Send as distribution list in Exchange 2003

Our company would like to create a generic distribution
list with a few members to receive external emails (E.g.
info@testing.com). And when the DL member replies, the
reply will be sent from info@testing.com instead of the
user's own address.

I've tried to grant various permissions on the DL to the
members, including Full mailbox access. However the DL
member cannot send from DL address.

Outlook returned an undeliverable email said "You do not
have permission to send to this recipient. For
assistance, contact your system administrator."

Server: Exchange 2003 SP1
Client: Outlook 2003 SP1

0
anonymous (74717)

Hi,

try this:
1.use ADUC with exchange extension(or use it at the exchange server)
2.make sure the -> View->advanced features is checked
3.browse the the DL ,right click -> properties -> security tab
4.Click add at 'group or user names' to add the users/group you want have
send as right
5. checked the allow box at 'Send As' option under permissions

"Jimmy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Our company would like to create a generic distribution
> list with a few members to receive external emails (E.g.
> info@testing.com). And when the DL member replies, the
> reply will be sent from info@testing.com instead of the
> user's own address.
>
> I've tried to grant various permissions on the DL to the
> members, including Full mailbox access. However the DL
> member cannot send from DL address.
>
> Outlook returned an undeliverable email said "You do not
> have permission to send to this recipient. For
> assistance, contact your system administrator."
>
> Server: Exchange 2003 SP1
> Client: Outlook 2003 SP1

0
laikwong (3)
8/19/2004 3:11:06 AM
That's exactly what I did previously. At first,
only 'Send As' was granted and got the no permission
error. Then I granted 'Full mailbox access' to the DL but
the result was still the same.

0
anonymous (74717)
8/19/2004 5:44:50 AM
See if SendAs Group application: http://www.ivasoft.biz/sendasgroup.shtml
could help.

--
Regards,

Victor Ivanidze,
software developer

> That's exactly what I did previously. At first,
> only 'Send As' was granted and got the no permission
> error. Then I granted 'Full mailbox access' to the DL but
> the result was still the same.

0
no1498 (362)
8/19/2004 7:14:44 PM
That means it cannot be done with Exchange 2003 alone?!
That is surprising because it can be done in Exchange 5.5
by granting Send As permission to a distribution list,
and then users can send from DL.

Jimmy

0
anonymous (74717)
8/20/2004 1:06:27 AM
You can do that with Exchange 2003 alone.

But SendAsGroup uility can help if you need each outgoing external message
from group memebrs has From: group@domain.com address instead of
johndoe@doain.com.

--
Thanks and regards,

Victor Ivanidze,
software developer

> That means it cannot be done with Exchange 2003 alone?!
> That is surprising because it can be done in Exchange 5.5
> by granting Send As permission to a distribution list,
> and then users can send from DL.
>
> Jimmy

0
no1498 (362)
8/21/2004 5:55:19 AM
I've got this problem too. I only want to send from the distribution group
now and again, so I want to use the 'from' address in outlook rather than
have the address sent every time.

Can you tell us how to configure it?

Thanks

Matt

"Victor Ivanidze" wrote:

> You can do that with Exchange 2003 alone.
>
> But SendAsGroup uility can help if you need each outgoing external message
> from group memebrs has From: group@domain.com address instead of
> johndoe@doain.com.
>

> --
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Victor Ivanidze,
> software developer
>

> > That means it cannot be done with Exchange 2003 alone?!
> > That is surprising because it can be done in Exchange 5.5
> > by granting Send As permission to a distribution list,
> > and then users can send from DL.
> >
> > Jimmy

0
MattEvans (3)
10/20/2004 4:07:05 PM
Just follow the recommendations by Michael Chan placed earlier in this
thread:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&selm=%23ZiquoZhEHA.2544%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl

--
Regards,

Victor Ivanidze,
software developer

"Matt Evans" <MattEvans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've got this problem too. I only want to send from the distribution group
> now and again, so I want to use the 'from' address in outlook rather than
> have the address sent every time.
>
> Can you tell us how to configure it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Matt
>
> "Victor Ivanidze" wrote:
>
> > You can do that with Exchange 2003 alone.
> >
> > But SendAsGroup uility can help if you need each outgoing external
message
> > from group memebrs has From: group@domain.com address instead of
> > johndoe@doain.com.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks and regards,
> >
> > Victor Ivanidze,
> > software developer
> >

> > > That means it cannot be done with Exchange 2003 alone?!
> > > That is surprising because it can be done in Exchange 5.5
> > > by granting Send As permission to a distribution list,
> > > and then users can send from DL.
> > >
> > > Jimmy

0
no1498 (362)
10/21/2004 2:00:04 PM
Hi Victor

I have already set this up. I created the Distribution Group, went to the
security tab, added the user, and modified the properties so that the send as
was enabled.

I noticed that domain admins also have full control, and I cannot send from
the distribution group even as a domain admin.

