Send from "role" email

So, we just transitioned from an ISP hosted email to Exchange 2003 SP2. The
office manager always used "info@company.com" for sending and receiving
emails. Now we have her set up with her own name for login and
emails/Mailbox... and also have her receiving the inbound emails that are
addressed to "info@company.com". Seems to be working inbound just fine...
except if we try to send emails changing the "From" herID to
"info@company.com" -- it will not send emails. I think she'll want to
continue using this "role" email for most correspondence/sending... what do
we need to do to make this work? Thanks in advance - Dodge
0
Dodge (52)

1. Setup separate mailbox for Info, assign permissions to the office
manager. When composing new messages, person can use From field in Outlook.
2. If info@company.com is an alias/proxy address for that person (shows up
as additional address smtp:info@company.com in the Email Addresses tab in
user account's properties) - check ChooseFrom.
http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml

--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Dodge" <Dodge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So, we just transitioned from an ISP hosted email to Exchange 2003 SP2.
> The
> office manager always used "info@company.com" for sending and receiving
> emails. Now we have her set up with her own name for login and
> emails/Mailbox... and also have her receiving the inbound emails that are
> addressed to "info@company.com". Seems to be working inbound just fine...
> except if we try to send emails changing the "From" herID to
> "info@company.com" -- it will not send emails. I think she'll want to
> continue using this "role" email for most correspondence/sending... what
> do
> we need to do to make this work? Thanks in advance - Dodge

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
1/14/2006 1:11:28 AM
Dodge,

You could create a role account and also an exchange account for info. Then
from exchange general, under properties on the account, setup delivery
options for the mail to be delivered to her email address. Under email
address tab on the role account, add a smtp address for info@yourcompany.com
and set that smtp as the primary. To reply to those messages however, she
will need to be logged in as the roles account for info so that on the reply
it has the alias for the info@yourcompany.com otherwise, her name will show
up.

hope this helps

"Dodge" wrote:

> So, we just transitioned from an ISP hosted email to Exchange 2003 SP2. The
> office manager always used "info@company.com" for sending and receiving
> emails. Now we have her set up with her own name for login and
> emails/Mailbox... and also have her receiving the inbound emails that are
> addressed to "info@company.com". Seems to be working inbound just fine...
> except if we try to send emails changing the "From" herID to
> "info@company.com" -- it will not send emails. I think she'll want to
> continue using this "role" email for most correspondence/sending... what do
> we need to do to make this work? Thanks in advance - Dodge
0
Nphil (7)

CRM -- can I add USER role to CRM ADMIN account?
Can someone tell me how to change CRM administrator account rights so that this account would also include CRM user rights? Our CRM admin account does not have USER access to CRM, which I believe is the default behavior. For testing/learning purposes, I'd like to add CRM USER rights to the of CRM admin account , so that it can have combined ADMIN + USER rights in one account. since we are still waiting for user CALs -- this would greatly help us with learning our newly installed CRM 3.0. And, can I create another CRM admin account without a need to purchase an admin license? ...

Security: how to reset all roles/tasks back to default?
Hello, is there a way to reset all roles and tasks back to default settings? Thx G ...

Need to Restore System Customizer Role
We are using CRM 4.0. By mistake I deleted System Customizer Role. Now the system will not let me create New Custom Entities. I understand that you can restore a role from an old copy of the database. I am wondering if a role can be restored easily or not? Any advice would be greatly appreciated? There is a hotfix for this issue. You can get it on CustomerSource or PartnerSource. Microsoft KB article 934690 From what I understand, it's simply a SQL Script that you run against the CRM db that will replace the role. -- MD "AndyC" wrote: > We are using CRM 4.0....

Role priveleges for forms
I have created a custom entity which has a lookup for the Customer. For this form, my user has a role with read access. I only want this user to be able to read the form, not make changes. My user has another role as an administrator that allows them to create a new customer. How can I ensure that the user can only read the custom form, and not make changes to the Customer field? -- Onetreeup You can provide the user with a security role with a read-only privilege for your custom entity. "Onetreeup" wrote: > I have created a custom entity which has a lookup for the Custo...

Business Portal Roles-Payroll and HRM Administrators
Hello, I am setting up BP 3.0 with HRM Self Service and Payroll. We are on GP 9.0 on SQL Server 2005, Windows 2003 R2. When I try to setup a user as a Payroll Administrator, HRM Administrator, or and HRM Self Service Administrator I get an error message that states: System Exception:soap:Server System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException Server was unable to process request. ---> Microsoft.Sharepoint.SPException: User cannot be found. at Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal.Administration.AC_SecurityAdministrator.ModifyUserRoles(String userID,String PortalRoles,XMLElement advancedRol...

