state. Column T: =IF(COUNTIF($V$10:$V10,$V11),COUNTA(INDIRECT("V&q...

Exchange Problem Servies / Store
Not sure where my last message went so here we go again,, Basically exchange messed up earlier today tracked it down to asp and iis disappeaing why not a clue but they had both gone. Reinstalled asp and iis Reinstalled exchange with /disasterrecovery switch All seemed fine except for GFI which is now ok So whats wrong :- 50 % of users when they click send and recieve get an error 0x80040111 these users are unable to send from webmail either. The other 50% are fine using webmail or outlook Mac users cant even connect to exchange keeps asking for them to enter their password, even though...

Newly migrated clients still dependent on old server?
Greetings all. Last week I migrated a client from a single NT 4 domain controller that was also running Exchange 5.5 to a single 2003 AD DC that is also running Exchange 2003 SP1. I used the ADMT to migrated users, with SIDHistory. User and data migration went off without a hitch. The Exchange migration did not go so smoothly, in part because this was my first one. I initially tried to use the Migration Wizard, which failed. I then installed the Active Directory Connector on the 2003 machine and configured a connection...still no joy. Finally I resorted to using Exmerge to export/import, ...

Filter Summary (Outlook 2000)
Is there a way to get a summary of filter actions upon the completion of a read new messages action? In particular, I automatically route messages to a number of folders, but without a summary, I must browse through all such folders to determine if there are new messages. (This is a standard feature of Eudora, and I miss it.) Outlook does not have that feature. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Dennis Steinauer <dds@REMOVETHISradix.net> asked: | Is there a way to g...