Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv

Hi,
I am new here, so please bear with me.  I am hoping someone can help me.  I
have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck.

I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office
replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain
without opening up to the internet.  The reasoning is to prevent spam
programs from detecting legit addresses.

Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty:  Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition

Main Mail Server for Students:  SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com

They are in the same domain, but I am wanting to allowing the students to
get an Out of Office Reply if a teacher they are trying to contact is not
available.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

0
Ohioian (2)

If the students use a separate SMTP domain, create separate Internet Message
Format settings for that domain and allow OOFs.
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Bob the Ohioian" <Bob the Ohioian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B7DC7AC9-00B8-41EF-8F73-03E612F6A9EC@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I am new here, so please bear with me.  I am hoping someone can help me.
> have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no
> luck.
>
> I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office
> replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain
> without opening up to the internet.  The reasoning is to prevent spam
> programs from detecting legit addresses.
>
> Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty:  Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition
>
> Main Mail Server for Students:  SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com
>
> They are in the same domain, but I am wanting to allowing the students to
> get an Out of Office Reply if a teacher they are trying to contact is not
> available.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Bob

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
5/22/2006 11:11:16 PM
Hi, Bharat
I need some clarification.  What do you mean by separate SMTP domain?
The Exchange server is "exchange.domain.edu" and the nonExchange server is
"webmail.domain.edu"  So, I would assume they use the same SMTP domain, but
they are separate email servers.  I hope this helps you help me.  Thanks
again.

Bob

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> If the students use a separate SMTP domain, create separate Internet Message
> Format settings for that domain and allow OOFs.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "Bob the Ohioian" <Bob the Ohioian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:B7DC7AC9-00B8-41EF-8F73-03E612F6A9EC@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> > I am new here, so please bear with me.  I am hoping someone can help me.
> > have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no
> > luck.
> >
> > I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office
> > replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain
> > without opening up to the internet.  The reasoning is to prevent spam
> > programs from detecting legit addresses.
> >
> > Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty:  Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition
> >
> > Main Mail Server for Students:  SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com
> >
> > They are in the same domain, but I am wanting to allowing the students to
> > get an Out of Office Reply if a teacher they are trying to contact is not
> > available.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Bob

Resolution to printing mail merge 4 up
Here is what I had to do in order to print postcards 4 up mail merged properly so that each name is on their own card. I am using Publisher 2003 so I don't know if this will work in other versions. Using the Tools>Mail Merge Wizard, Set up the mail merge the way you want it to appear (steps 1 thru 4). Only stop at step 4 DO NOT continue to step 5. Go to File>Print Merge At this point you can select the printer, properties etc as well as change copies per sheet and print range or all. This seems to work and will place a different name/address on each card on that page. I ...

OWA Exchange
Just finished the migration of mailboxes for exchange 2k to exchange 2k3 so i decided to get iis ready for the exposed OWA. I know all about front end servers but in this shop its not an option. The trouble started when i renamed the default web site to reflect the name the cert will be using, mail.domain.xxx. The cuurent behavior i'm experiencing with owa is when accessing http://servername/exchange i'm autheniticated however i receive the directory browsing display; i see a list of all mailboxes and when i click on mine it opens to another list of folders. I ran a veritas ba...

No message in outbox

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

PowerPoint 2003 to accessible Word 2003 via VBA?
I'd like to extract all content from a Windows PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to PDF conversion. I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline does not include any of the following: - text added on a blank slide layout - text in a text box - tables. - images. Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as tables? Charles Belo...

Exchange/Active Directory and backing up the system
So we have exchange, We actually have it replicated to a lcr machine and we also do NT backups of the database every 3 hours. So we hav all our bases covered, or so we thought. Yesterday we had an issue with our Domain controller. Turns out, much to my surprise, that Exchange went down when I could not connect to the domain controller. So now I have a entirely new area of disaster recovery I need to understand and account for that I never knew existed. How do I protect my exchange server so that, in the event my domain controller were to die... I am covered? Thanks On Wed, ...

