sender domain name?

I have one Exchange 2003 in a semi-lab setup.  It is part of my lab domain,
we'll call it test.domain, so my server is mail.test.domain
Obviously test.domain is not resolveable from the Internet and when I send
mail, it goes out as test.domain.  How can I make this server send mail out
as mail.blah.com so its resolveable? (and will quit bouncing all my messages
to domains that do reverse dns lookups?)

Thanks for any and all help!!

-Mike

0
illushinz (2)

Change the addressing.

You might consider adding a subdomain to your production domain like
test.company.com, registering it with an MX record and changing your
addressing to that.
--
Ed Crowley
Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support

"Mike Andrews" <illushinz@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have one Exchange 2003 in a semi-lab setup.  It is part of my lab domain,
>we'll call it test.domain, so my server is mail.test.domain
> Obviously test.domain is not resolveable from the Internet and when I send
> mail, it goes out as test.domain.  How can I make this server send mail
> out as mail.blah.com so its resolveable? (and will quit bouncing all my
> messages to domains that do reverse dns lookups?)
>
> Thanks for any and all help!!
>
> -Mike

Sorry to be a newb, I'm reading throught the resource kit 'as we speak'.
I currently do have a subdomain registered, so that you can resolve
test.company.com but in message headers it still says the from is
test.company.local.

Here is an excerpt from one of my outbound messages, ips and domain changed
to protect stupid administrator (like me)

[12.34.56.78])  ***<-- this is the line question, shouldn't that say
test.company.com?
 by lax-gw06.*****.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 2E9573AE48D

Note: test.company.com does resolve to 12.34.56.78 (or the appropriate ip)

-Mike

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.mvps.org> wrote in message
> Change the addressing.
>
> You might consider adding a subdomain to your production domain like
> test.company.com, registering it with an MX record and changing your
> addressing to that.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support
>

> "Mike Andrews" <illushinz@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have one Exchange 2003 in a semi-lab setup.  It is part of my lab
>>domain, we'll call it test.domain, so my server is mail.test.domain
>> Obviously test.domain is not resolveable from the Internet and when I
>> send mail, it goes out as test.domain.  How can I make this server send
>> mail out as mail.blah.com so its resolveable? (and will quit bouncing all
>> my messages to domains that do reverse dns lookups?)
>>
>> Thanks for any and all help!!
>>
>> -Mike

0
illushinz (2)

meaningless error ???! adding win 7 to mixed 2003/2008 domain
hello. i'm getting the error below when i attempt to add a windows 7 workstation that was in a workgroup called "WORKGROUP' to a domain that consists of one 2008 DC and two 2003 DCs. --------- "changing the primary Domain DNS name ofthis computer to "" failed. The name will remain "domainname.com. the error was the specified serer cannot perform the requested operation." --------- Strange thing is, even though i get this error, everything seems to work just fine. The primary dns suffix changes to the domain name and i can log onto the ...

Help
Hi. I receive competition results which contain individuals' names, clu names, rank, scores and want to publish them using the "correct individuals' name, i.e. their "registered" name. Results are submitted by coaches / volunteers who may know and recor the individual using their "friendly" name. For example, a name like Rebecca can be a nightmare if you consider th variants: Rebekah, Becky, Beccy, Becci, Beccie, Becca, Beka etc. not t mention genuine spelling mistakes. So the task is to get the names into a standard form and then forma the data associated...

Exch. 5.5 : to route a domain
Hello, I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers. One is a smtp relay (with DNS) for all mails to internet. I have another smtp relay to go to another organization. I want to route the domain, for example, toto.com and *.toto.com to the second relay. What can I do for this ? Address Space with *.toto.com or *@*.toto.com ? I also have a domain titi.toto.com. But this domain must not be route to the second relay but to the first one to internet. What can I do ? thanks, Lionel. "lpons" <lpons_nospam@free.fr> wrote: >I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers. One is a smtp relay (with DNS) ...

Call up computer name
[Excel 2003] Is there a way to retrieve the computer identity/name and display it in a listbox on a userform? regards, Roger uName =3D Environ("computername") Me.ListBox1.AddItem uName On Dec 3, 9:30=A0am, Roger on Excel <RogeronEx...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > [Excel 2003] > > Is there a way to retrieve the computer identity/name and display it in a > listbox on a userform? > > regards, > > Roger Thanks - works nicely Roger "muddan madhu" wrote: > > uName = Environ("computern...

User from domain A loging in domain b issues
Dear Gurus, we have two domains on our network, which is administered separetly. A user from domain A needs to access from Outlook 2000 to domain B. I have configured the Mail settings with no problems. But every time I open the Outlook, I get a can't connect message. Is there anything I need to do on the server side? Thanks, I must also mention that there is no trust relationship between the two domains. But the user has accounts on both domains. "Hasan Kachal" <kachal@nospam.com> wrote in message news:O07CW6ULEHA.2400@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Dear Gurus, &g...