It's wierd because the error indicates that it can't send to the recipient,
I don't know if that means that I can't send as the DG or that the DG can't
send to the internet email address...

It's got me scratching my head!

Thanks

Matt

"Victor Ivanidze" wrote:

> Just follow the recommendations by Michael Chan placed earlier in this
> thread:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&selm=%23ZiquoZhEHA.2544%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Victor Ivanidze,
> software developer
>

> "Matt Evans" <MattEvans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've got this problem too. I only want to send from the distribution group
> > now and again, so I want to use the 'from' address in outlook rather than
> > have the address sent every time.
> >
> > Can you tell us how to configure it?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Matt
> >
> > "Victor Ivanidze" wrote:
> >
> > > You can do that with Exchange 2003 alone.
> > >
> > > But SendAsGroup uility can help if you need each outgoing external
> message
> > > from group memebrs has From: group@domain.com address instead of
> > > johndoe@doain.com.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Thanks and regards,
> > >
> > > Victor Ivanidze,
> > > software developer

0
MattEvans (3)
10/21/2004 2:19:05 PM
"brian mccabe" <brian mccabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I am experiencing exactly the same problem as Matt.
>
> I want to receive emails through a distribution group helpdesk@acme.com
> amnd
> then any member of that group should be able to reply from
> helpdesk@acme.com
> using the from: field in Outlook 2003. We have SBS 2003 Std Ed installed.
>
> I have changed the permissions on the distribution list to allow SendAs
> but
> still have emails bouncing back saying " You do not have permission to
> send
> to this recipient.  For assistance, contact your system administrator.
> "
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> "Matt Evans" wrote:

Hi! Sorry on my bad english!

It may be stupid but I had the same problem when I was writting the mail
address in from field. Try to select mail address of your distribution group
from global address list.

--
Regards,
Tomo

0
ttomot (1)
1/19/2005 2:18:20 PM
Thanks Tomo. I hadn't tried that and you did raise my hopes momentarily!

Unfortunately, it still didn't work.

Thanks anyway. If anyone else has any idea son how to do ths, it would be
veryu much appreciated. Maybe one of the earlier posters has found a fix by
now?

> "Tomo" wrote:
> Hi! Sorry on my bad english!
>
> It may be stupid but I had the same problem when I was writting the mail
> address in from field. Try to select mail address of your distribution group
> from global address list.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Tomo

Hi there,

I think this tool perhabs is the right solution for your question, have a
look on it:  http://www.lucatec.de/mask    This  is a utility which
automates certain routine tasks if you're working with a Microsoft Exchange
Server and have set up public eMail accounts for individual departments,
branches or tasks of your organization.

Greetings S.Hoenes

"brian mccabe" <brian mccabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I am experiencing exactly the same problem as Matt.
>
> I want to receive emails through a distribution group helpdesk@acme.com
amnd
> then any member of that group should be able to reply from
helpdesk@acme.com
> using the from: field in Outlook 2003. We have SBS 2003 Std Ed installed.
>
> I have changed the permissions on the distribution list to allow SendAs
but
> still have emails bouncing back saying " You do not have permission to
send
> to this recipient.  For assistance, contact your system administrator.
> "
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> "Matt Evans" wrote:
>
> > Hi Victor
> >
> > I have already set this up. I created the Distribution Group, went to
the
> > security tab, added the user, and modified the properties so that the
send as
> > was enabled.
> >
> > I noticed that domain admins also have full control, and I cannot send
from
> > the distribution group even as a domain admin.
> >
> > It's wierd because the error indicates that it can't send to the
recipient,
> > I don't know if that means that I can't send as the DG or that the DG
can't
> > send to the internet email address...
> >
> > It's got me scratching my head!
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Matt
> >
> > "Victor Ivanidze" wrote:
> >
> > > Just follow the recommendations by Michael Chan placed earlier in this
> > > thread:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&selm=%23ZiquoZhEHA.2544%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl

> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Victor Ivanidze,
> > > software developer
> > >

> > > "Matt Evans" <MattEvans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > message

0
hoenes

No message in outbox

Bin and sort a large list of data
I have a large list of data that i need to go through for my job. what i want to do is organize the numbers into bins, then elimintate any numbers that are identical. does anyone have any ideas? Hi, Sort the data into the number order. Let's say that is in column A. Then in the first free column, make the first cell 0, and then do in row 2 =IF (A1=A2,1,0) This will then equal zero on the first line of a new number. Then Copy, Paste Special, Values on this column of ones and zeros, and then sort on it. The data at the top will be a unique list of numbers. You can just the...

OWA Exchange
Just finished the migration of mailboxes for exchange 2k to exchange 2k3 so i decided to get iis ready for the exposed OWA. I know all about front end servers but in this shop its not an option. The trouble started when i renamed the default web site to reflect the name the cert will be using, mail.domain.xxx. The cuurent behavior i'm experiencing with owa is when accessing http://servername/exchange i'm autheniticated however i receive the directory browsing display; i see a list of all mailboxes and when i click on mine it opens to another list of folders. I ran a veritas ba...

