send from still doesn't work

Hi,

I have 2 problems:

1) Some users would like to send as like the where somebody else. I tried
the send on behalf permissions and i tried the security settings in ADUC to
give send as permissions. none of them will work. The error i get is "you
are not autherized to send the message for the user" ((this is perhaps a
bad/not so accurate translation)). How do i resolve this problem??

2) I have an exchange 2000 Server with 2 email domains running on it.
Company-A.com ant Organisation-B.net. All users have email adresses for both
the firms. The users would like to send email from bot the email domains.
how do i do that in outlook?? in express i make one account where the mail
comes in, because the user account has de me@company-A.com as primary and
has a me@organisation-B.net as "alias" . So incomming is no problem. That
works wel in outlook 2000 also. but the the sending...... In outlook express
i would make a fake account just for sending as me@organisation-b.net. and
the user wil have to choose between the both. reply-ing to a message goes
automaticly right.

but i've tried some things in outlook 2000 but didn't get any good result.

who will help me out??

Grtz T@ll0ne

0
ll0ne (2)

| Hi,
|
| I have 2 problems:
|
| 1) Some users would like to send as like the where somebody else. I tried
| the send on behalf permissions and i tried the security settings in ADUC
| give send as permissions. none of them will work. The error i get is "you
| are not autherized to send the message for the user" ((this is perhaps a
| bad/not so accurate translation)). How do i resolve this problem??
|
| 2) I have an exchange 2000 Server with 2 email domains running on it.
| Company-A.com ant Organisation-B.net. All users have email adresses for
both
| the firms. The users would like to send email from bot the email domains.
| how do i do that in outlook?? in express i make one account where the mail
| comes in, because the user account has de me@company-A.com as primary and
| has a me@organisation-B.net as "alias" . So incomming is no problem. That
| works wel in outlook 2000 also. but the the sending...... In outlook
express
| i would make a fake account just for sending as me@organisation-b.net. and
| the user wil have to choose between the both. reply-ing to a message goes
| automaticly right.
|
| but i've tried some things in outlook 2000 but didn't get any good result.
|
| who will help me out??
|
| Grtz T@ll0ne

In answer to your first question, you're on the right track. Check out this
article which might provide you with some further information:
   327000 How To Grant "Send As" and "Send on Behalf" Permissions in
Exchange 2000
   http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327000

This article explains how to get access to all mailboxes (if needed):
   262054 XADM: How to Get Service Account Access to All Mailboxes in
Exchange 2000
   http://support.microsoft.com/?id=262054

Are your Outlook 2000 users connecting using POP3/SMTP or MAPI? Using
POP3/SMTP within Outlook 2000 you would likely need to create separate
profiles and define Outlook to prompt for a profile on start.

If you are connecting using Corporate/Workgroup mode (or to an Exchange
server), it is not the clients responsibility to place the sending address.
This is the default SMTP address you've defined within AD.

Regards,
Val

----
Val Tuckett
Microsoft PSS

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties and confers no rights.
Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

0
valt (41)

See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327000

> 2) I have an exchange 2000 Server with 2 email domains running on it.
> Company-A.com ant Organisation-B.net. All users have email adresses
> for both the firms. The users would like to send email from bot the
> email domains. how do i do that in outlook?? in express i make one
> account where the mail comes in, because the user account has de
> me@company-A.com as primary and has a me@organisation-B.net as
> "alias" . So incomming is no problem. That works wel in outlook 2000
> also. but the the sending...... In outlook express i would make a
> fake account just for sending as me@organisation-b.net. and the user
> wil have to choose between the both. reply-ing to a message goes
> automaticly right.
>
> but i've tried some things in outlook 2000 but didn't get any good
> result.

If the addresses are all part of the same mailbox, there's no way to do this
in Outlook. See if http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml looks like it
might work for your company.

> who will help me out??
>
> Grtz T@ll0ne

0
lanwench (7567)

No message in outbox

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Data validation doesn't work if contents is added by pasting
Hi I've data validation set so that only the number 1 can be entered, but even this cannot be entered if an adjacent cell is a certain value. this works for direct entry, but not if the value is pasted in or added using the "drag handle". Is there any way to stop this happening as I just know somewones going to try and fill all the cells by draging the values down. Regards Jeff Jeff, You could disable "Allow cell drag and drop" in Tools | Options or... copy the following code, right click the sheet tab and choose 'view code'. Paste the code into the modu...

