Send as group in Exchange 5.5

I have a customer that had groups set up where the "From" field shows the
group address when one of the members sends an e-mail.  For example, they
have a group of users called "Exec Admin."  When one of the members sends a
message, the message displays that it's from the "Exec Admin" group.  Can
anyone tell me how this is set up?  The administrator made a change to one of
the users and this no longer works for the whole group.  I need to go and
help them troubleshoot, but I'm not even sure how this is configured.

Thanks!

Give them Send As permissions in the Exch Admin gui. ( Under that
permissions tab)

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:45:04 -0800, "Jesse Ramos"
<JesseRamos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a customer that had groups set up where the "From" field shows the
>group address when one of the members sends an e-mail.  For example, they
>have a group of users called "Exec Admin."  When one of the members sends a
>message, the message displays that it's from the "Exec Admin" group.  Can
>anyone tell me how this is set up?  The administrator made a change to one of
>the users and this no longer works for the whole group.  I need to go and
>help them troubleshoot, but I'm not even sure how this is configured.
>
>Thanks!

0
adavid (8731)

OWA Exchange
Just finished the migration of mailboxes for exchange 2k to exchange 2k3 so i decided to get iis ready for the exposed OWA. I know all about front end servers but in this shop its not an option. The trouble started when i renamed the default web site to reflect the name the cert will be using, mail.domain.xxx. The cuurent behavior i'm experiencing with owa is when accessing http://servername/exchange i'm autheniticated however i receive the directory browsing display; i see a list of all mailboxes and when i click on mine it opens to another list of folders. I ran a veritas ba...

No message in outbox

Exchange/Active Directory and backing up the system
So we have exchange, We actually have it replicated to a lcr machine and we also do NT backups of the database every 3 hours. So we hav all our bases covered, or so we thought. Yesterday we had an issue with our Domain controller. Turns out, much to my surprise, that Exchange went down when I could not connect to the domain controller. So now I have a entirely new area of disaster recovery I need to understand and account for that I never knew existed. How do I protect my exchange server so that, in the event my domain controller were to die... I am covered? Thanks On Wed, ...

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Sending mail from remote location

Group Summary
Hi, I want to know if there is a possible way of doing this. Your help would be much appreciated. I am able to do the count by each sport. Baseball 23 Hockey 22 Tennis 54 but I"m looking if there is a way to add the last line: Baseball 23 Hockey 22 Tennis 54 All Sports 99 << is that possible to add on the same query Thanks You can show a total in the bottom row of your query in Access 2007 only. While viewing the query results, click the Home tab of the ribbon, and depress the Totals button in the Records group. A T...

Send and Recieve Fix

Question for the group
I've been kicking around the idea of developing a browser-based set of process flow diagrams with GP screenshots with explanatory text linked to the process steps. I'm thinking this would be useful for SOX and ISO compliance and for training. I'd like to get an idea of how many other people think a tool such as this would have value before I invest the time in it. Thanks in advance for your input. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com I have been looking at this as well and know where the software can be found. We started working throu...

Unable to send?

Sending messages in Outlook

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Send Do Not Send

Exchange 2003, Windows Server 2003, Data Centre Environment
Interesting title to a somewhat uninteresting post. I've just signed up for this, using the Windows Live Mila desktop beta, and just want to test things are working ok! Hello! Adam Laslett wrote: > Interesting title to a somewhat uninteresting post. > I've just signed up for this, using the Windows Live Mila desktop beta, > and just want to test things are working ok! > > Hello! > SOB. ...

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

What was Outlook sending?

Rules Wizard and Send/Receive error
A couple of days ago, I received an alert from Norton Antivirus software that the file "belt.cab" was corrupted but could not be deleted. Fearing the worst, I manually deleted the file. Since then, Outlook appears to be completely disabled, with the symptoms being that several commands have disappeared from the Tools menu including Send/Receive (both), Rules Wizard, Out of Office Assistant. I can compose an email, but it will not send. I have checked my email accounts and all appears to be in order. Even after a complete reinstall, I cannot send/receive email. The on...

Cached Exchange Mode #4
What's the best way to turn on the Cached Exchange Mode with the least user intervention? This is for the scenario where the Outlook is already installed. Is there any scripts that would automate this? Thank you in advanced. You could create a prf-file to automatically recreate the mail profiles. More on prf-file creation can be found in the Office Resource Kit Or you can edit the registry key controlling Cached Exchange Mode; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/cachedmoderegkey.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips &...

exchnage 5.5 multiple domains
Hi Guys OK - what's the trick...? We have a server with exchange 5.5 and two mail domain names. We can set up users to receive E-mail from either domain name. That works fine. Now the user wants to send E-mail from either domain... Currently they can only send with the return address being the initial/default domain name. How on earth do you set up "one" users mailbox to send from either domain. Pick and choose so to speak. The mail client is Outlook 2000. Hope this is a really dumb question with a simple answer. Got me stuffed, but that ain't hard (grin) Thanks in advance...

Tracking Distribution Group Usage (Exchange 2003)
Is there some way, within Exchange 2003, to determine what distribution groups are being used, how often they are being used, and by whom? I'd like to remove any groups that aren't being used but I don't know how to determine which ones they would be. -Alan ...

Great Plains 7.5, WSS 2, and Office 03 Integration
Hello: I've downloaded the Office 03 integration tool for Great Plains 7.5 from CustomerSource. My current setup is a server running IIS 6 and WSS 2. My GP is stored on another SQL Server. I followed the instructions EXACTLY to set this up. The Office 2003 web parts are installed on the server with Windows Sharepoint Services on it, then I installed the Office integration file. In the setup the COM+ user is the local administrator and I used what was recommended in the instructions for the name of the Great Plains user to access the data (MBSOffice). I ran the security utility after...

'SEND' just sends it to the OUTBOX

Outlook Can't Send Messages

sending Access files
Is there a quick and easy way to send access files without Outlook blocking them. I exchange files with a limited selection of people so am happy that what I am sending and receiving is OK. I know that I can use WizZip but the knowledge database also suggests changing the .mdb extension. I don't know how to do this. Do I just right click over the file and choose open with Word? Or maybe there is a simpler way. Thanks When you send a file type that on Microsoft's potentially dangerous list, you get a message informing you that the recipient may not be able to access the file on...