Role Name: CSR
What permissions need to be given to reactivate a case or incident? ...

I can recover the administrator role
Hello Its Posible recover the administrator role without reinstall all aplication ???? Help please.... You should be able to by manually populating the RolePrivileges table with the appropriate GUIDs. It will take some effort & research though to get the proper values. "Alex M." <soporte70@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OBJEgAbnDHA.2140@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... Hello Its Posible recover the administrator role without reinstall all aplication ???? Help please.... Why is it that so many people delete the admin role? I know I did the first time through. They n...

Send from "role" email
So, we just transitioned from an ISP hosted email to Exchange 2003 SP2. The office manager always used "info@company.com" for sending and receiving emails. Now we have her set up with her own name for login and emails/Mailbox... and also have her receiving the inbound emails that are addressed to "info@company.com". Seems to be working inbound just fine... except if we try to send emails changing the "From" herID to "info@company.com" -- it will not send emails. I think she'll want to continue using this "role" email for most corresp...

CRM 4.0 assign roles privilege does not work
I am trying to give users the Assign role privilege on Business Management tab, but it doesn't work. These users get the "Manage Roles"-button and removing roles works, but adding roles gives error notification: "The logged-on user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view these records or perform the specific action". I even copied a Marketing Manager role and gave it gradually all green balls on all tabs just like in the System Administrator role. Even that didn't work. Copying the system administrator role works as long as you don't to...

Opportunity Relationship Role
Our company has decided to associate Opportunities with Accounts and to use the Opportunity Relationships to associate the Opportunity with the appropriate Contact or Contacts by role. One thing they are not happy with is that when in the Opportunity Relationships they click to search for the Customer record to associate with the Opportunity, it defaults to Account rather than Contact. I can see that this page is calling the dialog and passing in the following parameters: lookuptypes="1,2" lookuptypenames="account:1,contact:2" If there a way I can modify this page ...

Users are missing their roles into CRM
Does anyone know if it's possible an user miss its role into CRM without the Administrator remove it manually? It's not all user just a few ones. This usually happens when the business unit of the user is changed. Is this the case? HTH, Niths "Éber" wrote: > Does anyone know if it's possible an user miss its role into CRM without the > Administrator remove it manually? It's not all user just a few ones. Hey Eber, Check and see if any users have the following permissions in their User Role(s): Open the Role Click on the "Business Management&qu...

Configuring Security Roles in GP10
I am working on configuring the security roles for our users in GP10. It looks reasonably straightforward until you run into something that doesn't work. Then figuring out what checkbox is missing can be a bear. In the current case I need to enable the user to perform bank reconciliation. I have checked: "ADMIN_FIN_004* Set up Bank Reconciliation" and "TRX_FIN_008* Reconcile bank statements" those being the only items I find referencing reconciliation. Naturally she has many other However, the user still gets the message that she is not authorized to perform...

problem with corrupted security roles
I have a MS CRM setup at a customer site where everything was working fine up untill today. All users could log on to the system and work with the data linked to there BU. Everything was working as it should. But for some very strange reaon from today on users can't access there data anymore! They can still log in to the system but get an "access denied" error all the time while accessing diferent functionallities (e.g. Leads, Opport., Accounts, contacts, Products, Notes, Activities, ...). There has been no administrative action on the system for a couple of days now....

The node should show only for users in the AdminCalendar role
Below is part on my web.sitmap file. What I wanted to happen is for the last node to show only for users in the AdminCalendar role. But it shows always. How can I fix that? <siteMapNode title="Home" url="Home/Home.aspx" description="Go to the The Home Page" > ....snip <siteMapNode title="Calendar" roles="*" description="Time an Location of events" > <siteMapNode title="Monthly Calendars" url="Calendar/EventsCalendar.aspx" description="Calendar of events&...

security roles 10-31-07
We have privileges (create, delete, update etc..) for all the MS CRM entities. I want to know how access level (user, business unit, parent-child, organization) will have an impact on the create privilege. Let us take an example with two users. User1 has got create privilege with user level access. And user2 has got create privilege with business unit level access. I do not find any limitation between two users, while creating a new record. Can you please explain how access level will have an impact on create privilege. Thanks & Regards V.Kannan ---------------- This post is a ...