Sending mail from remote location

Send and Recieve Fix

Unable to send?

Working with names
I'm working in a worksheet plenty of named ranges. When I change a name of a range or cell, the formulas referring that range don't reflect tha change of the name (they keep the old name). May you suggest me a procedure to reflect automatically those changes? No, Excel doesn't change your formulas when you change a name. In fact it doesn't have a "change a name" feature as such. You must accomplish that by selecting the range and defining the new name. At that point you have two named ranges, the original and the new one. Then you would delete the old one from ...

Sending messages in Outlook

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Send Do Not Send

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

How to set up your mobile device to work with CRM 3.0 Mobile
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C66980.821C2210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The most common heard problem on how to setup your PDA to work with CRM = 3.0 Mobile is how to connect to the different network environments. In most scenarios you don't want to expose your CRM server to a direct = internet connection, but you want your employees to connect via a more = secure VPN connection. We have published a walkthrough on how to setup the different network = connection on your...

What was Outlook sending?

combo box control issue - working fine in '03,
when I add a new record on the form via VBA - and then go to the combo box control, the control tip shows properly, but the cursor is not blinking. can not type anything into the box. when I click on the box, all is ok. any ideas as to what is wrong? works fine in access 2003. thx Make sure that you have at least the first 2 service packs in Access 2007. There was a combo box dropdown problem that I think was fixed in SP2. If you still have the problem, try SP3. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access &...

Outlook Can't Send Messages

'SEND' just sends it to the OUTBOX

Rules Wizard and Send/Receive error
A couple of days ago, I received an alert from Norton Antivirus software that the file "belt.cab" was corrupted but could not be deleted. Fearing the worst, I manually deleted the file. Since then, Outlook appears to be completely disabled, with the symptoms being that several commands have disappeared from the Tools menu including Send/Receive (both), Rules Wizard, Out of Office Assistant. I can compose an email, but it will not send. I have checked my email accounts and all appears to be in order. Even after a complete reinstall, I cannot send/receive email. The on...

sending Access files
Is there a quick and easy way to send access files without Outlook blocking them. I exchange files with a limited selection of people so am happy that what I am sending and receiving is OK. I know that I can use WizZip but the knowledge database also suggests changing the .mdb extension. I don't know how to do this. Do I just right click over the file and choose open with Word? Or maybe there is a simpler way. Thanks When you send a file type that on Microsoft's potentially dangerous list, you get a message informing you that the recipient may not be able to access the file on...

Trying to send emails from an external program
I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a reliable source for sending emails?? tammy0005 wrote: > I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the > email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a > reliable source for sending emails?? MapiLab's security add-on (free) ...

Multiple Send to
Dear Experts, In any Document Library you have a Send To drop down option. This can only be configured once that is only one entry. I have to have 7 Custom Send To options. Does anyone know how to create more than 1 Sent To? Best Regards, -- Girish J Bhatia MOSS Certified, SharePoint Certified, MCSE2003, MCDBA, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA ...

Reports not working #2
We installed CRM small business on a win 2003 small biz server with exchange and sql 2005.. we received an error while installing and ignored it (publishing crm reports failed unkown error) So we can get crm up and running and can get to our report server page? \\servername\reportserver\ but can't access \\servername\reportserver\reports\ Any thoughts? ...

Deleted Case, time allocation still showing in Contract line
Hi I have deleted a Case and the Time Allocation is still showing in the Contract line. How can I remove/update the Contract Lines, Allotments Used field Many thanks Martin ...

Automatically sending with outlook 2002
I am running Outlook 2002. When I click send, to send an email, it goes into Outbox. I then need to click send/receive from Inbox. Is there anyway the email can just send automatically from the outbox to avoid having to click send in 2 steps? Thanks. Check Tools | Options | Mail Setup Is the option to send messages immediately selected? Also, check the Send/Receive Settings | Define Send/Receive Groups. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Ronk"...