Exchange/Active Directory and backing up the system
So we have exchange, We actually have it replicated to a lcr machine and we also do NT backups of the database every 3 hours. So we hav all our bases covered, or so we thought. Yesterday we had an issue with our Domain controller. Turns out, much to my surprise, that Exchange went down when I could not connect to the domain controller. So now I have a entirely new area of disaster recovery I need to understand and account for that I never knew existed. How do I protect my exchange server so that, in the event my domain controller were to die... I am covered? Thanks On Wed, ...

PowerPoint 2003 to accessible Word 2003 via VBA?
I'd like to extract all content from a Windows PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to PDF conversion. I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline does not include any of the following: - text added on a blank slide layout - text in a text box - tables. - images. Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as tables? Charles Belo...

Master Category List keeps reverting to default list
I have had the Master Category List revert to the default list several times now. This has happend at least 6 times since I upgraded to Office 2003 a year ago. This is annoying, as I have my own, different, list of categories that I use. I have used the good info that Sue Mosher provides at: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olcat.htm to make a backup of my catagories. Using the registry restore routine certainly makes the fix a bit easier than retyping all of the categories. Still, having to dink with the registry to keep outlook from destrying my data is more than a bit unnerving. Does...

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Sending mail from remote location

Send and Recieve Fix

Unable to send?

How do I sync Microsoft Outlook 2003 to my new Motorola Droid?
I would like to sync my calendar, contacts, tasks, and notes from my PC's Microsoft Outlook 2003 to my new Motorola Droid What sync software does it use? Did you read the instructions? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use? ...

Integration Manager SOP distributions
I want to override some segments in the GL account distributions for a Sales Invoice integration. It works great except it only brings in the accounts I tell it to. It doesn't include the default accounts like A/R. Or, is there a way for it to use the default accounts for the transaction, and then update the distributions with the new segments? Oh I figured it out. There is an option in the distributions for "Default unImported accounts" or something like that and it worked!!! "barbola" wrote: > I want to override some segments in the GL account distributions...

Sending messages in Outlook

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Send Do Not Send

CRM 3.0 Distribute Campaign Activity Error
I'm trying to do a word mail merge to a marketing list which is part of a campaign. I can create the Campaign Activity (Channel is "Letter via Mail Merge"). When I click on "open word" on the "Distribute Campaign Activity" screen after having selected the type of "template" I get an error Line: 132 Char: 1 Error: Access is denied Code: 0 URL: http://<server name/_grid/cmds/dlg_canmailmerge.aspx?iObyType=4402&Total=1&sIds=<GUID>&sAction=letterviamailmerge I have system administration role, mail merge has no issues on any other ...

Exchange 2003, Windows Server 2003, Data Centre Environment
Interesting title to a somewhat uninteresting post. I've just signed up for this, using the Windows Live Mila desktop beta, and just want to test things are working ok! Hello! Adam Laslett wrote: > Interesting title to a somewhat uninteresting post. > I've just signed up for this, using the Windows Live Mila desktop beta, > and just want to test things are working ok! > > Hello! > SOB. ...

Ques regarding "Junk Sender List"
When adding to "Junk Sender List" in Outlook, specifically OL 2K2-SP3, is the real e-mail address recorded (johnQpublic@domain) or the alias (John Q. Public)? Similarily, can entire domains be flagged as Junk Mail senders? Thanks in advance. Joe It's the real email address that's recorded. I don't believe you flag an entire domain (though that would be very nice) because I don't think you can use any wildcards for the username (IE) *@blah.com with the * being a wildcard. Like I said though, it would sure be helpful because we all know the minute you bloc...

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

opening Windows Excel 2003 files with my Mac Excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I cannot open the Windows Excel 2003 files sent to me by my accountant. I have Mac Excel 2008. It defaults to the Numbers program, part of Iworks. I need the full functions of Excel to work on the files...not Numbers. thanks I suspect that this is the same problem I have found with Keynote/ PowerPoint. Hold the control key down while you press the mouse on the file you are trying to open. Then pick "Open with" and choose Excel. If you have a two (or more button mouse you can also use "right click" ...

What was Outlook sending?

Rules Wizard and Send/Receive error
A couple of days ago, I received an alert from Norton Antivirus software that the file "belt.cab" was corrupted but could not be deleted. Fearing the worst, I manually deleted the file. Since then, Outlook appears to be completely disabled, with the symptoms being that several commands have disappeared from the Tools menu including Send/Receive (both), Rules Wizard, Out of Office Assistant. I can compose an email, but it will not send. I have checked my email accounts and all appears to be in order. Even after a complete reinstall, I cannot send/receive email. The on...