Security Roles 08-29-06
We have a business unit that is storing documents in the Notes section in Opportunities. The information contained there is sensitive. To protect it from other business units, the Opportunity is only readable by the business unit that created it. Is it possible in CRM 3.0 to protect the contents in the tab Notes only from reading by other business units? Louis McDonald CTO Center for Innovative Technology lmcdonald@cit.org ...

Copy Business Portal Roles
Would like to create new Business Portal roles based upon attributes from existing roles (clone roles). Lisa, Thanks for using the newsgroup and for your suggestion. The functionality you want is being implemented for version 3.0 of Business Portal. Thank you, Rob Bernhardt[MSFT] Software Test Engineer Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Lisa Williams" wrote: > Would like to create new Business Portal roles based upon attributes from > existing roles (clone roles). > ...

Database roles execute
If you give a user datareader and datawriter, does that also give the user execute permissions on the stored procedures, views and user functions? Thanks, Tom tshad (t@dslextreme.com) writes: > If you give a user datareader and datawriter, does that also give the user > execute permissions on the stored procedures, views and user functions? You get SELECT permissions on views and functions; you cannot have EXEC rights on views, nor on table-valued functions. To give users EXECUTE rights in general, you can say: GRANT EXECUTE ON SCHEMA::dbo TO user or s...

removing active dir role on my exchange2k3 box and rename "administrator" account
Hi, Currently, my exchange 2k3 box is also my DC, We migrated from nt4 so currently, i still have my NT 4 server machines tied up. When i finished joining all users to the new domain, I will convert my NT machines to 2k3 to serve as DC. My questions are: 1) Is it ok if I remove the DC role in my exchange box after I install a new DC machine? 2) I used the administrator account to install exchange 2003, can I rename the administrator account w/o affecting exchange? Thanks ...

CRM 3.0
Hello, Could we export security roles from a CRM 3.0 and use these roles on an other CRM 3.0 ? How can we do it ? Thanks WTCSO Afraid there is no support for this. Roles are BU specific and they have not provided an import/export tool for this. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "WTCSO" <christophe.soyer(antispam)@free.fr> wrote in message news:e5bWF2iNGHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... Hello, Could we export security roles from a CRM 3.0 and use these roles on an other CRM 3.0 ? How can we do it ? Thanks WTCSO ...

Advanced Roles Missing
I clicked on "Manage Business Portal users" - Then "Add new users". Walked myself through the wizard. I was able to view the domains, domain groups, domain users, but NOT match up users to GP employee ID's. The Advanced Roles were simply not on the list. Anyone now why this happens? Earl, Thanks for using the newsgroups. What version of BP are you using? In BP 3.0, you first need to choose a domain, domain groups, and then a user. After choosing Next, the dialog window should give you the option to choose advanced roles. Are you not seeing this? Are you see...

Copy Business Portal Role to New Role
Would like to be able to create a new Business Portal role based upon the attributes of an existing role (clone). Lisa, Thanks for using the newsgroup and for your suggestion. The functionality you want is being implemented for version 3.0 of Business Portal. Thank you, Rob Bernhardt[MSFT] Software Test Engineer Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Lisa Williams" wrote: > Would like to be able to create a new Business Portal role based upon the > attributes of an existing role (clone). ...

User security roles
Hi All This is with respect to users security roles and privileges wherein suppose if one of my user is assigned security role as a 'developer' ,Can he do the following things in CRM 3.0 . 1) As a developer Can he change anyone rights within CRM. 2) As a Developer can he change status of Any othe users ID i.e enabled or disabled within CRM . 3) As a developer can he himself change his own security role within CRM. Is there any other way through which alll the above conditions are fulfilled other than CRM i.e by acccessing through web server and change all the above settings. ...

Reassigning site roles after removing the first server in an Excha
The following technet doc shows you how to do this under Exchange 5.5 Reassigning site roles after removing the first server in an Exchange site Is there a documetn for Exchagne 2003? Cheers SuperPlay This should help... How to remove the first Exchange Server 2003 computer from the administrative group http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931 -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "SuperPlay" <SuperPlay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Changing security role resulted in removal of CRM Bar in contactsc
I created a new security role and applied it to a BU. Now the members of the BU no longer have the "Track in CRM" tool bar when they go to File --> New --> contact on the Contact screen in Outlook, if someone know what permissions to change in Role to give this back that would be appreciated. Jason The privileges needed for this are 'Create' and 'Read' on the Contact object. Also, note that if user option is set to not synchronize contacts between CRM and Outlook then this will also cause the 'Track in CRM' button to not be presented (CRM men...