Sending mail from remote location

Send and Recieve Fix

mail size restriction
how to restrict the maximum size of message is 2MB for all user to send through my exchange server 5.5 both local and ims You can set restrictions on the IMS,. Local user restrictions in 5.5 are a bit more tricky. However, by forcing messages through the MTA and applying the limits on the MTA, you can accomplish that as well. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem Value : No Local Delivery Type: DWORD Value: 0x1 Test of course! On Sat, 1 May 2004 22:37:43 -0700, "jameel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Unable to send?

Good practise
THanks for your reply. Wil this be fine even if my users have mailboxes round about 1GB. My GM's mailbox is 4GB. Can i start moving the mails back to the exchange DB and how will it affect the performance of my exchange box.Thank you craig >I suggest applying Exchange SP2, editing registry to allow DB size to >accommodate your storage needs and increasing storage limits. >After all, .psts are kept on the server too, taking space. Message in >.pst needs the same or more disk space than in Exchange DB. Also the >same message sent to many recipients stored in Exchange DB...

Sending messages in Outlook

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Forwarding Mail to an external Address
I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that distribution group, to an external email address. Is this possible? I tried to set up the rule, but could not get it to work. Thanks On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:17:01 -0700, RayRedSoxFan <RayRedSoxFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a >rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that >distribution group, to an external email address. Is this p...

Send Do Not Send

Exchange 2003, Windows Server 2003, Data Centre Environment
Interesting title to a somewhat uninteresting post. I've just signed up for this, using the Windows Live Mila desktop beta, and just want to test things are working ok! Hello! Adam Laslett wrote: > Interesting title to a somewhat uninteresting post. > I've just signed up for this, using the Windows Live Mila desktop beta, > and just want to test things are working ok! > > Hello! > SOB. ...

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

2003 SP2
after applying service pack2 on exchnage server 2003, i receive the following error in my event viewer Faulting application store.exe, version 6.5.7638.2, stamp 434353c1, faulting module exsmtp.dll, version 6.5.7638.1, stamp 430e8020, debug? 0, fault address 0x000096f6. =?Utf-8?B?a2FuaWthc0BuaXNzcGFydGEuY29t?= <kanikas@nissparta.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:5A526192-F924-4FE3-B823-D2C3B9722B48@microsoft.com: > after applying service pack2 on exchnage server 2003, i receive the > following error in my event viewer > Faulting application store.exe, version 6...

Outlook 2003 on Vista Business
One of my colleague's machine having problem when open an attached .doc or ..pdf file. The Outlook 2003 will restart automatically by itself for sometime. There was no Google's software installed. I also uninstalled the Norton Internet Security 2008. The problem still the same. Please help. Just found some information about this. Someone said register the following 2 dll files can fix this problem: actxprxy.dll shdocvw.dll Is that true? "Bryan Tang" <bryantang01@netvigator.com> ���g��l��s�D:eIGzjM4mIHA.4504@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > One of my colleague'...

What was Outlook sending?

opening Windows Excel 2003 files with my Mac Excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I cannot open the Windows Excel 2003 files sent to me by my accountant. I have Mac Excel 2008. It defaults to the Numbers program, part of Iworks. I need the full functions of Excel to work on the files...not Numbers. thanks I suspect that this is the same problem I have found with Keynote/ PowerPoint. Hold the control key down while you press the mouse on the file you are trying to open. Then pick "Open with" and choose Excel. If you have a two (or more button mouse you can also use "right click" ...

Is it possible to see the critical path of a specific task (non-cr
Hi everyone, Sory for the bad english...i`ll try to be clear!! For example, i have a big project in ms project, and i do some uptades and when i do this normally the project gets a finish date even more late. What i would like to know is, for example, my boss ask me for a task (TASK ID780) in the midle off the project "Why it became so late?" and i usually see all the tasks that are ID780 predecessors, and try to see the answer. Is it possible to do a formula, or something else, that show me the critical path of a specific task. With the baseline dates and variances a...

Tracking Distribution Group Usage (Exchange 2003)
Is there some way, within Exchange 2003, to determine what distribution groups are being used, how often they are being used, and by whom? I'd like to remove any groups that aren't being used but I don't know how to determine which ones they would be. -Alan ...