Cannot add users in CRM from a trusted domain - (80072030)
Hi, I'm looking for some assistance. I'm having problems adding users from a trusted domain into CRM 3.0 as users. I'm currently about to migrate CRM3.0 from an old domain to a new domain, however, there is an immediate need to allow users on the new domain to access CRM while it's on the old domain. There is a trust between the domains, I have full WINS and DNS resolution between the domains, and dcdiag, and netdiag are clean. When I try to create a user within the CRM application, after I type in their username "NEWDOMAIN\username" the rest of the form poula...

Activate an active workbook with name x
First I do a save as.. for a workbook and get the name via a input box (lets say the name gets queried by 'fname'. How do I later move back to that specific workbook? Something I needed would look like: ActiveWorkbook -with the name of 'fname'.Activate tx Gmick, I think fname is a variable in your program. If so, Workbooks(fname).Activate -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Gmick" <gnick@chello.nl> wrote in message news:R6LRc.58621$i7.23416@amsnews05.chello.com... > First I do a sav...

HTML_Control Range name
I have a problem with one of my macros where I am copy an entire worksheet (not by range) to another workbook. However, every other worksheet it seems comes across with an message indicating that that range name HTML_Control already exists. I had run a piece of code in my worksheet to outline all range names and it appears to be some kind of range name....and to my surprise there are a whole bunch of other names as well. Can someone tell me if there is any specific purpose for it? Hi, Do you have controls on the worksheet? If so try renaimng them to something other than commandbutton1...

E-mails from a senders in my Block Senders List
I've added a particular sender's e-mail address or Internet domain- name to my Blocked Senders List (see examples below) but e-mails from that sender continue going to the In Box instead of being sent to the Junk E-Mail box.. How do I block ALL e-mails sent from a particular sender? I've added these variations to the Blocked Senders List: googlealerts-noreply@google.com @google.com google.com 1. its easier to disable the alert. 2. is the address they are sent to on the safe list or in a trusted address book? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outloo...

Domain transfer Expert advice req
Currently mail for my domains are being hosted ...

SeriesCollection(10).Name = "=""""""NBT""""""" What are all these quotes?
With the goal of some VBA later, I am playing with charts and saw this in a recording: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(10).Name = "=""""""NBT""""""" I was changing the name of a series to a text string of NBT. What is the reason for all the quotes.? FYI. Using a range I selected the cell with the name as a text string" gives this: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(10).Name = "=Sheet1!R26C2" Thank you. Excel 2007 Chart VBA with lots of quotes, and alternate variable presentation. http:/...

Store Names on X and Z Reports
After upgrading to 2.0.0123 when I print my X and Z reports they do not show with the store names at the top any more...Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue... Thanks Anthony Laidler Can anyone tell me how to update the x and z report receipt format so that it will show the name of the store at the time...Thanks and Happy Holidays. "Anthony Laidler" wrote: > After upgrading to 2.0.0123 when I print my X and Z reports they do not show > with the store names at the top any more...Can anyone tell me how to fix this > issue... > > Thanks > Anthony Laidler ...

Changing domain names
When I first set up sbs2003 I used companyweb as my domain name. How do I change it to my xyz.com domain? Also if anyone knows of any helpful tutorials on this subject it would really help. Thanks in Advance Take a look at: 822447 How to Modify an SMTP E-Mail Address by Using Recipient Policies http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822447 You'll need to ensure that the new domain (xyz.com) has MX records pointing to your router (which should then point to the mail server) or directly to the mail server. You'll most likely need to modify the default recipient policy and change t...

Our exchange server is the domain controller too.i want to seperate them!??!!??!
Hi in our company we implement Exchange server as pilot.when i install it, i creat the domain controller on this. But we had a main domain cntroller before.now i want this exchange server to use the resource of our main domain controller.what should i do? Thanks Mina On 11 Mar 2006 21:09:33 -0800, "Mina" <mabbasi@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi >in our company we implement Exchange server as pilot.when i install it, >i creat the domain controller on this. But we had a main domain >cntroller before.now i want this exchange server to use the resource of >our main domain c...

safe senders?
Is there any way I can set up Outlook 2000 running on Win98 to recieve messages ONLY from those that are in my address book/Contacts? I have seen this option in Hotmail and it seems like a good cheap one to eliminate some of the extraneous mail. I can set up a rule that will filter out anyone except those in a distribution list and then copy everyone into that distribution list. However, that would never automatically update itself if I added someone to my address book, or could it? There must be some way! Thanks. "Bush_pile_it" said in news:1049g478ih11b9@corp.supernews.com: ...

Bulk Import Senders to Sender Filter
We have many names in the turf list on our Exchange 5.5 server that I wish to import into the Sender Filter on our new Exchange 2003 system. I have not been able to find out where the entries are actually stored in Exchange Server 2003 so that I could do a bulk transfer or import of some kind. Does anyone have a way to import a sender list to the Sender Filter (Message Delivery object) in Exchange 2003? - Charlie HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIMC \Parameters\turftable Charlie wrote: > We have many names in the turf list on our Exchange 5.5 > s...

blocking senders/return to sender
How can I have a messege that has been sent to me returned to sender automatically? You can't. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer andrea <icyhot1@earthlink.net> asked: | How can I have a messege that has been sent to me | returned to sender automatically? "andrea" <icyhot1@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:041e01c3611d$102b39c0$a501280a@phx.gbl > How can I have a messege that has been sent to me > returned to sender automatically? In...

After Redeploying CRM1.2 to a new domain,CRM alsways asks for a password!
Hi, After redeploying CRM to a new domain using MS Crm redeployment wizard and follow all instructions. When trying to run CRM from the CRM server itself by writing( http://localhost). it alsways asks for a password. At first Microsoft CRM was installed on a different server (W2000). Now it is installed on another server (W2003) service pack 1 . And the server keeps asking any time a users needs to Access Microsoft CRM. Also when open deployment manager, then user manager and click users, It gives an error message "The specified Microsoft CRM is not available, It might happen if it is ...

Move Exchange 5.5 to another domain
Hello, Can somebody tell me it is possible to move a Exchange 5.5 from one domain (NT 4.0) to another new domain (W2003). I dont know if there are some problem with the accounts that have the permsission in the original domain. Wich will be deleted after. Thanks Moving an Exchange 5.5 server from one domain to another is unsupported. Move the mailboxes instead. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. "Paco" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Where is suggested name file stored?
When you start to enter an e-mail address, Outlook suggests addresses you have used before. I recently exported the personal folders file from an Outlook 2003 environment to a .pst file and imported it into Outlok 2007. The suggested names file did not carry-over. Where is the file and how can I get it into the 2007 environment? Thanks!!! John G They are stored in .NK2 files in the users profile dir...locations are listed here: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup2007.asp "John Gilkey" <jlgilkey@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:Y_KdnRPjrPuDNoLanZ2dnUVZ_rKtnZ...

manual cheque the description defaults to the name of the company
1. Cards>Purchasing>Vendor>Set Vendor to Temporary. 2. Transaction>Purchasing>Transaction Entry>Print Cheque and Post Invoice 3. Inquiry>Purchasing>Transaction by vendor>Highlight>Document Number Drill Back. The description is same as the company name not the original description put in. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the su...

how to deniy a senders adress in exchange 2003
We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example heinz.loeffler@t-online.de in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but his mails keep coming trough to the mailbox we created. please advise me what to do thanks in advance. vancoillie Jurgen R u using Intelligent_Message_Filter for exchange 2003???? "jurgen vancoilie" wrote: > We keep getting spam mail of one e-mail adress for example > heinz.loeffler@t-online.de > > in the global settings mail delivery I allready blocked the sender but his > mails keep coming trough to the...

Slightly OT
I know this isn't really an Access question, but I will be running this from Access VBA. Does anyone know the method for returning the Computer Name of the local machine? Thank You, Sean Mc Actually, you right on topic, and you asked a good question in the right place: You can get the current network logon name with: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm And, the current computer name with: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0009.htm And, if using ms-access security, then currentuser() will return the ms-access logon. I often log all 3 of the above values in some appli...

Remove Dataset name as ROOT of XML
Hi, I am generating deeply nested XML document from a Dataset using ' Write to the file with the WriteXml method. DataSet21.WriteXml(myXmlWriter) The generated XML contains the <DataSet2> node as a root node (see below) is there a way to get rid of it? I ned the <Header> node to be a Root node. All info is generated from database. Thanks LoF <DataSet2> <Header> <WONo>2308100</WONo> <EDDID>SEDD</EDDID> .... create an XmlDataDocument from the DataSet http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frl...

One domain 2 excahgne servers
Hi all We currently have one forest and one domain and one exchange 2003 server. We have a remote office that wants to run its own exchagne server. Is this recomended? how do two excahgne 2003 server in the same domain but in different sites behave? I was going to put the exchange server in there oun OU and let them go for it, but is there anything i need to know about this or look out for? Thanks a bunch Skip Exchange 2003 can scale to many many sites...how many people in your remote office though? an entire server for just a few users might be overkill... "Skipster" &l...